Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='Soodmeg']Modern Combat was awsome and is still one of my top 5 FPS of all time. I had it for PS2 and it was simply amazing. They really need to get back to that as quickly as possiable.

Now to be honest, I cant really remember what made that game so great so I have no current basis for comparison but man those days were great. I hated Bad Company 1 and BC2 was decent but not great.[/QUOTE]

I used to play MC2 on xbox all time time. I just picked it up for the 360 and people still play it. Controls are a bit different though but overall it's the same with better graphics.

Modern Combat 2 was amazing. Game had amazing maps (Backstab, Bridge too Far, Full Frontal etc....), and the gameplay was f*cking intense as hell. The wall glitches were the only thing bringing it down. Even then it still kicks the shit out of anything DICE has done since. I hope BF3 is much more like Modern Combat or BF2 (PC) than BC. The only thing they need to keep is the destruction. Between the BF2 MC demo and full game I easily had over 200 hours played

The status page for me still says 44 million out of 69 or whatever, but Operation Hastings is definitely up on the 360. Played it quite a few times and it's a great map. I'd put it right behind Phu Bai Valley.

[quote name='slickkill77']Modern Combat 2 was amazing. Game had amazing maps (Backstab, Bridge too Far, Full Frontal etc....), and the gameplay was f*cking intense as hell. The wall glitches were the only thing bringing it down. Even then it still kicks the shit out of anything DICE has done since. I hope BF3 is much more like Modern Combat or BF2 (PC) than BC. The only thing they need to keep is the destruction. Between the BF2 MC demo and full game I easily had over 200 hours played[/QUOTE]

All this is true, people lagging the servers out just for fun or whenever they were losing was annoying too. I played that game ALOT, almost exclusively for 3+ years :)

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']All this is true, people lagging the servers out just for fun or whenever they were losing was annoying too. I played that game ALOT, almost exclusively for 3+ years :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah the game is unplayable now, because of all the fucks who do this. You think they would of fixed this when they released it on the 360. It was a problem on the PS2 big time.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Yeah the game is unplayable now, because of all the fucks who do this. You think they would of fixed this when they released it on the 360. It was a problem on the PS2 big time.[/QUOTE]

Its the only reason I moved on to playing different games. I could get on BF2 for a couple hours and never get a full game in because of this. Back when it wasnt a widespread problem it was such a great game. I think I paid $30 for it and it gave me years of replay value.

[quote name='Trakan']The status page for me still says 44 million out of 69 or whatever, but Operation Hastings is definitely up on the 360. Played it quite a few times and it's a great map. I'd put it right behind Phu Bai Valley.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. The map is great with a lot going on. Lately I've been jumping out after Phu Bai anyway because it always rolls you into Hill 137..and I don't care how good you are, if the rest of your team is nothing but snipers you will get spawn trapped.

You can rack up a bunch of points on Hastings too..4 flags, a ton of tanks, PBRs, helis = madness.

Also on one of the Vietnam maps, you can drive the boat under the map and going anywhere under the map and kill everyone and not take damage back. CAG woodcan looked on the DICE forums and apparently it was a known issue during internal beta testing, but they didn't think it'd be exploited before they had a chance to fix it. Wrong.

3v3 squad rush
We = raping other team. We were on the defense . A player from the other team somehow was able to switch sides so now it is 4v2 , but his name remained blue he wasn't part of our squad. He then continues to c4 the bomb and commit suicide to get the bomb to blow. This was pathetic. Just wondering how he was able to switch sides and do this.

Anyone down for some gaming later tonight?

[quote name='TiKi2']3v3 squad rush
We = raping other team. We were on the defense . A player from the other team somehow was able to switch sides so now it is 4v2 , but his name remained blue he wasn't part of our squad. He then continues to c4 the bomb and commit suicide to get the bomb to blow. This was pathetic. Just wondering how he was able to switch sides and do this.

Anyone down for some gaming later tonight?[/QUOTE]

It is very easy to do. He quits the game and looks at recent players he played with and joins one of you.

[quote name='TiKi2']3v3 squad rush

Anyone down for some gaming later tonight?[/QUOTE]

Ive had something similar happen, playing rush Ive had teammates C4 the walls of the buildings with the crates in them and take them down. Its only happened a couple times though.

