Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='KaneRobot']Same here. I couldn't possibly care less about MW3. Will probably check it out 6 or 8 months from now just for the singleplayer. As short as they are they're usually pretty entertaining...multiplayer will be the same old shit.
[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. It could be the fact that all of the people I normally play with got BF3 day 1 but as much as I like COD, I won't be picking up MW3 for a good while. IDK just need a break from the series.

Sounds like the randoms are a real problem for some. If anyone sees me on send me a msg and I'll send you an invite. I am always playing with a 3 man squad and its pretty easy to dominate with good communication. I'm pretty sure it will get a little harder come MW3 time.

I try to be a team player as much as I can. I think one game I had 3 kills and 12 deaths yet nearly 3k points because I healed, revived, and captured flags.

Depending how familiar I am with the map and how long the match is I've even been at the top spot at one point in the match even with a craptastic K/D ratio.

Played for several hours tonight. Starting to get annoyed that the opposite team is always comprised of fellows 15+ levels higher. Kind of sucks that you can't get into a vehicle without hearing a lock on noise within 3 seconds when playing against high levels.

Oh and where in the hell are the mobile AA guns?

I wish to voice my opinion on a couple of things that were just mentioned...

1) I, without a shadow of a doubt, camped a whole hell of a lot more in Black Ops than I do in BF3. Granted, I might have played like 10 games in Black Ops, just trying to get the achievement about finishing "in the money," but that's basically all I did. Just stand in a corner, wait for someone to run by, shoot them...rinse and repeat. And I'm not that good at FPS games. I don't have the twitch reflexes for them anymore. But I still kicked some major ass in most of those games. You really cannot do that in most of the BF3 maps, because they are so big, and there is so many different ways for the other team to attack you. Also, with all of the various teammate mechanics in BF3, if everyone is playing right, a camper won't last very long at all.

2) I don't see how just about anyone can do good in CoD...well, except by camping like I did lol. The series is essentially all about your ability to kill. If you don't have the twitch reflexes, you are screwed. This is why I eventually got turned off from the Medal of Honor MP. DICE was clearly trying to make a CoD clone, and I hated it, because it lacked all of the elements that make the BF series more accessible to everyone. Even if you suck at FPS games or are just starting out in the game and lack the good equipment, there are a zillion ways to get points and help out. Hand out supplies. Spot enemies. Fix a vehicle. Jump in a vehicle with an experienced driver and help out as the gunner.

Take my opinion for what it's worth. I never played a BF game before Bad Company. Loved that game. Loved BC2. And I love BF3. The CoD series, to me, has had great single players and MP portions that bore the shit out of me.

I like when fanboys confuse popularity with quality. They are both most likely going to be similar quality (aside from Coop and single player which it seems like MW3 gets the nod) but as far as a gameplay standpoint goes its pointless to even discuss it.

I know we have some fanboys of both games but do we really have to do this again?

I just found out one of the options when searching for a server is for Infantry only. That was one of the things I loved about playing BF2 on the pc many years ago is the option of playing without vehicles. It just seems like some people can only get kills while they are in vehicles.

edit: ok, just played infantry and it has veh's so not sure wtf it means to play that type of game/server

Last edited by a moderator:
God they need to fix this fucking game.

I've shot 2 choppers in Op Firestorm using an Abrams, I get a vehicle disabled..............why the fuck do I not get a vehicle kill? Why can a chopper withstand a tank shell? Mean while the Havok can rape the Abrams without breaking a sweat.

I shot a low flying jet with the Abrams in the same game, no hit marker, nothing.

[quote name='seanr1221']So my friend is pretty pissed off. He bought this game day 1, but his box doesn't mention the Back to Karkand pack.

He figured it was like BC2 where everyone buying it new would get some free maps.

EDIT - and Traken nails it. There's a reason CoD is top dog.

That's not to say BF3 isn't great. I think I already put 13 hours into it, but it's definitely taking a backseat come Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Limited Edition was only guaranteed for preorders. There is a different graphic on the box.

