Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='slickkill77']http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165281

Complete fact sheet...
4 jets
9 maps (Not sure if this includes the map pack)[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's an amazing loadout of weapons, weapon accessories, specializations, etc. Most of them I've seen in Bad Company 2 but there are some new additions: ASVAL (AR), G36C (Carbine), Pecheneg (Machine gun), M98B (SR) and IMO a couple of great additions to the rocket and grenade launcher categories, a Javelin and an FIM-92 Stinger :D

Sweet.

Hi, where do you guys pre order the game?
A friend told me that Bestbuy has better addons for pre order. I usually order over Amazon, but i am not sure.
I don't care much about skins, but if weapons are in it, maybe that would be worth to think about.

So where do you pre-order?

Amazon recently started doing some Dogtag skin preorder bonus along with the Back to Karkand "expansion" for preordering, I guess you get different types of dogtags to use when you knife someone/get knifed. Other places I've seen are doing the lame weapon pack preorder bonus, but it's all stuff you eventually unlock last I heard.

Those are the only 2 preorder bonuses I've seen to date.

Would be nice if the EOD bot could pick up and carry enemy or ally explosives.

Hide in the bushes with a mine and drop it under enemy vehicles, or return a claymore to the Sniper that dropped it.

Wow. Both the massive list of attachments, and the inclusion of bipods for LMGs makes this insta-buy.

I also remember seeing footage of people using the laser sight, and it actually potentially blinds whoever you point it at. AWESOME!

Lastly, the knife takedowns feel badass. Hopefull 200% better and more accurate than BC2's knifing. Infinitely better than CoD's.

[quote name='Rhett']Wow. Both the massive list of attachments, and the inclusion of bipods for LMGs makes this insta-buy.

I also remember seeing footage of people using the laser sight, and it actually potentially blinds whoever you point it at. AWESOME!

Lastly, the knife takedowns feel badass. Hopefull 200% better and more accurate than BC2's knifing. Infinitely better than CoD's.[/QUOTE]

hopefully the scenic kill is optional....i could see you getting killed during the 5 second knife movie quite often

Not sure if you guys aware of this info, but I read up on it on gamespot forums. Is it legit? Idk lol.

But PC get 32 players and consoles 24 which we all know. However the PC gets an additional game mode which is conquestt with 64 players. Apart from that, rush and other conquest maps will support 32 players max.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Not sure if you guys aware of this info, but I read up on it on gamespot forums. Is it legit? Idk lol.

But PC get 32 players and consoles 24 which we all know. However the PC gets an additional game mode which is conquestt with 64 players. Apart from that, rush and other conquest maps will support 32 players max.[/QUOTE]

wtf :wall: :newbie:

PC gets 64(32v32), consoles 24(12v12)....its always been that way

I may have to actually break down and preorder this one. I bought both Bad Companies but when they had dropped to $20-$30. BF3 reminds me of the days of playing BF2 on the pc and that was a hella of a great game. I'm not a huge fan of everyone just jumping in vehicles the entire round and BF2 had it to where you play no veh's and that was a nice change of pace every now and then. Have to get my games over to BB for that super deal on trade ins.

[quote name='yahoosale14']wtf :wall: :newbie:

PC gets 64(32v32), consoles 24(12v12)....its always been that way[/QUOTE]

was that directed at me because i didnt make that statement lol? im actually a vet of 1942 since release day so :roll:... definitely not a newbie of battlefield lol

and bad company 2 is the only game that was released on multiple platforms and it supported 32 players max not 64 on the PC

heres the link to the thread btw

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/battlefield-3/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-60070028&pid=621026&tag=topics%3Btitle

EDIT: perhaps old

THE GAME MODES
• Conquest
• Conquest 64 (PC only)
• Rush
• Team Deathmatch
• Squad Deathmatch
• Squad Rush

so i guess 64 player is just an exclusive game mode, and the rest are just 32 player modes? i can live with that especially since i prefer rush on the consoles

-_- thats not where i was getting at. i thought that ALL game modes on the PC version would support 64 players.

if you knew about that before well more power to you. i didnt lol

oh well *shrugs*

So I picked up MOH for $12 from Wally World so I could beat the sp and trade it into BB for the 40% bonus on a preorder and I have to admit that playing it reminds me of the BF3 videos. Are they using the same Frostbite engine for both?

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']So I picked up MOH for $12 from Wally World so I could beat the sp and trade it into BB for the 40% bonus on a preorder and I have to admit that playing it reminds me of the BF3 videos. Are they using the same Frostbite engine for both?[/QUOTE]
The single player was running on Unreal, looked brilliant and played brilliantly.
The multiplayer was on the older version of FrostBite (same as BC2) and looked awful and played abysmally :/

[quote name='slickkill77']We've known that the PC could have 64 players since e3 or even before that. Consoles only have 24. That's nothing new[/QUOTE]

i assume you are talking to this guy?

[quote name='yahoosale14']TDM is 24 players max(12v12) on all platforms....not sure if this is news compared to past bf games[/QUOTE]

if so it is new 'news' i believe. pc can have up to 64 players, consoles can have up to 32(?) players. however the tdm mode will be capped at 24 players on all platforms, including pc. atleast that is what i read.

For preorders...I've seen Best Buy and Amazon both have the Back to Karkland BF2 maps & weapons. Amazon has the "Dog Tag Pack" while Best Buy has SPECACT skins. Does anyone know exactly what the Dog Tag pack is? Is it really just something the player sees when they knife you?

