Battlefield: Bad Company 2 | (30 Sep.) Mp. Gameplay Trailer

[quote name='8bitArtist']so my buddy from australia gave me his psn info and i downloaded the spec kit bundle... but it didnt work in my game. :([/QUOTE]

All DLC is region locked, so you'd need an Australian game disc

[quote name='8bitArtist']has anyone elses games been really laggy lately? seems like after they made that patch go live, it really bogged the servers down.[/QUOTE]

Same. My character will just randomly slide forward a foot or two every few minutes.

[quote name='8bitArtist']has anyone elses games been really laggy lately? seems like after they made that patch go live, it really bogged the servers down.[/QUOTE]

This has always been terribly laggy for me, I get disconnected from the server every two or threes games (at best), the Deja vu is pretty crazy as well,trying to shoot at an helicopter with a heavy LMG is almost impossible since it teleports every few seconds, while I don;t have a perfect Internet connection it works perfectly with other games like MAG and Warhawk

I played two games last night and didn't notice an issue.

I will ask, though, WTF is up with all the snipers?? I was playing conquest last night and it seemed that 1/2 my team was snipers. Nobody but me and a squadmate were going for the flags. What's interesting is that I haven't played much of this game (I'm still level 3), but on damn near every match I'm in the top 3 (many times #1) in points with typically over 1000. I wonder if that's due to the snipers or if everyone is just out fucking around and not going for the objectives.

Overall, I dig the game. It's a good primer for my Battlefield 2 Thursday nights with the guys from work (yeah, that's right, the 5+ year old game).

Not being able to communicate with more than 4 players + all the snipers = me selling this game. Horrible choice. I shouldn't have to get 3 friends online EVERY time I want to play. So close to platinum but fuck it. It's just not fun when half your team sits back sniping.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I played two games last night and didn't notice an issue.

I will ask, though, WTF is up with all the snipers?? I was playing conquest last night and it seemed that 1/2 my team was snipers. Nobody but me and a squadmate were going for the flags. What's interesting is that I haven't played much of this game (I'm still level 3), but on damn near every match I'm in the top 3 (many times #1) in points with typically over 1000. I wonder if that's due to the snipers or if everyone is just out fucking around and not going for the objectives.

Overall, I dig the game. It's a good primer for my Battlefield 2 Thursday nights with the guys from work (yeah, that's right, the 5+ year old game).[/QUOTE]

If you're playing with a bunch of people only interested in boosting their k/d it'll be a low scoring game. You only get 50 points per kill, meaning to even get 1k they'll need to kill at least 20 people (which is obviously not the case in your games). Don't worry though, as you rank up you'll play with more experienced players, at lvl 3 occasionally you'll still run into a team of noobies.

[quote name='8bitArtist']90% of snipers are also paraplegics. true story.[/QUOTE]

then you got people like who are recons that use sniper rifles like a slow pistol. point blank, no scope shoot --> kill? --> shit, switch to pistols.

If your team is playing badly, just find a new game. Not too hard to get 20+ kills in a match, though. Remember to stay in cover, and advance cautiously; sprinting will often (if not usually) lead you to your death.

Alright, I need the Demolish 2.0 (near impossible) and the Et tu, Brute trophies to platinum this piece of shit and finally get rid of it. Any one want to help?

Patch tomorrow.

Hope it fixes the lag...

On Thursday 3rd June the PlayStation 3 Bad Company 2 servers will go down for maintenance. On your side of things at around 08:00 UTC (09:00 UK, 10:00 Europe, 02:00 Pacific) you will start to see prompts to update your PS3 when you next put Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in your disc drive.

The update includes the following changes:

• Kit images added in spawn menu
  • Fixed the "required rank" field on the unlock items specified on the W&G page
  • Added M14, NS 2000 and G3 in-game unlock pop-up when the requirements for unlocking them are reached
  • Added a server side check of the veteran status of the players
  • Award bugfix for "Win all 4 game modes" (it had marksman headshot as a dependency)
  • Garand did not track anything, Thompson tracked Garand.
  • Increased the penalty points for TeamKill and TeamDamage
  • Increased the reward points for Objective Actions (Flag Cap/Assist, Arm/Disarm/Destroy/Damage/TeamDestroy/TeamDamage)
  • Fixed veteran rank number not showing up in ingame scoreboard
  • The southpaw setting now works for the anti-air gun and the Stationary AT
  • Collectible weapon messages fixed

Now you can go out and get your Garand stats you have all been waiting for.