I know KMart only got about 20% of their copies as LE. Walmart, Target, BB, and TRU may of had more. I know I've seen both the regular and LE at Target.

Only retailer I know of that got 100% LE in the first print run was Gamestop.

[quote name='hustletron']God they need to fix this fucking game.

I've shot 2 choppers in Op Firestorm using an Abrams, I get a vehicle disabled..............why the fuck do I not get a vehicle kill? Why can a chopper withstand a tank shell? Mean while the Havok can rape the Abrams without breaking a sweat.

I shot a low flying jet with the Abrams in the same game, no hit marker, nothing.[/QUOTE]
Vehicle Disabled is a different state than Vehicle Destroyed. Vehicles slowly regenerate health, but once they're Disabled (i.e. take a certain percentage of damage), that stops and they're more vulnerable. It's likely there was an Engineer aboard the Helicopter that was repairing it as they flew. I do that with my teammates often.

Also, my knife is pretty well cemented as my 2nd most used weapon. So satisfying to flank enemies and go knife-happy.

[quote name='trq']
Of course, the best possible thing that could happen to CoD is Kill Confirmed becoming the new primary mode, so that people actually have to stick their heads out of their little rat holes if they want to get kill streaks, but I'm skeptical that's going to be an easy adjustment for a lot of the player base. Here's hoping.[/QUOTE]

In theory that would have been nice... But the way they set it up is that when you kill the person you get your point for your point streak. When someone picks up the tag is when it counts towards your team score. So I can already see a lot of these matches going the full-time limit when you aren't playing with a few other good players.

[quote name='trq']Yeah? Obviously you can still hip fire and get kills (I think I just unlocked a laser sight for the SV98 -- WTF?), but the snap-to auto-aim in BF3 doesn't seem as strong as it does in CoD, which is what makes real "no-scoping" possible. I may just be an outlier, but I can honestly say I've yet to be killed by a sniper rifle in a close range shootout.
[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is that now the sniper rifles are just flat out weak as shit. I was on Tehran a couple nights ago and proceeded to headshot a guy from across the map 3 times (all with hit markers), he fires two bursts of a silenced UMP at me and kills me instantly. Getting out sniped by an SMG from what is probably a good 300 yards is absolutely jacked. Someone needs to drag the guys from DICE into a field and then give them a UMP and see how well they snipe someone from 300 yards away.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Anyway - anyone know about the Vietnam & Battlefield 2 dog tags? I assumed "Vietnam" referred to the PC version of Battlefield Vietnam and not BFBC2 Vietnam since I didn't get that tag, but then I DO own the PC BF2 and didn't get that tag either.

So at this point I'm assuming the Vietnam tag is for PC Battlefield Vietnam and the Battlefield 2 tag is for the console Battlefield 2 only...anyone know if this is the case?[/QUOTE]

Both are from the PC versions. I know for a fact the Vietnam one is, and I am almost positive that BF2 is seeing as I played the hell out of BF2 for 360 and I definitely have not been rewarded with the tag.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']See, what you're listing at the end isn't something that makes COD objectively better, it just makes it different. Using a lack of killstreaks against BF3 would be comparable to docking COD for a lack of vehicles, and that would be just as myopic. The games are balanced in two completely different ways to two completely different play styles. Killstreaks in COD reward individual play, and there is literally no incentive to help your team beyond shooting as many enemies as possible. It's a team game in the loosest sense of the word. Battlefield, however, is balanced towards team play. You can be MVP with a shit K/D spread because you armed objectives, healed teammates, repaired vehicles, etc.

As for not enough gunfights, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'm in firefights constantly. Are you playing in a squad, or by yourself? If it's by yourself, then no wonder. The game's designed for you to be in a squad so you can spawn off of them and stay in the action.

