Bayonetta 2 (without B1 disc) preorders available (GS, BB, Target)

uiengineer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen the dual disc copy in a long time at any of my local stores.  Anybody willing to pick one up at their Target for me?  Would like it for my collection / backlog, but don't want to resort to Ebay

I haven't seen the dual disc copy in a long time at any of my local stores. Anybody willing to pick one up at their Target for me? Would like it for my collection / backlog, but don't want to resort to Ebay
After fees, tax and shipping it would be close to $70 anyways. Should probably just buy on eBay.

What game released from Platinum games is consider the best?
Bayonetta 1 is better IMHO than Bayonetta 2. 2 still has zany battles but there's a little less omph the second go-around. At least for me. Still a an awesome AAA game and one of the big reasons I picked up a Wii U.

As for the best Platinum game, I'd say a tie between Bayonetta 1 and Metal Gear Revengeance. I think people here have forgotten that the non-canon MG game was developed by Platinum. Vanquish is good, but I felt it was a little wonky at times.

An oft overlooked Platinum title is Anarchy Reigns. It's a solid game with a lot of style.

no 60 fps no buy. and its been selling so poorly. it will sooner or later come to the real gaming platforms
I think many have already addressed this, but Bayonetta 2 is *never* coming to a non-Nintendo platform. Nintendo didn't only help develop the game but also funded it.

I admit even knowing all this, it was still a little shocking to see Nintendo's logo built right into the opening cutscene. Now that she's also in Smash, the character is -- oddly -- but clearly now part of the Nintendo-verse. Doubtful another Bayonetta gets made on other consoles. Far more likely we see Bayonetta 3 on the NX.

I think many have already addressed this, but Bayonetta 2 is *never* coming to a non-Nintendo platform. Nintendo didn't only help develop the game but also funded it.

I admit even knowing all this, it was still a little shocking to see Nintendo's logo built right into the opening cutscene. Now that she's also in Smash, the character is -- oddly -- but clearly now part of the Nintendo-verse. Doubtful another Bayonetta gets made on other consoles. Far more likely we see Bayonetta 3 on the NX.
Thanks for the input. By any chance u know anything about fake ds carts? Got Teenage Zombies for the DS and see that the label is dark and shiny. Cant tell if it fake or real. Purchase from GS fyi

You mean its been happening. The 2 disc pack has been $90+ since mid December mainly b/c there is no other way to get Bayonetta 1 on the Wii U new unless you're lucky enough to find a store that still has it. AND b/c that was when Bayonetta was announced for Smash.

No need to hate on the person either especially for breaking no CL rules.

glad i got rid of my copy a few weeks ago then

also, everyone go play vanquish. easily one of the favorite games last gen

I knew mine had one but you can use this courtesy of litepink.
Thanks for pointing this out. Checked my local stores and one showed 4 in stock.. I assumed it was a glitch and almost ignored, but I needed to head out anyway and this Target was about 20 min furhter than my local one but I said, what the hell and gave it a try.

Sure enough, I get there and there's a few copies there (looked like 3) and I snagged one. No luck on the PM though, they said the DPCI was different. I said fuck it and bought it... hurt like hell paying $65 for a game. Second time I've done it this year (Devil's Third being the first). Also sucked that the copy had those stupid pinch marks on the bottom back of the case.

What the hell, how are you guys able to PM? The people at my Target scanned the DPCI and said it doesn't match so they won't PM.
It didn't come up at all when they scanned the game. I told him it was on the website, and showed him on my phone. He searched the target website on his iPad for bayonetta and it popped up. I believe the 59.99 is completely gone off the site now so the 29.99 is the only one that shows.

It didn't come up at all when they scanned the game. I told him it was on the website, and showed him on my phone. He searched the target website on his iPad for bayonetta and it popped up. I believe the 59.99 is completely gone off the site now so the 29.99 is the only one that shows.
Yeah, tried showing it on my phone... the only thing that happened was they noticed how the cheaper one no longer shows the bonus Bayo 1 on there and therefore, it's a different title. Just my luck, huh?

