Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some spoilers have been released for Razor, the two hour "movie" airing this fall on Sci-Fi.

Basically it says we will get flashbacks to the original Cylon War complete with CGI Cylons and Cylon ships from the original show. Also it turns out Gina (the Pegasus Six) and Cain were lovers.
Needless to say this movie sounds great.

Also, should we start a topic for Season 4, or is it too soon?

Glad to hear it's ending on it's own terms rather than waiting for some executive to give it the axe in the middle of the season.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Some spoilers have been released for Razor, the two hour "movie" airing this fall on Sci-Fi.

Basically it says we will get flashbacks to the original Cylon War complete with CGI Cylons and Cylon ships from the original show. Also it turns out Gina (the Pegasus Six) and Cain were lovers.
Needless to say this movie sounds great.

Also, should we start a topic for Season 4, or is it too soon?[/QUOTE]

Those silly spoilers show up in the text of the emails.
Bah!

[quote name='Kaijufan']It looks like we're going to get our first Razor trailer during the Eureka Season 2 premier on July 10. The preview for the preview clip has embedded video disabled, so I'll have to link to it.[/QUOTE]

Giddyup! That
original model centurion in the glass
was dope!

some news about season 4

big spoiler

Wow, lots to choose from there. Let's go with BSG. As Syfyportal.com already reported, three humanoid Cylon models will be completely wiped out next season. Well, I just found out (Spoiler alert) which ones are getting retired, and I can tell you they all have one thing in common: their gender

small not really killing any storyline spoiler

here's another tasty morsel: the name of the 13th Colony in the Colonial Scriptures? "
Cylon."

http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Ausiello

I want to read those spoilers, but I've decided to avoid spoilers if at all possible.

Anyway, a link to the Razor preview that aired during the Eureka season premier for anyone who missed it (this is not the clip I posted in June):
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwruKvEKfvk[/media]

the 2nd spoiler, while somewhat major, I don't think will ruin the show too much...and it will make you think about it while waiting for the show....the first one defininty will have major implications to onscreen activities.

The second one is a little odd, no one realized this years and years ago when the Cylons were made?

The first one is neat, not major because it's the last season.

There is also a major spoiler floating around about.... I hope I do this right....
A cyclon civil war with the toasters verse the human models

[quote name='bigdaddy']

There is also a major spoiler floating around about.... I hope I do this right....
A cyclon civil war with the toasters verse the human models
[/quote]

if that happens it will be very to watch cool....but the only problem i see
it doesn't apear the toasters can think, so what reason would they have to revolt? With it being the last season, IMHO it is a little late to show that the toaster have reasoning processes as well.

I'll make a whole thing a spoiler....

The toasters can't think because the human versions did something to them that stops them from thinking. This season they find out that the skin jobs have done something to them and they revolt, thus killing the human models for good.

[quote name='ryanbph']Razor comes out this saturday...also check out the shorts that lead into razor on scifi's website.[/QUOTE]

Comes out this Saturday? What do you mean? On DVD? I've already seen it.

[quote name='daphatty']Comes out this Saturday? What do you mean? On DVD? I've already seen it.[/quote]

It will be shown on Sci-fi Channel on Saturday, it comes out on DVD on December 4th.

[quote name='daphatty']Comes out this Saturday? What do you mean? On DVD? I've already seen it.[/quote]

Razor is a 2 or 4 hour miniseries that I believe focuses on the pegasus during the intial attack. It hasn't aired yet. Unless you have some hookups, and failed to share :roll:

[quote name='ryanbph']Razor is a 2 or 4 hour miniseries that I believe focuses on the pegasus during the intial attack. It hasn't aired yet. Unless you have some hookups, and failed to share :roll:[/quote]

I doubt they changed the story much but it was leaked back in October, probably earlier since scene releases are usually 2 weeks to a month before they hit bittorrent. And it's actually a bit more than just the initial attack.
It ties up a lot of questions involving the pegasus crew as well as events that were mentioned in the main series.

[quote name='ryanbph']I enjoyed razor. It was pretty good 2 hours of tv time.

Does anyone know when season 3 is out on dvd?[/quote]

Rumoured to be early April with season 4 starting a week later.

Yes, I know, Sci-fi Channel said that BSG returns in March, but that seems to be a lie/ly because that will only be a speical "What you have missed..."

I thought Razor was excellent and definitely better than some of the recent BSG episodes. Personally I thought the episodes in season 2 with Admiral Cain and the Pegasus were some of the best. I'm anxious for the season to get started.

at least my take, is that season 3 was poorly planned and overbudget. Listenting to moore's podcast while he watches the episode he was constantly stating how overbudget they were. Also the case with baltar was supposed to have a big (i think they were gemini) involvement. They cut it, and that affected a lot of the earlier episodes that were already filmed and cut. Being overbudget already, they had to do a lot of triage work to fix the mess they got themselves into.