The games really scratch two different FPS itches. If you want to be individually rewarded for your work, then COD gives you that affirming pat on the head and encourages you to do better. That can feel fucking awesome when you do well, and it's why I play it when I do. Battlefield, though, doesn't reward you for doing well as an individual, but as a team. Doing well as an individual means being a team player and supporting other people, and that can be a reward in and of itself, to be honest. There's nothing quite so satisfying as sitting gunner in a tank, popping out to repair, and covering each other.[/QUOTE]

Now my two cents on the whole BF vs COD discussion...

While agree with you about the games being completely different and not meant to be compared (something I have said all along), to say that CoD is strictly individual is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Yea it is individual in FFA. Go play a game of TDM or any objective mode and try to tell me that one person can win a game for a team, because that is absolute bullshit. I can't tell you how many times I have gone 30+ kills and 5 deaths or fewer and still lost by over 25 kills. Then you into objective based, and it is even worse. If you don't have at least 3 people that know what they are doing on most modes you aren't winning (assuming the other team as at least 3-4 that know what they are doing).

Now you have people in both games who are strictly focused on K/D, but I think the true players in either game are more satisfied with a W/L ratio that is good. I know I personally am, and I would say most the people that I play with are. Personally when it comes to either game, I am fine with having someone who is absolutely garbage on my team as long as they are talking and telling everyone where the enemy is or where they were shot from.

[quote name='mvp828']While agree with you about the games being completely different and not meant to be compared (something I have said all along), to say that CoD is strictly individual is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Yea it is individual in FFA. Go play a game of TDM or any objective mode and try to tell me that one person can win a game for a team, because that is absolute bullshit.[/QUOTE]
That's not, from personal experience, bullshit at all. Maybe we've had different experiences, but I have played way too many games where I or someone else has carried a team through to victory in COD. While that can happen in Battlefield, it's rarer. Likewise, it seems like you're either misunderstanding or misrepresenting what I'm saying about individuality in COD. COD has no structure in place to directly help your teammates except through excelling personally. Want to give your teammate ammo? You have to use a killstreak you earn through playing well yourself. Does that make sense? Killstreaks and other mechanics like that reward you for doing well, but there's no real reward for helping your team except increasing the chance of winning.

I'm having trouble articulating my thoughts, so I'm sure it's not as clear I want it to be. But I think saying it's the dumbest thing you've ever heard is kind of insulting when I'm speaking from personal experience, and I can't speak to experiences I haven't had with COD (i.e. real teamwork.)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']That's not, from personal experience, bullshit at all. Maybe we've had different experiences, but I have played way too many games where I or someone else has carried a team through to victory in COD. While that can happen in Battlefield, it's rarer. Likewise, it seems like you're either misunderstanding or misrepresenting what I'm saying about individuality in COD. COD has no structure in place to directly help your teammates except through excelling personally. Want to give your teammate ammo? You have to use a killstreak you earn through playing well yourself. Does that make sense? Killstreaks and other mechanics like that reward you for doing well, but there's no real reward for helping your team except increasing the chance of winning.

I'm having trouble articulating my thoughts, so I'm sure it's not as clear I want it to be. But I think saying it's the dumbest thing you've ever heard is kind of insulting when I'm speaking from personal experience, and I can't speak to experiences I haven't had with COD (i.e. real teamwork.)[/QUOTE]

Understandable, but that all goes back to your first point in the one I quoted about how the games are two different things. As for not having teamwork, it is hit or miss in both games unless you are playing with people you know. I have had matches in BF3 and CoD where you get awesome random teammates, unfortunately those types of matches are few and far between.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']See, what you're listing at the end isn't something that makes COD objectively better, it just makes it different. Using a lack of killstreaks against BF3 would be comparable to docking COD for a lack of vehicles, and that would be just as myopic. You can be MVP with a shit K/D spread because you armed objectives, healed teammates, repaired vehicles, etc.

As for not enough gunfights, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'm in firefights constantly. Are you playing in a squad, or by yourself? If it's by yourself, then no wonder. The game's designed for you to be in a squad so you can spawn off of them and stay in the action.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it was better. I said those were the reasons why it's more popular.

