Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

gonna pick up onslaught too and will play with any CAG's out there in any mode...feel free to add me. i'm usually on around 9:00 - 12:00 at night (CT)

[quote name='donster32']gonna pick up onslaught too and will play with any CAG's out there in any mode...feel free to add me. i'm usually on around 9:00 - 12:00 at night (CT)[/QUOTE]

I'm usually on at night as well (around the same time) -- I think I've played with you before.

If anyone wants in a group tonight shoot me an XBL Friend Invite or a message or whatever.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm usually on at night as well (around the same time) -- I think I've played with you before.

If anyone wants in a group tonight shoot me an XBL Friend Invite or a message or whatever.[/QUOTE]

yea, I remember now!!! HydroX...u have caused me a lot of frustration after kickin my a$$ :) would luv to team up with you and not be on the other end for once! I will look for you and shoot you an invite.

i love the multiplayer, its fun until as previously said the damn helicopters. i hate them. ruins the damn game if you dont have a team that is worth a damn. anyways id love to play with some of u guys so if u ever want to add me.

[quote name='donster32']yea, I remember now!!! HydroX...u have caused me a lot of frustration after kickin my a$$ :) would luv to team up with you and not be on the other end for once! I will look for you and shoot you an invite.[/QUOTE]

Lol... I sent you a friend request. Hope to see you on tonight.

If I buy this game used I'd have to buy the online pass (don't know what it is called) and that is $10 right? Other than the Vietnam DLC would you recommend getting the VIP code? So I'd be looking at used game cost + $10 for online play, $7.50 Vietnam, $10 VIP. I don't care about the Battlefield 1943 XBLA game but once you buy all the DLC for the used copy I guess I'd be better just buying new as that comes with the VIP code and online play code right?

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']If I buy this game used I'd have to buy the online pass (don't know what it is called) and that is $10 right? Other than the Vietnam DLC would you recommend getting the VIP code? So I'd be looking at used game cost + $10 for online play, $7.50 Vietnam, $10 VIP. I don't care about the Battlefield 1943 XBLA game but once you buy all the DLC for the used copy I guess I'd be better just buying new as that comes with the VIP code and online play code right?[/QUOTE]

You can usually find a VIP code for cheap on here from someone (if they haven't expired).

On second thought, I actually might have an extra one from the copy I ordered from Gamefly. I can't guarantee it works but you can try it once you get the game.

I bought Onslaught, but still a bit scared to go online. If I play online with you folks will you promise to not get pissed off at me for sucking. :) :) If so, I'll send out friend requests.

[quote name='crunchewy']I bought Onslaught, but still a bit scared to go online. If I play online with you folks will you promise to not get pissed off at me for sucking. :) :) If so, I'll send out friend requests.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about what anyone has to think of how you play. It takes time to get better at anything, so if anyone gives you grief, just tell them to go fuck themselves.

That being said, feel free to add me. I'll play with anyone that doesn't act like a complete douche. lol

[quote name='MCalvert1']I have a VIP code I got from Gamefly. Also can't guarantee it's still good, but first one to PM me gets it. It might take me 24 hours to get back to you.

MjC[/QUOTE]

PM'ed.

[quote name='jughead']searched... Couldn't find it. Is onslaught mode available with the Vietnam maps?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of.

Digging the Flamethrower, but I keep trying to use it like I'm playing Killing Floor.

That'll happen after +230 hours of gameplay.
:lol:

I decided to buy the Vietnam expansion. I'm banking on getting the hang of the online and having this $7.50 prove worth it in the end. :) CAG help would be appreciated. I won't be able to play online until this weekend. Anyone up for some online then? Perhaps Saturday night? I'm on the east coast. If you're up for it, and willing to help out a newb, send me a friend request: crunc is

anyone having trouble playing online? go to play MP and have to accept license agreement and log in with my EA accont but it won't let me in????

