Battlefield: Bad Company - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, this game is a lot of fun. I was a bit disappointed when GameFly shipped this, because it was a halfway down my GameQ, but damn, it's a blast. Does anyone still play online?[/QUOTE]

I'm still playing it online. I just hit 265K last night.

Alot of people here seem to hate it, but what other game on console can you play 12vs12 with tanks/vehicles, a full balance of classes/weapons, and 90% destructable enviroments.

As far as red dots over the characters head, it only appears when you sprint or if walk & shot at the sametime.

I walk right by enemies and arm crates all the time.

[quote name='moojuice']I haven't played them, yet, but possibly because EA stuck them at the end of the rotation?[/QUOTE]

You can select the map you want to play at the main menu before starting a game.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='s00pNAZi']So do a lot of people still play this?[/QUOTE]

Seems that way, never have had a problem finding full 12 on 12 matches.

I hate to bump up such an old thread, but I just rented this from Gamefly on like Thursday. I was a lenient on buying it because I was weary of the m203 (grenade launcher) where you could just blow practically everything up. After beating the campaign, and playing the multiplayer extensively the m203 isn't overpowering at all, and it flows well with the game.

The multiplayer blew me away. I ended up getting 50 unique dog tags from knifing people and the multiplayer is so fun, seriously, it's at the same level of COD4. I'm surprised a lot of people still play, and now, I need to go buy the real game just for the multiplayer. :D FUN FUN.

Props to this game. Even without the free expansion pack (which I downloaded a few minutes ago), a lot of people still play this game. I haven't had this much multiplayer fun since COD4.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I hate to bump up such an old thread, but I just rented this from Gamefly on like Thursday. I was a lenient on buying it because I was weary of the m203 (grenade launcher) where you could just blow practically everything up. After beating the campaign, and playing the multiplayer extensively the m203 isn't overpowering at all, and it flows well with the game.

The multiplayer blew me away. I ended up getting 50 unique dog tags from knifing people and the multiplayer is so fun, seriously, it's at the same level of COD4. I'm surprised a lot of people still play, and now, I need to go buy the real game just for the multiplayer. :D FUN FUN.

Props to this game. Even without the free expansion pack (which I downloaded a few minutes ago), a lot of people still play this game. I haven't had this much multiplayer fun since COD4.[/quote]

I didn't find it nearly as fun as COD4.

It's fun at first, but it gets very repetitive after you play it a while. In Goldrush, no one actually arms the explosives, because it's much easier/stealthier to use C4/Grenades, etc. For Conquest, for a majority of the maps, there really is no incentive to want to hold a certain flag, so the match breaks down to just running around in circles, trading flags like a $2 whore.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I hate to bump up such an old thread, but I just rented this from Gamefly on like Thursday. I was a lenient on buying it because I was weary of the m203 (grenade launcher) where you could just blow practically everything up. After beating the campaign, and playing the multiplayer extensively the m203 isn't overpowering at all, and it flows well with the game.

Props to this game. Even without the free expansion pack (which I downloaded a few minutes ago), a lot of people still play this game. I haven't had this much multiplayer fun since COD4.[/quote]

Play it for more than 3 weeks......thats when it takes a sharp turn to sucking ass.

Boo that it gets boring (but realistic shooters don't hold my interest long to begin with)... I'll be playing this later in the month. :(

I take it games are still fast to find though?

Edit:
Not really feeling the multiplayer. But that's probably mostly because I suck (always negative K/D). Only played a half or so dozen matches.

Loved this game, but I just didn't feel any incentive to play after I got to the highest rank (the leaderboard thing was neat but I couldn't care less. Maybe if my friends played it...)

If anyone wants to add my gamertag (x D78 x) I still play this almost everyday.

[quote name='slickkill77']Then need to get back to the Battlefield 2 MC design[/QUOTE]

I've read that their working on BC 2, but also BF3: MC as a cross platform so hopefully we'll get both.

[quote name='janglypangly']It's $20 at BB, but how is the community for this? Should I just hold off? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Community seems good. I didn't like this one too much though. Seemed to get into a lot of games with lag. Kinda annoying.

[quote name='slickkill77']Then need to get back to the Battlefield 2 MC design[/QUOTE]

Why in the world would they take a step back for the franchise?

Oh and also, Battlefield Bad Company > Call of Duty 4.

I find it hilarious how Bad Company can get boring, but Call of Duty 4 is god, when Call of Duty 4 is just constant rinse and repeat gameplay, and mediocre gameplay at that.

The community is apparently still active. I have a friend that pretty much plays this on a daily basis and he never mentions ever having problems finding games to play.

And this is why I think this game got boring for me:

Gold Rush: matches usually degraded into attackers shooting explosives at the crate, rather than actually planting, so it basically became impossible to defend. The only real places you could defend were underground, since you can't really blow a hole through the floor. Otherwise, just blow a hole in the wall next to a crate, and proceed to shoot rockets, tank shells, hell, even JDAMS depending on the crate, or lay 2 lives worth of C4 on it.

Conquest: Conquest just degrades into running circles around the map trading flags. Since you can only communicate with your own squad, you can never really coordinate things well enough to hold many flags. This is very prevalent on larger maps, such as Oasis.

Once I unlocked all the weapons/gadgets, I pretty much lost all interest in the game.

Battlefield 2 was soooo much better in terms of maps and guns (minus the smg's).

The community in this game is still active

Battlefield Bad Company 2 was announced

My friend will jump on there every once and a while, but the big problem with the game is that everyone on there uses the wall glitches. Its not a huge community but you can still find 24 player games

I just bought Bad Company last week, I really like it so i'll probably get the sequel on release. The thing is though EA closed down the servers in BF2 when Bad Company was released if I remember. They better not do the same with Bad Company.

Anybody still into this game? I finally jumped into it (it was on my pile of shame since last year) and had a decent time in the multiplayer.

Let me know if anybody is interested in playing some of this or at least showing me the ropes in multiplayer.

Sup! ^_^

Just would like to know if there is significant difference between the regular version from the "gold" one. I checked around and it states it have gold slipcase, dvd players guide, poster, and "weapons pack" .. can anyone tell me if the weapon pack is just something usually can get if you play thru the game?

Thx

I think you just get like five or so exclusive guns and I think you get all the DLC maps on the disc (but they are free anyway).

Playing this but its nothing compared to BF2. I'm playing BF2 way more then this. But my brother plays. EA might have shut down some official BF2 servers but there are still 100's of servers to play on in version 1.41. And the beta for 1.5 is still coming along nicely. They just release 1.5 beta 3 which eliminates dolphin diving and supports widescreen.

Definitly get BF2. Its still thriving.

bread's done
Back