Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

According to BF 3 Premium video, the map packs are exclusive to that for 2 weeks. Don't forget Sony also has a week exclusivity also.

Looks like we won't get the DLC until late this month. :(

Has that been confirmed? PS3 has the one week early exclusive window but that was before premium came into play. People that buy premium get the maps two weeks early and on the video it says that would be today. So unless PS3 gets it today and Xbox premium people don't get it until next week, both consoles should get the maps today, if you buy premium.

God damn....just the updates is 2.4 gigs on the console? How could updates possible be that big? Or am I mistaken and the maps are included in the update.

Damn it......dude I barely have any space on my original 10g harddrive....espiecally not 2.4gs worth..then these maps are going to be another couple gigs.

Damn.....my cheapass self might have to break down and buy a bigger hard drive....or delete almost everything on my drive now......shitty. One game taking up that much space is brutal

[quote name='bear489']After I downloaded the update I can't play on the servers anymore till tomorrow. Anyone else getting this?[/QUOTE]

You aren't going to be able to play until after the E3 press conference when they release premium and what not officially

[quote name='jughead']I think you can install the update on a thumb drive... Its allowing me to do so.[/QUOTE]

Waaaa? I thought thumb drive support was only for game saves?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Waaaa? I thought thumb drive support was only for game saves?[/QUOTE]

Nope. You can use it for just about anything you can use a HDD for. (Installing games to it is possible).

So I am hearing reports that you can delete the rent a sever patch and then download the new one.

Hasnt been confirmed though.

I found a 60 gig hard drive on amazon with a transfer cable for 30 bucks....cant believe I finally broke down and bought a new hard drive for this thing.

So remember a while ago when I was complaining about spawning backwards all the time? From what I gather it was only me suffering from it so I came across as crazy. I notices this is the patch notes a few minutes ago..

Players will now spawn on the Radio Beacon looking in the same direction the Beacon is facing. The Beacon always faces in the direction the player is facing when it is planted. Previously the Beacon’s direction had no impact on the player’s spawn direction.

I knew I wasnt crazy....

[quote name='slickkill77']Its official. Premium Xbox people don't get close quarters until 6/12/2012[/QUOTE]

Yep and non-premium are end of June.

I'm quite interested in the delivery method of the Premium map packs. I already have B2K as I imagine most of us do so I'd greatly prefer if they were released as redemption codes rather than tied to our VIP pass or EA account. The value would pretty much be negated to me if there is no way to get a code that I can trade for B2K. Of course, we get tons of value from Battlefield content but I would just buy them individually or possibly wait for a sale otherwise.

I've been away from BF3 for far too long but the new map pack may give me the incentive I need to start again. The custom server mess has really made me dread having to scrounge around and favorite official servers. I just have no interest whatsoever in servers run by the players.

On another note, I'm really hoping one of the hundreds of fixes finally separates conquest assault from conquest for B2K maps? Please?

Not a fan of player run servers in general, but I was having some good times on some "mics only" servers. Still admin abuse with them but it's almost a different game when everyone is communicating.

Well the new update made it a breeze to find severs running regular rules. You can finally search by normal or custom which is sweet.

That's good news about the servers. It seems really boneheaded that it was tough to weed out the player servers in the first place.

Yes, I'm aware of how VIP stuff has been delivered in the past but this Premium thing is unprecedented so I thought that it may be different to reward those who already had Karkand. That seems like a pretty big oversight as the loyal players who would get this are already going to have it. Unfortunately, that just about seals me against it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Well the new update made it a breeze to find severs running regular rules. You can finally search by normal or custom which is sweet.[/QUOTE]

I like this very much.

But really that's a fallacy and its not an oversight Gaming seems to be one of the few businesses in which customers expect free content for life. If you bought a car that came with a certain package you wouldn't be entitled to the next years model just because you bought this years model already. Your not entitled to an iPad 2 features just because you bought a iPad 1.

Everyone got b2k for free in a completely separate deal. They fulfilled that deal and are now workin on another. Just because you did one deal doesn't mean you have a right to all future deals until the end of time.

