Battlefield: Bad Company - Gen. Discussion & Info

My opinion on this game is probably well-known, so I won't go over those points again.

In short, I don't dig it when I'm tagged with a tracking device by a teammate. That shit is stupid, and should be removed.

Gun damage is also a bit too weak. However, I don't particularly have an issue with it. It's pretty balanced. The Support class is often said to be too powerful. I feel it is balanced with its guns being underpowered, and other classes' guns being a bit more powerful. It evens out.

As for online multiplayer, there are a lot of people playing online. Much more than UT3 and TF2. If you had the time, you could play online 24/7. There are that many people playing online.

While the party system is wonky (party members may wind up on the other team), at least there is a party system. UT3's lack of a party system really bothers me.

Each game has its flaws. Tolerance is a key to enjoying a game. ;)

I played Call of Duty 4 after playing lots of Bad Company and I realized that Bad Company requires wayyy more damage to get a kill then COD4. COD4 is also much much much more twitchy

They updated the music played at the selection screen. It's all fancy and war-like now. It's neat, and a good change from the signature Bad Company score.

While I was initially critical and hesitant, I love this game. I think the multiplayer is superb. :bouncy: And this comes from one of the COD4 regulars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined in a MP Game with Joe on my Team, but he wasnt in my Squad, so he couldnt hear me.
and Chase was on the opposite team so that sucked, but this game is still fun once you get past the fact that its NOT COD4.

[quote name='chasemurata']They updated the music played at the selection screen. It's all fancy and war-like now. It's neat, and a good change from the signature Bad Company score.
[/quote]

I believe the music/background at the main menu changes depending on yout progression of the single player campaign. I could be wrong, but i did notice they would change after completing a mission.

and for me, i hate idiot team killers, and people that dont go for objectives, besides that, its great

You know...I still dislike this game for a number of reason.

But I cant stop playing it. Might be a little of me just being tired of COD4 all the time and this is a change of pace.

Gotta throw my coin into the "in" pile.

However...

This game is seriously hot-cold. It is insanely based on teamwork. With it, you WILL win. Without it, you probably will lose (moreso on the Attacking side).

Before any of my friends picked it up, it was a pretty frustrating experience. No communication, stuck with whoever you end up with on a squad, TKs, etc.

Once I got one friend with it online, we WORK the maps. Even two people on an entire team, in a squad, working together, can destroy most maps (attacking or defending). My win:loss ratio went from about 1:1 to well over 2:1, and it is still rising. K/D ratio is not quite 1, but that's the nature of the meat grinder that is attack mode.

So, if you can work well with another(s), GET IT. If not, not.

[quote name='ebiya']I believe the music/background at the main menu changes depending on yout progression of the single player campaign. I could be wrong, but i did notice they would change after completing a mission.

and for me, i hate idiot team killers, and people that dont go for objectives, besides that, its great[/quote]

Yep changes with mission progress...The music is heavily influenced by Medal of Honor

[quote name='slickkill77']Yep changes with mission progress...The music is heavily influenced by Medal of Honor[/quote]

I guess I never noticed it because I beat the story mode immediately after purchasing it and only recently restarted the story mode on its hardest difficulty. Interesting.

After my scathing review of the demo, I guess I don't have any hate left to spare for this game. I enjoy it tons, for some reason. And in case I have not enough reviewed this title...

Some things I have not yet covered (shocking, I know). I dig how you can replenish lost grenades and ammo by running over a dead foes supplies (ammo through specific class only); the limited splash damage (which emphasizes precision); distinct classes; and persistent and constant accomplishment (wildcards, patches, and trophies).

I think Bad Company handles challenges and rewards the best out of itself, Call of Duty 4 and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. I never get tired of the sound effect and dangling reward. Just for the uninitiated, the game rewards you trophies for accomplishing tasks (i.e., 3 kills with an anti-tank mine, 5 kills with transport vehicle, healing team mates, etc.). Patches unlock by fulfilling multiple trophies (Bronze Support Patch is dangled after fulfilling 2 kills as Support, 1 LMG efficiency trophy, 1 medic trophy, and 1 combat engineer trophy). If those weren't enough, BFBC also features Wildcards that unlock and dangle by fulfilling rare and exotic tasks (i.e., 100 headshots with any sniper rifle, destroy 3 vehicles of same kind and 2 of another, 50 Avenger trophies, etc.). By allowing these accomplishments to be acquired multiple times infinitely, it rewards play and extends gameplay. I think the Call of Duty series should adopt it.

I also appreciate how knife kills must be earned and earn a reviewable database of dog tags. The points system is also preferable featuring special points for avenging team mates, destroying vehicles, healing team mates, and other various tasks. I read reviews that state this distracts from objectives and encourages the lack of teamwork. I disagree. This is where the weakened firepower benefits gameplay as kills must be earned. Since kills are not guaranteed, working to accomplish an objective, say arming a charge, is a good way to score points (30 guaranteed points for successfully destroying a crate).

An improvement would be adding more default guns per class. Each team has a different gun design but those guns share the same values. Only unlockable guns (promotional and progressive) offer more variety amongst gun values. More progressive unlockable guns would also be appreciated; more multiplayer modes would be also be nice.

While an initial grievance, the weakened firepower works with this title. If the guns were more powerful, it would unbalance gameplay. What does need to be tweaked is the range of a few guns. The shotguns need less range, for instance.

Bad Company is a nice way to spend time waiting for World at War, SOCOM, and Gears 2. Now, if only they'd soon release the damn update said to improve the party mode, offer clan support, and other fixes and updates.

Wee!

