Battlefield: BC $19.99 (360/PS3) online & in-store (PS3 in-store only)

5 friends of mine still play this all the time, so i may pick this up ...

and gs/eb do Not price adjust

[quote name='Ecto311']all I need is a printout of the ad on their website to get the PM at other places?[/quote]
That should be it. I am going to PM my purchase at CC from yesterday. I am taking a printout of the product page, showing the price and the availability in local stores, and a printout of the main page showing the banner ad that the deal goes through the 8th. Probably overkill, but I don't like to leave anything to chance.

[quote name='flix1']That should be it. I am going to PM my purchase at CC from yesterday. I am taking a printout of the product page, showing the price and the availability in local stores, and a printout of the main page showing the banner ad that the deal goes through the 8th. Probably overkill, but I don't like to leave anything to chance.[/quote]

Well I would rather have too much shit than not enough and have to go home for something.

Ill give this a shot today because CC matches plus 10% off if I remember right, nothing like going that extra cheap mile.

Thanks OP got the last copy (ps3) yesterday from GS and finished the game yesterday! It was funny they were selling a used version for $27.99! :nottalking:

Well, I have rarely had Best Buy pricematch plus 10%, even though that is their policy.

Circuit City is usually much better, but of course, when I pricematched today (purchased it at CC yesterday), I did not get the 10% back, so it was a lot of hassle for no ROI.

Just a heads up to trophy/achievement whores who might be getting the game. I just started the single player on PS3. I figured I'd go straight to hard mode, assuming I'd automagically get the trophies for completing missions on hard and also normal, but it doesn't work that way in this game. So, if you want to get trophies for normal and hard, it probably doesn't make much sense to jump straight into hard.

Might not be the same on 360, but I'd guess that it is.

pretty tempting, i enjoyed this game very much.

didn't try multiplayer cause i wanted to try other games on my gamefly queue. might pick this up.

[quote name='mkernan']Just a heads up to trophy/achievement whores who might be getting the game. I just started the single player on PS3. I figured I'd go straight to hard mode, assuming I'd automagically get the trophies for completing missions on hard and also normal, but it doesn't work that way in this game. So, if you want to get trophies for normal and hard, it probably doesn't make much sense to jump straight into hard.

Might not be the same on 360, but I'd guess that it is.[/QUOTE]

it's the same on 360.

[quote name='emperordahc']Totally recommended. I really don't care for the way they added Conquest into the game; the maps are far too small (mostly chopped down versions of other levels). Gold Rush is awesome, though.

I preferred the conquest mode from BF:Modern Combat on the 360; it had large levels and felt like the large PC levels.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just play Gold Rush. I miss CTF from BF2, hopefully it will be added to Bad Company 2 along with some clan support and custom match making for some CAG only nights.

Maybe a bit off topic, but has anyone ordered this game online? I've been trying to preorder a game from GameStop.com for a week now and can't. I've tried to order it through both GameStop.com and EBGames.com on three separate computers, and every time I attempt to access my cart or add an item to my cart I get the same "Oops! Game Over." error message. Am I the only one having this problem?

[quote name='deggs37']Best Buy also does the pricematch + 10% correct?

I have all these BB cards from xmas[/quote]

It's actually a bit wacky if you read their actual policy. They price match adds with the same price. But if you previously purchased the item and then there is a lower advertised price, they take 10% off. I'm not sure if that is a Best Buy advertised price or any other retailers price... I forget.

Picked up the last 360 copy in Covington, WA today. Played multiplayer for about 3 hrs tonight. First few games had really realy bad lag. Couldn't even walk straight:( Finally found a game with no lag and it was great! Very cool and fun!

I finally purchased my copy today. I was able to price match at Best Buy and use my gift card I received on Christmas.

[quote name='prateeko']Hey guys, anyone have any input as to which version to pick up? I'm not sure which way to go on this one...[/quote]

I haven't played the 360 version but I have had no issues with the PS3 version. I'd base your decision on whether you have more friends with PS3s or 360s if you plan to play online at all.

Picked up a PS3 copy @ lunch at the Elmore location in Davenport, IA. I really enjoyed the MP demo and have wanted to grab this game since launch. For me, I'm going PS3 over 360 just because I'd rather avoid being called a fa***t or n****r by a pre-pubescent boy working on unlocking his "24-hours of annoyance" achievement.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']For me, I'm going PS3 over 360 just because I'd rather avoid being called a fa***t or n****r by a pre-pubescent boy working on unlocking his "24-hours of annoyance" achievement.[/quote]

Are you saying that PSN is free of such pre-pubescent boys (and equally annoying post-pubescent "homies")? How do they do this? Sony should be marketing the crap out of this: I'd have picked up a PS3 2 years ago.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Picked up a PS3 copy @ lunch at the Elmore location in Davenport, IA. I really enjoyed the MP demo and have wanted to grab this game since launch. For me, I'm going PS3 over 360 just because I'd rather avoid being called a fa***t or n****r by a pre-pubescent boy working on unlocking his "24-hours of annoyance" achievement.[/quote]

That's probably cause those pre-pubescent boys haven't bought or figured out how to use Bluetooth headsets yet :p

[quote name='Aleman']That's probably cause those pre-pubescent boys haven't bought or figured out how to use Bluetooth headsets yet :p[/quote]
Bingo! There's many fewer people with headsets on the PS3. That and my PS3 collection needs to catch up to my 360 collection.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Bingo! There's many fewer people with headsets on the PS3. That and my PS3 collection needs to catch up to my 360 collection.[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation. I guess that would be a good thing if that means only the mature people have headsets, and there are a sufficient number of them online. I suspect, however, it means there is mostly silence. I don't see much point in playing online if I can't communicate/collaborate with my teammates.

