Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

Played with sniper rifles for the first time tonight - holy H are they terrible. All I was trying to get was the ribbon effiency, however I kept switching to the 1911. Finally got it after a few games and glad I'll never have to play that class again. The first rifle is just terrible and it takes 3 bullets to kill someone.

I liked sniping every so often in BC2, but all I feel like I need in BF3 is diazepam.

Regardless, I am have more and more fun with this game the more I play it.

I played about 4 or 5 matches today, and the last 2 matches had decent teamwork. Still, none of them had their headset on. It's crazy how quick you progress in BF3 as opposed to BC2. I actually saw a guy on my team who was a level 44 :shock:

But thanks to the decent teamwork we had, I finally got my MVP ribbon :)

Raged really really hard today when I played without my group since they got fed up with the game not putting us on the same team, and I kept getting knifed whenever I was anywhere near a point because nobody on my team backed me up.

They really, really need to patch this game. Or give me a refund. I'm sick of not playing with my friends.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Raged really really hard today when I played without my group since they got fed up with the game not putting us on the same team, and I kept getting knifed whenever I was anywhere near a point because nobody on my team backed me up.

They really, really need to patch this game. Or give me a refund. I'm sick of not playing with my friends.[/QUOTE]

They're trying to fix it.

[quote name='Battlefield Blog']
2) JOINING SQUADS AND STAYING THERE
Fix pending in the very near future

Some people have experienced difficulties joining and staying in squads on console. We have identified the cause of this problem and will hopefully have a fix ready to roll out very soon. You should then be able to stay together in your squad throughout the game. Please follow this guide for how to create and join squads prior to starting a match, which is the quickest and most reliable way to make sure you play with the right people in the right game. We will return tomorrow with an update on when this fix is live.
[/QUOTE]

I have been surprised too about the lack of people playing without headsets. Thats one of the things that makes this game so enjoyable is the communication and teamwork.

BF is an amazing game when both teams know whats going on....it has viscous right turn when one or both dont. Its why I stick to the smaller maps for now...I will leave the bigger ones for when MW3 drops. People dont realize how much the game is ruined when people do not play the "right" way.

(I will also be buying MW3 I am just saying)

I never really played BF2, except for the campaign. I heard the hype and how this game is so different than COD, but imo a lot of the same things go on. People are playing team based games with no headset to communicate, the overuse of snipers, do not even get me started on the ridiculous tactical light that apparently is blinding as the sun even in broad daylight. I know that I always use my flashlight during daytime hours....outside. I am having fun with this game but honestly it is just holding my attention until MW3 comes out. I will probably come back to this every once in awhile but there is a reason that it is not going to overtake the COD franchise.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I have been surprised too about the lack of people playing without headsets. Thats one of the things that makes this game so enjoyable is the communication and teamwork.[/QUOTE]

Me too. On the COD games you wish many times that there we NO headsets!:lol:

Coming from someone that played tons of mw2, I completely fail to understand what anyone would find appealing in it over bf3. I'd sooner play high latency bf3 with no communication than buy mw3 now.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Coming from someone that played tons of mw2, I completely fail to understand what anyone would find appealing in it over bf3. I'd sooner play high latency bf3 with no communication than buy mw3 now.[/QUOTE]

Everything about MW3 seems to scream that it will be much better than BF3, but that's just my opinion. And the opinion of millions of others.

[quote name='zewone']Everything about MW3 seems to scream that it will be much better than BF3, but that's just my opinion. And the opinion of millions of others.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer? Really?
If its at all like mw2 then I can't see how that's possible, being as unvaried as it is.
Except, maybe if k/d is the most important part of a fps multiplayer experience to you, then I might understand.

That IGN stream they had in the COD thread looks like it's about the same as MW2, different killstreaks, a lot of the same stuff like UAV, Predator, Chopper, EMP, some new weapons, mostly the same weapons M4, UMP, P90, SCAR, ACR, newish looking maps.

Not sure about the perks but all in all it looks about the same as MW3. I bet the built in lag is present as well just like it was in MW2 and Black Ops.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Multiplayer? Really?
If its at all like mw2 then I can't see how that's possible, being as unvaried as it is.
Except, maybe if k/d is the most important part of a fps multiplayer experience to you, then I might understand.[/QUOTE]
Well, K/D is fun to keep track of to me, but what's really fun is actually having firefights instead of Tank Wars 3. I really don't like vehicles in the game. I also sort of hate how huge the maps since it's a lot of barren land, it just leaves a lot of running to get to the action (unless I'd like to use a vehicle, but I buy a FPS to shoot guns, not play Ace Combat or Tank Wars). BF3 is fun for the most part, and a nice distraction.

