BB Call of Duty Black Ops for 360 Prestige $80 (in-store pickup only)

jazzman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shiftymcneely']On a side note, I can buy 2 more copies of the PS3 prestige version, but I already have 5 rc cars sitting here in their boxes. Sold codes, game, and medals already, so just cars left. Should I make it 7 and do an ultimate demo derby?[/QUOTE]

Is there demand for the medals alone or did you sell them with the games?

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Ouch. Although, that guy must be the ultimate CAG. Pure profit if the guy sold the code.[/QUOTE]

That's not being cheap. That's just flat out theft.

Anyway, is there any way to get Best Buy to honor the online price? None of my stores are available for pick up even though I saw some Prestige copies today.

[quote name='etcrane']Is there demand for the medals alone or did you sell them with the games?[/QUOTE]

Sold them alone, but they sell for like $8 and you get like $5 after fees on EBAY.

[quote name='iPhone']That's not being cheap. That's just flat out theft.

Anyway, is there any way to get Best Buy to honor the online price? None of my stores are available for pick up even though I saw some Prestige copies today.[/QUOTE]

They are suppose to scan for $80 at the checkout. I believe that's what an earlier post stated.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have both and I'd say the Halo Legendary has better contents. The statue itself is pretty badass! I think I rather have the statue sitting on my shelf than the RC-XD. The RC-XD will get old pretty fast IMHO, its still cool though, and the steelbook is a plus. If I were ever to sell one, the RC would definitely go first.[/QUOTE]

I was just wondering which one has lasting/replay value? Halo Reach or call of duty ops? The only thing I think is great on Ops is the online/zombie mode which I like on World at War.

[quote name='The Punisher']I was just wondering which one has lasting/replay value? Halo Reach or call of duty ops? The only thing I think is great on Ops is the online/zombie mode which I like on World at War.[/QUOTE]

Reach has the best replay value imo. But both are great in that aspect, as far as online multiplayer goes. But I'd say Reach is more fun.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Reach has the best replay value imo. But both are great in that aspect, as far as online multiplayer goes. But I'd say Reach is more fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I hope they have the Reach Legendary drop like the Halo 3 with Helmet did.
I dont understand why people want this RC car. It looks alright, but to take 12 batteries is a lot.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Reach has the best replay value imo. But both are great in that aspect, as far as online multiplayer goes. But I'd say Reach is more fun.[/QUOTE]
I would also agree with this

[quote name='confoosious']Some asshole opened up my prestige edition, used the zombie code and then sealed it back and returned it to best buy. I asked the BB cashier about the weird tape on top of the black tape and she said that it was fine and that they were very good at spotting things that were opened when taking in a return.

In hindsight the microsoft seal looked tampered with too.

Whoever that shady asshole was, I hope he dies in a fire.[/QUOTE]

That is F'd up :whistle2:#

Sorry to hear that happened to you.

I'm surprised you guys are still getting so much for the code, when this deal first came up they were selling between $60-$90 now its lucky to get $60 for it.

[quote name='confoosious']Some asshole opened up my prestige edition, used the zombie code and then sealed it back and returned it to best buy. I asked the BB cashier about the weird tape on top of the black tape and she said that it was fine and that they were very good at spotting things that were opened when taking in a return.

Never believe the associates at Best Buy. They have a stick up their butts and dont know anything.
Remember, you dealing with Crap Buy.

[quote name='The Punisher']Never believe the associates at Best Buy. They have a stick up their butts and dont know anything.
Remember, you dealing with Crap Buy.[/QUOTE]
Worst Buy is usually the more common derogatory appellation. Although, I guess that makes sense with the whole stick up the butt thing, I guess. Anyway, I've been in similar situations with return/theft-fraud. I'd want the asshole who used the code to burn as well, or maybe have those associates' sticks shoved up the thief, if you know what I mean.

you gotta be some sort of real loser to buy a game, steal the code, and return it. seriously, if you are stooping that low to get something, you really should just off yourself.