Am I the only one who thinks this reprint is a rip off? They should've done this from the beginning. I think it's a rip off because if you check this site constantly, you should've saw that Gamestop had this available for $35 new. That's when I PM'd Best Buy. Good luck to those getting a price match.

It's been OOS on Gamestop site for months. It came back in stock randomly a week ago though.

$30 for a new Wii U game and $60 for 2 games is a great deal no matter how you look at it.

That's what happened to me too. The game didn't come up in their system so they just went of my phone.

PMed a copy without a hassle. Just showed the price on my phone. Looks like there are still a couple copies available in my area but not really interested in trying to flip this.

Finally got a response from Walmart, they have it but I'm calling corporate. The woman at electronics was a complete bitch about it and they refused to pickup the phone until I asked a manger if anyone was working back there at electronics.

Walmart's employees are complete pieces of shit. Shouldn't have to pull teeth and hear bad attitudes just to see if a game is in stock.

You may have issues with walmart PM. My guess would be they are going to nix it because it isn't showing in stock on targets website.

All the Targets by me are out, and haven't had any luck finding one at WM.  If anyone has/gets an extra one PMd  I'm willing to pay or have a ton of games I could trade.

Haha... I was at my local Target today (different than the one I bought from) and tried to PM it again. Looked up my receipt via my Red Card and was immediately told they can't price match it. I was pretty peeved because it took so fucking long but just as I was about the leave the lady said I could return and rebuy... ended up saving $33.:D:D:D 

You may have issues with walmart PM. My guess would be they are going to nix it because it isn't showing in stock on targets website.
YMMV but I managed to price match the last copy at my local Walmart today. The cashier had to look it up on their own device and tried to search by UPC at first, but didn't even bother to check whether or not it was in stock.

eve though i have the first one on xbox 360.. i really cant justify buying this version, knowing theres one with 2 games in it that has nintendo costumes. lol I REALLY wish I picked this up before. I had no clue they were gonna re-release it without B1. Now this game is going for $85-110 anywhere. Sigh.

Finally got a response from Walmart, they have it but I'm calling corporate. The woman at electronics was a complete bitch about it and they refused to pickup the phone until I asked a manger if anyone was working back there at electronics.

Walmart's employees are complete pieces of shit. Shouldn't have to pull teeth and hear bad attitudes just to see if a game is in stock.
When you pay crap and treat employees like they do that's what you get, disinterested employees. If they took care of them, they would get a lot more engaged, enthusiastic people. Walmart has decided that as a company that is who and how they want to be represented. Take your money elsewhere and send a message instead of berating people that already get the shaft yet often get the brunt of the punishment.

A used copy popped up at one of my local Gamestops a couple of days ago, so they're still out there, you just have to be pretty vigilant about checking the inventory on their website.

A used copy popped up at one of my local Gamestops a couple of days ago, so they're still out there, you just have to be pretty vigilant about checking the inventory on their website.
Same here. I actually got two copies: one didn't have the case, so that is why I got a second with a case. Both popped up at GS used.

People are using the preorder price for Bayonetta 2 ($29.99) to PM when they find MSRP copies ($59.99) of the Bayonetta 1/2 bundle at Walmart and/or Target?

Yeah that's what I did.
But are you buying at say Target and using Walmart's or Best Buy's listing to PM?

Because wouldn't you get shot down buying at Target and using Target.com to price match since the items would have a different DCPI? Same with Best Buy, etc.?

But are you buying at say Target and using Walmart's or Best Buy's listing to PM?

Because wouldn't you get shot down buying at Target and using Target.com to price match since the items would have a different DCPI? Same with Best Buy, etc.?
I've never had someone go as far as to compare dcpi numbers. It's always done off a picture and a price for me.

bread's done
Back