Battlefield: Bad Company 2 | (30 Sep.) Mp. Gameplay Trailer

[quote name='GenPirate']What is this roster for anyhow? I wish the 360 section was as neat...

I might just have to get me a Ps3 for xmas.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that this is so that people can figure out who is available on what nights and set up game nights of some sort or make clans that play a couple nights a week, (which by the way I am available if anyone wants to get a clan going).

Just added my info to the roster. It would be nice to have a regular group of people to play with, or at least a few here and there that know what their doing!

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']BFBC:2 Roster google doc roster for BFBC:2. Feel free to edit your info! I can input some of the names already posted in the google doc later tomorrow if it hasn't been done already.[/QUOTE]I added my info.

I might be on tonight. Had some excellent ass wuppins last night and I'm on the verge of addiction.

Btw, I was watching the Quick Look of the MW2 stimulus package on Giant Bomb and it occurred to me why I prefer this over MW2 and some things that I'm used to that will prevent me from going back. This is by no means a "this game is better than that game" argument. I have played both games and they are different. These are just some of my observation on features that I prefer.

1. Audio - The audio in MW2 just sounds odd to me. Like the guns are firing pepper. I never fired a real gun, but the sounds feel more realistic in BF. When a grenade goes off right near you, that high pitched sound and the feel of disorientation is just awesome. The better audio started in BC1 when they clearly distinguished when guns were fired indoors, outdoors, near you or far away. Anyone notice the sound change as you're firing and you're nearing the end of your clip?

2. Twitch gaming -I hate twitch shooters. Hate them! To me it doesn't require any skill to win if you start shooting first instead of having better accuracy. That why I stopped playing Halo online. Plus the "snap to" aiming assist that MW2 has is just plain annoying. Its like playing whack-a-mole or something. See-an-enemy-snap-to-shoot. Over and over again.

3. Maps - I love the large open maps of BF. Games like conquest are meant to be played on maps like these. Even games like capture the flag should be played on large maps. MW2 might have some larger maps but almost all of them have tiny spacing and corridors. Its like the designers assumed everyone would lone-wolf it when they play online. If you manage to play somewhat team-like, then a single grenade can take out 2 or more people since the spacing in certain hallways, stairwells, etc are just ridiculously small. Rainbow Six Vegas & Vegas 2 had this problem. Tight spacing. I guess I just prefer outdoor open sky maps to indoor "lets have a shootout in someone's living room or in the Las Vegas library." :p

4. Classes. This is more of a preference than something MW2 is lacking. I just prefer it in BF. There are times where I'm just having an off game when it comes to killing dudes and I like the option to switch class and play a less "attacking role." Last night, I was struggling to eliminate enemies and move forward as an attacker on rush. After a few more tries, I switched over to medic and for the next 2 rounds, my squad completely destroyed the other team. I must have done like 8 or 10 revives per round but my squad just started steam rolling the other team. Its a great feeling to know that while you might not be on point when it comes to shooting, you are still helping your team. I know there's always someone on my team that's disoriented when I revive them simply because they weren't expecting someone to do it.

5. Spawn points - I knows it frowned upon to spawn camp but people still do it. Hell, people sneak into enemy bases and steal their vehicles (not something I do, but hilarious nonetheless). The "mobile spawn points" of spawning on your teammate is just plain brilliant. I almost never spawn at base anymore unless there is a tank, heli, or uav there. An easy way to get back into the action right away and you can even strategically wait a few seconds to see if you want to spawn, when and on whom.

6. Spotting - I'm still surprised to see people don't spot but then again, its not well documented in game. There should be a loading screen with a diagram to show people how to spot. One thing I've noticed in all my games, teams who spot more almost always win. I had a team last night where everyone was spotting and the opposing team didn't know what hit them. Its my favorite way of passively earning points. And for all the "snipers" out there - THIS IS YOUR JOB. That's what SCOUTS DO. They...wait for it...SCOUT. Not hang back at spawn and snipe snipe snipe.

Lastly, its not really a feature, but I love how the terrain gets destroyed, burnt, blown up and warped and the damage stays throughout the game. Even if a tank is destroyed and respawns, you can see the black blast mark where it blown up. It truly makes it feel like a battlefield.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Not trying to start a fanboy argument or anything.

