Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']So looking forward to this. Cannot even begin to imagine how many hours I am going to sink into the MP.[/QUOTE]

i agree, this games gonna be saweeett

[quote name='VipFREAK']Kinda funny since this has been my stance (for FPS and Racing) games for a while and usually I get tagged as Trolling... I'm wondering watch changed all of a sudden. : puts on flame suit just in case :[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about your Battlefield 1943 mishap.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']I can't be the only one who also wants a score to come with this game. I keep replaying the 4 second ending on the battlefield 3 logo for all these trailers.

I think the graphics in this trailer were the best by far, the detail on the street while they're on the bridge is great.

I want to see the new Abrams I'll be driving in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

The BF scores are always good.

BF3 release date spotted on France's EA Download Manager page (link). Amazon has been using a default date of Dec.31st plus release year for games with no official release dates; this is more specific.

I don't think its random. I hope they are not planning to beat the next CoD title to market. What do y'all think?

[quote name='htown01']BF3 release date spotted on France's EA Download Manager page (link). Amazon has been using a default date of Dec.31st plus release year for games with no official release dates; this is more specific.

I don't think its random. I hope they are not planning to beat the next CoD title to market. What do y'all think?[/QUOTE]

I think it is all random i.e. placeholder to take preorders. I think we don't receive a true date until somewhere in the public beta test.

:lol:

I forgot about the beta :dunce: I searched for the info and it says "eta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release."

I hope they have some info on April 17th when they show the full 12 minute reveal.

No kidding. It didn't work for NFS and its not looking promising here either. My friend said it was at ~620,000 as of this morning. I don't have a facebook either so no clue on exact numbers.

[quote name='slickkill77']No kidding. It didn't work for NFS and its not looking promising here either. My friend said it was at ~620,000 as of this morning. I don't have a facebook either so no clue on exact numbers.[/QUOTE]

It's at 734,622 as of this posting.

Battlefield 3 is going to E3 :D It was posted a couple of days ago on their blog (link).

BF3 goes to E3!

E3_5F00_2011_5F00_Logo.jpg
E3 2011 in Los Angeles is only a few days away and there is a lot of excitement in the air. We are thrilled to be at the expo to show you Battlefield 3! We are currently putting the final touches on our demo - testing, tweaking, and in general, creating a game that’s looking amazing. I’m very happy and proud of what our DICE team has accomplished and what we’ll be unveiling to the world at E3.

Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further – we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.

So what can you expect from the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 features some of the biggest and most spectacular maps that we have built. At the same time, we are also able to create more intense close-quarter combat than ever before. The multiplayer map, “Operation Métro,” available for press to play on the show floor, combines both sides of the scale into one cohesive experience. Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion. All things combined, big and small, add up to the best Battlefield game we have ever created!

KM.png
Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game’s extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!

Karl Magnus Troedsson
General Manager, DICE

anyone know if you can buy the beta code from a local retailer (ie GameStop)? just curious cause I want in and I guess would drop $30 for Medal of Honor if I have too.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Just to let you know it has to be a limited edition and those only came out when the game did.[/QUOTE]

There are still some LEs floating around on store shelves. Check your local Walmart, Best Buy or K-Mart. I know I've seen several LEs on hand at quite a few Best Buys I've visited, as well as Walmarts.

[quote name='HydroX']There are still some LEs floating around on store shelves. Check your local Walmart, Best Buy or K-Mart. I know I've seen several LEs on hand at quite a few Best Buys I've visited, as well as Walmarts.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that is very YMMV, but I got mine off Ebay a while back sealed for 25 bucks.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/06/battlefield-3-declares-war-october-25-beta-in-september/

Out the 25th of October and beta in September.

Yeah that CQ combat map Metro looked pretty hectic :) I want to see more.

Speaking of seeing more, they are streaming live from E3 on Ustream (link) right now.

Has there been anything said on the number of people you can play with in multiplayer? I hope it isn't squad based like BC2. I know that I'll be playing with more than 3 other people. You could enter Modern Combat with a bigger party, right?

If I'm not mistaken, you could definitely play Modern Combat with more than 4 people. Think it might've been around 6. Loved that game...

The knife animation in the metro looked awesome, but if that happens every single time it seems like it could get a little old. Regardless, I'm very, very excited for this. Played every Battlefield game to date so far.

Goddamn it.

I just read on Neogaf that it's 4 man squads like in BC2. You can spawn on the squad leader. So lame.

[quote name='Trakan']Goddamn it.

I just read on Neogaf that it's 4 man squads like in BC2. You can spawn on the squad leader. So lame.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of their thing now isn't it ?

I like it for the most part, although sometimes I'd love to scream "Why the fuck is no one protecting the objective???" at the entire team instead of just my squad.

At least with the squads you can contribute without needing a mic.

[quote name='Trakan']Has there been anything said on the number of people you can play with in multiplayer? I hope it isn't squad based like BC2. I know that I'll be playing with more than 3 other people. You could enter Modern Combat with a bigger party, right?[/QUOTE]

MC was 12 man teams, no squads.

Who have you seen playing the beta? No one has been able to play the game except for the people at E3. The beta doesn't start until Sept and it sounds like Dice isn't giving MOH people early access or anything but that could still change.

[quote name='slickkill77']Seems like the beta is open. That's what everyone keeps reporting. Hopefully people that bought that shit MOH game get in early.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I saw anyone, I was asking based on what you said.

Oh sorry. I meant it seems as though the beta will be an open beta (meaning anyone can download it and play) when it is released. Meaning those of us that bought MOH expecting that to be our way into the beta may have wasted our money.