I also appreciate how they added more effects to the maps. They could have just tossed us a feature, but, instead, improved elements outside the game mode.

Now, if only they would release the long-awaited update. I assume that will be released later in August.

Conquest mode up!

Content: Battlefield: Bad Company™ Conquest
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) ALCOHOL REFERENCE,STRONG LANGUAGE,VIOLENCE] An old friend returns! The Conquest game mode was hugely popular in previous Battlefield games and now sees its addition to DICE’s latest blockbuster. Download the Conquest Pack for Battlefield: Bad Company for free and battle it out on four modified maps from the core game. In Conquest mode, the aim is to reduce the opposing team’s tickets to zero. Killing an enemy soldier depletes one ticket per kill, whilst capturing control points on the map causes enemy tickets to count down. See you on the Battlefield soldier!'

[quote name='popemogoth']Anyone know what the update brought? I can't find the details anywhere. I hope they fix some major issues.[/QUOTE]

Aside from Conquest mode, I don't believe anything else was added/fixed.

[quote name='deadite76']Aside from Conquest mode, I don't believe anything else was added/fixed.[/quote]

There have been two updates over the last twelve days or so. However, I don't notice any changes. Well, other than the Laser Designator attaching to a target a bit faster.

Level 23 here. Without stupid boosting, too. :bouncy:

The M203's are more effective. Conquest is so much better than Gold Rush that it pisses me off that they took it out in the first place. I don't know what they were thinking. Even with 4 maps its fun.

I heard matches are way too damn short. People just baseraping tickets away instead of holding flags.

I downloaded it but have yet to log on. I might in a few hours and give it a go.

I read complaints about EA's servers at the official Bad Company forum. Tonight, I experienced it. God damn, is it annoying. Plus, it's fluctuates. At least start and stay laggy. Joining a game that starts off with a solid connection but then decreases to cartoon-like lag pisses me off.

So, I just became a General (the highest position in BFBC), died, and was like, "Hey, what are those numbers?"

"You will now start your hunt to become the worlds foremost General. From now on you can see your skill level. This is a number between 1 to 50, where 1 is the highest level awarded to only a single player in the world. Play well and you will be promoted, play badly and you will be demoted. Good luck!"

Awesome. :drool:

[quote name='chasemurata']So, I just became a General (the highest position in BFBC), died, and was like, "Hey, what are those numbers?"

"You will now start your hunt to become the worlds foremost General. From now on you can see your skill level. This is a number between 1 to 50, where 1 is the highest level awarded to only a single player in the world. Play well and you will be promoted, play badly and you will be demoted. Good luck!"

Awesome. :drool:[/quote]

Congrats, Chase! Now, I don't know if I want to buy the game anymore if you're going to be pwning me....then again if I can get on your squad :D

I really really am starting to hate this game. I cant bring myself to play it more than an hour.

I never played a game that annoyed me so much. There are over a dozen things in this game that irk me to bad to play. What the fuck is up with the god damn blaring non stop siren when troops are low?

And I will not start again on the red dot system. Seriously? A wall hack? I am only playing this to fill the void between another game.

Bah.

[quote name='woodcan']Congrats, Chase! Now, I don't know if I want to buy the game anymore if you're going to be pwning me....then again if I can get on your squad :D[/quote]

Thanks, Fleshy. :bouncy:

The good thing about BFBC is that there's always a way to come back and do well. I credit the ability to the map size, distinct classes, and pacing. Fun stuff.

I use the PP2000 for my SMG fix. I know its accuracy and damage is low, but it gets the job done. Plus, I like how it handles.

[quote name='popemogoth']Support: The fact that I can heal people makes me feel like Jesus.[/quote]

Hehehe... I feel that way when I save someone from getting killed and get the Savior bonus. I love the points system.

I hate when somone sneaks up behind me and I think its an enemy. Only to realize its a teamate that I just took half their health away from

[quote name='slickkill77']I hate when somone sneaks up behind me and I think its an enemy. Only to realize its a teamate that I just took half their health away from[/quote]
Hahah! I've had teammates who freaked out that I re spawned next to them only to find myself getting knifed. The stupid color icons takes a lil while to show up and I think that's why most of the time they think it's an enemy.

[quote name='popemogoth']Hahah! I've had teammates who freaked out that I re spawned next to them only to find myself getting knifed. The stupid color icons takes a lil while to show up and I think that's why most of the time they think it's an enemy.[/QUOTE]

The icon delay is really annoying.

I dont know about anyone else but I dont like conquest mode. I wish they would bring back the maps back from the last battlefield game. I would pay for those maps. The maps they have now are not as well thought out. They dont work well for conquest mode.

Other than that I love this game.

[quote name='LiveCrazy_Joe']I dont know about anyone else but I dont like conquest mode. I wish they would bring back the maps back from the last battlefield game. I would pay for those maps. The maps they have now are not as well thought out. They dont work well for conquest mode.

Other than that I love this game.[/quote]

Conquest is just lacking any real objective for wanting flags.

In the PC version, you would want to hold flags for various reasons, such as a vital spawn, helicopters, vehicles, etc. But in BC's conquest, it's just running around in circles for the most part.

Dude, I got this game on eBay new for $32 shipped (random great deal). I can't wait to play it. I was in on the beta and liked it a lot. Since I have CoD4 for PC, this will be my main console FPS, I think.

And yeah, I have all the Battlefield games for PC, but this game feels a lot different to me. The sound effects and graphics just seem waay different.

[quote name='jlarlee']Just rented this and it a;int bad.They improved the online from the beta. How long does the Single player take?[/QUOTE]

About eight hours or so.

bread's done
Back