BB $4.99 pricematch @ CC

Wlogan31

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
The guy at CC told me they would pricematch if I had proof (literature) of the deal. Is this just in BB computers or what? I really want to get at LEAST one game from this deal.

Anyone want to sell me games? I'll give price + shipping...PM me

When they say literature, they most likely mean a print ad. Or something on the Best Buy receipt paper or something. A print out from the internet they won't accept, because they don't pricematch websites.

I tried price matching at CC on Monday evening. The cashier called BB and they denied any markdowns, thus no price match for me.

I was gonna try going back with the Gamespot print out but didn't care enough to bother.

I asked my friend at CC, and he said that prints from bestbuy.com would not be accepted, and that he couldn't pricematch other stores unless they were in stock.

The thing is, he used to let me pricematch from websites (although I don't think he was suppose to), but he recently got a letter saying that they weren't suppose to pricematch any other website.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']I asked my friend at CC, and he said that prints from bestbuy.com would not be accepted, and that he couldn't pricematch other stores unless they were in stock.

The thing is, he used to let me pricematch from websites (although I don't think he was suppose to), but he recently got a letter saying that they weren't suppose to pricematch any other website.[/quote]

Yeah, that's always been corporate policy over there. Back when I worked at CC, I was required to get management to do every pricematch, so I couldn't match websites or items out of stock at other stores even if I wanted to.

I've tried to do pricematches with best buy and CC around here. Both will actually try to call the other store and see if they have stock of the item, even if you have the printed ad with you. The only way I found to get around this is to go when it's extremely busy and there's a long line behind you. When I did this, they picked up the phone to call, looked at the line, put it back down, and gave me the deal. Probably no luck if the store isn't busy.

[quote name='Vajra']I've tried to do pricematches with best buy and CC around here. Both will actually try to call the other store and see if they have stock of the item, even if you have the printed ad with you. The only way I found to get around this is to go when it's extremely busy and there's a long line behind you. When I did this, they picked up the phone to call, looked at the line, put it back down, and gave me the deal. Probably no luck if the store isn't busy.[/quote]

Did you show them a printout, or did they just take your word for it?

Either way, those sound like my kind of cashiers! :wink:

This was not with a printout. The instance I'm thinking of was at a bestbuy with the Circuit City weekly circular. If I had a print out, I'm sure they would have given me the typical best buy "piss off". I just claimed that I knew a local CC had it, but I didn't want to drive that far. Since they had the circular and their was a line, they just gave me the credit.

I have a couple questions:
Can you price match with a BB reciept?
If they call another bestbuy (one that didnt have the sale ) and they have the game, but at a higher price, what would the CC employee do?

I was able to price match twice with two different CCs this week. I printed out BestBuy.com screens, and they worked like a charm. One even gave me 110% on two games, so I got them for $3.49.

I was able to PM with a BB receipt a couple of times. They didn't even bother to call the CC and just gave it to me on the spot. I told them that I wanted to buy it from them and return the ones from BB.

You guys mind scanning some Best Buy receipts, just to see if it works? I remember some people having luck with price matching with receipts in the past. It might be crazy enough to work

[quote name='Vajra']This was not with a printout. The instance I'm thinking of was at a bestbuy with the Circuit City weekly circular. If I had a print out, I'm sure they would have given me the typical best buy "piss off". I just claimed that I knew a local CC had it, but I didn't want to drive that far. Since they had the circular and their was a line, they just gave me the credit.[/quote]

Oh, okay... ha ha, I thought you were talking specifically about the $4.99 games. That's why I was all stunned before.

In that case, I've had similar luck with my BB. I was trying to buy the Wrestlemania XX DVD at CC, but they were out of stock. So I tried my luck and pricematched at BB (where it would have been $5 more). Luckily the guy didn't call, and I got my 3-DVD set for twenty bucks!

[quote name='lyric706']I was able to price match twice with two different CCs this week. I printed out BestBuy.com screens, and they worked like a charm. One even gave me 110% on two games, so I got them for $3.49.[/quote]

My problem is that the $4.99 games I want are no longer listed on the BB site. I'm wanting Freedom Fighters, Battlestar Galactica, and Crimson Sea for the Xbox. None of them are coming up at BB's web site when doing a search. Any ideas on what to do in this case?

i dont know but i printed out the freedom fighters for GC, XGRA for ps2, and Devil May Cry for ps2 right away so now i have proof of the deal!!! next time you should print it off right away. i have learned that.....