I ordered this the 360 version the other day but haven't picked it up yet. I went to the store and saw 4-5 more for the 360 sitting on the shelf. If I don't pick it up will they automatically credit back my card? I think I may get the halo reach set instead. I beat Black Ops on PS3 and really have no desire to play it again but I would like the steal book..

Damn, that sucks homey. I just hope karma catches up to that douchebag.

I'm glad to say I was able to snag the last copy from my area. Also used the 10% off coupon that I got in the mail.

[quote name='junkie88']I ordered this the 360 version the other day but haven't picked it up yet. I went to the store and saw 4-5 more for the 360 sitting on the shelf. If I don't pick it up will they automatically credit back my card? I think I may get the halo reach set instead. I beat Black Ops on PS3 and really have no desire to play it again but I would like the steal book..[/QUOTE]
Yes

Whoever that shady asshole was, I hope he dies in a fire.[/QUOTE] so why not take it back??
Quit dealing with in store customer service then. Take the time and call the 800 number I've had numerous great experiences with them taking extra effort to making sure I'm satisfied. Hell I just got $25 in reward zone points the other day for a simple call.

Two weeks ago I ordered a 4gb specific brand and speed memory card (I'm a photographer) $39.99 which was on sale for $19.98 ...already had the $10 Holiday free gift certificate that you had to use before Christmas. So total was $9.98 shipped. They emailed me day or so later saying it was back ordered. I immediately called them, told them I had to have this for my job and needed it asap, as well as being a loyal repeat customer and asked them could they give me the same brand and speed of the next size up..So I got the 8 gb which was not on sale haha and was marked at $79.99.. for the same price I already paid and they gave me my $10 reward points back.. how can you beat that for customer service.

In store your dealing with younger grunts usually who aren't recorded on every call. Don't waste your time if they give you attitude. Ask to speak to a manager.. if that doesn't work call the 800 number I'm sure they'll help

Damn, man. If I were like some superhero vigilante, I'd find the SOB who redeemed the code via hacking into the PSN database and beat the crap out of him or her Batman-style, or make that person buy you a new set of codes. It's like, "Where are the CODES!!!???"

When I went to pick my original order, I noticed that the box seal was broken. I brought it to their attention & they found another box, but it had the same issue. Since they only had 2 & I had a bad feeling about it, I just cancelled the order there.
Fortunately another store had it & though I have not opened it yet, it seems to be perfectly sealed.
And their customer service was great when I went back with coupon for a price adjustment

[quote name='dominator']Funny story today, my girlfriend and I went to BB today to get this specifically, too my dismay, there were none left in the 360 section or PS3 section. They were marked at 79.99, so it was obvious why they were all gone. So I went around looking at the TVs instead, and my girlfriend sticks around the 360 section and asks a guy if they have any in the back. I went back to video games and noticed a lone 360 version on top of the Playstation Move display that had going. I was going to get it, but then saw that it was already open so I didn't want to even risk it, but just then the employee gets their with one in hand and tells us it's the last one they had, but it took him like fifteen minutes to find it. Needless to say, I got very lucky.

Thanks OP!

Edit: I saw these posters that people are talking about, but I didn't know they may come free with the game.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to ask about the bonus map and poster and after sifting through the thread myself I didn't see anybody confirm that it came free with the purchase - did anybody get to snag one?

I can still ship it to my store if I want to, but I already have the regular version and don't need this one! I want it to sell out already damnit!

[quote name='Donut2922']I forgot to ask about the bonus map and poster and after sifting through the thread myself I didn't see anybody confirm that it came free with the purchase - did anybody get to snag one?[/QUOTE]
I can confirm that I got one for free (e.g. a customer service representative gave it to me when I told him I had just bought a prestige the day or so prior). I'm not sure if it's technically for free, however.

Brakkuoppsu... Mission comprete.

[quote name='sadboy']I can confirm that you can get it for free (e.g. a customer service representative gave it to me when I told him I had just bought a prestige the day or so prior). I'm not sure if it's technically for free, however.

Brakkuoppsu... Mission comprete.[/QUOTE]

Good deal - the rep never bothered to scan the sku of the bonus map for you i assume?