This update will go out on PS3 in all regions except Japan which will follow shortly. Xbox 360 update is also in the works and is due in the very near future.

[quote name='SynGamer']Alright, I need the Demolish 2.0 (near impossible) and the Et tu, Brute trophies to platinum this piece of shit and finally get rid of it. Any one want to help?[/QUOTE]

Disclaimer: I don't have these trophies

For the demolition one, use the assault rifle class with the extra grenades and extra explosive power specializations, and just blast away (specially at objective buildings or MG/sniper towers)

For the other one, my plan (once I'm only missing that one) is to go in a squad deathmatch and send friend requests to every enemy on the other 3 squads. Best case scenario they all answer and you'll have 12 possible targets for the trophy (most of them keeping playing after each round)

just go to squad death match arica harbor, put on c4 with extra c4/explosive damage as an assault and just start blowing up all the bottom floors of the houses.

for et tu, get a buddy to join a game until he is on a team of 12 and the other team has less than that, then just join his game and talk through aim so you know where he is then knife him 5 times.

I keep having buildings sniped from under me. I'll mortar strick a building 3-4 times and then some ass pops off a 40mm and gets the kills and credit...fucking pissing me off.

well stop mortaring buildings. that takes forever to do by yourself anyway.

also, the lag in this game is still horrendous. resetting the servers didnt do shit.

[quote name='8bitArtist']well stop mortaring buildings. that takes forever to do by yourself anyway.

also, the lag in this game is still horrendous. resetting the servers didnt do shit.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, lag is horrible. And I've tried mortars, 40mms, C4, RPGs...I can get certain buildings to collapse but there's either no one in them or someone else gets credit.

[quote name='SynGamer']I keep having buildings sniped from under me. I'll mortar strick a building 3-4 times and then some ass pops off a 40mm and gets the kills and credit...fucking pissing me off.[/QUOTE]

To take a building down you have to knock out certain walls. So and airstrike will only randomly hit them unless you point at placed around the edges. But it'll take a least 3-4 calls still.

I would check out youtube for C4 guides on where to place to get a better understanding.

>>>Oh and I'm not touching this until the lag is fix. :(

I got Demo 2.0 pretty easy w a day of grinding. I go with assault n c4 and white pass on conquest. Just line up the houses with 5 c4s in all the base 1st floor corners then refill ur ammo while you are across the street watching the house. wait for some enemies to go in the house then pow.
I also got lucky and got et tu brute the first cag bfbc2 nite we played. sorry zenprime. :)
i just knifed every cag i saw, and zen took it 5 times in a row ;)
peace
still laggy? after the reset? argh. it's been this way since the last update. im gonna trade this in after i get my garand bronze they fixed so I will have all the insignias. then im trading it back in n buy it in a few months to see if they fixed it yet/servers are more relieved. with my luck they will shutdown the servers aka lord of the rings conquest, or it will be a barren wastleland like brutal legend.
and before you tell me, i know, i bought crappy games. lol

Think I am going to trade this. Lag is to bad still weeks later. Was looking forward to the DLC but not liking that it is going to cost extra.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Think I am going to trade this. Lag is to bad still weeks later. Was looking forward to the DLC but not liking that it is going to cost extra.[/QUOTE]

i cant really blame you stark. if it wasnt for veld and stine, i would have traded this a long time ago. we are going to gameshare the onslaught mode, but really, the only thing that can make me happy again with this game is if dice released NEW maps for FREE instead of these pathetic so called "map packs" for the VIPs. getting old maps with new modes is their idea of being a VIP? fucking please.

Does anyone know if Onslaught has matchmaking support?
I'm wanting to pick it up but not if it doesn't have matchmaking.

Onslaught actually has it's own menu bar in the main menu screen.
Didn't see any matchmaking.

It had:
Find Game (next screen was Join Game, Level and Difficulty)
Create Private Match (next screen was Start Match, Level and Difficulty)
Create Public Match (next screen was Start Match, Level and Difficulty)
Onslaught Leaderboard

It's $9.99 (including VIPs) but's it's a d/ld so you can share it across all your profiles. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it just in case this changes (no need to buy this thing 3 times) because alot of people (VIPs) are pissed about the price. Especially 360 owners who had to wait and still have to pay.