[quote name='donster32']anyone having trouble playing online? go to play MP and have to accept license agreement and log in with my EA accont but it won't let me in????[/QUOTE]

if no one else is having an issue with connecting to EA servers, then its your connection.

reset your router and modem or turn off your power strip, then wait a couple of seconds then turn it back on again.

I bit. Pleasantly surprised at how good this was. Totally worth the 600 points. I, like others here had a little trouble logging on earlier. I think EA's servers went down for a little bit. Tried again 15 minutes later, and got on with no problem. Anybody on the fence should go for this one. I'm glad I did.

[quote name='donster32']anyone having trouble playing online? go to play MP and have to accept license agreement and log in with my EA accont but it won't let me in????[/QUOTE]

I had that problem around the same time you signed into XBL. I just shut it down for a half hour and it worked. Guessing EA servers were forked for awhile.

Hi, i have the game on pc but like to play with a friend on the console.

My question is only this. What addon is worth buying (i might buy used). The onslaught mode i figure might be worth buying. But anything else?

Thank you.

p.s. i know the game is now kinda old, but i still play it to death.

I would have a tough time recommending Onslaught at full price. I think it's only 400 points now but I can't imagine anyone getting more than a couple hours of gameplay out of it. Onslaught is probably most useful as a tutortial for online without actually getting into online games. It's essentially co-op conquest with AI enemies. It does have online matchmaking although I haven't done it since it first came out so I'm not sure how many people are still playing it. I think that the half-off sale price was about right for this.

Vietnam is a great add-on. The price of full Battlefield content like this is largely irrelevant because of they amount of gameplay you're going to get out of it. 5 new maps and a bunch of new weapons and vehicles. What's not to like? Some might not like the lack of new kit unlocks but it's more of a BF1943-style with simplified loadoats and limited weapon choices. It sort of puts everyone on an even playing field.

I got the Spec Ops add-ons free during the Dr. Pepper promotion and I'm glad that it was free. I can't imagine really paying for this unless you really want a couple of extra weapons and achievements. Some of the weapons are even just skins of the top-level normal weapons in the kit. It's kind of neat to have a different look to your character and a weapon that lights up orange in your kit but I can't imagine spending money on this.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I would have a tough time recommending Onslaught at full price. I think it's only 400 points now but I can't imagine anyone getting more than a couple hours of gameplay out of it. Onslaught is probably most useful as a tutortial for online without actually getting into online games. It's essentially co-op conquest with AI enemies. It does have online matchmaking although I haven't done it since it first came out so I'm not sure how many people are still playing it. I think that the half-off sale price was about right for this.

Vietnam is a great add-on. The price of full Battlefield content like this is largely irrelevant because of they amount of gameplay you're going to get out of it. 5 new maps and a bunch of new weapons and vehicles. What's not to like? Some might not like the lack of new kit unlocks but it's more of a BF1943-style with simplified loadoats and limited weapon choices. It sort of puts everyone on an even playing field.

I got the Spec Ops add-ons free during the Dr. Pepper promotion and I'm glad that it was free. I can't imagine really paying for this unless you really want a couple of extra weapons and achievements. Some of the weapons are even just skins of the top-level normal weapons in the kit. It's kind of neat to have a different look to your character and a weapon that lights up orange in your kit but I can't imagine spending money on this.[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear. If i get the normal game, i have the same like i have on the pc.
Vietnam is fun, but i can life with out it. I have it on pc.
Then i can cross out the addons.

Thanks for the info.

I will get BF3 on the Xbox i think.

So here's something weird, I basically have to rage quit to get out of any game on Vietnam. Even if it's just a "I've been playing for two hours and I want to go do something else now" kind of deal. Next time I logon, it says my "recent play" has made it such that I go down to zero rank. Then the next time I play it comes back but then I don't have weapon stats to keep track of trying to get the nerd points for that particular thing.

Very odd.

bread's done
Back