K/D is also more important than anything else you listed. I don't care if five guys went 2-10 and healed teammates, that doesn't win the game if you're constantly draining the team's tickets. I'd much rather have five guys who went 10-2 and didn't supply ammo or whatever else.

When I say not enough gunfights, I mean unless you're playing Metro or Seine Crossing, you can literally not see an enemy for minutes at a time. Regardless of whether or not you're spawning on squadmates. It's something that would never happen in COD. You're always less than five seconds away from the action in COD. It's especially annoying in BF now, since you can't go into the enemy's spawn anymore. People can sit back and snipe or shoot mortars or whatever all game long.

[quote name='Trakan']K/D is also more important than anything else you listed. I don't care if five guys went 2-10 and healed teammates, that doesn't win the game if you're constantly draining the team's tickets. I'd much rather have five guys who went 10-2 and didn't supply ammo or whatever else.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough to your other points; I'll concede those. But this one I really can't agree on. My KD ratio is about 1, and it's often I go about 6-10 or 7-5 or so for an entire match. Does that mean you don't want me on your team? What If I said that same match I armed 4 MCOM stations? Because that, for me, is often the case. I seem to average about 2-4 MCOMs a game as an attacker, more if I get a team that watches my back when I go in. But my K/D isn't that good, and I'm draining tickets each time I die. So where does that make me fall for you? (I realize the questions may sound more dickish than intended, so don't take them that way, please. I mean them earnestly.)

I just honestly think K/D isn't the end all, be all of this game. It's important, sure. But it's not the most important thing.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I just honestly think K/D isn't the end all, be all of this game. It's important, sure. But it's not the most important thing.[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree. What is the point of a team game where you do well but lose the game. I think that in BF 3 teamwork is paramount. In BF 3 everyone plays a role(or at least they should, the thing is who decieds who the coach is?). In COD not so much. I've played TDM in COD where one guy was the whole team. Now, granted in BF 3 I have not played too much TDM.

But, the bad thing about BF 3 needing teamwork to win/be successful is that it doesn't really exist when playing with randoms.

I think the general online player is very self centered when it come to team play.
It's also the game/s fault it's built into these games, individual skins, perks, weapons, attachments, etc..

I have a blast playing with friends and it's always nice when a random player(rare unicorn) plays with teamwork in mind.

I think COD is more built with single players in mind, true team/squad plays second fiddle and Battlefield forces teamwork to the forefront with squads, SOFLAM, vehicles etc..

In the end the only thing that will make me pick up COD again to play regularly is if the Battlefield teamwork aspect never truly catches on with other players.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Fair enough to your other points; I'll concede those. But this one I really can't agree on. My KD ratio is about 1, and it's often I go about 6-10 or 7-5 or so for an entire match. Does that mean you don't want me on your team? What If I said that same match I armed 4 MCOM stations? Because that, for me, is often the case. I seem to average about 2-4 MCOMs a game as an attacker, more if I get a team that watches my back when I go in. But my K/D isn't that good, and I'm draining tickets each time I die. So where does that make me fall for you? (I realize the questions may sound more dickish than intended, so don't take them that way, please. I mean them earnestly.)

I just honestly think K/D isn't the end all, be all of this game. It's important, sure. But it's not the most important thing.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It's not the end all, be all of this game. If you go 1:1 and cap flags, that's fine with me. But if you're going 2-10 then that's a different story. I think K/D is one of the most important things in the game. I strictly play conquest, and have lost my fair share of games to retards who do nothing but die over and over. Winning gunfights is crucial.

Also, COD being very friendly towards being able to play it by yourself is another reason why it's winning. People can just hop on and dominate a game completely by themselves. One person can do that in Battlefield, but it's a lot harder.

I'm looking for CAG's to squad up with, feel free to add me as a friend. Also I'm going to be trying to put out friend request to random CAG's through out the weekend.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Free drpepper.com code

QVS9LEDJXPGK[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dr.Zoidberg, but someone already used it. Guys, please post when y'all use it.