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']Ive had something similar happen, playing rush Ive had teammates C4 the walls of the buildings with the crates in them and take them down. Its only happened a couple times though.[/QUOTE]

When I see that crap happen, I just exit the game. My party follows. Can't stand that crap.

VVanker I think we got our asses handed to us yesterday, lol. Oasis conquest was intense. It's similar to the arica harbor conquest. Close combat.

As for the c4 the bomb, in modern combat they had the vote player off option , they should have kept it.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Cause of the iron sights?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm fine with those .. it just so happens that I pepper the shit out of someone with bullets and it feels like 1-2 shots kill me, no matter the situation. It's not like I'm a horrible player either, I do just fine in "vanilla" Bad Company 2.

You're not alone... I feel the same way. I was wondering if it was magnum ammo + body armor combos or some other perk that was making the difference.

[quote name='faceturd']You're not alone... I feel the same way. I was wondering if it was magnum ammo + body armor combos or some other perk that was making the difference.[/QUOTE]

You can't have both of those perks on at the same time.

I'm liking Vietnam so far, except for that one map that starts off with a horrible choke point, I usually quit out when that map comes up, I forget the name, 'Vantage Point' maybe? The other maps are much better, although I've only played Hastings 2 or 3 times.

I thought that I had become a master at killing Huey's with my tank or M60 lmg, but now I've read that there is a glitch in the 360 version where the Huey has almost no armor.

In the PC version, weapons do 0.5 % damage per shot to a Huey. In the 360 version, each shot does 3.5 % damage to a Huey. So essentially a Huey on the 360 has 7 times less armor than in the PC version. You can take one out with an M60 without reloading.

And here I thought I was the master of blowing Huey's out of the sky.

[quote name='Puffa469']I'm liking Vietnam so far, except for that one map that starts off with a horrible choke point, I usually quit out when that map comes up, I forget the name, 'Vantage Point' maybe? The other maps are much better, although I've only played Hastings 2 or 3 times.

I thought that I had become a master at killing Huey's with my tank or M60 lmg, but now I've read that there is a glitch in the 360 version where the Huey has almost no armor.

In the PC version, weapons do 0.5 % damage per shot to a Huey. In the 360 version, each shot does 3.5 % damage to a Huey. So essentially a Huey on the 360 has 7 times less armor than in the PC version. You can take one out with an M60 without reloading.

And here I thought I was the master of blowing Huey's out of the sky.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

The first time I was riding in one I thought we were getting hit by a stationary by the amount of damage we were receiving only to find out 2 guys were shooting at it.

I just picked up a copy of BC2 on the cheap via Amazon and am playing the crap out of Vietnam. I don't always use a mic but please friend "nah dew" as I am down for squadding up with some CAGs.

I thought the hueys were terrible..now that armor nonsense makes sense. I was thinkin..50 kills in this thing for an achievement..we can even stay up for more than 20 seconds.

Still nothing more gratifying than taking one down with the tank cannon..most fly so low so its pretty easy. Insta-explosion.

Is it me, or are the pistols in Vietnam way overpowered when compared to the ones in BC2? I seem to keep getting sniped from a pretty good distance by the M1911.

[quote name='Puffa469']I'm liking Vietnam so far, except for that one map that starts off with a horrible choke point, I usually quit out when that map comes up, I forget the name, 'Vantage Point' maybe? The other maps are much better, although I've only played Hastings 2 or 3 times.

And here I thought I was the master of blowing Huey's out of the sky.[/QUOTE]

M60? Shit, you can take one down with a clip of PPSH/1911.

[quote name='slickkill77']The best way to survive in a Huey is to fly low in the trees, fly with an engineer for quick repairs, and do not engage tanks more than once[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time repairing the Heuy in the air. If it touches down I can repair it from either passenger seat, but in the air it seems impossible. I know in the normal game I could repair choppers while they were flying.

[quote name='TiKi2']VVanker I think we got our asses handed to us yesterday, lol. Oasis conquest was intense. It's similar to the arica harbor conquest. Close combat.

As for the c4 the bomb, in modern combat they had the vote player off option , they should have kept it.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah we did! I was a huge fan of voting players off on Modern Combat. Once you had a team of guys who always played it was easy to vote the tools off when they joined.