@carbontiger - Those are the same reasons why I absolutely refuse to play MW2 (I even traded it in - something I NEVER do) any more.

What's even crazier is that the last time I did play MW2, everyone said I was camping if I would stay still for 2.5 seconds. I don't understand the fun in running around like crazy people with blindfolds and scissors. Apparently taking cover to avoid fire is frowned upon.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']BFBC:2 Roster google doc roster for BFBC:2. Feel free to edit your info! I can input some of the names already posted in the google doc later tomorrow if it hasn't been done already.[/QUOTE]

Saved it to my sig so you guys don't need to go back a few pages.

sorry about yesterday Megiddo, I was in a 4 man squad with d367ruc70.

geez, I stopped playing for almost two weeks and some of guys are ranked above me now.

[quote name='enufs8d']sorry about yesterday Megiddo, I was in a 4 man squad with d367ruc70.

geez, I stopped playing for almost two weeks and some of guys are ranked above me now.[/QUOTE]

It's all good.

[quote name='Methadon']@carbontiger - Those are the same reasons why I absolutely refuse to play MW2 (I even traded it in - something I NEVER do) any more.[/QUOTE]

"crazy people with blindfolds and scissors" Ha! Perfect!

Ya, I traded in my copy as well during GS's extra 50% promo. You can't deny $45 for something I won't play again.

OT, but I'm trying to get my Lost Planet 2 demo code to work and it keeps saying invalid. Dammit! Back to BF...

M1 garand ummm...yeah, no.

[quote name='carbontiger']

6. Spotting - I'm still surprised to see people don't spot but then again, its not well documented in game. There should be a loading screen with a diagram to show people how to spot. One thing I've noticed in all my games, teams who spot more almost always win. I had a team last night where everyone was spotting and the opposing team didn't know what hit them. Its my favorite way of passively earning points. And for all the "snipers" out there - THIS IS YOUR JOB. That's what SCOUTS DO. They...wait for it...SCOUT. Not hang back at spawn and snipe snipe snipe.
[/QUOTE]

I try to spot as much as I can, heck, it's even just good for locating enemies yourself if you're not sure if you see an enemy or not. For the Recon class, they even get a scope that does it for them automatically if I'm not mistaken, except most choose to use magnum bullets or something else instead of it.

[quote name='carbontiger']
[/QUOTE]

But the snipers don't know to spoy because, as you already mentioned, it's not well documented. I only knew how to do it because of an article I read elsewhere... I'd wager most people don't even know it exists. You are right though in that one loading screen detailing it would go a long way.

[quote name='erequena']Anyone preordered the game from amazon and knows when the $20 credit expires? I misplaced my email :([/QUOTE]

I don't think the credit will expire. Since its tied to your account you don't have to worry about keeping up with that email.

The things that are really pissing me off right know are

Recon - not using motion sensors when we are attacking/defending a crate.
Assault - give me some ammo
Medic - not reviving and not throwing health packs
Engineer - not playing the class as Anti-Vehicle
M1 - stats not saving, after 36 kills and not even a bronze I quit using it entirely.

I think alot of X MW2 players picked up the game lately I have seen a ton of low level players recently.

[quote name='erequena']Anyone preordered the game from amazon and knows when the $20 credit expires? I misplaced my email :([/QUOTE]

From the Amazon Promo E-mail:

Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $20 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 04/30/2010.

[quote name='noisesquared']From the Amazon Promo E-mail:

Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $20 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 04/30/2010.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I hope there's a good sale on the next 30 days then :)

See you all on BC2 tonight

[quote name='Gspoon']I think alot of X MW2 players picked up the game lately I have seen a ton of low level players recently.[/QUOTE]

They won't last long. I've heard their latest gripe is that you level up way too slow.

[quote name='Gspoon']The things that are really pissing me off right know are

Recon - not using motion sensors when we are attacking/defending a crate.
Assault - give me some ammo
Medic - not reviving and not throwing health packs
Engineer - not playing the class as Anti-Vehicle
M1 - stats not saving, after 36 kills and not even a bronze I quit using it entirely.