Since I rarely buy/drink cola, I would really appreciate it if someone can PM me an unwanted code :)

I'll throw my 2 cents into the blender :D

Today in a full RUSH match I captured the first 4 MCOM stations all by myself playing as Assault class without a single team/squad-mate joining me or spawning on me. I only died before getting MCOM #5 because a jack-ass team-mate collapsed a building on me.

So, 1) BF3 matches can possibly be won by a single person per se 2) At least in COD jackass team-mates can't team-kill me (I don't play Hardcore)

Can we stop the BF3 vs COD talk now?

Ran into something interesting last night. There was a player that was about 5-12 K/D or somewhere around there. I was with a full squad on Siene Crossing in the building overlooking the D flag. He runs up to D and begins capping. Three of us (a sniper, a support, and a medic/assault) have him locked in and are unloading. Blood is going everywhere off his player but the dude is not dieing.

After about 10 secs of this everyone realizes that he's not going to die... He then realizes it and comes up and knifes everyone. So he started out about 5-12 and ended like 39-12. I messaged him after the game and he said that he had no idea how it happened. IDK whether to believe him or not but lets hope that he was telling the truth.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Vehicle Disabled is a different state than Vehicle Destroyed. Vehicles slowly regenerate health, but once they're Disabled (i.e. take a certain percentage of damage), that stops and they're more vulnerable. It's likely there was an Engineer aboard the Helicopter that was repairing it as they flew. I do that with my teammates often.

Also, my knife is pretty well cemented as my 2nd most used weapon. So satisfying to flank enemies and go knife-happy.[/QUOTE]

I know the difference between the two, my point is that it's bullshit a tank shell doesn't immediately destroy a chopper when just today I shot a little bird out of the air with the SMAW and instantly got vehicle destroy and a triple kill. It may or may not have taken damage prior but it wasn't smoking at all. A tank shell would obliterate an aircraft if it connected and it's lame that it doesn't destroy the vehicle when it does connect because it's not as easy as it sounds.

But if I shoot it with a tank I get vehicle disable and no kills.

I shot 2 different choppers with the abrams in the same game and the same results.

I must have missed it somewhere but is there somewhere in the game or battlelog that will give you info about the weapons, like mobility, fire rate, etc? Just kinda a quick spot to compare say the M4A1 and M416. Thx.

[quote name='htown01']Thanks Dr.Zoidberg, but someone already used it. Guys, please post when y'all use it.

Since I rarely buy/drink cola, I would really appreciate it if someone can PM me an unwanted code :)[/QUOTE]

PM sent

Is there a glitch in the last coop mission. 3 times me and the other player get stuck and not able to advance to the next area.

I keep getting stuck on the last co-op mission right at the end where
you break into the door and the guy grabs your friend... just can't seem to kill him and having no freaking checkpoints makes it so much more annoying

[quote name='thamaster24']Ran into something interesting last night. There was a player that was about 5-12 K/D or somewhere around there. I was with a full squad on Siene Crossing in the building overlooking the D flag. He runs up to D and begins capping. Three of us (a sniper, a support, and a medic/assault) have him locked in and are unloading. Blood is going everywhere off his player but the dude is not dieing.

After about 10 secs of this everyone realizes that he's not going to die... He then realizes it and comes up and knifes everyone. So he started out about 5-12 and ended like 39-12. I messaged him after the game and he said that he had no idea how it happened. IDK whether to believe him or not but lets hope that he was telling the truth.[/QUOTE]

It's a known glitch. Use explosives or knife him.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I keep getting stuck on the last co-op mission right at the end where
you break into the door and the guy grabs your friend... just can't seem to kill him and having no freaking checkpoints makes it so much more annoying
[/QUOTE]
Got it finally on hard. Don't know if diffculty has any affect.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']http://www.vgchartz.com/monthly.php?reg=World&month=11&year=2010

Now I'm not surprised BF3 sold more on Xbox than ps3 but those pc numbers look too low.[/QUOTE]
Well, your problem is the site you're going to. VG Chartz is notorious for nonexistent standards for sampling or statistical analysis. Do not trust their numbers.

