Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Discussion

Yeah, as much as I hate this game, had this been released over the summer, or even a month or two ago, I would've played it. Now, with Black Ops coming tomorrow, I really couldn't care less.

Too little too late in this case.

[quote name='SEH']Too little too late in this case.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't understand the mentality at all. Are they trying to compete with the Black Ops release somehow? Waiting until the week of release to put out a new map pack is not the way to do it lol.

I don't think putting out a new free map pack really constitutes as trying to compete.

I'm really pumped for this map pack though. I never played the first bad Company and didn't even touch the single player on the current game so everything will be very new for me!

I wasn't getting black ops to begin with anyway. Definitely pumped for Vietnam though.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']
I never played the first bad Company and didn't even touch the single player on the current game so everything will be very new for me!
[/QUOTE]

x2. bring it on

Just fucking wow. So nearly ONE YEAR LATER, DICE has finally patched in the SPECACT kits for PC. The best part? The bundle is $5 at the EAStore. After waiting this long and being ROBBED of getting them through the Dr. Pepper promotion, this should have been free.

Among other reasons, I will not be buying BF3. DICE can fuck off.

[quote name='Jodou']Just fucking wow. So nearly ONE YEAR LATER, DICE has finally patched in the SPECACT kits for PC. The best part? The bundle is $5 at the EAStore. After waiting this long and being ROBBED of getting them through the Dr. Pepper promotion, this should have been free.

Among other reasons, I will not be buying BF3. DICE can fuck off.[/QUOTE]

Yet another reason why I can't mess with retail. That's crazy.

Doubt it. Last I saw them mention Onslaught, they seemed completely baffled as to how to implement it for PC players.

[quote name='Jodou']Just fucking wow. So nearly ONE YEAR LATER, DICE has finally patched in the SPECACT kits for PC. The best part? The bundle is $5 at the EAStore. After waiting this long and being ROBBED of getting them through the Dr. Pepper promotion, this should have been free.

Among other reasons, I will not be buying BF3. DICE can fuck off.[/QUOTE]
Dude...it's a camo and uniform pack. Who gives a shit? Have fun not playing Battle Field 3 because you are all butthurt over your uniform and gun camo. lol.

On another note; totally pumped for Vietnam!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/03/b...tnam-includes-unlockable-team-chal/#continued

"Much like it did with Battlefield 1943, developer DICE will add an additional map, Operation Hastings, once a community challenge is met in the multiplayer expansion Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. However, this time DICE isn't making the challenge a collective kill count of 43 million. In keeping more with the spirit of cooperation in the game, the map will unlock once the community accomplishes 69 million team actions."

This really is an impressive amount of content for $15. I'm a little surprised that there is next to no buzz for this content anywhere online.

[quote name='testisbest']Am I the only sucker on here that is still waiting for Steam to email the activation code already?[/QUOTE]

If you right click on your BC2 game in your games list then go to "View Game CD Key" you should have your Vietnam key in there. At least that is where I found mine, and I haven't gotten an email yet either.

[quote name='AK85']If you right click on your BC2 game in your games list then go to "View Game CD Key" you should have your Vietnam key in there. At least that is where I found mine, and I haven't gotten an email yet either.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. I actually tried that a few times this morning with no luck. Worked in the afternoon though.

Hey, if anyone plays the game still, can you please add me?

In-Game Name: CheapAssRed

I just got it for PC, but I played it quite a bit on PS3.

My impression so far of Vietnam is quite good.

My only really complaint is that Vantage Point is a shitty map on both Conquest and Rush; what were the devs thinking?

Does anyone know if I buy it from D2D, will I be able to use it with my EA store version of the regular BFBC2?

It's like $11 at D2D with the 20% off coupon, hoping I could get it from them .

Has nothing to do with PC gaming being dead, but rather the fact that the majority of those who play shooters on consoles are 13 year old retards who have no clue what teamwork is.

[quote name='GrimmGrinn']Can I purchase Vietnam from EA store if I have BC2 retail? or do I have to buy it from retail too?[/QUOTE]

Yep you get a code to enter in the latest version of BC2. You'll notice that you can toggle to Vietnam and BC2 menus. You log in and enter it somewhere in there.