I think alot of X MW2 players picked up the game lately I have seen a ton of low level players recently.[/QUOTE]

people who put c4 all over the UAV and blow up an objective with it can die in a house fire. :bomb:

[quote name='8bitArtist']people who put c4 all over the UAV and blow up an objective with it can die in a house fire. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

But that's awesome! (I assure I have never done it, not even played the retail game yet) That;s some fresh and original thinking there, and the kind of possibility that other games lack

[quote name='8bitArtist']people who put c4 all over the UAV and blow up an objective with it can die in a house fire. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Can't be as bad as what I experienced in rush the other day. A UAV blocking my way as well as my squads way down the stairs in a building we spawned in. :roll:

I got rammed by a UAV and died last night. Is that even possible? Starting to notice weird glitches but I read up on tracers today and Imma have me some fun with snipers now..heh heh heh

[quote name='carbontiger']I got rammed by a UAV and died last night. Is that even possible? Starting to notice weird glitches but I read up on tracers today and Imma have me some fun with snipers now..heh heh heh[/QUOTE]

you get the airborne roadkill trophy for doing it. of course, getting a roadkill with a UAV is easier than a copter.

and ill say it again. hardcore sucks.
-no spots (if theyre encouraging you to spot, then why take away the positive reenforcement)
-useless prox mines
i feel its harder to play in normal than hardcore, especially against a team that spots.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']Can't be as bad as what I experienced in rush the other day. A UAV blocking my way as well as my squads way down the stairs in a building we spawned in. :roll:[/QUOTE]

id rather be blocked than have a team near dead and have some ass blow up the objectives with a c4 uav. it takes no skill what so ever. be a man and arm it yourself.

[quote name='8bitArtist']id rather be blocked than have a team near dead and have some ass blow up the objectives with a c4 uav. it takes no skill what so ever. be a man and arm it yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I haven't seen people spam a uav with C4 yet. Whenever I'm in a game with somebody, no one seems to have C4.

i was in a 4 on 2 squad rush in the desert level. eventually, it was down to 3 on 1. it took me a while and lots of patience but i managed to capture A only by c4. there was no other way. after I got A, the bastards dropped out. lol

[quote name='enufs8d']i was in a 4 on 2 squad rush in the desert level. eventually, it was down to 3 on 1. it took me a while and lots of patience but i managed to capture A only by c4. there was no other way. after I got A, the bastards dropped out. lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah squad rush is really fun when you get a bunch of your friends in a squad. We should get a game night going on today.

Played an assload of BFBC2 last night with Zenprime, Mister B, Threerandomwords, and Allahbomber. This is easily the most addicted I've been to a game's multiplayer since Red Faction came out last summer. It's a goddamn blast.

I would love to play some squad rush with some of you guys. I played a few last night, but in two of them my team was getting spawn killed (like, the other team literally was in a circle around where we spawned and there was absolutely no chance for me to move), and in the others it was 2v4 or 1v4.

[quote name='8bitArtist']id rather be blocked than have a team near dead and have some ass blow up the objectives with a c4 uav. it takes no skill what so ever. be a man and arm it yourself.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen anybody C4 any of the objective in the matches I"m in. I do it a couple of times but it requires like 12, while the demo you could do it in 6. Actually I think it's awesome that people think outside the box when trying to destroy the objective. If you let a UAV get near it, it's your own team fault, it's not hard to take those down and especially if they're near the ground which it will need to be to destroy the objective with C4.

[quote name='Thongsy']I haven't seen anybody C4 any of the objective in the matches I"m in. I do it a couple of times but it requires like 12, while the demo you could do it in 6. Actually I think it's awesome that people think outside the box when trying to destroy the objective. If you let a UAV get near it, it's your own team fault, it's not hard to take those down and especially if they're near the ground which it will need to be to destroy the objective with C4.[/QUOTE]

on a map like val, its very hard to get the UAV. let me put it this way, c4 on the UAV, its at its maximum altitude, if it is right above the objective thats out in the open, all it has to do is a dive bomb straight down to the objective and then explode. unless youre watching the UAV and nothing else going on, its hard to defend against. its not like its flying low the entire time. its super high, then dive bombs.

i tried to do 8bitArtist's c4 uav trick. so i got on the uav once it opened up then. then i landed the uav next to me. then this fucking idiot on on my team (not squad) shot it to death while i was planting my c4s. how can you mistake an UAV on the ground thats not moving as the bad guy's.

