Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ***BETA CODES***

wow this game is crazy im enjoying using the vehicles alot. when his game comes out s it going to be mp only or will it have a sp campaign? also whats the hghest number of people that can play online in a game? from what ive seen it looks like theres easily over 30 people online if not more.

I had no interest in this game at all. But I'm consider buying it now. There does seem to be some minor bugs that need to be fix. Such as when weapons don't seem to do any damage at all.

Oh Joy... "Account has been disabled on users request". Whatever the fuck that means. Thanks EA. You really know how to fuck things up.

EDIT: Resolved...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']wow this game is crazy im enjoying using the vehicles alot. when his game comes out s it going to be mp only or will it have a sp campaign? also whats the hghest number of people that can play online in a game? from what ive seen it looks like theres easily over 30 people online if not more.[/QUOTE]

The first game had a solid SP campaign, good even.

Last time I checked I thought they said 12v12 was the max number of players.

Seriously good, but limited, time last night. This one is going to be awesome!

I got one through signing up on IGN, and it didn't work. I can't believe I gave IGN my email for nothing.

Update: I tried to get another one from IGN, and it gave me the exact same one. I'll try again tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']wow this game is crazy im enjoying using the vehicles alot. when his game comes out s it going to be mp only or will it have a sp campaign? also whats the hghest number of people that can play online in a game? from what ive seen it looks like theres easily over 30 people online if not more.[/QUOTE]

There is a SP campaign that will follow the characters from BFBC1, but they have kept all the details under wraps because they want the focus to be on MP right now.

MP is 12v12 max, not sure if there's any way to adjust the numbers since you couldn't have private matches in BFBC1 and I don't recall how it worked in 1943 since I haven't played it in a while.

[quote name='idkblah00']are there any codes left?[/QUOTE]

I got one today from Gamespot.

I like this game a lot so far. I didn't like the first one but this is great. So happy to have bullet drop in a game again. And this time it seems to be done even smarter then just a basic arch for distance. Really seems to depend on your height and angle you are firing from. So the higher you are, the lower you have to aim, and at the same distance but at a lower level you have to pull the end of the gun up a bit higher... At least it seemed. I'll get another look at it soon.

The little "bullet flash" really helps line up shots. I remember having to guess where it landed or hope to see a kick up of dust in Battlefield 2. Kind of makes it easier pinpointing shots from a long distance though I like it.

[quote name='xinoart']aren't codes still available from fileplanet.com? That's where I got mine from.[/QUOTE]

thanks just got the code from them

I got on and played some today. I'm not really likeing it. For me it was spawn run 2 feet and get killed over and over. Only time that didnt happen was when I was able to get in a tank or jeep and then it was get in tank/jeep drive get out die. If I can get the beta for the PC I will give it a shot on that but dont' see much PS3 play of it.

[quote name='sendme']I got on and played some today. I'm not really likeing it. For me it was spawn run 2 feet and get killed over and over. Only time that didnt happen was when I was able to get in a tank or jeep and then it was get in tank/jeep drive get out die. If I can get the beta for the PC I will give it a shot on that but dont' see much PS3 play of it.[/QUOTE]

yeah you die alot in that game ive gotten better and actually finally killed some folks but still most times by the time i find an enemy theyve already started shooting me and im dead. im also not too hapy with how far they respawn you from the main action sometimes you spend alot f time running back to the actual battle.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah you die alot in that game ive gotten better and actually finally killed some folks but still most times by the time i find an enemy theyve already started shooting me and im dead. im also not too hapy with how far they respawn you from the main action sometimes you spend alot f time running back to the actual battle.[/QUOTE]

If you are spawning far from the action, try spawning on top of one of your squad mates. Anyone who is alive in your squad can serve as a forward spawn point, just choose them on that screen that tells you to press X to spawn in 3...2...1...

The way BFBC2 implements this forward spawn is great since it keeps you up in the action unless your whole squad is dead. And if your whole squad is dead that means the enemy is doing good so they should catch a break from forward spawns. It's pretty slick.

This game is amazing. The destructible environments and vehicles push it over the top of MW2 and MAG. And the way you can blow up objectives by either planting charges on it or by blowing it up by other means is a great change too.