I called the local CC, and they told me they would absolutely not price match Best Buy's website on this deal. Strange, eh? My inside store connections at CC don't know anything about this. Any CC employees that drift around on this site heard anything at their store about the BB sale?

Strange, many CC's are varied. All I had to do was print out the BB internet ad, and even with all the games sold out, I managed to price match Devil may cry 2, metal arms, and RE dead aim for $4.99. But, like I said, it most likely depends on the store and cashier you go to.

[quote name='thegamer4787']Strange, many CC's are varied. All I had to do was print out the BB internet ad, and even with all the games sold out, I managed to price match Devil may cry 2, metal arms, and RE dead aim for $4.99. But, like I said, it most likely depends on the store and cashier you go to.[/quote]

Make sure the cashier is alone, it's relatively late in the day, and the manager is no where around.

These guys work for 6-7 bucks an hour, do you really think they care about their company losing money.

It would really work at the close of the store, they have to count all that fucking money and want to go home, they'll just give you it for whatever price you want just to get you to shut up and leave.

I tried to price match Freedom Fighters 3 hours ago Shaq-fu them they were about to price match it until they asked the manager and he said no since BB no longer carries it. :evil:

[quote name='Requiem']Good point. Psychology plays a part in being a good CAG.[/quote]

Exactly. If that doesn't work, make sure you keep working the injuries, whether it be an armbar or neck submission.

Oh wait, never mind.

Nice, this just worked for me. I brought the gamespot article and a couple of games to customer service to pricematch. Coming in to Circuit City I was hesistant if they where going to do it, but they matched the price and gave 10% off. The person at customer service didnt even call best buy.
I got:
Golden Sun: The Lost Age for $3.49
Wario World for 2:49
The Hulk for 3.49
I-Ninja 3.49
Beyond Good and Evil 3.49

I suggest everyone just try and give it a shot and hopefully itll work.
BTW I did this at the Circuit City, in Westbury, Long Island. The one in the source mall near best buy. All Long Islanders should try there.

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='Vajra']This was not with a printout. The instance I'm thinking of was at a bestbuy with the Circuit City weekly circular. If I had a print out, I'm sure they would have given me the typical best buy "piss off". I just claimed that I knew a local CC had it, but I didn't want to drive that far. Since they had the circular and their was a line, they just gave me the credit.[/quote]

Oh, okay... ha ha, I thought you were talking specifically about the $4.99 games. That's why I was all stunned before.

In that case, I've had similar luck with my BB. I was trying to buy the Wrestlemania XX DVD at CC, but they were out of stock. So I tried my luck and pricematched at BB (where it would have been $5 more). Luckily the guy didn't call, and I got my 3-DVD set for twenty bucks![/quote]

I got my WMXX DVD from a pawn shop for $8.99 :D

Stupid question, but did anyone try Sears for these games? I know Sear's policy. They will pricematch internet ads, as long as it's from an actual retail store you can walk-iin. Plus, they give Price match plus 10% of the difference. Add that to my associate discount, and I am the hardcore, super mecha cheapass x2.

[quote name='Skylander7']I called the local CC, and they told me they would absolutely not price match Best Buy's website on this deal. Strange, eh? My inside store connections at CC don't know anything about this. Any CC employees that drift around on this site heard anything at their store about the BB sale?[/quote]

From when I worked in CC, they didn't even price match THEIR OWN website when there were price discrepancies.
If you want to do this, make sure you find the pissed off employee and make sure no managers are anywhere around. Any management would insist that they call the local BB to make sure it is in stock. If it's not in stock, the corporate policy, when I was there, was "Go to BB then and buy it. If you can't find it, come back and pay our price"

Now that the local Circuit City has those new monitors/computers at checkout the cashier actually goes to the Best Buy website when I mention that "BB is selling Item X for this much this week." So, as long as the products are listed on BB's website a CC price match would seem possible.

Also, this same CC is price matching their own website as well although 99% of the time the in-store price matches the website price (the only differences I've seen are in some CD's being a dollar cheaper on the website).

by chance to those who pricematch frequently or have had pm experience,
does CompUSA pricematch their own internet prices?

I was attempting to buy a few computer accessories for cheap, but the cashier scanned at the "no deal/regular" price. It clearly listed $xx.xx on the internet, but B&M had it for $10 more. It wasn't like the prices for the items were internet specials or had any special price catches tagged to them or anything. Any tips on how I make the cashier submit the price to me? And no, I don't think wrestling moves will work, might cause problems with security. :?

