BB Call of Duty Black Ops for 360 Prestige $80 (in-store pickup only)

jazzman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tarskidx']I love the aggressive price drop here. I am still surprised though that they haven't done the same for Halo Reach Legendary Edition as other stores including stubborn GS dropped them around the same price as this. Those are just big and clunky items that take up space on their floor and you would think they woudl want to unload them.[/QUOTE]
That's why BB has a price match policy. Have them call a local GS that has them or show them THIS webpage from Gamestop's site(either on your web enabled phone or have them use one of their in-store kiosks to look it up) showing the $79.99 price and get it matched.;)

For those of you in NYC looking to pick this up in store. Do in store pick up online. I went in without pick up and was able to get one, but had a friend who went in about an hour ago, and was told they were sold out, and CS told him do go do online in store pick up. This is for the Atlantic St location in Brooklyn.

The website said it wasn't available in my local store so I called to confirm and they said the same thing. I decided to go to the store anyways seeing as I had to return some things. After I finished that business, I strolled over to the games department to see for myself and what do I see? 2 copies of Call of Duty Prestige Edition for the Xbox :shock:

Moral of the story is don't immediately believe what the website or the employee on the phone tells you. For all you know, they're trying to keep them for themselves. If it helps anybody, it was the bestbuy in Coral Springs, FL.

[quote name='confoosious']Don't forget to pick up 12 batteries for the car. 12!![/QUOTE]
i was shocked with the amount of batteries also, they could have atleast added a battery pack for the car

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Ebay or somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

Ebay, I'd never charge a CAGer that and I don't sell anywhere else. They got for 50+ easy right now if you are will go 3 days theres a good chance you can get 75. It's crazy imo.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Ebay, I'd never charge a CAGer that and I don't sell anywhere else. They got for 50+ easy right now if you are will go 3 days theres a good chance you can get 75. It's crazy imo.[/QUOTE]
I listed my code 4 hours ago on ebay and the fucking this still isnt showing up with a search. I fucking hate when my listings do this!!:bomb:

[quote name='Brother Daz']I listed my code 4 hours ago on ebay and the fucking this still isnt showing up with a search. I fucking hate when my listings do this!!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why that happens but i get sometimes as well. What worried me is when it goes live and has 5 hours missing.

[quote name='karatebear']The website said it wasn't available in my local store so I called to confirm and they said the same thing. I decided to go to the store anyways seeing as I had to return some things. After I finished that business, I strolled over to the games department to see for myself and what do I see? 2 copies of Call of Duty Prestige Edition for the Xbox :shock:

Moral of the story is don't immediately believe what the website or the employee on the phone tells you. For all you know, they're trying to keep them for themselves. If it helps anybody, it was the bestbuy in Coral Springs, FL.[/QUOTE]
Someone from Best Buy who's a CAG said a while ago that if stock levels are below 3 in stock for an item that they won't show up as in stock on the website.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I have no idea why that happens but i get sometimes as well. What worried me is when it goes live and has 5 hours missing.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I also dont want the SD flood of codes to hit and the price drop by $10-$20

[quote name='MidnightRider1']Has anyone had luck getting the ps3 version for the same price at BB?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well.

[quote name='MidnightRider1']Has anyone had luck getting the ps3 version for the same price at BB?[/QUOTE]

Just came back from local one and they had 1 ps3 left for 79.99. they didnt have a 360 version so i picked this one up. the sign underneath was for 79.99 plus the sticker on it said it was the same. went to two other bb to see if i could find a 360 version 1 store had neither the other had 2 ps3 version still priced at 149.99. not sure if they would ring up for 79.99 but i didnt check.

[quote name='Bubbamel']Hey everyone, I did not see this mentioned, but do not forget to use your coupon if you are a rewards zone member. I believe it is 10% off.[/QUOTE]
If it's the same coupon I'm thinking about, I don't think it's valid for items on sale. Did it work for you?

[quote name='Bubbamel']Hey everyone, I did not see this mentioned, but do not forget to use your coupon if you are a rewards zone member. I believe it is 10% off.

Edit: Credit to Incredipinoy... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283393[/QUOTE]
fuck, that could have saved me 8 bucks. Can I go back with just my receipt and get the adjustment? I already threw out the package. (i did in store pick-up and used a rewards cert, if that matters)

There are two versions the coupon.. the 12% off one that does NOT work and the 10% one which works. Hope that helps some on here.

@sadboy.. yes it did work for me.

@brother daz.. yes, if you bring your coupon and your receipt they can do a "return and resale" without having the actual item. I have done this in the past. Hope that helps.

:)

[quote name='Bubbamel']There are two versions the coupon.. the 12% off one that does NOT work and the 10% one which works. Hope that helps some on here.

@sadboy.. yes it did work for me.

@brother daz.. yes, if you bring your coupon and your receipt they can do a "return and resale" without having the actual item. I have done this in the past. Hope that helps.

:)[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanks for the reply!:bouncy:

alright, so the in store pick up isn't showing up at any of the stores around me, or more so not letting me after saying it does. Is this the price in store as well though...if its there? I know they do have it there several in fact.

Brother Daz, I'm not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly, if they do it as a return, you don't get your RZ cert back. Almost positive thats what happened to me one time a few yrs ago. Maybe they've changed it since then (certainly hoping they did), but you may want to ask them before you go ahead with the whole return/rebuy.