[quote name='Trakan']You're right. It's not the end all, be all of this game. If you go 1:1 and cap flags, that's fine with me. But if you're going 2-10 then that's a different story. I think K/D is one of the most important things in the game. I strictly play conquest, and have lost my fair share of games to retards who do nothing but die over and over. Winning gunfights is crucial.

Also, COD being very friendly towards being able to play it by yourself is another reason why it's winning. People can just hop on and dominate a game completely by themselves. One person can do that in Battlefield, but it's a lot harder.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I see where you're coming from. We may differ on the exact importance, but we agree it's an important part of performing well in a team. To be honest, I haven't played much Conquest because it doesn't really suit my strengths, as I'm best at zipping through and behind enemies, but not at holding a position for extended periods of time. That works well for Rush, but not for Conquest.

[quote name='hustletron']I know the difference between the two, my point is that it's bullshit a tank shell doesn't immediately destroy a chopper [...] A tank shell would obliterate an aircraft if it connected and it's lame that it doesn't destroy the vehicle when it does connect because it's not as easy as it sounds.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I misunderstood. Yeah, that's not very good, I agree. I understand they probably want people to have a chance to recover, but it's not ideal for the attacker to have to somehow get off two shots. One can be hard enough on a fast moving target.

I guess I was also under the assumption that once you got vehicle disable, that vehicle couldn't be repaired anymore but obviously that isn't true because I've got disable on the same vehicle multiple times. Super aggravating!!!

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Well, your problem is the site you're going to. VG Chartz is notorious for nonexistent standards for sampling or statistical analysis. Do not trust their numbers.
[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of the site, someone sent me the link. Is there a good place out there that shows the proper data?

[quote name='hustletron']God they need to fix this fucking game.

I shot a low flying jet with the Abrams in the same game, no hit marker, nothing.[/QUOTE]

I can understand a Jeep taking a tank shell and just getting disabled, so that you're not just completely fucked if you happen to run into one. For helicopters/jets, if they're flying that low, they deserve to die if they get hit by a tank shell.

At least the helicopters are way worse than they were in BC2.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I have never heard of the site, someone sent me the link. Is there a good place out there that shows the proper data?[/QUOTE]
NPD is the gold standard, but they've stopped releasing numbers, unfortunately. They only release the ranked sales data publicly, AFAIK. It's a shame, as people therefore default to Chartz, when Chartz is known for more or less guessing their numbers.

I had a great time playing with a bunch of CAGs last night, shout outs to Joe, Ackbar, Flesh, Hitman and the others.

Still haven't gotten around to any single player or co-op yet. Been having too much fun with mp. Finally got around to playing some rush though. It's good next to conquest, but I still fear the first time I play TDM.

[quote name='Trakan']I can understand a Jeep taking a tank shell and just getting disabled, so that you're not just completely fucked if you happen to run into one. For helicopters/jets, if they're flying that low, they deserve to die if they get hit by a tank shell.

At least the helicopters are way worse than they were in BC2.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about a jeep taking a tank shell and not blowing up......I mean they take rockets and don't blow up either. I understand they have to balance "realism" with the fact that it's a game, but I find it ridiculous.

I've been killed by "disabled" vehicles ghost ridden into me after I shoot them with a single rocket and the driver bails. For some reason the disabled speed isn't any slower than normal speed after the driver bails and strafing is done at a walking speed. I'm clearly used to the Bad Company 2 standards which I liked a lot more.

Wow, I cant believe that I am flipping this hard, I used to be a conquest only guy, played a couple rounds today and its an even bigger cluster fuck of snipers non teammate action and overall faffing about.

Rush all the way.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, I cant believe that I am flipping this hard, I used to be a conquest only guy, played a couple rounds today and its an even bigger cluster fuck of snipers non teammate action and overall faffing about.