[quote name='hustletron']That IGN stream they had in the COD thread looks like it's about the same as MW2, different killstreaks, a lot of the same stuff like UAV, Predator, Chopper, EMP, some new weapons, mostly the same weapons M4, UMP, P90, SCAR, ACR, newish looking maps.

Not sure about the perks but all in all it looks about the same as MW3. I bet the built in lag is present as well just like it was in MW2 and Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

BF3 wants to be MW3 so bad, it's sort of sad. I agree that netcode was very shitty in Black Ops (I fucking hate BO), but the netcode in MW2 is fantastic. I'm not sure what complaints you have about lag in that game.

I also don't want to turn this thread into a MW3 vs. BF3 topic. So I'll try to refrain from that.

MW3 has a bigger following and it has tailored itself to appeal to virtually all casual gamers and hardcore gamers. Their marketing is fantastic. Whether the core game play is better or not will be opinion pure and simple, they both will be made extremely well with the only real difference is the appeal.

But MW3 looks to have some of the extras done much better which gives it the nod in my book. The SP will be better, the Coop will be better. So I would give it the nod over BF3 for that alone but on the other hand those modes most people dont give a crap about anyway so....meh. Sidegrade?

[quote name='zewone']Well, K/D is fun to keep track of to me, but what's really fun is actually having firefights instead of Tank Wars 3. I really don't like vehicles in the game. I also sort of hate how huge the maps since it's a lot of barren land, it just leaves a lot of running to get to the action (unless I'd like to use a vehicle, but I buy a FPS to shoot guns, not play Ace Combat or Tank Wars). BF3 is fun for the most part, and a nice distraction.

BF3 wants to be MW3 so bad, it's sort of sad. I agree that netcode was very shitty in Black Ops (I fucking hate BO), but the netcode in MW2 is fantastic. I'm not sure what complaints you have about lag in that game.

I also don't want to turn this thread into a MW3 vs. BF3 topic. So I'll try to refrain from that.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you already did that with your last post but I'm not real sure how you can claim BF3 wants to be MW3. Aside from the fact that they both have guns and they're both shooters, there's not a whole lot of similarities between the two.

If you're referring to sales and hype then sure but what game wouldn't want to be COD with regards to sales?

[quote name='hustletron']I'm pretty sure you already did that with your last post but I'm not real sure how you can claim BF3 wants to be MW3. Aside from the fact that they both have guns and they're both shooters, there's not a whole lot of similarities between the two.

If you're referring to sales and hype then sure but what game wouldn't want to be COD with regards to sales?[/QUOTE]

I didn't with my last post. I just agreed with a former poster, and disagreed with thrustbucket.

And I'm referring to the fact that EA changed their marketing and gameplay elements to emulate MW's. The single player is a tragic MW ripoff. Did EA have perks and unlocks similar to MW before COD4? This is my first BF game. I'm not sure who came first.

Modern_Warfare_2_1st_Cover__by_CoKra.png
battlefield3.jpg

[quote name='zewone']I didn't with my last post. I just agreed with a former poster, and disagreed with thrustbucket.

And I'm referring to the fact that EA changed their marketing and gameplay elements to emulate MW's. The single player is a tragic MW ripoff. Did EA have perks and unlocks similar to MW before COD4? This is my first BF game. I'm not sure who came first.
[/QUOTE]

Battlefield has had perks and unlocks since Battlefield 2

[quote name='GamerChris']Battlefield has had perks and unlocks since Battlefield 2[/QUOTE]

Right and Bad Company 2 used the same theme as BF3 so I again fail to see how BF3 so desperately wants to be MW3.

I mean we can argue all day about what similarities there are or arent between the two, then we can go and find those same similarities in games that came out 10 years before either franchise. Doesn't change the fact that the argument is played out and dumb.

[quote name='zewone']And I'm referring to the fact that EA changed their marketing and gameplay elements to emulate MW's. The single player is a tragic MW ripoff. Did EA have perks and unlocks similar to MW before COD4? This is my first BF game. I'm not sure who came first.
[/QUOTE]

Neither... Ubisoft did the unlocks first with Rainbow Six Vegas, and I am sure others did it even before them.

