Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Discussion

To me it seems like the lag is solved? at least I dont notice it really often and now when i press join game I usually end up on a Euro server. So it seems to be fine to me now.

I really like the game more and more though it can be a little frustrating being a sniper and having a tank bombing the building and noone is trying to destroy the tank (specially if you already used the mortar strike to take out another target)

Also like that fact that the bullets are projectiles so you have to shot infront of the enemy when he is running and also count in the bullet drop if you are sniping from long range, makes sniping more fun imo and def more satisfying taking down a target.

And SEH, bc2 will kill mw2, at least for me :)

[quote name='freddy_']
And SEH, bc2 will kill mw2, at least for me :)[/QUOTE]

In the end, that's all that matters. Game on, bro!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/52766/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-PC-Beta-Patch-Released

I'm really really liking the game now. I guess I just wasn't used to it but now that I've played 5 or so lag-free matches I'm definitely buying this game when I get the spare cash.[/QUOTE]

I'm with Hydro on this. First night I played I was annoyed at how bad the lag was and how much of a snipefest the map is (still kinda is). But I found a server was a ping around 60 (not FANTASTIC, but playable) and played 90 minutes without even noticing. Fun stuff! Will probably play every day until the beta ends and then end up buying it on release (if my wallet permits it).

I am really digging this game. If you ever see me in-game, my name is 'kast'. Add me as a friend, but from what I've been reading, 'friending' isn't working properly.

I haven't experienced any lag, and the gameplay is awesome is you like team-oriented/objective based gaming. MW2 is more about kills and padding stats IMO.

Friends works fine now. The game has improved tremendously since the beta launched, however, there are still some issues. There is still lag somewhat frequently, being able to sticky the UAV and fly it into the bombsite and explode it to win is lame, some overall weapon choices are dumb, etc...

However, I feel that a lot/all of this should be fixed by launch. I went from being really kind of put off by this game to being pretty excited for it. It sucks that the beta is only one map though because you know once retail hits, NOBODY is going to want to play that map anymore.

[quote name='SEH']...being able to sticky the UAV and fly it into the bombsite and explode it to win is lame...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've noticed that people are just trying to blow up the bombsite rather then activate it. I was circling it and some guy came riding in on an ATV jumped off at the last moment and it exploded killing a couple of us and the bomb. When it went to the killcam, the guy was just sitting right where he parachuted in with his C4 detonator out. Really annoying.

[quote name='SEH']It sucks that the beta is only one map though because you know once retail hits, NOBODY is going to want to play that map anymore.[/QUOTE]

I probably still will! I like this map. I didn't at first because it seemed so sniper friendly (especially that first point) but the more I played the more I liked it. But I can see myself playing this map even after release. It's kind of like 2fort in TF2. That map has been around for over 10 years. But I still go back to it every now and then cause it's still fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
First part of the map is the most sniperfriendly part of the map, however its still hard to be a good sniper with the bulletdrops and what not, so its not really a problem imo.

The bomsites should be fixed so they can only be destroyed by activating them.
Sucks when they rush down and throw a lot of C4 on it or take a tank and just camping on the hill and bombing the bombsite from there.

Didnt know you could sticky the uav though XD

[quote name='SEH']It sucks that the beta is only one map though because you know once retail hits, NOBODY is going to want to play that map anymore.[/QUOTE]

Lol this is true. Though Battlefield is all about the Conquest mode imo.

[quote name='itami']For anyone that didn't get keys I've got some I'm selling.[/QUOTE]

...seriously? So you registered to these sites multiple times, got a handful of keys, and are now selling them? GTFO.

[quote name='freddy_']First part of the map is the most sniperfriendly part of the map, however its still hard to be a good sniper with the bulletdrops and what not, so its not really a problem imo.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to be a sniper with the damn killcam!

The greatest thing about the first battlefield (1942) is that you can be a sniper and sneak behind the lines. You can prone 600 yards from their airfield and start taking heads off. With no killcam, they had no chance of telling where you were. So all they could do was jump around and strafe while waiting for a plane to spawn. The sight of 5 guys jumping around the airfield randomly because of my sniping is one best gaming moments ever. Of course even with all those jumping I could still get some of them.

