Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition - Free overnight + Beta access

TURBO

CAGiversary!
*note: The PC version of the beta will be Free & available in Dec.
Demos will be out for PC, 360 & PS3 early next year.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2009/11/04/battlefield-bad-company-2-ps3-beta-begins-19-november-2009.aspx

GameStop is offering Free Overnight Shipping ($10 value) and access to the PS3 beta (Beta starts Nov 19) with pre-order of the Limited Edition.

*note: the Limited Edition is the same price as the regular; but it's only available to the first people who purchase the game. pre-order guarantees you get one.

http://www.gamestop.com/thedeal

BFBCps3PFT_5F00_LimEd.jpg

p.s. - see my sig as to why you should support this game if you play PC games; or want to play PC games in the future.

HD BFBC2 Beta Trailer

Sounds nice, but the LE is nothing special...

LE comes with digital add-on for vehicle and weapon:

The Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition comes with:
  • 4 x Vehicle Warfare Unlocks
    • Improved Vehicle Armor – An Up-Armor package mounted on all vehicle types decreases the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
    • Vehicle Alternate Fire - Additional weapon packages mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expands the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
    • Vehicle Motion Sensor – Upgraded Sensor to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
    • Tracer Dart Pistol – Launched by compressed air, this magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allows friendly shoulder launched rockets to lock on to and track moving targets even beyond line of sight.
  • 2 x Classic Battlefield 1943 Weapons
    • M1A1 Submachine Gun – Popular with Paratrooper and Commando units in WW2 for its rate of fire and stopping power the M1A1 is still seen in the hands of paramilitaries today. Reliable but heavy, this classic weapon is still a powerful force in the hands of a Battlefield Veteran.
    • M1911 Pistol – Adopted in 1911 by the US Army the M1911 saw heavy service in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam. Highly customized M1911 are still favored by Special Operations forces for its reliability and the power of its large .45 caliber round

That LE is better than nothing, I guess. I wonder if it'll at least come with some fancy outer packaging? =D

Btw, already pre-ordered. Can't wait to try it out.

[quote name='Serpentor']Sounds nice, but the LE is nothing special...

LE comes with digital add-on for vehicle and weapon:

[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

but a least you dont have to pay extra money like resident evil 5 you know what i mean

PC gamers out there need to support this game and 1943 when it also arrives on PC. For that matter all gamers should support those devs that listen and respond to the gaming communities they serve whether PC or console. I pre-ordered this as soon as it was announced!

To preorder online via GS, do I need to pay up(do they charge you full price right away?) or is it like Amazon where you only pay once it ships?

Awesome, I just preordered a copy online! This is my first time doing so on Gamestop.com, but do they charge the full amount immediately or wait to charge the credit card until the game is shipped?

[quote name='nflsonic']Awesome, I just preordered a copy online! This is my first time doing so on Gamestop.com, but do they charge the full amount immediately or wait to charge the credit card until the game is shipped?[/QUOTE]

They wait usually.

[quote name='nflsonic']Awesome, I just preordered a copy online! This is my first time doing so on Gamestop.com, but do they charge the full amount immediately or wait to charge the credit card until the game is shipped?[/QUOTE]They don't bill until shipping, for either an online pre-order or an in-store pickup pre-order.

So if you pre-order this game from Lamestop, and use the beta code they provided, what happens if you change your mind about the game right before it comes out? Will they let you cancel your pre-order if you decide you don't want the game after all?

[quote name='sTaTIx']So if you pre-order this game from Lamestop, and use the beta code they provided, what happens if you change your mind about the game right before it comes out? Will they let you cancel your pre-order if you decide you don't want the game after all?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You're not paying for beta access, thats a perk of preordering. I've done it a few times w/ things like this, usually because I end up finding the game cheaper online, but GS has the damn exclusive access crap.