Yea, you need to choose the right place to spawn, either back at the base or next to one of your team mates, since playing this beta i havnt touched mw2, i love the 4 wheeler

[quote name='cavie2002']Yea, you need to choose the right place to spawn, either back at the base or next to one of your team mates, since playing this beta i havnt touched mw2, i love the 4 wheeler[/QUOTE]

that thing is awesome all of the vehicles are prety cool especaly if you run people over with them lol. still havent gotten the chance to use one of those drones yet but i have blown up a couple of humvees with tanks. ill try what you all mentioned as far as the spawns go.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah you die alot in that game ive gotten better and actually finally killed some folks but still most times by the time i find an enemy theyve already started shooting me and im dead. im also not too hapy with how far they respawn you from the main action sometimes you spend alot f time running back to the actual battle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Battlefield series has always had issues with spawn camping. Why I liked the PC versions better because they could enforce server rules frowning on this.

BTW, did you know you can spawn on any of your squad mates? Try hitting the directional buttons up or down I think after you are killed to select them. Then hit X after the respawn timer is ready.

Played for a bit yesterday. Got rank 5 in just 2 rounds. I like it better then the first bad company. I've been playing the BF series since the original on PC so i'm looking forward to this one too.

I received my beta code from GameSpot. BC2 is actually really fun. I was expecting a lot less considering the quality of the first game, but BC2 is quite an improvement.

I don't seem to figure out all the controls :oops:

How do you detonate a C4 pack with the trigger?
How do you deploy a parachute after you jump off a building?

[quote name='eau']I don't seem to figure out all the controls :oops:

How do you detonate a C4 pack with the trigger?
How do you deploy a parachute after you jump off a building?[/QUOTE]

Plant C4 with L1 and set it off with R1 with the trigger equipped.

Hit X as you are falling to use the chute. I just spam it on the way down.

anyone wanna squad up with me, my psn name is EightBitArtist. im usually in with two of my other friends and we usually rip up on the other team (just tonight myself and those 2 guys won a game that was 3 on 11). you will need a mic though so we can talk to you and coordinate our movements.

[quote name='smiggity']This game isnt bad....For sure an Improvement over the 1st one. Tanks are still overpowered though[/QUOTE]

i dont think tanks are overpowered, i mean, theyre an instant kill with 3 c4 charges or get a few engineers to pummel them with rockets. i just hate how they constantly respawn. its to the point where on my squad of 4 in the first round, 3 of us are always engineers and 1 is recon because the tanks just keep coming.

The Rush mode seems to be a lot better here compared to BC1's beta in that it's not more than a 90% chance that the attacking team will get through all of the points and win.

I got my code from EA twitter, also see bad company 2 twitter give out a lot of codes. Check the leader boards and about more than 110k people have the beta.

So whats the verdict on this game? Is it better than MW2? I only ask, because I only have enough money for one fps multi shooter. Not gonna invest in two...

Graphics for bad company 2 definitely look a lot better...

It shouldn't be hard to get into the beta and see for yourself since it seems like it'll be around for a while (say it's done on 2/28/10 in its information profile). DICE has been posting codes on Twitter and probably Facebook, too, so there are a ton of codes out there.

I've played a couple of hours and it's a lot of fun. I haven't played Modern Warfare 2 to compare, but I'm having more fun than I had in my limited time with the first Modern Warfare and Bad Company. I like the huge amount of unlockables for each class, vehicles, and other ways to play the game. I like the way rush mode is more balanced here than what I played of BC's beta, as I've been able to win on defense and offense most of the time and it's a well-balanced game. Tanks can be a bit overwhelming for the first alpha/beta area, but their usefulness shrinks the further I've gotten into a match. It's even been a good beta for working with others cooperatively whether I know them or can talk to them, which could change by the time the general public gets their hands on it. It could be coming out at a good time as people may get all they can out of MW2 by March and want something new, though IW could counteract that by releasing new map packs a week or two before BC2 is out.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It could be coming out at a good time as people may get all they can out of MW2 by March and want something new, though IW could counteract that by releasing new map packs a week or two before BC2 is out.[/QUOTE]

I've been saying on my podcast numerous times I'll bet that the first MW 2 DLC pack will come out the week of this game's release, given the past history of CoD map pack releases (well with 3, 4, and WatW at least.) They've had a March map pack each of the last 3 years.

bread's done
Back