Then there were times in a map where a really good sniper could lock down a bridge on one part of the map for the whole match because he kept killing everybody that crossed. With no killcam we couldn't figure out where the hell he was. Annoying? Yes. Realistic? Yes. More fun? Definitely.

[quote name='freddy_']
The bomsites should be fixed so they can only be destroyed by activating them.
Sucks when they rush down and throw a lot of C4 on it or take a tank and just camping on the hill and bombing the bombsite from there.

Didnt know you could sticky the uav though XD[/QUOTE]

This is how it has been since the first BF. Of course then we had planes to blow those tanks to pieces from the sky.

If you think about it, in real life a tank commander won't go rushing into a city infested with guys with bazookas.

FYI, Amazon is sending out codes now for pre-orders. Why the hell didn't they alert people that they would be getting beta codes? Could've saved people a lot of hassle I'd imagine. . .

[quote name='Actionhank']It's hard to be a sniper with the damn killcam!

The greatest thing about the first battlefield (1942) is that you can be a sniper and sneak behind the lines. You can prone 600 yards from their airfield and start taking heads off. With no killcam, they had no chance of telling where you were. So all they could do was jump around and strafe while waiting for a plane to spawn. The sight of 5 guys jumping around the airfield randomly because of my sniping is one best gaming moments ever. Of course even with all those jumping I could still get some of them.

Then there were times in a map where a really good sniper could lock down a bridge on one part of the map for the whole match because he kept killing everybody that crossed. With no killcam we couldn't figure out where the hell he was. Annoying? Yes. Realistic? Yes. More fun? Definitely.

This is how it has been since the first BF. Of course then we had planes to blow those tanks to pieces from the sky.

If you think about it, in real life a tank commander won't go rushing into a city infested with guys with bazookas.[/QUOTE]

Kill cams are a bit annoying yeah but they are still better then in cod, at least they dont reveal as much, but I guess we have to deal with the cams during the beta until retail is out and ppl got servers without killcams.

No ofc tanks would do that in real life but its not really fun to defend something when they are just on the hill bombing :p
then again i can just send some mortar on him.

still I enjoy the game specially when there is somewhat even teams so there is some fighting over the bombsites.

Finally got around to checking this out tonight and played for an hour as recon. I must've missed all the bad servers/lag because I didn't experience any issues like people were talking about. Gun damage seems fine, too. I love that sniper rifles have bullet flight and you actually have to lead targets plus plan trajectory. Pulled off a few moving target headshots and was in heaven. Only problem now is finding time to play between the clusterfuck of releases this spring.

Is there any way to get a Beta Key for the PC yet without preordering?

I want to play the PC version, I want to see what Version feels better playing but dont want to order the pc version without playing the demo first. I am thinking of 360 version or the PC

[quote name='maingon']Is there any way to get a Beta Key for the PC yet without preordering?[/QUOTE]
There were a few giveaways when the beta launched, but it's less than two weeks from ending so pre-ordering is your last chance really. Just get one from Amazon since they aren't being dicks about canceling like GameShit.

[quote name='maingon']Is there any way to get a Beta Key for the PC yet without preordering?

I want to play the PC version, I want to see what Version feels better playing but dont want to order the pc version without playing the demo first. I am thinking of 360 version or the PC[/QUOTE]

Most of the LAN store in NYC have it installed. Perhaps, some in your area may have it so you can check it out.

Sounds like a pretty good update. I was really into this for the first few days then I got distracted by Stalker and Oblivion modding. I'll have to jump in for a little bit more before the beta's over.

Anyone want to start a 2142 squad/team/league/whatever-we-can-get instead of playing Bad Company 2? :cool:

I've been trying to get people back into it for months but I've been re-inspired by this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4P1FH27nA

I could listen to people yelling at others to spot enemies for hours. :drool:

And no snipers allowed.

Is this a relatively noob friendly game? I've never played any of the previous Battlefield games. I've got a 25% coupon (birthday) with the EA store which I can use for the pre-order special. Getting Battlefield BC 2 and Battlefield 2142 for about $40 is pretty tempting.