Rush all the way.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah geeze don't get me started. Playing Conquest last night, no one gives out ammo, no one gives out health, snipers sitting at the CQ flag closest to our deployment.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, I cant believe that I am flipping this hard, I used to be a conquest only guy, played a couple rounds today and its an even bigger cluster fuck of snipers non teammate action and overall faffing about.

I haven't seen that. Though, I usually only play Seine Crossing on Conquest, then back out and find another Seine game, as most of the maps are HORRIBLE on Conquest. Mostly because of the 12v12 limit, and the maps being too sparse.

Seine is a lot of fun.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I had a great time playing with a bunch of CAGs last night, shout outs to Joe, Ackbar, Flesh, Hitman and the others.[/QUOTE]

I must have got on shortly after you left...

Geeze the camping in this game is just at outrageous levels for such a wide open game. Getting camped by kids in places no where near any objective or places en route to the objective on Conquest. Also love getting shot in the back from ridiculous ranges by the 870 express by kids playing medic.

And is there something going on with the goddamn jeeps I'm missing? I strap 3 C4 onto the growler and run it into a tank and detonate and the tank goes boom.

I strap 3 C4 onto another jeep, run it into an enemy growler with 2 enemies in it and I get a vehicle disable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='saunderscowie']I keep getting stuck on the last co-op mission right at the end where
[/QUOTE]I had a very interesting glitch at that part with my friend.
After we breached the door, my rifle had vanished into thin air. On my screen there was no one in the room at all except for the two of us. My friend then turns around and it looks like his character starts choking himself in front of me. At this point I had no idea what the hell was going on. My friend starts shouting, "Oh shit, shoot him dude." I'm like, "What the fuck are you doing? There's no one here. I don't even have a weapon equipped." Then we both hear over the Tac-Com, "Good work men," or something to that effect and the screen takes us back to the menu. We both got the achievement, but I had no idea someone takes your partner hostage.

[quote name='hustletron']I guess I was also under the assumption that once you got vehicle disable, that vehicle couldn't be repaired anymore but obviously that isn't true because I've got disable on the same vehicle multiple times. Super aggravating!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, disabled vehicles can be repaired. They just don't repair themselves, anymore.

I've also been a Conquest-only guy for years and, while I think that this game hasn't quite met the awesome teamwork standard of BC2, I haven't gotten too frustrated with it overall. I totally agree with the lack of ammo and health/revives, though. I'm usually the only one running around actually dispensing health/ammo and reviving everyone. I probably get revived myself less than once per round. I'm also just about guaranteed points when I toss a health kit or ammo at someone because no one has given them one yet. Maybe they should put an icon on the screen showing that you actually have a defibrillator if you press right or flash text across the screen suggesting that you revive a fallen teammate. Maybe people need to be reminded that they can do more than run and gun.

Is it just mostly new players not familiar with how Battlefield works or do the maps just not lend themselves to Conquest teamwork? I really don't usually like Rush but I'll have to give it a try tonight. I need to still get my 7 sniper kills for the kit ribbon achievement and Rush on defense is probably one of the only places I'll play as recon. Tehran Highway, Metro (sort of, if you can stand the awful bottleneck at B), and Seine Crossing aren't too sparse for Conquest, either.

Alright, this is most likely due to me coming down with a cold so I am more sensitive than usually but seriously DOES EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME HAVE TO BE fuckING BLINDING!

Bloom, bloom and more bloom.

Flashlights, the sun, laser sights, end of the match fade outs....I fill sorry for people who have light sensitivity in the first place. I couldnt stomach playing more than 2 rounds today with my head feeling like it was about to break apart.

They need to fix the request chatter when you press the back/select button.

You can be standing right next to someone asking for ammo, health, ride, etc. and it does nothing.
When you finally do say something, they can't hear you and there is no flashing icon on the map like in BC2.

Of course, it's possible to constantly spam "enemy __ spotted" non stop until someone comes over and slashes your throat.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
Bloom, bloom and more bloom.
[/QUOTE]

Games so pretty, they don't want you to look at it.
:lol:

bread's done
Back