EDIT: There you go... BF2 was first. People say that MW has revolutionized the FPS genre... No, all they have done is taken the best of many different franchises, combined them, and put it together the best possible way.

[quote name='hustletron']Right and Bad Company 2 used the same theme as BF3 so I again fail to see how BF3 so desperately wants to be MW3.

I mean we can argue all day about what similarities there are or arent between the two, then we can go and find those same similarities in games that came out 10 years before either franchise. Doesn't change the fact that the argument is played out and dumb.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It also doesn't change the fact that I and many others will have more enjoyment out of MW3 while you will enjoy BF3. So, there you go.

[quote name='Luxuria']So, does anyone beside me wish the DLC was being released already? I'm dying to play on Wake Island! D;[/QUOTE]

Wake Island with BF3 aircraft sounds good to me.
Maybe the US will be able to actually get off the Ship this time around.

I turn my laser sight off when I'm running around to avoid getting any attention, then I try to give people the red eye before shifting a bit and shooting. Seems relatively effective.

What's the name of the CAG gamer tag for this game again? I was going to add it but the xbox website is completely useless and I forgot the name by the time I got home.

[quote name='zewone']I didn't with my last post. I just agreed with a former poster, and disagreed with thrustbucket.

Modern_Warfare_2_1st_Cover__by_CoKra.png
battlefield3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm just gonna leave this here.

600full-battlefield-2-cover.jpg

Also just an FYI, Battlefield 1942 came out in 2002, Call of Duty came out in 2003, both were WW2 based. Battlefield 2 came out in 2005, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare came out in 2007, both were based in modern times.

you'll never convince him of anything, he needs hugs from his daddy and since that won't happen he has to whine about superior video games or some such nonsense to fill himself with an emtpy joy.

again my hope for humanity dwindles just that little bit more.

Yeah, sorry Zew but that was one of the worst comparisons of all time. A solo solider standing towards the camera isnt exactly the most original thing in the world. I am sure about a thousand books, tv shows, movies, video games and posters have done it before.

Lets just agree that we team-players will be happy when Joe-Sixpack-Mc-Casual goes off to play Call of Duty, giving us more potentially useful team mates. I joined a game as Attackers, and a good 3/4 of the team was either waiting for the jet to spawn, or were attempting to snipe.... as an attacker.

fucking useless.

(note that I have enjoyed CoD in the past and it's not really aimed at CoD, but more those people who don't understand the concept of teamplay, due to Call of Duty's rambo-centric gameplay)

[quote name='Rhett']Lets just agree that we team-players will be happy when Joe-Sixpack-Mc-Casual goes off to play Call of Duty, giving us more potentially useful team mates. I joined a game as Attackers, and a good 3/4 of the team was either waiting for the jet to spawn, or were attempting to snipe.... as an attacker.

fucking useless.

(note that I have enjoyed CoD in the past and it's not really aimed at CoD, but more those people who don't understand the concept of teamplay, due to Call of Duty's rambo-centric gameplay)[/QUOTE]

There isn't anything wrong with sniping as an attacker per se, it's just that most people do it wrong.

Usually I'll try to get to a position between the enemy spawn and the caps, and set up my mobile spawner, and THEN start sniping, in a different position as to not compromise the spawner position. Usually get a knife or two doing this as well. Of course, you risk getting knifed yourself that deep into enemy territory, but you get the gist.

Most people just sit in their spawn and snipe from there though. Gotta admit that pisses me off. That's why I prefer Conquest.

If you guys can't see Modern Warfare's influence on the new Battlefield, I don't know what to tell you.

This excerpt from Joystiq's review: "Modern Warfare drew the blueprint for the modern linear shooter, and it still managed to be fast, fun, and exciting. But Modern Warfare always gave you something to do, and enemies that were fun to shoot. Battlefield 3 is clearly referencing that blueprint, but it fails in this regard. There aren't that many enemies to shoot, and DICE has made up for that by allowing them to fire through geometry with pinpoint accuracy. It leads to a lot of trial by death and memorization. It's not fun."

"Taking only the campaign and the co-op into consideration, Battlefield 3 is a mess. It feels like a developer way outside of their comfort zone, trying to catch someone else's lightning in their bottle. It lacks any identity or soul."