It seems it was about 100KB (I think that's what I saw when it was d/lding..I could be wrong, which, including installation, took all of about 10 seconds) which means the crap/mode was already on the disc (we got screwed over again and they were just waiting for MAG or MW2 to release their DLC before them).

after beating all the missions on hardcore, this mode is not worth $10 (even though it was game shared between 3 people. if i was on xbox, id been really pissed) and whoever the host is, is prone to freezing (i had 3 different squad mates freeze last night, each time someone froze, they were hosting). DICE needs to get on this shit and fix it, but im about done with this game anyway.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I just got a HUGE update, it is 451 Megabytes . OUCH![/QUOTE]
That's the main thing stopping me from playing this game(in addition to the other 10-12 games I have to get through still:roll:)is this huge update.

I may just stay logged out of PSN to play Bad Company 2, since I don't feel like wasting HOURS on my shitty DSL connection to download the frickin' update.

[quote name='8bitArtist']that huge update is onslaught mode among some other things. just like when you download a demo and then have the unlock key for 10kb.[/QUOTE]
Onslaught mode is a mode for online, right? If so, then I really don't need or want the f'n thing, since I played all of 10 minutes of online on the original Bad Company and I couldn't stand it.

Although that was namely due to all of the sniping people picking me off from a far distance every half second like the no lifers in Warhawk/Uncharted 2/MAG who played the frickin' games 24/7 .

onslaught is 4 player coop online where you take flags like conquest against computer AI. although like i said in my previous post, it isnt worth the money and the person who hosts is almost certain to freeze at some point.

What the hell ever happened to games being made with OFFline co-op? It's like game developers feel as if we gamers don't have any real friends we can play games with in the same room anymore, so they have to make every damned co-op mode online or whatever.:roll:

Ea is a shell of its former self. NHL 98 on the genesis is better than anything they make today. Shank is looking cool but since ea made it i am a little hesitant. I guess dead space is good, still havent gotten an hour in but it feels a bit clunky.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Ea is a shell of its former self. NHL 98 on the genesis is better than anything they make today. Shank is looking cool but since ea made it i am a little hesitant. I guess dead space is good, still havent gotten an hour in but it feels a bit clunky.[/QUOTE]

only EA isnt making shank, just publishing it.

I must have eaten some suckberries over the weekend because for the last few weeks I was on fire (with like a 1.5 kdr (which is pretty good for me)), but last night I just couldn't find the targets. In fact, there was one game where my kdr was something like .21. Still enjoy the game, just fell out of my groove this weekend (or went up against some very skilled players).

I looked for and didn't see a thread for single player alone, so I figure I'll ask this question here.

Is it possible to have any progress you've made in the game be lost if your system freezes while loading the next level if you have to quit out of the game?

I ask because a buddy of mine was playing my copy of BC2 last night and he got pretty far in the game(desert level) and when it was loading the next level in it got stuck on the loading screen(loading icon kept going round n round).

So he went back into 'my campaign' from the title screen and when he went to select the level he was on it only showed the original WWII era one.

Has anyone had this happen before? I'd like to know if it's a known issue or not. He was pretty pissed cuz he was playing it for like 4-5 hours when this happened.

Finally got my platinum for this game! Demolition man was a pain, it required a lot of grinding and resulted in a lot of C4 kills, before I found how to do it correctly (for the last two kills needed of course).

The Et Tu Brute? was a lot simpler than I thought (Joined a Squad Deathmatch and added to my friend list eveyr player that killed me. Only two accepted me, but with those two I got enough knife kills in the following 15 minutes to get the trophy.

Did they ever fix the lag? I couldn't play this for like a month so I sold it. :( If I can get it cheap again I might but not going to bother if it is still to laggy.

I played for about a month after launch, and never had any lag. I played for a couple hours this past saturday and didn't have any lag then, either.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Did they ever fix the lag? I couldn't play this for like a month so I sold it. :( If I can get it cheap again I might but not going to bother if it is still to laggy.[/QUOTE]

i never had lag, but then again i have FIOS...

[quote name='NamPaehc']Did they ever fix the lag? I couldn't play this for like a month so I sold it. :( If I can get it cheap again I might but not going to bother if it is still to laggy.[/QUOTE]

I always experience lag (a lot!) but even worse, every other game (Rush or conquest) I get disconnected. Strange thing is that in other games like MAG, Warhawk and SOCOM and to a lesser extent MW2, I never experience any lag

bread's done
Back