Why does the date in the thread title say the 9th? I've checked all over and every place still says the 2nd. Did this get pushed back and people have yet to be informed?

It's still the 2nd for US.

Idiots don't know how to read release dates. The European release date isn't even that late.

[quote name='Guerrilla']I may have to drop my :360: preorder if they fixed lag on the :pc:...[/QUOTE]

The lag has been fixed for the most part. It was only really apparent when the beta first went live. There is still some, but it's nowhere near as bad/rampant.

[quote name='Jodou']Don't get your panties in a twist; I'm a busy man and had FFXIII on the brain. Too many games coming out, FML![/QUOTE]

Calm down, bro. There's no math involved, it's just reading numbers, and you STILL failed. No excuses for that.

And now you're fantasizing about me wearing women's underwear? Idiot AND a pervert.

[quote name='kilm']And now you're fantasizing about me wearing women's underwear? Idiot AND a pervert.[/QUOTE]
Well I just assumed you wear panties because you stalk me in threads like a woman scorned. You can keep trying to make a name for yourself by taking shots at the big dog, but it's getting pathetic now.

[quote name='Jodou'] You can keep trying to make a name for yourself by taking shots at the big dog, but it's getting pathetic now.[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot, just do everyone a favor and shut up.

[quote name='cgarb84']You're an idiot, just do everyone a favor and shut up.[/QUOTE]
Telling him to shut up in his own thread? lol. Too much Jodou hate here.

Anyways what's the overall consensus on the beta? Is it up to BF2 standards? I'm trying to decide if I should get this on steam for $50 with the few extra features (and that beautiful steam convenience) or wait on goozex for a while with my half off points. Also does it have a commander or just squad leaders? I always had fun dropping supplies to squish snipers.

And thank god it has dedicated servers. I was afraid match making was going to catch on and I wouldn't be able to buy another fps again.

[quote name='DrFoo']Telling him to shut up in his own thread? lol. Too much Jodou hate here.[/QUOTE]Haha, I love it man. I can make people rage with a flick of the wrist.
Anyways what's the overall consensus on the beta? Is it up to BF2 standards? I'm trying to decide if I should get this on steam for $50 with the few extra features (and that beautiful steam convenience) or wait on goozex for a while with my half off points. Also does it have a commander or just squad leaders? I always had fun dropping supplies to squish snipers.

And thank god it has dedicated servers. I was afraid match making was going to catch on and I wouldn't be able to buy another fps again.
Back on topic, I only played it for roughly an hour before I was sold. Not sure if the commander mechanic is back, but I wouldn't miss it anyways. As far as BF2 standards, it sure feels like the good ole days but it will take a lot of playtime to be sure. All I know is sniping takes skill this time around, with drop and bullet flight, so I'm really digging it.

I hated BF2, but I love BC2. The beta originally was pretty bad/mediocre, but they've gotten it to a point where its pretty damn fun. Only complaint is its one map, so it gets a little stale, however that's not really a slight on the game itself.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm leaning towards getting it on steam... although maybe I'll just see where I end up in line on Goozex first. I hate not getting in on multiplayer games early.

I also like that there aren't jets in the game (at least that's what I have heard). Jets in BF2 were annoying. Their only counter was other jets and if the other team had a couple of aces you had to get ready to be bombed mercilessly.

The game is $42 on GamersGate right now, if Steam matches I'm canceling my hard copy preorder and grabbing it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']The game is $42 on GamersGate right now, if Steam matches I'm canceling my hard copy preorder and grabbing it there.[/QUOTE]
Hoping Amazon drops it to $40 to match their $20 bonus for consoles since it's $45 right now. BTW, double-check your Amazon order if you're getting it for PC. Mine didn't update in price after a solid week, so I finally had to email them to get it changed. They're really getting sloppy about pre-order price guarantees.

Damn those maps look pretty sweet. I like the night & autumn theme. Shit this sucks. I've got NO money to spend on games and there are way too many good ones coming out.

