Battlefield V $30 at 🎯

Went ahead and price match through chat like everyone else has and got the GCU discount. Just mentioned I was a Best Buy and GCU member casually and he went ahead and processed the sale.[attachment=31385:Screenshot_20181127-141427_Best Buy.jpg]

Even Called me a smart shopper.[attachment=31386:images (20).jpeg]
Then again, I bought BFV...

Last edited by a moderator:
Went ahead and price match through chat like everyone else has and got the GCU discount. Just mentioned I was a Best Buy and GCU member casually and he went ahead and processed the sale.
attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20181127-141427_Best Buy.jpg

Even Called me a smart shopper.
attachicon.gif
images (20).jpeg
Then again, I bought BFV...
I tried and the guy say i cannot stack both. Did it automatic apply or did u have toiask

I tried and the guy say i cannot stack both. [font='proxima-nova', helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Did it automatic apply or did u have toiask[/size][/font]
I just mentioned it casually, my exact words were "I'm also a Best Buy Member and have Gamer Club Unlocked" just threw that in there as he was getting it ready.When he followed up I said I just wanted to make sure I get my points and discount.

Seems to be online only. My Target in store is still $60 and will not price match their website until January
Target is my favorite store, hands down. They get a lot of hate here because their game deals mostly suck but it's my favorite store for all the other reasons (deals on other stuff, customer service, store atmosphere, quality products).

With that said, man they let some dense people work there. First off, they are wrong, price matches resume December 2nd, not in January. Second, this applies to COMPETITORS, not "themselves" aka Target.com. I'd go back in and show them their "Shop with Confidence" webpage where it points this out and if they still refuse I'd make them watch you order it online for in store pickup. Double the bonus points by ordering it for in store pickup but then walking out and price matching at Best Buy (then they still have to fulfill the order then put it back 2 days later).

I ordered for store pick up. Showed 2 hour estimated pick up time, I got the email it was ready to be picked up within 5 minutes of ordering.
Thanks op!

Was debating on in store pick up because I intended to price match at BB. Got denied the BB price match, and now it's limited stock and not available for order at my closest Target store lol

I don't even know how you guys are getting to chat with anyone.  All I get is "Chat with an Expert - Not currently available", under the Help tab.

Interesting, I'll have to go to Best Buy and pricematch my purchase from last week. With GCU, reward cert, $10 trade in offer, and a pricematch I'll essentially have gotten the game for $22.

If anyone is on the fence about the game, it's pretty fun. A bit barebones right now, but the core gameplay loop is usual Battlefield goodness and all the DLC will be free.

Just did a pricematch in Target. Didn't want to wait for store pickup as I was already there. Just showed the website to the cashier. Got to use 20% coupon plus 5% red card. Like $24 after tax.

You have to let it sit there for some time (up to 30 seconds). Then it'll pop up. It pops up in my shopping cart.
Still nothing. I've tried waiting with the Help tab open and closed, in my cart, item page, non-item pages, etc. I really want that Steelbook too. I'm almost just tempted to buy it with my GCU for $31.99 and call it a day.

...but my stubborn nature has a tight grip on me.

Still nothing. I've tried waiting with the Help tab open and closed, in my cart, item page, non-item pages, etc. I really want that Steelbook too. I'm almost just tempted to buy it with my GCU for $31.99 and call it a day.

...but my stubborn nature has a tight grip on me.
Try going to the page using incognito.

There's a specific link I always use from Google that let's me select chat with agent, it's intentionally difficult to find but there should be no wait. Search Google for best buy online chat, scroll down until you see the one that says best buy - let's talk about what's possible" click on that, then on that page scroll down a bit and click on the link under the picture of the guy in the blue shirt.

Tried a chat with best buy. The employee knew about the gamer's club restriction when it comes to price matching. Not a surprise, but figured it was worth a try.

so bummed with the direction bfv went. Tried the beta and was instantly turned off......I am a huge battlefield fan and have dumped in 100's of hours with every battlefield game since 1942. Even at this price point I can't do it. No amount of patches will fix what I feel is not a true battlefield game. 

