Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

Conquest mode is bullshit, I don't even play it any more.

In Conquest, the team that reduces the other teams tickets to zero first wins. Capturing the points only adds a spawn point for your team. The mode is essentially team death match with spawn points you can capture if you want.

So don't kill yourself to capture a flag, it's not worth it.

At least in Rush, attackers have to complete the objectives if they want to win. Conquest isn't even an objective based game.

Unless I am completely missing something?

[quote name='menikmati']I thought it was the other way around.[/QUOTE]

It is lol, the defenders defend the base not attack it and that is why they're called defenders and not attackers.

I finally picked the game up from Dell and gave it a go yesterday. I must say that I am beginning to love it. And although I do not do nearly as well on a personal level as I do in MW2, the whole teamwork thing and winning games has gone pretty well so far.

Definitely took some getting used to; the aiming still feels floaty to me.

Do bronze, silver, etc. stars increase the effectiveness of your weapons? I heard a rumor but no one can confirm.

Also, wtf to getting the Thompson bronze after 25 Garand kills.

[quote name='Puffa469']Conquest mode is bullshit, I don't even play it any more.

In Conquest, the team that reduces the other teams tickets to zero first wins. Capturing the points only adds a spawn point for your team. The mode is essentially team death match with spawn points you can capture if you want.

So don't kill yourself to capture a flag, it's not worth it.

At least in Rush, attackers have to complete the objectives if they want to win. Conquest isn't even an objective based game.

Unless I am completely missing something?[/QUOTE]

If you hold more flags the ticket counter of the other team will deplete regardless if they're dying or not, though it seems slow in this game compared to other BF games.

[quote name='GenPirate']It is lol, the defenders defend the base not attack it and that is why they're called defenders and not attackers.[/QUOTE]

yeah.... I'm not sure how I got it backwards. Probably shouldn't wait till late at night to answer questions

[quote name='whiptcracker']If you hold more flags the ticket counter of the other team will deplete regardless if they're dying or not, though it seems slow in this game compared to other BF games.[/QUOTE]

It goes so slow that it's still not worth capping flags if you don't want to. It's nice to box the enemy into their original spawn if you can, but kills are still most important.

DICE screwed conquest in Bad Company 1. Whoever thought that rush was better than conquest at that company probably shouldn't be making executive decisions anymore. Conquest was Battlefield. Hopefully they bring back the real conquest for Battlefield 3. The whole Bad Company series has been a let down. In the real conquest if you control a majority of the flags the other teams tickets go down.

[quote name='Flak']Do bronze, silver, etc. stars increase the effectiveness of your weapons? I heard a rumor but no one can confirm.

Also, wtf to getting the Thompson bronze after 25 Garand kills.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any difference between the stars.

I'm having trouble trying to get the flag defender pin. I know I've gotten the +30 flag defense bonus after kills numerous times in a match but I still haven't gotten the pin. What am I doing wrong here?

[quote name='Trakan']It goes so slow that it's still not worth capping flags if you don't want to. It's nice to box the enemy into their original spawn if you can, but kills are still most important.[/QUOTE]

In the conquest games I've played on BC2 having the flags is still pretty important though it goes slower. Not only do you not get boxed in, but some of the spawn points have specific vehicle respawns and so on. First day I played the game I got stuck in an outnumbered team where the other side was playing it like it was deathmatch and we still ended up winning because we controlled all of the flags.

I do hope that they patch it so that the drain time is faster, but it is still important to capture flags in Conquest.

[quote name='Flak']I'm having trouble trying to get the flag defender pin. I know I've gotten the +30 flag defense bonus after kills numerous times in a match but I still haven't gotten the pin. What am I doing wrong here?[/QUOTE]

One of the many annoying, yet still not gamebreaking glitches found so far in this game.

[quote name='Yamato']So..I activated a VIP code and it said it was successful..but I'm not seeing anything different. What's it unlock?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing... I finally did mine as well and saw nothing different.

[quote name='Yamato']So..I activated a VIP code and it said it was successful..but I'm not seeing anything different. What's it unlock?[/QUOTE]

It gives you free maps that you would otherwise have to pay for.