[quote name='Rhett']Lets just agree that we team-players will be happy when Joe-Sixpack-Mc-Casual goes off to play Call of Duty, giving us more potentially useful team mates. I joined a game as Attackers, and a good 3/4 of the team was either waiting for the jet to spawn, or were attempting to snipe.... as an attacker.

fucking useless.

(note that I have enjoyed CoD in the past and it's not really aimed at CoD, but more those people who don't understand the concept of teamplay, due to Call of Duty's rambo-centric gameplay)[/QUOTE]

yup thats why i stopped playing. no one spots, no one really tries for objectives, they just want them vehicles or to lay down sniping. add on top of that in roughly 4 hours of play ive heard 1 person use a mic, and all he wanted to do was bitch and complain about "jesus fucking christ you guys cant fuckin kill someone?!?! blah blah bitch bitch", all the while he is negative. (not that being negative is a bad thing in this game, you can be 1-10 and still have the best score easy, wich i really like that the game isnt all about kills all the time) may give the game another go around in a week or two to see if the community improves at all, and if it doesnt i just wont play it. this isnt hate on the game, i actually think its a very good game for those who have large groups to play with, but for me all my friends play cod, so ill just stick with that for now.

its weird, i dont remember bc2 being this bad, (on the issues ive stated) but i wasnt playing when it first came out, i was very late to the party for that game lol (and i didnt really play it all that much either).

add that to the fact that im honestly not very good at the game, and im not willing to put the time into it to learn it when no one works together anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nasum']you'll never convince him of anything, he needs hugs from his daddy and since that won't happen he has to whine about superior video games or some such nonsense to fill himself with an emtpy joy.

again my hope for humanity dwindles just that little bit more.[/QUOTE]

Your projecting is telling.

[quote name='zewone']If you guys can't see Modern Warfare's influence on the new Battlefield, I don't know what to tell you.

This excerpt from Joystiq's review: "Modern Warfare drew the blueprint for the modern linear shooter, and it still managed to be fast, fun, and exciting. But Modern Warfare always gave you something to do, and enemies that were fun to shoot. Battlefield 3 is clearly referencing that blueprint, but it fails in this regard. There aren't that many enemies to shoot, and DICE has made up for that by allowing them to fire through geometry with pinpoint accuracy. It leads to a lot of trial by death and memorization. It's not fun."

"Taking only the campaign and the co-op into consideration, Battlefield 3 is a mess. It feels like a developer way outside of their comfort zone, trying to catch someone else's lightning in their bottle. It lacks any identity or soul."
[/QUOTE]

There's a campaign in Battlefield 3?

Or, to be more accurate, people care about the campaign in Battlefield 3?

At least a Recon player with the UAV unlocked and used well can greatly assist the Attacking team. I play Support but I know someone who is a great asset as a Recon player.

[quote name='zewone']I also don't want to turn this thread into a MW3 vs. BF3 topic. So I'll try to refrain from that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zewone']Everything about MW3 seems to scream that it will be much better than BF3, but that's just my opinion. And the opinion of millions of others.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zewone']Agreed. It also doesn't change the fact that I and many others will have more enjoyment out of MW3 while you will enjoy BF3. So, there you go.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit. Pretty much everything you've posted just seems like a rather passive-aggressive baiting, rather than any meaningful attempt to start discussion.

Passive-aggressive is my specialty. But if someone's going to respond to my post, I will respond back. If people stop responding to me, I'll have nothing else to say. Easy as that.

Let me start by saying I really like this game. If you can't see why MW3 will win this war, or why people prefer MW3 over this game, you're blind.

MW3 is 60 FPS, fast paced gameplay. You'll never be away from the action for long. The sheer size of the maps in BF3 lend themselves to camping and gunfights don't happen often. I know people will say to play on PC, but I can't stand having 8 random teammates let alone 28. There are killstreaks in MW3, you're rewarded for doing well. Everyone can do well in COD, against someone.

So my friend is pretty pissed off. He bought this game day 1, but his box doesn't mention the Back to Karkand pack.

He figured it was like BC2 where everyone buying it new would get some free maps.

EDIT - and Traken nails it. There's a reason CoD is top dog.

That's not to say BF3 isn't great. I think I already put 13 hours into it, but it's definitely taking a backseat come Tuesday.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']There's a campaign in Battlefield 3?

Or, to be more accurate, people care about the campaign in Battlefield 3?[/QUOTE]

Seconded, or Thirded, or concurred (ed) :cool:.