[quote name='sTaTIx']So if you pre-order this game from Lamestop, and use the beta code they provided, what happens if you change your mind about the game right before it comes out? Will they let you cancel your pre-order if you decide you don't want the game after all?[/QUOTE]I'm not a fan of GS either. But free overnight shipping is a nice perk if you want to play it at launch. If that saves you $5 on gas, that's a savings right? ;)

The problem with pre-ordering from Gamestop is that I already have the exact same game pre-ordered for ~$35 cheaper at Amazon (after discounts, coupon, gift-credit, no tax, etc.).

Not to mention you'll be able to find the game at a ~$20 discount shortly after release (at various websites, with coupons).

I don't know if I'm desperate enough to cheat to get into the beta yet, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...was looking at the MAG preorder and IF they send you the beta code...THEY WONT LET YOU CANCEL!

"Notice: Once your beta code has been emailed, you will not be able to cancel your order"

So if you are preordering just for the beta, you might have to pay up $65. I did and will cancel ASAP but I did use a CC(giftcard) with $1 in it so technically Im safe right????

[quote name='darknight88']Hmm...was looking at the MAG preorder and IF they send you the beta code...THEY WONT LET YOU CANCEL!

"Notice: Once your beta code has been emailed, you will not be able to cancel your order"

So if you are preordering just for the beta, you might have to pay up $65. I did and will cancel ASAP but I did use a CC(giftcard) with $1 in it so technically Im safe right????[/QUOTE]

pre-order the game instore, if they give you crap about canceling tell them you will just return the game a minute after you bought it in January. If they are going to give you crap then its only fair you make them go through the trouble of returning the game 30 seconds later...

You guys think that the pre-ordering in store on November 19th will get you a Beta Access code in person?

Or is this an online deal only.

PS3 beta keys will "supposedly" be available for IGN Insider & Founder Club members.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1042663p1.html

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']Yes. You're not paying for beta access, thats a perk of preordering. I've done it a few times w/ things like this, usually because I end up finding the game cheaper online, but GS has the damn exclusive access crap.[/QUOTE]

I believe they started this policy of not letting you cancel once the key is sent, remember Call of Duty WaW last year when everyone was pre-ordering and canceling to get the beta key. I'd expect it to work that way from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KansasFF']I got my beta key already from my GameStop.com preorder.[/QUOTE]
Damn you. When do I get mine?

Yep, BC2 is a huge step up from the first game, which BC1 was a console only game at the time. With full destruction, more vehicles, class customization, perks, refined gameplay & all the extras DICE has added it may not beat COD: MW2 but it will definitely give it a run for it's money or I should say our money.

Their are a few more in game videos & dev interviews on GameTrailers.com if anyone wants to check them out.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This game looks incredible. Check out some footage from the beta:

http://kotaku.com/5398997/heres-what-youll-miss-in-the-bad-company-2-multiplayer-beta#comments[/QUOTE]

Ill shop at gamestop again when they put a notice out that if you buy a "new" game that doesnt come with the security seal still intact, you get it half off or at least "used" game price.

[quote name='Diad']Ill shop at gamestop again when they put a notice out that if you buy a "new" game that doesnt come with the security seal still intact, you get it half off or at least "used" game price.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Sadly I'll probably end up /cancel my preorder so I can get a real copy from amazon. I generally don't support a company that sells games as 'new' when they have been taken home and played by employees.

[quote name='Hudson187']I'm not seeing the "Free Overnight Shipping" deal for the PC version - is this dead?[/QUOTE]well the deal is just for the PS3 version right now. no idea why.

for PC i would keep an eye on amazon if you have Prime. they will probably offer release day delivery free, which accomplishes the same thing as overnight.

the game is okay, but nowhere near what the trailers and gameplay I saw early on. I tried the demo on the 360 and expected more, but got less. I wasn't as impressed so i'll wait for a deal that offers a gift card with the game like tru. Nice to see a pre order bonus though

bread's done
Back