Bayonetta 2 $29.99 (S), Tales of Vesperia $14.99 (S), RE Revelations Collection $14.99 (S) at Target YMMV

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!
Bought these 3 games today at Target. Obviously they are on sale but doesn’t seem to be a advertised sale as no signs are up and don’t see them in the weekly ad. Also don’t see them on the website. Posting the receipt so people can get the DPCI numbers. Also saw Monster Hunter Generations and Moonlighter both for the Switch for $19.99. Sorry for the sideway pic. [attachment=33284:image.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldnt you grab Bayonetta 2 at a store where its $60, then take it to another store where brickseek says $30 and then tell customer service you want a price adjustment since it dropped to $30?
Yes. This works. This is exactly what I did.
Thanks for the advice guys, worked for me! I managed to track down the last copy in a 50 mile radius not too far from me. It rang up full price, bought it, then took it to a Target that Brickseek showed as 50% off. The weird thing was the employee who was doing my return/rebuy said it was weird that the store was charging $59.99 in the first place, she said in her computer it said the $29.99 was supposed to be the standard price for all stores and it should be the same across them all.

Tried to go to a further target for Bayonetta, which brickseek said was in stock, but no luck. Not a total loss, managed to pickup the last copies of Sonic Mania (switch) and DBZF (Switch) for about $20 each. Decided to just buy from the website and ship to my house and will go to a local target to return and rebuy. Hope this works.

Tried to go to a further target for Bayonetta, which brickseek said was in stock, but no luck. Not a total loss, managed to pickup the last copies of Sonic Mania (switch) and DBZF (Switch) for about $20 each. Decided to just buy from the website and ship to my house and will go to a local target to return and rebuy. Hope this works.
Same for me. Going to head out soon to see if there is one. If not, going to buy something to make up for the trip. Just trying to get the bayonetta 2 as the first game has been announced for the other two console today. I want to support platinum games since I love their works.

Was wondering if anyone has run across an extra copy of either, for Switch: Moonlighter or Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom.

I have an extra Owlboy. Or is there an X1/PS4 title we could do a send & swap with?

Tell me here or PM me.

Was wondering if anyone has run across an extra copy of either, for Switch: Moonlighter or Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom.

I have an extra Owlboy. Or is there an X1/PS4 title we could do a send & swap with?

I ran into this, searched everywhere at the only Target in my area that showed in stock. A couple employees ended up finding them in the back.

I found my copy of bayonetta 2 in the same place where it show in stock from brickseek. The game was in the electronics section cashier had maybe another 4 or 5 copy left after my purchase. I'm happy I went there as I use the trip to scout for job opportunities for me and another family member. Now I'm done with my holiday shopping for myself. xD

I'm super done with this sale but my final haul after going to five different locations, two buy my office and three by my house.

NBA Playgrounds Switch $10
Sonic Forces Switch $10
Steamworld Dig 2 Switch $10
Monster Hunter Generation Switch $15
Trials Rising Switch $15

As gifts for xmas

Monster Hunter XBO $10

Skyrim XBO $15

The only game I wanted and didn't find was Tales of Vesperia Switch.

I found one copy for PS4 but it was ringing up at full price.

Managed to track down Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well! Again the last copy in a 50 mile radius and again located in the back. Wish I searched for it yesterday because it was at the same store I return/rebought Bayonetta 2 at, but all good. My backlog of games is absolutely ridiculous since Black Friday...

Found penny punching princess, Tohou Kabuto (switch), and Mega Man 11 for the Xbox one. All were $9.99 each confirmed after scanning. Brickseek said that my local store had Splatoon two bonus edition in stock but it was nowhere to be found on the shelves and an employee who helped me went to the back and could not find it. Still, overall pretty decent finds IMO.

I ended up getting Bayonetta 2 price adjusted at another Target yesterday but it was not a completely painless process.  Since it was purchased at another location initially the CSR manager first required it to be in the ad (which it kind of was, though not specifically) then required it to currently be in stock (which luckily it was because this location never put out the 50% off black bins and basically kept all the eligible games in the back).  Because of this I was finally able to snag Snipperclips for $14.99 (basically the only location within 50 miles that still showed some stock).  Also got Fitness Boxing (Switch) for $24.99 and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch) for $14.99.