Yeah I certainly get the more arcadey feel of MW that appeals to more people. It feels like you put in a quarter for 2,5 minutes of gameplay that's roughly the same each time. Last I played mw, I continued to die from people that could jump, do 180 in the air and head shot me with sniper rifles. Learning to do the same in order to compete did not appeal to me.

With bf3 I log in and feel like there is a dozen different things I can do to help my team, only a few of which require killing as much as possible. Combined with all the class and weapon based leveling, its infinitely more appealing to me.

Either way, it sounds like after Tuesday we will all be happier.

[quote name='Trakan']Let me start by saying I really like this game. If you can't see why MW3 will win this war, or why people prefer MW3 over this game, you're blind.

MW3 is 60 FPS, fast paced gameplay. You'll never be away from the action for long. The sheer size of the maps in BF3 lend themselves to camping and gunfights don't happen often. There are killstreaks in MW3, you're rewarded for doing well. Everyone can do well in COD, against someone.[/QUOTE]

What's weird is that I've been camped significantly less in BF3 (so far) than in Black Ops. Basically, the giant maps mean that if you just sit in a random cranny, NOBODY is going to run past you, so you have to position yourself in a pretty easily scanned area around a flag (in Conquest). I basically gave up on Black Ops because I got tired of turning every second corner and getting shot in the ass by someone with Ghost and a FAMAS, and that's just not a problem here. This also has the side-effect of making snipers viable without them having to resort to no-scoping, which is another plus.

Of course, the best possible thing that could happen to CoD is Kill Confirmed becoming the new primary mode, so that people actually have to stick their heads out of their little rat holes if they want to get kill streaks, but I'm skeptical that's going to be an easy adjustment for a lot of the player base. Here's hoping.

[quote name='seanr1221']So my friend is pretty pissed off. He bought this game day 1, but his box doesn't mention the Back to Karkand pack.

He figured it was like BC2 where everyone buying it new would get some free maps.[/QUOTE]

The pack was a pre-order incentive, like the Dark Souls Signature Edition. Of course, it's also possible he got screwed out of the right version -- they tried to hand me a regular edition at Best Buy, but I politely showed them where it said "Collector's Edition" on the receipt.

[quote name='trq']
The pack was a pre-order incentive, like the Dark Souls Signature Edition. Of course, it's also possible he got screwed out of the right version -- they tried to hand me a regular edition at Best Buy, but I politely showed them where it said "Collector's Edition" on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Im guessing the pack unlock is tied to your multiplayer redemption code? I didn't have a second code for karkand.

I'm the opposite compared to some of you, I'm not even buying MW3 this time around(for myself at least, my son wants it though).

Ah crap, I meant to bring home a Dr. Pepper lid for a free item (dog tag or skins) since I already have all of them. I will swing by tomorrow and pick it up and post the code on here so anyone can have it.

[quote name='trq']This also has the side-effect of making snipers viable without them having to resort to no-scoping, which is another plus.
[/QUOTE]
I get a lot of kills in BF3 with no scoping with the semi-auto snipers.
[quote name='seanr1221']Im guessing the pack unlock is tied to your multiplayer redemption code? I didn't have a second code for karkand.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. The DLC is tied to your online pass with the limited edition.

[quote name='zewone']I get a lot of kills in BF3 with no scoping with the semi-auto snipers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah? Obviously you can still hip fire and get kills (I think I just unlocked a laser sight for the SV98 -- WTF?), but the snap-to auto-aim in BF3 doesn't seem as strong as it does in CoD, which is what makes real "no-scoping" possible. I may just be an outlier, but I can honestly say I've yet to be killed by a sniper rifle in a close range shootout.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah. The DLC is tied to your online pass with the limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='js1']I'm the opposite compared to some of you, I'm not even buying MW3 this time around.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I couldn't possibly care less about MW3. Will probably check it out 6 or 8 months from now just for the singleplayer. As short as they are they're usually pretty entertaining...multiplayer will be the same old shit.

Anyway - anyone know about the Vietnam & Battlefield 2 dog tags? I assumed "Vietnam" referred to the PC version of Battlefield Vietnam and not BFBC2 Vietnam since I didn't get that tag, but then I DO own the PC BF2 and didn't get that tag either.

So at this point I'm assuming the Vietnam tag is for PC Battlefield Vietnam and the Battlefield 2 tag is for the console Battlefield 2 only...anyone know if this is the case?