Weird to think that I would feel this way about a fallout and battlefield game
I feel the complete opposite about BattleField V. I played the ea Access 10 hr free trial of the game and was blown away. The story seems really good and online is fun. I've played a lot of the Battlefield games and the only one that was not good to me was Hardline.

Still at this rate it will be 23 with gcu before xmas so I'll wait a little longer.

I just beat BF3 on PS3 last night.

I didn't really like the story and the campaign was extremely short. I think I beat the game in just a couple hours. The quick time events are also horrible. I platinum all the god of war games and I hate them for quick time events. That's why I like souls series and bloodborne. 

Luckily I only bought it for $5 on PSN flash sale awhile ago.

I probably won't play any more battlefield games after this one. This was my first.

So played 2 matches and I really like it, but I wish the maps were more “traditional” WW2. Fighting in Norway doesn’t feel like WW2, and adding red dots to guns as well

Very much improved from beta but I do miss the crazy amount of tanks and planes in earlier games

I picked it up and I'm rather enjoying it. Feels like an improvement over BF1 in my view. Lots more "to it" in terms of customization, etc. BF1 felt a little blank to me. Not as cluttered as BF4. It's a good middleground.

I feel the complete opposite about BattleField V. I played the ea Access 10 hr free trial of the game and was blown away. The story seems really good and online is fun. I've played a lot of the Battlefield games and the only one that was not good to me was Hardline.

Still at this rate it will be 23 with gcu before xmas so I'll wait a little longer.
I truly wish that I felt that way. I've had a blast with battlefield games over the years and have experienced the most intense gaming moments online. I just wonder how many of the original dice employees are still intact. It feels like there is a ton of influence from other games like call of my doodie that the younger developers are implementing.

Or I suppose its just that:

9c93abc839.jpg

Anyone had luck finding the free steelbook in store at bestbuy?
I price matched Target. They ring up the steelbook as 9.99 and it drops to 0 with BFV. got both for 30 and put the steelbook up on Ebay to recoup a few extra out of it. They had several on an end cap by the game itself.

So pissed that I missed on Hitman 2 but I did grab this one with a PM at BB and a $10 cert bringing it to $21.19 after tax. Thanks OP!

After this epic run of price drops how fast does everyone think Just Cause 4 will drop and what is your price you wouldn't pass on it for?

How are some of you getting the best buy chat to work?
Without fail, click the cart link and chat will magically be available from the help tab. Don't even need anything to be in the cart, they're just shady like that and only seem to want to help people who are about to buy something. :roll:

Just spent an hour with the online chat trying to price match this and ended up with $5.12 difference being refunded to a credit card that doesn't exist since I paid in giftcards that were zero'd out a long time ago and tossed. Any recs on getting a proper match?
I recommend not bothering for $5.12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So played 2 matches and I really like it, but I wish the maps were more “traditional” WW2. Fighting in Norway doesn’t feel like WW2, and adding red dots to guns as well

Very much improved from beta but I do miss the crazy amount of tanks and planes in earlier games
Oh? I always tank command in these games as an engi, but heard they fucked up on the anti-tank weapons making them too OP with a fix coming soon. Now you're telling me there's less of a focus on war machines in a war that SPURRED them?! I was about to cash in on 20% coupon deal for a PS4 copy, but now I'm not so sure. : \

I finally got chat to work.  In the end, it was my Ad Blocker that was causing the issue.  Disabled it and the chat icon popped right up. 

So...I got it PM'd with BBY, but they couldn't utilize GCU.  At least I do get the steelbook, so all in all I'm happy.  I don't want to push my luck and try to chat again until I find someone who will add GCU discount.  I have it until 2020 and don't want to piss against the wind and screw myself in the process.

But a heads-up to those who order more than one copy online.  For some reason it will only add 1 steelbook, even if you order one PS4 and one Xbox copy (like I did).  You have to have them placed in separate orders to receive a steelbook for each. 

Thanks a bunch OP!  :D  Cheers!  :beer:

bread's done
Back