Yeah i was just at circuit city today in Poughkeepsie, NY and they wouldn't let me PM the games from best buy. before I handed the internet ad to them they said the item has to be "reasonably priced." The customer service people were shocked at the low priced games and while they were examining the ad, they saw that the games were sold out from best buy's website and wouldn't PM cause the game was out of stock. It seems to me like they weren't gonna PM this anyway because of the big difference in price. ex: metal arms was still marked at 49.99

My CC told me that they refuse to pricematch if it's too low. I have a story about some dick over there, but I don't want to get into it because it just makes me angry.

[quote name='EstoyLoco']~_~

I wish they would just not care. If I worked at CC I'd just cut everyone deals all the damn time(including myself!).[/quote]

That would be cool, but I'm sure youwould be out of a job pretty quickly.

Unless it was an "internet only" price, they will match it for you in store, at least that has been my experience.

[quote name='gamefreak117']by chance to those who pricematch frequently or have had pm experience,

I was attempting to buy a few computer accessories for cheap, but the cashier scanned at the "no deal/regular" price. It clearly listed $xx.xx on the internet, but B&M had it for $10 more. It wasn't like the prices for the items were internet specials or had any special price catches tagged to them or anything. Any tips on how I make the cashier submit the price to me? And no, I don't think wrestling moves will work, might cause problems with security. :?[/quote]

[quote name='jshorr']Unless it was an "internet only" price, they will match it for you in store, at least that has been my experience.

[quote name='gamefreak117']by chance to those who pricematch frequently or have had pm experience,

I was attempting to buy a few computer accessories for cheap, but the cashier scanned at the "no deal/regular" price. It clearly listed $xx.xx on the internet, but B&M had it for $10 more. It wasn't like the prices for the items were internet specials or had any special price catches tagged to them or anything. Any tips on how I make the cashier submit the price to me? And no, I don't think wrestling moves will work, might cause problems with security. :?[/quote][/quote]

thanks for your help! :D

My CC told me they didn't match clearance items. Only regular sale stuff. :( Was hoping to grab Crimson Sea or Freedom Fighters for Xbox really cheap.

They guy checked the BB web site but neither game was listed anymore.

I went back home (Detroit area, Michigan) this weekend for Memorial Day and all. Since I live in Mt Pleasant while going to CMU and there is no Best Buy or Circuit City even remotely close, I felt kind of left out on the $5 deal. When I got back close to home one of the first things I did was visit Best Buy, unfortunately they were out of every $5, no big surprise, but somewhat disappointing. Later that day I went over to CC in Westland, MI. I showed an employee the $5 game list that I had printed off of gamespot. He seemed a bit surprised and went and checked the BB website to see if he could find any of the games. Finally he ok'd the deal, but then his manager stepped in and this woman made him call BB to see if they had any of the games in stock. They only had Freedom Fighters, so she reluctantly sold it to me for $3.49. I felt like I had gotten a good deal, but I still thought I could get more. So, I went to another CC, this one in Novi, MI. Walked in grabbed Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy and Wario World, went in to the front desk showed them the deal the cashier didn't even really look at it and gave me the 110% matched price. Finally, on my way back up to Mt. Pleasant I made a stop in Lansing, since it was on the way and went to their CC. The guy there said they would not price match ANY of the $5 games, however, I did find Waverace Bluestorm, marked at $40, but it rang up $9.96, so I got that.

Summary: Obviously this is an extreme case of YMMV. It all depends on what manager is working, what time of day you go (I went near close the first two trips), and how much the cashier cares. If you have several near by CC's I suggest trying them all, Wario World, Waverace, Freedom Fighters and Sphinx (all for GC) for under $20 total was well worth it to me.

I tried to pricematch here in Alabama while I'm w/my cousins but the stupid cashiers said that since "the web site had no games in stock" the deal would not work out. One dumb fatarse employee who was desperately in need of liposuction just would NOT call the damn store. I persuaded a different lady to and the store they called was closed that day because their entire shopping center was out of power. Horrible luck. And the huge lady (who as I walked out of the store caused an earthquake by walking around) would not let the nicer lady (who was a hick) call a different best buy. I swear, Alabama gives me horrible luck. This entire state sucks complete arse.

bread's done
Back