The tags can be finicky it seems. My son dent get his 1943 tags at first, but they later unlocked. My friend on the other hand didn't get tags for BF2 from playing the XBox and says it's from PC only.

My son's profile became corrupt and then it said he unlocked all the stuff again when it made his new profile. Seems to be just another of the many bugs out there.

[quote name='Trakan']MW3 is 60 FPS, fast paced gameplay. You'll never be away from the action for long. The sheer size of the maps in BF3 lend themselves to camping and gunfights don't happen often. I know people will say to play on PC, but I can't stand having 8 random teammates let alone 28. There are killstreaks in MW3, you're rewarded for doing well. Everyone can do well in COD, against someone.[/QUOTE]
See, what you're listing at the end isn't something that makes COD objectively better, it just makes it different. Using a lack of killstreaks against BF3 would be comparable to docking COD for a lack of vehicles, and that would be just as myopic. The games are balanced in two completely different ways to two completely different play styles. Killstreaks in COD reward individual play, and there is literally no incentive to help your team beyond shooting as many enemies as possible. It's a team game in the loosest sense of the word. Battlefield, however, is balanced towards team play. You can be MVP with a shit K/D spread because you armed objectives, healed teammates, repaired vehicles, etc.

As for not enough gunfights, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'm in firefights constantly. Are you playing in a squad, or by yourself? If it's by yourself, then no wonder. The game's designed for you to be in a squad so you can spawn off of them and stay in the action.

The games really scratch two different FPS itches. If you want to be individually rewarded for your work, then COD gives you that affirming pat on the head and encourages you to do better. That can feel fucking awesome when you do well, and it's why I play it when I do. Battlefield, though, doesn't reward you for doing well as an individual, but as a team. Doing well as an individual means being a team player and supporting other people, and that can be a reward in and of itself, to be honest. There's nothing quite so satisfying as sitting gunner in a tank, popping out to repair, and covering each other.

[quote name='seanr1221']Im guessing the pack unlock is tied to your multiplayer redemption code? I didn't have a second code for karkand.[/QUOTE]
This is the case, yes. LE Online Pass codes automatically include Back to Karkand.

[quote name='trq']Yeah? Obviously you can still hip fire and get kills (I think I just unlocked a laser sight for the SV98 -- WTF?), but the snap-to auto-aim in BF3 doesn't seem as strong as it does in CoD, which is what makes real "no-scoping" possible. I may just be an outlier, but I can honestly say I've yet to be killed by a sniper rifle in a close range shootout.[/QUOTE]
Part of this is that sniper rifles are balanced to not be auto 1-hit kills in BF, so using them in close range isn't advisable since they're slow to reload and imprecise (when fired from the hip, i.e. not aiming for the head as you would to with that kind of rifle.)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']See, what you're listing at the end isn't something that makes COD objectively better, it just makes it different. Using a lack of killstreaks against BF3 would be comparable to docking COD for a lack of vehicles, and that would be just as myopic. The games are balanced in two completely different ways to two completely different play styles. Killstreaks in COD reward individual play, and there is literally no incentive to help your team beyond shooting as many enemies as possible. It's a team game in the loosest sense of the word. Battlefield, however, is balanced towards team play. You can be MVP with a shit K/D spread because you armed objectives, healed teammates, repaired vehicles, etc.

As for not enough gunfights, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'm in firefights constantly. Are you playing in a squad, or by yourself? If it's by yourself, then no wonder. The game's designed for you to be in a squad so you can spawn off of them and stay in the action.

The games really scratch two different FPS itches. If you want to be individually rewarded for your work, then COD gives you that affirming pat on the head and encourages you to do better. That can feel fucking awesome when you do well, and it's why I play it when I do. Battlefield, though, doesn't reward you for doing well as an individual, but as a team. Doing well as an individual means being a team player and supporting other people, and that can be a reward in and of itself, to be honest. There's nothing quite so satisfying as sitting gunner in a tank, popping out to repair, and covering each other.

This is the case, yes. LE Online Pass codes automatically include Back to Karkand.

Part of this is that sniper rifles are balanced to not be auto 1-hit kills in BF, so using them in close range isn't advisable since they're slow to reload and imprecise (when fired from the hip, i.e. not aiming for the head as you would to with that kind of rifle.)[/QUOTE]

This x 1,000

bread's done
Back