You basically want to be rewarded as you say 4 or 5 times after they rewarded you already.

Another note b2k was free if you bought the limited edition....which was te same price as a normal edition. Waaaaa? If you have b2k prem will save you 10 bucks if you somehow don't them it will save you 25.

It's mind boggling. People are upset that they gr some for free 6 months ago so now they want something for free now to make up for it. Gamer confuse me every single day.

Its funny. The patch that released with the Rent a server upgrade pushed me away from the game because tanks were crap and I had only heard bad things about the server admins. Now after a month off, I've been playing the game for about a week straight and I haven't run into any issues what so ever with admins kicking me.

That ac130 looks sick, its the only thing that I liked about MW2. The predator missiles too.

I actually prefer playing the custom servers. 75 tickets is way too short, 200% percent tickets is perfect.
I only play on a few maps now, grand bazaar, metro and kharg island. I will play on others sometimes, but I just like those maps a lot. They need to bring backstab back, I can't believe they have not remade that map. Greatest map of all time.

[quote name='bear489']Wow 2.3 GB just for a update.:shock:[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there just a 1+ gig update a few months back? I don't know if my HD can take much more!

Soodmeg, kind of confused by your rant. I never said I felt entitled to anything. I'm merely weighing if I want to purchase the Premium package. I'm not complaining about them including Karkand but simply saying it makes it less of a deal for me personally. That's all.

They're using the free map packs as a big selling point, obviously. I'm just saying that those likely getting this already were interested in getting the Limited Edition and this have Karkand. It's really not a big deal but it just makes the value less. They can do whatever they like. It's totally optional and I probably won't get it. That's it. I'm sure those that do will enjoy it and good for them. Really not whining about it, just think could have put it more over the top if they swapped in something else.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Soodmeg, kind of confused by your rant. I never said I felt entitled to anything. I'm merely weighing if I want to purchase the Premium package. I'm not complaining about them including Karkand but simply saying it makes it less of a deal for me personally. That's all.

They're using the free map packs as a big selling point, obviously. I'm just saying that those likely getting this already were interested in getting the Limited Edition and this have Karkand. It's really not a big deal but it just makes the value less. They can do whatever they like. It's totally optional and I probably won't get it. That's it. I'm sure those that do will enjoy it and good for them. Really not whining about it, just think could have put it more over the top if they swapped in something else.[/QUOTE]

Well if you were intending to buy the last four packs anyway, you'll save money and get early access. That's the selling point. It's not like total cost = collective cost and a bonus for having karkand would be the dealbreaker.

Yes, there is still a slight discount even without that one so if you definitely are going to get each pack at launch and want that exclusive window then it is a great deal. Personally, I'm not sure I will commit this early to all of them at essentially 1000 points each without Karkand.

I think I might get premium, need more points though.

The maps are nice but the new weapons, vehicles, double exp and other little bonus are what i'm liking. As i'm pretty bored with the current choice of weapons / vehicles.

Are the weapons out now or is that after the ps3 runs out? I am getting it but gonna wait until I can actually use the content.

Also I wasn't really ripping on you gub.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Are the weapons out now or is that after the ps3 runs out? I am getting it but gonna wait until I can actually use the content.

Also I wasn't really ripping on you gub.[/QUOTE]

Not till next week

Watch out on kharg island, RHIB boat glitch.

Idk if this is a new glitch because of the patch, but it is just like the one from BFBC Vietnam. Three attackers on Kharg island were using this glitch the whole game. They could arm and kill without being seen or hit by bullets. The only way to take them out is by using C4.

Ever since the second patch suppressors are shit. I always used them on the ump, m416 and the scar-h. Hell I even used them on them m60 and 240b and they would work great. Have not tried out the ump or m416 without them, but the scar-h is a beast now. I use the holographic sight, flash suppressor and the bipod.

The bipod is very great if you like to control a whole area. So far I have used it on the m60 and m240 (both medium to somewhat longrange with the right setup) F2000 and the scar-h.

Cool, sorry to take it the wrong way. Looking forward to the expansions (besides the downloads!) and getting back into the only multiplayer shooter around.

bread's done
Back