[quote name='enufs8d'].. how can you mistake an UAV on the ground thats not moving as the bad guy's.[/QUOTE]

Probably the same guy who blows up his team's chopper just after it lands to let guys out.

. A Trigger Happy.. FOOL

Unlike if you accidentally, shoot a team mate once that is only a 'flesh wound' if you give them "ammo or health" it makes up for it right?

When your workind on the "Et tu, Bruté?" trophy, do the 'friends' have to be actually on your friends list or do current team mates count. Anyone got this yet?

I'm not going to promote this c4 on the UAV business. I hope everyone doesn't start doing it. Its sounds super cheap and lame. I don't' think DICE planned on people doing it. Thank god people can't really ride on it.

Edit: Alright, I might consider it if we're low on tickets or teammates. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say I do love this game. It's so addictive. I did all of rank 18 in one match. And I wasn't just being a medic the entire round, I was all roles for a good amount of time.

Had some good times yesterday blowing up objectives on Squad Rush.

Throw some C4 by the object, than toss grenades, rpgs, pro pipe all over it. Takes some time, but it'll blow it up and a good method to use when low on tickets. Tried this on Squad Rush only with a few other CAGS.

I know its seen as a fast way to level up, but I really love playing Medic, regardless of the points you earn, and the big clip in the LMGs, I love how teammates gets killed right in front of me and I just revive, revive, revive. Its like night of the living dead in some games. The opposing team must be like, wtf, don't these guys die?!

[quote name='carbontiger']I know its seen as a fast way to level up, but I really love playing Medic, regardless of the points you earn, and the big clip in the LMGs, I love how teammates gets killed right in front of me and I just revive, revive, revive. Its like night of the living dead in some games. The opposing team must be like, wtf, don't these guys die?![/QUOTE]

on the other hand, i HATE medics who revive me knowing im just going to die again. oh no, dont bother killing the guy that killed me and THEN revive me, naw revive me now so i can die again immediately...

or getting revived when i dont want to cuz of low ammo or needing to change class.

[quote name='8bitArtist']on the other hand, i HATE medics who revive me knowing im just going to die again. oh no, dont bother killing the guy that killed me and THEN revive me, naw revive me now so i can die again immediately...

or getting revived when i dont want to cuz of low ammo or needing to change class.[/QUOTE]

I usually try to clear out a threat before reviving. As for the other gripe, I don't know what to tell you, can't read minds...I could not revive you ever if we get a game going? lol

[quote name='8bitArtist']on the other hand, i HATE medics who revive me knowing im just going to die again. oh no, dont bother killing the guy that killed me and THEN revive me, naw revive me now so i can die again immediately...

or getting revived when i dont want to cuz of low ammo or needing to change class.[/QUOTE]

I agree, had this same problem in MAG. If your about to die - medic - don't come and revive me when you see all these guys around, 2 seconds later dead.

If there is no threat and I get a revive, I'm ok even if I have no ammo, there is usually another kit to jump too if that's the case but I could see where your coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='carbontiger']I usually try to clear out a threat before reviving. As for the other gripe, I don't know what to tell you, can't read minds...I could not revive you ever if we get a game going? lol[/QUOTE]

haha, well if we are playing together, we are in a squad so ill tell you to not revive me. you cant read minds, but you do have working ears. ;)

i played squad rush the other day and it was pretty meh. its way to short. plus when you have a cohesive squad like mine and youre playing against 4 random people, you pretty much dominate them. we played like 8 games and won every one. i could see it being fun however if you had an actual squad vs squad match.

Yep, squad rush is pretty boring. I wish they would add a CTF and Squad CTF with four squads against each other. CTF has always been my favorite game mode so I would like to see it here too.

bread's done
Back