In other news I got suspended for a week from XBL because of my gamertag. Dont use VVanker in your tags and you guys should be good. :lol: I thought Id just have to change it but when I did a notice popped up saying I was suspended for a week and to check my email for more details. I played for a few hours on my wifes account the other night, no VIP sucks and having to go back to level 1 with no unlocks sucks..

There was no beta code. I think you had to have the disk. I got the MOH LE and I didn't see a code for the BF 3 beta. I kept one of the inserts from the game before I sold it just in case but I think you have to keep the game to get in

[quote name='slickkill77']There was no beta code. I think you had to have the disk. I got the MOH LE and I didn't see a code for the BF 3 beta. I kept one of the inserts from the game before I sold it just in case but I think you have to keep the game to get in[/QUOTE]

Ah, the old beta access through the disc trick. Splinter Cell Conviction is doing the same with Ghost Recon.

I guess I'll have to pick it up through a Gamefly deal or something then.

Edit:
EA announced that all the Limited Editions of Medal Of Honor would come with a voucher that would, eventually, guarantee a spot in a Battlefield 3 beta.

I find this interesting. Especially since you said you have the LE and didn't get a voucher. Perhaps it was select LE copies only?

Edit 2: Just found this on another forum. Apparently the voucher states, "Get an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta with your MoH LE disc". So you were correct. (not that I doubted you, just wanted to verify)

[quote name='MSUHitman']So can you still drive under that one Vietnam map in the boat? Not playing Vietnam until that's fixed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's still there. I've played a bunch of Vietnam and that's happened to me maybe two or three times though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So can you still drive under that one Vietnam map in the boat? Not playing Vietnam until that's fixed. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trakan']Yeah, it's still there. I've played a bunch of Vietnam and that's happened to me maybe two or three times though.[/QUOTE]

Damn, still not fixed? I'll be avoiding those maps for a while then :whistle2:( Hill 137 is my favorite 'Nam map too.

[quote name='HydroX']Ah, the old beta access through the disc trick. Splinter Cell Conviction is doing the same with Ghost Recon.

I guess I'll have to pick it up through a Gamefly deal or something then.

Edit:

I find this interesting. Especially since you said you have the LE and didn't get a voucher. Perhaps it was select LE copies only?

Edit 2: Just found this on another forum. Apparently the voucher states, "Get an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta with your MoH LE disc". So you were correct. (not that I doubted you, just wanted to verify)[/QUOTE]

You sure it's not also tied into redeeming an Online Pass? I thought you had to have that redeemed AND also have the disc.

[quote name='Trakan']Yeah, it's still there. I've played a bunch of Vietnam and that's happened to me maybe two or three times though.[/QUOTE]

Which maps can it happen on? Sorry don't remember the names.

They seriously need the vote option back, Playing vietnam rush and some fucker keep blowing up all our vehicles.

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']
In other news I got suspended for a week from XBL because of my gamertag. Dont use VVanker in your tags and you guys should be good. :lol: I thought Id just have to change it but when I did a notice popped up saying I was suspended for a week and to check my email for more details. I played for a few hours on my wifes account the other night, no VIP sucks and having to go back to level 1 with no unlocks sucks..[/QUOTE]

That sux , some tool must of filed a complaint. Funny they suspend you for your tag when profanity runs rampant on xbox live.

[quote name='TiKi2']They seriously need the vote option back, Playing vietnam rush and some fucker keep blowing up all our vehicles.

That sux , some tool must of filed a complaint. Funny they suspend you for your tag when profanity runs rampant on xbox live.[/QUOTE]

I know right? oh well, Ill be back in a couple more days. Ive been playing around trying some new things on my wifes account while I wait.

[quote name='Puffa469']Don't we need to buy that crappy MoH game to get into the Beta?[/QUOTE]

Signs point to yes. Just wait until the end of the month, chances are that Gamefly's end of month sale might include this on the cheap -- and if it's like the Bad Company 2's they carried, it will be the LE of the game as well.

[quote name='HydroX']Signs point to yes. Just wait until the end of the month, chances are that Gamefly's end of month sale might include this on the cheap -- and if it's like the Bad Company 2's they carried, it will be the LE of the game as well.[/QUOTE]

This, I got lucky and picked up a copy for about 10 bucks at a local store. Really only keeping it for the BF3 beta, the game wasnt too good.

bread's done
Back