I don't think it gives you anything yet. There should be a map pack coming out at the end of March that you can download through the "Store" menu. The VIP code should allow you to download this map pack for free, and possibly more dlc later on.

The good times that I had the first day were sorta overshadowed by the bad times yesterday. The actual gameplay was still fun, but I got thrown into matches with low people count repeatedly. And more often than not, onto the team that was on the verge of losing horribly. It seemed everyone was either going solo or in private squads or something, because I could not get a squad most of the time.

And then there was the fact that 50+% of my team was always recon. Way up in the hills. Who liked to watch the bombs go off on our defensive targets from a safe distance. And were a great delight to have in a squad as a spawn target.

Look on the store page again and highlight map pack that has the VIP symbol to the right of it. You get the things that are in the picture: Laguna Presa in rush mode and Arica Harbor in Conquest.

Look on the store page again and highlight map pack that has the VIP symbol to the right of it. You get the things that are in the picture: Laguna Presa in rush mode and Arica Harbor in Conquest.

Look on the store page again and highlight map pack that has the VIP symbol to the right of it. You get the things that are in the picture: Nelson bay in rush mode and Laguna Alta in conquest mode.

At the end of the month the VIP code will unlock Laguna Presa in rush mode and Arica Harbor in Conquest.

id like to see a small amount of points. like 10 or so given when a squad member spawns on you. my thinking is it would give players additional incentive to stay safe and wait for a spawn and may prompt some of the recon campers to to move into better positions to entice spawns.

Better get your gold stars now.

29dwxe9.jpg

By AA, I assume they mean the anti-air turrets on the ground that one person can man at a time. Those will likely be getting a buff because it doesn't really do shit against Apaches as easily as one might expect.

M1911 will probably get a nerf. As for the M60, not sure what they're going to do to it as I don't remember finding it awesome or terrible. The M3 on the other hand, I feel is pretty terrible unless you're really close range... which doesn't happen very often.

[quote name='Draekon']By AA, I assume they mean the anti-air turrets on the ground that one person can man at a time. Those will likely be getting a buff because it doesn't really do shit against Apaches as easily as one might expect.

M1911 will probably get a nerf. As for the M60, not sure what they're going to do to it as I don't remember finding it awesome or terrible. The M3 on the other hand, I feel is pretty terrible unless you're really close range... which doesn't happen very often.[/QUOTE]

Can't say what they mean by AA but your probably right.

As for the m1911 and m60, they will both be getting nerfed. There's no doubt in my mind.

The m1911 is the best pistol in the game hands down.
The m60 is the most powerful gun in the game hands down.

I'de also like them to take a loot at the 40mm grenade + bigger explosion perk. That is getting really annoying that I can start firing at someone and they can just 180 and boom i'm dead.

Although nothing is TOO TOO unbalanced, I would rather them take a look at the auto team balance.

the m60 is a monster. imo its by far the best gun in the game. that with magnum is ridiculous. ill be sad to see it nerfd. i have no idea why more players dont use it excessively.

[quote name='GenPirate']It won't let me add mine but it also claims that my vet rank is 4 but in game it says 7 so I have no clue what is going on.[/QUOTE]

Wont let me add it either but I also have zeros for all my stats and it says don't worry because it is updating and it will take 0 seconds. Oooookay then.

Good day today, finally had a team that talked with each other and we were having fun. I liked the game even with all the recon and people being silent, but man is it a much better experience when a squad actually acts together like a squad.

Thank god on the M1911 getting nerf. I am sick of getting sniped with one. Since it seems to have the same power far away as up close.

Tried Rush last night... not a fan as much as I like Squad DM. Seems my K to D suffers much since you have a lot of campers way off doing nothing to either protect or go after the M-Com stations. Also, in the 5-6 games of it, you always win on defend but never on attack. Has anyone ever won on the attack side?

[quote name='lordopus99']Thank god on the M1911 getting nerf. I am sick of getting sniped with one. Since it seems to have the same power far away as up close.

Tried Rush last night... not a fan as much as I like Squad DM. Seems my K to D suffers much since you have a lot of campers way off doing nothing to either protect or go after the M-Com stations. Also, in the 5-6 games of it, you always win on defend but never on attack. Has anyone ever won on the attack side?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've won several times on the attack side.