I ordered Bayonetta 2 for in store pick up at the only store within a 50 miles radius that had it for $59.99 hoping to adjust the price at another store that had it for half off. When I picked it up at customer service, I asked how much it was and the lady confirmed it was $59.99. I explained that it was one of the games listed in their weekly ad that was 50% off and showed her on the app from my phone. She didn’t seem to care to look at my phone and proceeded to look in the paper ad thinking she would see a picture of the game as one of the items on sale. When she didn’t see it, she said, “I don’t care. I’ll just give it to you. I wanna get out of here.” I was anticipating it was going to be a huge ordeal, but ended up getting the price adjusted for half off including my 5% off with my Red Card without any fuss.

Target all lists Bayonetta as in stock at local Target but the price is $60. For those that did the in store price adjustment what are you showing the customer service rep? I have the game(s) for Wi U but did not play them.

Stopped by my local Target for one last look around the 50% games. Picked up :switch: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for $15.

Target all lists Bayonetta as in stock at local Target but the price is $60. For those that did the in store price adjustment what are you showing the customer service rep? I have the game(s) for Wi U but did not play them.
On page 12 of the online ad: https://weeklyad.target.com/promotions?code=Target-20191208&page=12

Hover over the 50% off games, click "see details", then scroll down to Bayonetta 2. I think that's the only place Target officially announced that Bayonetta 2 should be 50% off. Some Targets already automatically had the price adjusted in their systems, but otherwise you would have to show them that list.

I went to the weekly ad on my app and went to the page where it was advertised. If you scroll down, you’ll see the section where it says 50% off 100s of video games. Click on that and it’ll list all the games that are half off. Bayonetta shows that it’s $59.99, but told the lady that it should be half off and she honored the deal.

So here's a nice holiday story. I got my sister's kids the original :ps4: Overcooked last year and they loved it. They played it as a family (my niece, nephew, their dad, and sometimes my sister would join in too) and beat the game. I've been looking for a deal on the sequel for a while now and noticed that it is on the 50% off list. Unfortunately, there are no Targets with stock anywhere near me, so I couldn't find it. I decided to try asking in chat if they could match the deal online. The rep I got said sure, told me to place the order and then he would adjust for the sale afterwards.

After I place the order and give him the order number, he replies:

target-chat.jpg

I am still shocked. What an amazing gesture for the holidays. Big thanks to Joey and Target ^^

Happy to hear people having so much success with the bayonetta re-buy. My area has been totally wiped out since this deal was announced. Platinum is my favorite dev but i shamefully have bayo2 on wii-u sitting around unplayed in my backlog. Hoping another retailer gers a 50% off sale on this. Then i'll play it right away lol.

For those of you that did not attempt the return & re-buy of Bayonetta 2, it seems like the price did change at the stores that had the game for $59.99.  Both stores in my area that had the game for $59.99 both now have the game listed for $29.99.  I went ahead and picked up the last copy at one of my local Target locations that had the game.  Glad that I waited  :whee:

For those of you that did not attempt the return & re-buy of Bayonetta 2, it seems like the price did change at the stores that had the game for $59.99. Both stores in my area that had the game for $59.99 both now have the game listed for $29.99. I went ahead and picked up the last copy at one of my local Target locations that had the game. Glad that I waited :whee:
Yeah, I just checked my local stores and every single one of them was now showing $29.99 for Bayonetta 2 when about half of them still had it for $59.99 last week. Also checked Fitness Boxing and the same story - $24.99 everywhere now instead of only a handful of stores. So it sounds like the 50% off sale is going on at least another week, and is no longer a YMMV situation.

Couldnt you grab Bayonetta 2 at a store where its $60, then take it to another store where brickseek says $30 and then tell customer service you want a price adjustment since it dropped to $30?
Aww yea. I got this deal another way. Placed an online order for in-store pickup. Then hit up target chat and asked for price match to store. Here's my chat.

Debs: Hi! My name is Debs. How can I help you today?

Me: Hi there i bought this a few days agoMe: #106113XXXXXXMe: the in store price for it has dropped to $30. I was wondering if i can get it price matched to $30 before i go pick it up.Debs: Let me check and help you with this.Me: great, thank youDebs: help me with the zip code.Me: 90XXXMe: it isnt in stock at carson but it should be at hawthorneDebs: Ok thanks for the details.Debs: Would you mind waiting a few minutes while I check into that?Me: sureDebs: Thank you so much!Debs: Good news, XXXXXX!! I've successfully adjusted the price of the product!Me: awesome!

bread's done
Back