[quote name='Donut2922']Good deal - the rep never bothered to scan the sku of the bonus map for you i assume?[/QUOTE]
He didn't bother to scan it. My friend who also directed me to the CSR told me I might have to pay a penny for it. However, he did say it was for free for those who pre-ordered the game. In any case, bring your receipt with you.

The hardened edition is still available for store pickup for me as well, I didn't notice this. I am going to pick that up! I don't need an RC car, I don't like them and my nephew would just cry for it and break it.

The $61 Amazon Xbox 360 Prestige Edition in "Like New" condition came with the DLC code unused, no joke. Pure luck of the draw. Amazon has their act together, it was ordered last Thursday and FedEx overnighted so I had it Friday.

Not quite as sweet as when Black Ops PC edition was $9.95 on BF from Target.com, but a good deal none the less.

[quote name='Donut2922']I forgot to ask about the bonus map and poster and after sifting through the thread myself I didn't see anybody confirm that it came free with the purchase - did anybody get to snag one?[/QUOTE]

I got 2 free maps today. The store manager just handed them to me when I showed my receipt.

BTW: "You're welcome" to everyone who got the Map. :wave:

[quote name='slowdive21']I got 2 free maps today. The store manager just handed them to me when I showed my receipt.

BTW: "You're welcome" to everyone who got the Map. :wave:[/QUOTE]

Are these physical maps, download maps or what? Im totally confused, lol.

[quote name='dyeknom']Are these physical maps, download maps or what? Im totally confused, lol.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, it's a physical map on a black cloth or something like that.

[quote name='dyeknom']Are these physical maps, download maps or what? Im totally confused, lol.[/QUOTE]

It is a physical walk-through map / poster that is folded and sealed in a plastic bag. It measures about 5x7 (folded) and it is made by Brady Games.

So i here there was free maps and posters for buying this?? Is it a given or is it YMMV per BB. Don't feel like driving back to my BB for a poster when the gas drive will probably cost more than the poster.

[quote name='NolbertoS']So i here there was free maps and posters for buying this?? Is it a given or is it YMMV per BB. Don't feel like driving back to my BB for a poster when the gas drive will probably cost more than the poster.[/QUOTE]
Bear in mind, these posters were originally given when you pre-ordered the game. It's not like they're adding them as an incentive now. So basically it's for completists and who can still find them in their stores, who've also purchased Black Ops recently.

[quote name='sadboy']Bear in mind, these posters were originally given when you pre-ordered the game. It's not like they're adding them as an incentive now. So basically it's for completists and who can still find them in their stores, who've also purchased Black Ops recently.[/QUOTE]

I purchased the prestige edition last thursday. Didn't think to ask the CSR for a potential free poster. I could ask, but not worth it for me. Im a collector, but not a completionist.

I picked up the Xbox 360 Prestige Edition on Saturday. Had to drive 90 miles to get it (made it a day trip to do other stuff in the area in order to maximize gas usage)! The box looks absolutely mint. $72 AC is a pretty good deal.

They had the physical poster/map pack but they rang up $9.99 even with the COD:BO rang up together. They wouldn't let it slide since it didn't ring up free as a package price.

I took the receipt to another BB on the way back and of course it didn't ring up free when they tried. They wouldn't let me have it neither. No one in their sound mind would pay $10 for it anyway so they are just collecting dust in the store.

Btw, I also picked up a 360 Quick Charge kit for $18 since they overrode it with the 10% off coupon. Should have picked up the chatpad too but it didn't cross my mind at that time.

Finally made it into Best Buy today and was surprised to find they still had one Prestige edition for PS3. I would have preferred the hardened for $60, but I'm sure those were gone lone ago. Shame I didn't have a 10% off coupon with me.

There's one prestige for 360 left at the Timonium, MD store. Thought about picking it up to sell it, but I didn't really want to be that guy.

I got the poster for free with my purchase. It rang up $9.99 but there was a code or something the CSR entered and it came $0.00. She asked one of the other CSR's when it rang up $9.99 and the other one new what to hit to make it free.

Found a trove of X360 Prestiges...anyone interested in trading a X360 zombie maps code for the PS3 combie maps code? PM me if so...

bread's done
Back