K/D ratio isn't really something you should be worried about in a Battlefield game. I have several times as a medic or engineer been the highest scoring person in a game without killing many people at all.

I've won plenty of Rush rounds as an attacker.

I think the Rush maps are well balanced in the sense that the frist few points are fairly easy to take, but the last couple are usualy hard as hell.

I've been in games where my team quickly steamrolled to the last MCom stations, but then couldnt get the job done and finish the round.

I've also been on the other side, where we couldn't hold an MCom station to save our lives, but then got it together on the last one and depleted attacker tickets to win the round.

Then of course sometimes you roll right though them all and win the entire map in like 10 minutes.

Isla Innocentes is the one Rush map I can't stand. The first points are incredibly easy to defend and usually most rounds go no further.

So the next round of DLC (the Dr Pepper promo) has been released. Anyone get it yet? How cool do the unis look compared to the others? I assume the dark black will work best on Nelson Bay.

[quote name='Flak']Isla Innocentes is the one Rush map I can't stand. The first points are incredibly easy to defend and usually most rounds go no further.[/QUOTE]

Is that the map with only 3 sets of points, and the first two points are on an Island? Yeah that one is tough. It's hard to approach the island without getting sniped. Even when attackers use the Helicopters, as soon as they land or jump out they're dead.

As a defender, I like to play as a shotgun medic. Most battles are close quarters, so you can really own with a shotgun.

[quote name='HydroX']So the next round of DLC (the Dr Pepper promo) has been released. Anyone get it yet? How cool do the unis look compared to the others? I assume the dark black will work best on Nelson Bay.[/QUOTE]

No it hasn't. It's been delayed with no ETA on when it will be available.

[quote name='Pck21']No it hasn't. It's been delayed with no ETA on when it will be available.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I had heard today was the day and didn't read the twitter update on the official BFBC2 twitter account.

"My bad."

Here's hoping the map packs come out on the 30th as promised.

Anyone have issues with the game tonight? It froze for me at the Your Team Won screen then negated all of my current progress. Then later the game completely froze on me as an attacker on Rush. First time that's ever happened to me with this game.

I can't even get into a game tonight. Keeps kicking me back to the Dashboard. Annoying. It used to happen once and then I could go back in. Now, it's constantly happening.

The freezing happened to me the other day. The whole game just locked up.

Also, the other night the controls locked up on me. I had just about hit the A button to respawn when a medic respawned me. Strange, the game continued around me but I was unable to move or control anything but the Start button.

Yikes, I thought it would get better when they got more servers online. Actually lost my experience gain twice. It's weird because my leaderboard shows me at level 12, when I'm at level 11 now because it froze.

[quote name='wowimsocute']i'm trying to get the naval warfare pin at the moment (4 kills on a boat). any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

On Isle Innocents as the attacker with the recon kit get in a jet ski, drive around the bay, press A to get in the back of the boat, then snipe some folks. You might not be helping your team all that much, but you should get the pin.

[quote name='whiptcracker']On Isle Innocents as the attacker with the recon kit get in a jet ski, drive around the bay, press A to get in the back of the boat, then snipe some folks. You might not be helping your team all that much, but you should get the pin.[/QUOTE]
thanks! i was trying to snipe and mortar strike and i got three by the time the round ended. :bomb: the next time i was attackers on that map, we had taken the first base; i drove near the shore and shot people with the M60 (got 3). then my final kill was an actual sniper kill. got level 22, all vehicle pins, and all pins all at once.

I did absolutely fucking terrible tonight.

I couldnt kill a damn thing, and died a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean a whole fucking lot. Felt like I was Rank 1 out there again.

[quote name='HydroX']I did absolutely fucking terrible tonight.

I couldnt kill a damn thing, and died a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean a whole fucking lot. Felt like I was Rank 1 out there again.[/QUOTE]

Last time I played that happened to me. Normally I am going rambo with a sniper somewhere in the woods invisible to the naked eye blowing heads apart with the Magnum Sniper rifle. But that day I could not catch a break, no matter what class I went or where I spawned I got picked off almost every 30 seconds.

bread's done
Back