Edit: don't purchase it on Steam or have it gifted to you even though all you get is a code. If you had Vietnam on Steam but not BC2 via gifting you won't be able to see the code unless you also have BC2 on Steam.

Just got Vietnam from the $10 go green coupon or whatever. The game feels so spooky in some levels, DICE did a very good job with the jungle setting. I'm just bummed there's no single player campaign to go with it.

One major complaint though, where the hell is my zoom sensitivity level? They left the sensitivity zoomed the same as unzoomed which makes it hard as hell to control finely.

Anyone know a good time to find games in the base game? I can never find multiplayer, I haven't made it into one match since I bought it from the holiday sale.

[quote name='Atomslayer']Anyone know a good time to find games in the base game? I can never find multiplayer, I haven't made it into one match since I bought it from the holiday sale.[/QUOTE]

dont pick squad rush. quick match can stick you in SR too.

[quote name='Atomslayer']Anyone know a good time to find games in the base game? I can never find multiplayer, I haven't made it into one match since I bought it from the holiday sale.[/QUOTE]

I usually get a full 3-4 pages on my list AFTER sorting full, empty, HC and passworded. Something must be wrong with your copy or your router. Steam auto updates, right?

Re-installed this yesterday to try it out with my new rig. Is there a reason that changing the FOV in my settings file doesn't do anything anymore? The default 55 is fucking garbage. In the past I've been able to change it, but now no matter what I set it to, the game runs at 55. It's doing the same thing for my friends. Was there a patch the removed the ability to change FOV?

I just bought this game and got it yesterday.
So i thought i play in the evening.
I can see the servers, but i can't connect to any of them.
What is going on? I read of port forwarding, trigger this etc...
Why do i have to do that.
Or if i do, how can i get this game to work so i can play multiplayer.
This is an outrage, i say. :bomb:

Oh, i use Windows Xp64, have a netgear router and any other game works fine. Great that companies make games unplayable or require you do jump through hoops.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Is your game updated to the latest version?[/QUOTE]

Yes, after installation it updated (which took almost an hour). I checked into the ports and forwarded ports and triggered some. I am a noob once it comes to routers.
I see all the servers, but can not connect to any of them.
Punkbuster is updated.
It does run on WinXP64 or? I read somewhere that it may not.
But i haven't found any real fix to this. Now i played some more with the ports and will try it out. If that doesn't work i just take my router out of the equation.

I tried it without my router and it still gives me an error.
Great game i say.
This is really the last game i every bought for the PC from EA.fuck

[quote name='SEH']Its not the game, it's your PC dude. If EVERY person was having this problem, you'd have a case.[/QUOTE]

If you check the EA forum, there are a lot of people with the same problem. And if my PC were the problem, i still can play COD4MW fine. So its not a hardware issue.
I can accept if for example my Windows might be a problem. 64bit is always touchy.
But that i can not get any connection to any server has to be something else.

Anyway, apparently no one here has the problem. So maybe you are right. To me its the last time i buy a EA PC product. I rather play it on console. (perhaps that is what they want anyway).

[quote name='yester']If you check the EA forum, there are a lot of people with the same problem. And if my PC were the problem, i still can play COD4MW fine. So its not a hardware issue.
I can accept if for example my Windows might be a problem. 64bit is always touchy.
But that i can not get any connection to any server has to be something else.

Anyway, apparently no one here has the problem. So maybe you are right. To me its the last time i buy a EA PC product. I rather play it on console. (perhaps that is what they want anyway).[/QUOTE]

do any of them have a fix?

[quote name='paz9x']do any of them have a fix?[/QUOTE]

As far as i can see no.
I triggered a customer services request at EA and waiting for an answer, but i don't know.
So sad to buy something and can not even use it. At least not with multiplayer.

It pops out that the game runs fine under Windows XP 32bit.
This was not indicated anywhere.
So after installing the 32bit version i can play the game fine. The customer support insisted on firewall etc.. even mentioning did not change the course.
Very troublesome.
So in the end, it was not my computer. Sadly i had to toss 64bit in favor for a game.

Take care

Got this in today's Steam sale and I can't get online. I can get into my EA account, but after accepting the terms it says "can't log in" or something to that effect and drops me back at the EA login screen. (Then, just for kicks, it makes me reenter my password even though I checked "remember password."

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back