[quote name='godsmack13']Brother Daz, I'm not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly, if they do it as a return, you don't get your RZ cert back. Almost positive thats what happened to me one time a few yrs ago. Maybe they've changed it since then (certainly hoping they did), but you may want to ask them before you go ahead with the whole return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

You'll get it back, but in the form of points reapplied to your account. Definitely wouldn't be able to use it on the rebuy, though.

Is the ps3 version better? I stopped by one today and waffled something fierce. I was so tempted but couldn't pull the trigger. mainly because I have the hardened edition and compared to the last one the contents to me were weak. How is the rc unit?

[quote name='gepet0']Is the ps3 version better? I stopped by one today and waffled something fierce. I was so tempted but couldn't pull the trigger. mainly because I have the hardened edition and compared to the last one the contents to me were weak. How is the rc unit?[/QUOTE]
It's more rare and the zombie maps code alone can sell for about $85 - $90 after fees.

the RC unit is fun for a while and is pretty cool but it drains batteries and it's not a fast RC car. Pretty neat though. Easily worth the extra $20 over the hardened.

just bought this in store. ran up no problem. last one (xbox360). I didn't see a PS3 version otherwise i'd have tried that too. I'm gonna keep the rc car, and sell the other pieces(dlc,medal, avatar) I don't need it cause i own it already. Thanks OP

[quote name='confoosious']the RC unit is fun for a while and is pretty cool but it drains batteries and it's not a fast RC car. Pretty neat though. Easily worth the extra $20 over the hardened.[/QUOTE]
I went and bought a few rechargable AA's today for that reason. I burnt through the pack we bought for our son's toys for xmas today playing with it. Its definitely a cool little RC, not top of the line for sure, but still pretty fun.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I went and bought a few rechargable AA's today for that reason. I burnt through the pack we bought for our son's toys for xmas today playing with it. Its definitely a cool little RC, not top of the line for sure, but still pretty fun.[/QUOTE]
Damn. I forgot all about the batteries. Anyway, I just got back from adjusting the price for my prestige edition. I manged to scrounged up credit and used the 10% off coupon and knocked the price down to $56. Ima happy considering I also got $48 in credit for my standard copy of Black Ops at Gamestop today.

[quote name='sadboy']Damn. I forgot all about the batteries. Anyway, I just got back from adjusting the price for my prestige edition. I manged to scrounged up credit and used the 10% off coupon and knocked the price down to $56. Ima happy considering I also got $48 in credit for my standard copy of Black Ops at Gamestop today.[/QUOTE]

I assume that's with bonus for trading in multiple games? If so, you gotta give up details like that so people don't get confused.

Picked up (3) 360 & (1) PS3 prestige edition tonight.

Both stores I went to still had the $149.99 tags, but they scanned at $79.99.

For CAGS in my area, I can confirm that the Vancouver Mill Plain & Portland Cascade Station stores are now completely sold out.

[quote name='confoosious']I assume that's with bonus for trading in multiple games? If so, you gotta give up details like that so people don't get confused.[/QUOTE]
I apologize. The details are in the Gamestop's Trade-In thread. According to the thread, Gamestop is currently having a promotion where you get 50% bonus credit for trading in any game and using the credit towards their selection of pre-owned games. Currently, Black Ops base TIV is $30. With the promotion, I received $48 total in credit for trading in a standard copy of Black Ops.

Most of the greater Houston Area seem to be sold out. I manage to buy 2 Xbox 360 no Ps3, I'm only planning to keep one so if anyone wants another $85 due to tax.

[quote name='hqn101']Most of the greater Houston Area seem to be sold out. I manage to buy 2 Xbox 360 no Ps3, I'm only planning to keep one so if anyone wants another $85 due to tax.[/QUOTE]

College Station , TX is also sold out aswell, got the last 2, no ps3 version though, which sucks as I do not have my 360 right now, if any1 has the ps3 version, just the metal case, game and code, i`d be willing to trade =]

Grabbed a PS3 prestige copy (my store still has like 4)

The RC car is pretty sweet, worth the extra 20 for a few hours of fun around the office

[quote name='Sito']Grabbed a PS3 prestige copy (my store still has like 4)

The RC car is pretty sweet, worth the extra 20 for a few hours of fun around the office[/QUOTE]

All interoffice mail should be delivered via RC car.

[quote name='sadboy']I apologize. The details are in the Gamestop's Trade-In thread. According to the thread, Gamestop is currently having a promotion where you get 50% bonus credit for trading in any game and using the credit towards their selection of pre-owned games. Currently, Black Ops base TIV is $30. With the promotion, I received $48 total in credit for trading in a standard copy of Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, are you serious? I bought a copy at Target for 35 and would be more than happy to trade my copy in for DKC if they have a used copy.

It's definitely worth more than 20-30 right now but the price has been dropping on them. Right now you can still get about $50 after fees though.

[quote name='confoosious']Did you see the one sold by a CAG? How the hell does he get away with not sending stuff after he sells it? Why would you do that?[/QUOTE]
? wheres that and who was it lol?

[quote name='confoosious']that stevothepro dude. i was reading his feedback and he has some negatives from people where he just doesn't send them what they bought.

and then like no explanation. weird. like at least say "lost in mail. refunded" but nothing of that sort. just basically "oh well.. take it up with ebay."[/QUOTE]
Not sure what listing you mean but I'm sure he wont be around long. Doesnt make much sense really if he's using paypal since they'll just hold the money and end up giving it back to the buyer so dunno why he'd do that unless it's just an isolated incident where something went wrong.

bread's done
Back