I enjoyed Razor. Actually seeing some of the actions of Cain before she met up with Galactica was really cool.
The only thing I thought was kind of strange was that she wasn't taking everyone she could from the fleet she found. Between the surprise attack and the trap she had lost about half of her crew. She should have been drafting everyone she could, not killing family members of people who didn't want to join.

The lesbian link blew me away. I was floored when that was revealed because it intensified the brutality that was inflicted upon the Caprica 6 model that was aboard the Pegasus not to mention the way Admiral Cain went out in Season 2. Man... Pure genius...

[quote name='daphatty']The lesbian link blew me away. I was floored when that was revealed because it intensified the brutality that was inflicted upon the Caprica 6 model that was aboard the Pegasus not to mention the way Admiral Cain went out in Season 2. Man... Pure genius...[/quote]

qft

[quote name='daphatty']The lesbian link blew me away. I was floored when that was revealed because it intensified the brutality that was inflicted upon the Caprica 6 model that was aboard the Pegasus not to mention the way Admiral Cain went out in Season 2. Man... Pure genius...[/quote]

"Cain's a lesbian (she could be bi)! This was brought to you by Quiznos! MMMMMMMmmmmmmm... TOASTY!"

What a terrible ad. :lol:

So I've watched seasons 1 and 2... and have rented the first few discs of season 3... I've heard this season isn't so great and there are a lot of stand-alone episodes.

My question is: are there any episodes I can skip? It would be nice to be ready to watch the season 4 premiere this week, but that's unrealistic since I've probably only got time to watch 6 or 7 episodes this week.... But if I could skip 6 or so episodes, I could probably be caught up for season 4 by episode 2 or 3....

[quote name='zzl365']So I've watched seasons 1 and 2... and have rented the first few discs of season 3... I've heard this season isn't so great and there are a lot of stand-alone episodes.

My question is: are there any episodes I can skip? It would be nice to be ready to watch the season 4 premiere this week, but that's unrealistic since I've probably only got time to watch 6 or 7 episodes this week.... But if I could skip 6 or so episodes, I could probably be caught up for season 4 by episode 2 or 3....[/QUOTE]

Skipping episodes is sacrilege. Don't you dare do it.

[quote name='zzl365']So I've watched seasons 1 and 2... and have rented the first few discs of season 3... I've heard this season isn't so great and there are a lot of stand-alone episodes.

My question is: are there any episodes I can skip? It would be nice to be ready to watch the season 4 premiere this week, but that's unrealistic since I've probably only got time to watch 6 or 7 episodes this week.... But if I could skip 6 or so episodes, I could probably be caught up for season 4 by episode 2 or 3....[/QUOTE]

• Unfinished Business, aka "That fucking lame Boxing Episode"
  • Taking a Break From All Your Worries, "The REALLY Soap Opera-y One"
  • The Woman King, "The Stupid one About Disease"
  • A Day in the Life, "Not the Beatles Song. Just Really Lame."

The last 3 were right in a row, so they really made that part of the season drag.

I think it's time to make a BSG The Forth and Final Season thread.

And you can skip most of the middle of season 3, it's trash.

This is funny...

Edward James Olmos, who plays Adm. William Adama on SCI FI Channel's series Battlestar Galactica, told SCI FI Wire that it's not inconceivable that all of the characters will die by the end of the upcoming fourth and final season--and that would be OK with him.

Not that that is in any way a spoiler for the upcoming season. But Olmos said it would be fitting for a show that he called a "commentary on our times" and the "most worthwhile piece of television" he has ever done.

"Basically, if it’s true to form, no one makes it," Olmos said in an interview at SCI FI's upfront presentation to advertisers in New York earlier this month.
I believe most will die.

And Sci-fi on Monday is showing most season 1, then Tuesday season one finale and season 2, then the rest of season 2 Wednesday, then season 3 on Thursday and Friday.

So if you have a Tivo you could watch EVERY episode. :)

while season 4 was hacked up a lot, it had a lot to do with changing the plans for the trial...on ron moores podcast he talked about it a lot...he does his podcast while watching the previous weeks episode and he comments on how/what/why each scene was done...

[quote name='ryanbph']while season 4 [/quote]

Season 3. ;)

And He decided to hack it up, and that was a mistake. It would have been a lot better if he kept the storyline of everyone hating that certain colony's people in the season.

But still, a lot of season three was garbage because of what they did to the characters and the insultingly dumb love square.

The problem is that the love story episodes actually have an important storyline dealing with finding Earth. So you need to watch the episodes and just fast forward through the trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back