[quote name='slickkill77']Oh sorry. I meant it seems as though the beta will be an open beta (meaning anyone can download it and play) when it is released. Meaning those of us that bought MOH expecting that to be our way into the beta may have wasted our money.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, I guess that would make sense since EA is usually in the business of dicking their customers.

I'm not one to throw random shit out there like this, but I heard a "rumor" today that if you preorder at Gamestop you'll get a beta invite code as we get closer to September. Take that with a grain of salt right now.

However, I do see that you get "Unique Rewards, Achievements/trophies, and More" for preordering the LE at Gamestop. Not sure if that's a universal LE thing or not.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Yay for more awkward moments when 5 of us want to play and we have to decide who gets the shaft.[/QUOTE]

Why not go in with 2 squads, one with 3 people, one with 2 people?

[quote name='HydroX']I'm not one to throw random shit out there like this, but I heard a "rumor" today that if you preorder at Gamestop you'll get a beta invite code as we get closer to September. Take that with a grain of salt right now.

However, I do see that you get "Unique Rewards, Achievements/trophies, and More" for preordering the LE at Gamestop. Not sure if that's a universal LE thing or not.[/QUOTE]

Part of the Back to Karkand pack.

[quote name='Amazon']Pre-Order Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition and get the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack for free.
The expansion includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.
Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's the same deal as the LE/UE of BFBC2 = SpecAct guns/pins, 1943 guns, vehicle upgrades, etc.

[quote name='moojuice']I remember when we had 2 squads of 4 rolling on the same server/team...so unfair for the other team.[/QUOTE]

That's the way to do it, so much fun playing it that way.

Traded in some games to ol' Gamestop today since they were having a trade-in value boost, and paid off BF3 completely. I'm psyched.

Really sick of some employees there harrassing me about pre-orders, though. I just completely paid off a game and pre-ordered MW3 as well for you, and you go on a rant about SIX other games that I should pre-order? Really? And then I get a look from the guy like I'm a moron for not wanting to pay for em. Bleh.

Anyways, at least that's done.

The Physical Warfare Pack will be available "at select retailers" (likely GameStop, as it's available via GS UK for now, US likely to follow) with pre-orders of Battlefield 3 LE.

The Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack is now available for pre-order exclusively at Gamestop. (UK)

Players can storm the battlefield armed with powerful weapons and items only available in the Physical Warfare Pack including the Type 88 light machine gun with bipod for superior firepower and total zone control, the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor that provides increased stealth abilities for Recon soldiers, and the lethal armour-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun that is sure to tear through anything in its path. Also included is day one access to the highly versatile DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun itself.

TYPE 88 LIGHT MACHINE GUN
Exclusive weapon
The Type 88 is a gas-powered, air-cooled light machine gun that comes equipped with a bipod for maximum stability. Setting the bipod up on a suitable surface gives a major boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. With the Type 88, you will completely deny the enemy entry to your area of control.

DAO-12 SHOTGUN
Day 1 unlock
It isn’t hard to see why the powerful DAO-12 was a big fan favorite in Battlefield 2. Being a highly versatile semi-automatic 12-gauge shotgun, the DAO-12 can carry 4 types of ammo in a high capacity 12-round magazine. For close encounters, you wouldn’t want to carry any other weapon, and with the Physical Warfare Pack, you unlock it from day 1 in Battlefield 3.

Flechette ammo for the DAO-12 shotgun
This exclusive armor-piercing ammo makes your DAO-12 shotgun pack an added punch. Each flechette cartridge holds a number of 1-inch tungsten arrows that willtear through any material, be it metal, wood, or enemies. If you turn a corner and meet three soldiers from the opposing force, these are the rounds you want loaded in your DAO-12.

FLASH SUPPRESSOR FOR SKS SNIPER RIFLE
Exclusive weapon mod
This exclusive item is the only sniper rifle flash suppressor in the game. Attaching it to the fast-firing and high capacity SKS rifle turns you into a highly agile and versatile Recon member. For the true team-play Recon who wants to contribute at the front while staying stealthy, this weapon mod is an essential upgrade.

I read up on the Pack and in reality its all stupid shit.

I read some convo with I think a Dev and some people on Twitter about the Armor piercing rounds and Armor, he goes on to say that there's no armor and there's no magnum, then they ask the obvious question, then why is there armor piercing ammunition?

They are claiming it's because it can penetrate further and/or more than one soldier but at the cost of reduced damage.

So what's the point? You can hit more people at once and do less damage or hit 1 person with normal damage.

I feel like they didn't put much thought into this shit and it's obviously just to drive presales.

Yeah it sounds like a bunch of wank, they only way I'll be getting it day 1 is if Amazon have a good credit deal.

Lulz at the suckers who still pre-order at GS.

[quote name='HydroX']The Physical Warfare Pack will be available "at select retailers" (likely GameStop, as it's available via GS UK for now, US likely to follow) with pre-orders of Battlefield 3 LE.[/QUOTE]

Today the Battlefield Blog posted an FAQ on this Physical Warfare Pack (link to blogpost)

[quote name='hustletron']I feel like they didn't put much thought into this shit and it's obviously just to drive presales.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah it sounds like a bunch of wank, they only way I'll be getting it day 1 is if Amazon have a good credit deal.

Lulz at the suckers who still pre-order at GS.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'm one of those suckers who pre-ordered at GS out of excitement :oops: That and because the girl at GS was nice enough to allow me to take some penny guides without any issues. I'm going to keep my pre-order but cancel my Mass Effect 3 L.E. at the other GS I go to. Question: will it negatively affect that individual who you pre-ordered a game with?

EDIT: Is anyone else having issues loading CAG with Firefox 3.x?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back