[quote name='Jodou']Well I just assumed you wear panties because you stalk me in threads like a woman scorned. You can keep trying to make a name for yourself by taking shots at the big dog, but it's getting pathetic now.[/QUOTE]

lolumad, kid? Justifying your fantasies about me? Uh......... creepy

Stalking? Delusional much? I wasn't even talking to you and you insisted to respond to me. Keep raging, bro.

and "big dog?" LOL, you're a bitch, not a big dog. You give yourself WAY too much credit over the intrawebz and THAT'S pathetic.

[quote name='kilm']Stalking? Delusional much? I wasn't even talking to you and you insisted to respond to me.[/QUOTE]
The fact of the matter is you follow me from thread to thread and persist in reminding us you continue to infect the earth. You cling to the same flames over and over, offering your non-factor taunts like a child flailing wildly after his dolly was taken away. It's obvious I've been under your skin for a while now, so watching you cry is comedy gold.

Unless you can muster something that warrants my attention, I suggest you run along.

[quote name='Jodou']The fact of the matter is you follow me from thread to thread and persist in reminding us you continue to infect the earth. You cling to the same flames over and over, offering your non-factor taunts like a child flailing wildly after his dolly was taken away. It's obvious I've been under your skin for a while now, so watching you cry is comedy gold.

Unless you can muster something that warrants my attention, I suggest you run along.[/QUOTE]

You're REALLY mad about not being able to read a few numbers in sequence, geez.

Wow, you're seriously taking it personally. It's gone from pathetic to just plain sad with you. Looks like I need to explain it to you.

I don't keep track of my posts nor who I respond to. You clearly do and it seems that I'm getting under your skin if you notice how often I respond to you. If someone says something stupid or is an idiot, I'm going to mention it. If, by trend, you stay really stupid things very frequently, I'm going to mention it regardless of who you are. That must be where you get this pattern of my responding to you or as you, in paranoid fashion, put it, "stalking." You're just an idiot on the internet, plain and simple.

And you take it as some kind of personal grudge? Are you so desperate for my internet attention that you must fabricate some kind of conflict with me? You make yourself out to be some kind of incredibly sensitive girl who takes herself WAY too seriously and now you've got me feeling bad that I've stepped over your feelings. You've got some personal issues that you need to work out. I suggest heading over to the CAG blogs. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php

Your tail is between your legs, bitch.

I'm just glad I was able to get the beta running smoothly for myself, I was on 5 month old beta GPU drivers (nvidia) and they must have sucked balls. Until I updated them to the newest beta drivers I couldn't play this or Bioshock 2. But now both games run great for me.

[quote name='Jodou']The fact of the matter is you follow me from thread to thread and persist in reminding us you continue to infect the earth. You cling to the same flames over and over, offering your non-factor taunts like a child flailing wildly after his dolly was taken away. It's obvious I've been under your skin for a while now, so watching you cry is comedy gold.

Unless you can muster something that warrants my attention, I suggest you run along.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kilm']You're REALLY mad about not being able to read a few numbers in sequence, geez.

Wow, you're seriously taking it personally. It's gone from pathetic to just plain sad with you. Looks like I need to explain it to you.

I don't keep track of my posts nor who I respond to. You clearly do and it seems that I'm getting under your skin if you notice how often I respond to you. If someone says something stupid or is an idiot, I'm going to mention it. If, by trend, you stay really stupid things very frequently, I'm going to mention it regardless of who you are. That must be where you get this pattern of my responding to you or as you, in paranoid fashion, put it, "stalking." You're just an idiot on the internet, plain and simple.

And you take it as some kind of personal grudge? Are you so desperate for my internet attention that you must fabricate some kind of conflict with me? You make yourself out to be some kind of incredibly sensitive girl who takes herself WAY too seriously and now you've got me feeling bad that I've stepped over your feelings. You've got some personal issues that you need to work out. I suggest heading over to the CAG blogs. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php

Your tail is between your legs, bitch.[/QUOTE]

Hate to play nanny but I'm gonna report you guys if you keep this shit up, I like this thread but it's starting to go WAY off topic.

bread's done
Back