I usually order from Amazon but if that's the case I'll probably do Best Buy this time and find some games to trade in.

[quote name='KaneRobot']For preorders...I've seen Best Buy and Amazon both have the Back to Karkland BF2 maps & weapons. Amazon has the "Dog Tag Pack" while Best Buy has SPECACT skins. Does anyone know exactly what the Dog Tag pack is? Is it really just something the player sees when they knife you?

I usually order from Amazon but if that's the case I'll probably do Best Buy this time and find some games to trade in.[/QUOTE]

All copies of the "Limited Edition" have the Back To Karkand expansion pack.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/pre-order-offers

so it's a reward for other people? Curious. Too bad you can't import a Jeff Goldblum is watching you poop kind of graphic for your tag.

So rumour is that the maps will be larger than Bad Company 2. Fair Enough, but Heavy Metal seems to be a pretty darn big map and I get bored because there isn't enough going on. Nelson Bay seems to be my favourite map these days just because it's nice and hectic (big points for a medic!) and apparently that will not be the norm?
I'm not so sure I like that.

[quote name='popemogoth']Who said the BF3 beta starts Sept. 6th for Medal of Honor LE people and the open beta is to follow 48 hours later?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has mentioned a specific date. All we know at the moment is that the beta will be available this month.

I'm a bit new to Battlefield on the 360. I picked up Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to get warmed up. I'm a bit disappointed though, because I can never find a good squad to group with.

With that in mind, if you are playing BC2 right now, I'd love an add. Gamertag: BeFlatLine

Also, if you plan on squad-ing it up in BF3, feel free to add. I'd love to meet some CAGs in game, as it was very fun for other events in the past :)

[quote name='Fearia']I'm a bit new to Battlefield on the 360. I picked up Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to get warmed up. I'm a bit disappointed though, because I can never find a good squad to group with.

With that in mind, if you are playing BC2 right now, I'd love an add. Gamertag: BeFlatLine

Also, if you plan on squad-ing it up in BF3, feel free to add. I'd love to meet some CAGs in game, as it was very fun for other events in the past :)[/QUOTE]

BC2 is a great game I have it both for the PC and 360. My brother introduced it to me back when I was playing MW2. I hated it at first but came to love it. It is going to be a bit tough finding full games or squads a lot of the BC2 community has died off or switched to something else. It seems as though only the die hard fans are left. Last night was the first time in a long time that I have played some BC2 and it was so fun! I just can't wait for the BF3 beta sometime this month.

I setup a thread so if anyone wishes to squad up, they can add their name to the list. I figure it's a good way to warmup for BF3. Personally, I love BF:BC2 but I hate sucking at it due to shitty squads. Either no one has a mic and runs off by themselves, or it's a 12 year old kid spouting crap. Hoping to get a bit farther in and meet some quality players.

Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302957

[quote name='htown01']I don't think anyone has mentioned a specific date. All we know at the moment is that the beta will be available this month.[/QUOTE]

LOL its september and they havent announced the start date yet?

i'd guess at this point it'll start around the 10th

[quote name='yahoosale14']LOL its september and they havent announced the start date yet?

i'd guess at this point it'll start around the 10th[/QUOTE]

I am hoping soon! I didn't spend $12.99 on MOH Limited Edition for nothing. Even if it only gets me in 48 hours ahead of time. (supposedly)

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']http://www.gamersspot.com/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=97360

lame if true.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I googled "battlefield 3 on 2 discs?" and it's on a lot of places already. 2 discs or not, my choice will be on :360:, I can't stand the :ps3: control. I played Black Ops on the :ps3: and it made my wrists hurt after playing for 1 hour, something that doesn't occur to me while playing on the :360:.

Ah well :shrugs: I hope MS moves to a better storage solution. I don't think MS will move to blu-ray since they will have to license out the format thus giving money to their competitor. They can't stick with DVD for the next generation, what will they do? Bring back HD-DVD? :lol:

Breaking it up into two DVDs for single/multi sound good to me.

I know it won't look as good as the PC version, but hopefully that means they didn't want to water things down too much and went with the double D's.

If this is true, I imagine that the multiplayer DVD can be installed to the hdd. To play it you simply need to have the Battlefield 3 campaign DVD in the Xbox 360. It worked the same way with Halo 3 and the multiplayer DVD.

[quote name='Zyzomys']If this is true, I imagine that the multiplayer DVD can be installed to the hdd. To play it you simply need to have the Battlefield 3 campaign DVD in the Xbox 360. It worked the same way with Halo 3 and the multiplayer DVD.[/QUOTE]

LOL. no it didn't. the multiplayer disc has to be in the xbox to play multiplayer.

whats the maximum capacity for the CDs? Hd-dvds? blu-ray?

[quote name='Zyzomys']If this is true, I imagine that the multiplayer DVD can be installed to the hdd. To play it you simply need to have the Battlefield 3 campaign DVD in the Xbox 360. It worked the same way with Halo 3 and the multiplayer DVD.[/QUOTE]

Where you getting your info from, bra?

[quote name='lordopus99']I don't see the big deal. Obviously, they wont make you disc swap for mulitplayer.[/QUOTE]

....theres no other logical way to do it. odst was the only game i've played on two disc. one was campaign, one was multiplayer.

Dead Space 2 was 2 discs and people didn't know till review copies were sent out. Actually good news for me, I care more about the singleplayer without any subscription for a while.

bread's done
Back