Ha, I bought my wife little big planet for the PS3 and after 2 hours we finally got to play it. I said then, screw Sony and Ill never buy another game for their system if its on both consoles and not completely kickass. She does love little big planet but that is some horseshit. Having to wait for a mandatory install/update/install. I was seconds from returning the game but she really wanted to try it out.

Plus I would rather mute or play around people that call me things then a completely quiet experience where you can't work together because no one wants to shell out the extra cash for a headset that should be included.

/ot rant

I got this game PM'ed at circuit city and its not bad. I do like how its cut up into parts so I can progress a bit and stop when I want to. I don't need to wander around looking for a save point. The destructiveness of the game reminds me of black. I would say its good for $20.

got it today at crenshaw mall gamestop. Last copy as a matter of fact. I'll play it later tonight. Will there be an update I'll have to go through when i pop in the disc(ps3)?

Picked up a copy today in the Bay Area (Redwood City). According to their website there appears to be a quite a few copies located on the Peninsula.

Thanks OP!

just picked it up, is the campaign worth my time??? because I hated cod campaign mode, but I heard nothing but good things about the campaign/story mode in this game

[quote name='Ecto311']Ha, I bought my wife little big planet for the PS3 and after 2 hours we finally got to play it. I said then, screw Sony and Ill never buy another game for their system if its on both consoles and not completely kickass. She does love little big planet but that is some horseshit. Having to wait for a mandatory install/update/install. I was seconds from returning the game but she really wanted to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need some patience, the install for LBP is less then 1GB. If it's really taking you two hours to install it sounds like there is a problem with your system. Only took me a few minutes.

[quote name='gamer6587']just picked it up, is the campaign worth my time??? because I hated cod campaign mode, but I heard nothing but good things about the campaign/story mode in this game[/quote]

It's pretty bad IMO. The enemy AI is terrible.

I bought this for the multiplayer.

Hmm, not liking it as much as I remember liking the beta. Just too much action going on and it's hard to get anywhere near the crates without getting hit from five directions.

Might pick up Battlefield 2 again and play that instead.

Best Buy has this for $20 next week (360, PS3) as well (thanks Speedy). Price drop? Last time I noticed GS pulling this stuff was with Samba De Amigo which they had for $20 on BF, and it price dropped everywhere to that a week or two later.

[quote name='Ecto311']Ha, I bought my wife little big planet for the PS3 and after 2 hours we finally got to play it. I said then, screw Sony and Ill never buy another game for their system if its on both consoles and not completely kickass. She does love little big planet but that is some horseshit. Having to wait for a mandatory install/update/install. I was seconds from returning the game but she really wanted to try it out.

Plus I would rather mute or play around people that call me things then a completely quiet experience where you can't work together because no one wants to shell out the extra cash for a headset that should be included.

/ot rant

I got this game PM'ed at circuit city and its not bad. I do like how its cut up into parts so I can progress a bit and stop when I want to. I don't need to wander around looking for a save point. The destructiveness of the game reminds me of black. I would say its good for $20.[/quote]

Yeah sure... Kinda like the 360 needs to come with a wireless network adapter installed...

[quote name='Aleman']Hmm, not liking it as much as I remember liking the beta. Just too much action going on and it's hard to get anywhere near the crates without getting hit from five directions.[/QUOTE]

Too much action? That's the first time I've heard that as a criticism for an online FPS. You have to remember that you have the entire enemy team trying to stop you from reaching (and destroying) those crates. Of course you're going to get hit from five directions.

[quote name='Aleman']Hmm, not liking it as much as I remember liking the beta. Just too much action going on and it's hard to get anywhere near the crates without getting hit from five directions.

Might pick up Battlefield 2 again and play that instead.[/QUOTE]

The idea is to call artillery or shoot from long distance. Only time you ever want to get close is plant a bunch of C4 and blow it up that way. Planting of bombs... usually result in it being defused. C4, mines, artillery or shoot from long distance.

I guess I'm just used to playing Conquest on the old PC Battlefields where the maps were huge. This more condensed gameplay will take awhile to get used to again.

[quote name='Aleman']Hmm, not liking it as much as I remember liking the beta. Just too much action going on and it's hard to get anywhere near the crates without getting hit from five directions.

Might pick up Battlefield 2 again and play that instead.[/quote]

Are people still playing that game. I would love to get it.

[quote name='gantt']Does Gamestop/EBGames price adjust?

I ordered this from EBGames on BF, and I'm wondering if they'll just price adjust it, or if I'll just have to return it and buy a new copy.[/quote]

Go buy it again at 20$. Take that copy back with the original receipt before january 15th. They will give you cash back, just tell them it was a gift and you already have it.

[quote name='D3adcell']Go buy it again at 20$. Take that copy back with the original receipt before january 15th. They will give you cash back, just tell them it was a gift and you already have it.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. Neither of the stores I visited had any new copies. However, one of them was cool enough to return my copy and rebuy it for me, crediting me the difference.

Gamestop's website lists Battlefield Bad company for $19.99, but shows Xbox360 only. You can grab the PS3 version as well though, just picked it up yesterday for $19.99 new, while the used versions are $26.99.

I didn't like the game too much... at least the ps3 version was horrible... the lag was almost worse than Socom and I'm not interested in campaign mode so I sold it on ebay and got $25

[quote name='gamer6587']I didn't like the game too much... at least the ps3 version was horrible... the lag was almost worse than Socom and I'm not interested in campaign mode so I sold it on ebay and got $25[/quote]

Can anyone confirm this??? Online or Offline lag??? i'm tempted to buy this on PS3. I've only played the demo on Xbox 360 and I liked it. For $20 its not a bad deal. I would just hate to buy it on PS3 and have an inferior version due to how they port it over. Just wanna build up my PS3 library.

bread's done
Back