BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']If GI had coupons what games do you think they would be good on? Used:roll:. It would then come down to a $10 new game vs a $9 used game. GS doesn't make much on new copies which is why they pushed the used versions so hard. I have both subs b/c there are deals where GS comes out ahead & I do them when the come but BB just keeps the deals coming week after week month after month.[/QUOTE]

I think maybe you misunderstood me. I was just saying I like to read GI but love the deals in @gamer. I haven't shopped at GS in I don't know how long but I keep my subscription just bc I like it. Now that I'm unlocked at BB I have been shopping there like crazy. I just wish @gamer was worth reading

[quote name='district_9000']I wouldnt really be expecting it.. I signed up the first week on june and i emailed the customer service. They said i will receive my first issue in September. I went up to Best Buy today and the video game clerk gave me the newest issue and a couple of old ones. Worth a shot, i was going to buy the mag anyways for the KOA deal.[/QUOTE]

I signed up First week of June also and got my mag a few days ago. I was really surprised. I still haven't got my welcome pack yet though

[quote name='jsivley']I think maybe you misunderstood me. I was just saying I like to read GI but love the deals in @gamer. I haven't shopped at GS in I don't know how long but I keep my subscription just bc I like it. Now that I'm unlocked at BB I have been shopping there like crazy. I just wish @gamer was worth reading[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed. I have kept up my GI subscription for a few years now even though I rarely shop at GameStop. I would never get @Gamer if it wasn't for the coupons, though. So much of it is awfully written and/or pure filler. It's gotten a little better since the first few issues, but it's still pretty bad. On the other hand, I never understood why GI gets a bad rep, other than the affiliation with GS.

[quote name='cag1125']I signed up for Unlocked a couple of weeks back. The person I signed up with said if I don't get my magazin e by now (which I don't think it will anyway), they can just scan one for me on the site. So I tried today, and the supervisor said they don't do that. Long story short, no KoA today. He did say the 39.99 is a permanent price drop. Anyone here have similar issues?[/QUOTE]

Yes, on 2 seperate occassions. But the guys told me to buy the game and come back when I get the magazine and do a rebuy so I just did that, what a pain.

[quote name='mrclutch']Going to try to get by for KoA today. Hopefully El Hordo left me one somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Good luck. Did you check the stock locator?

The gaming staff at my Best Buy ate up most copies of Reckoning.

(Considering I got there yesterday right when they opened and they had far less copies than the day before.)

[quote name='lochdoun']Good luck. Did you check the stock locator?

The gaming staff at my Best Buy ate up most copies of Reckoning.

(Considering I got there yesterday right when they opened and they had far less copies than the day before.)[/QUOTE]checker says it in stock at a couple of my 4 semi local stores. If I do strike out I could just order it online then take it in for a return-rebuy can't I?

Not a whole lot to look forward to regarding the rest of these coupons, for me anyway.
I may consider PGA Tour, if it drops to around $35, but I have no interest in Street Fighter, kids already have Skylanders, don't play on PC so Tera is out, and no interest in Fable or the headphones.
The $5 off any pre-owned would work if my BB ever had anything decent.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Not a whole lot to look forward to regarding the rest of these coupons, for me anyway.
I may consider PGA Tour, if it drops to around $35, but I have no interest in Street Fighter, kids already have Skylanders, don't play on PC so Tera is out, and no interest in Fable or the headphones.
The $5 off any pre-owned would work if my BB ever had anything decent.[/QUOTE]ditto. Although I have some interest in sfxt if it will be 5 or 10ac.

Anyone have recommendations for the 5 off used coupon?

[quote name='Flacksguy']Not a whole lot to look forward to regarding the rest of these coupons, for me anyway.
The $5 off any pre-owned would work if my BB ever had anything decent.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Aside from the KoA and $5 off $10-20 pre-owned coupons I don't see myself using any other coupons this month. I already gave the headset one to a buddy of mines' nephew, but the rest of these are likely going in the trash at the end of their effective dates.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Depends on how low stuff gets... I may be in for Skylanders, Tiger Woods or Street Fighter if they get to $5 or $10...[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Street Fighter. If it drops low enough, I might pick it up.

Picked up a copy of KOA yesterday for me, but want to get an extra copy for a family member. Can you print an extra coupon off and use it or is your account only eligible for the one time use?

[quote name='DirtyBill']Picked up a copy of KOA yesterday for me, but want to get an extra copy for a family member. Can you print an extra coupon off and use it or is your account only eligible for the one time use?[/QUOTE]

One time use. Buy another magazine if you want another copy. Support @Gamer!

Any digital subscribers get their coupons yet? I'm still waiting on them here. The idea of a digital subscription arriving late is really stupid. Ugh!

Ok, so I had KoA shipped to store. What's the right way of going about this so I can get it without needing to wait 2 hours. Can I go to the pick-up counter and tell them I wish to cancel that order and just buy it in store?

[quote name='aaronandjenni']Any digital subscribers get their coupons yet? I'm still waiting on them here. The idea of a digital subscription arriving late is really stupid. Ugh![/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten mine either but I checked my email history for the last coupons and they came a day later around 2pm.

Seems KoA is (xbox) OOS in 4-5 locations across long island, which is a bummer. Even worse, one of the stores said they'll never be getting new copies -- it's discontinued.

Can anyone else verify? I'm worried, this was a great deal for a game I've been eyeing for a while!

No issues with my return/rebuy using the coupon on KoA. Traded in 5 DVDs for $5 coupons and got the following:

Batman Begins Steelbook + $5 Movie Cash
The Dark Knight Steelbook + $5 Movie Cash
The Matrix + $5 Movie Cash
Martix Reloaded/Revolution Double Pack

Left with a $5.31 GC left over from the return and buying thr Blu-Rays...I was happy :)

[quote name='confoosious']for those that are far in KoA: how much button mashing is in it?[/QUOTE]

I've played it through a couple times and Platnumed it. It really depends on your class. If you do sword and board it's pretty button mashey. If you opt for more of a stealth or casting route it's not too bad.

For those CAGs in the Madison, WI area - neither one of the Madison Best Buys have yet received this month's @Gamer mag. There were two copies of the PS3 KoA at the West side store as of last night and that store will type in @Gamer coupon SKUs for you if you ask the gaming guys. The East side store had 10 copies or so of the PS3 version and 8 copies or so of the 360 version as of about an hour ago.

nice just got back from bestbuy at frist i didnt c any copy's left of KoA so i ask them and they said thier should be 1 left so i looked all over it was hiding behide some junk games and i traded in FF13-2 surprise i gotten $13.50 so i only had to pay $2.83 for the mag/KoA

this was at the MYRTLE BEACH, SC store =)

[quote name='cancerman1120']No issues with my return/rebuy using the coupon on KoA. Traded in 5 DVDs for $5 coupons and got the following:

Batman Begins Steelbook + $5 Movie Cash
The Dark Knight Steelbook + $5 Movie Cash
The Matrix + $5 Movie Cash
Martix Reloaded/Revolution Double Pack

Left with a $5.31 GC left over from the return and buying thr Blu-Rays...I was happy :)[/QUOTE]

A bit off-topic, but can you explain this movie trade-in deal?

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']I did end up getting a free strategy guide.[/QUOTE]

Wow, was it the Kingdoms of Amular guide? Or just one that had been pennied?

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Picked up a :360: KoA today. There were 2 in store. Girl rang it up, handed me my coupon back and said "You can keep this. Give it to a friend or something.". LOL.[/QUOTE]
Picked mine up today. Same thing. About 3 left and the guy just handed me my coupon back. Don't guess I'll get another one. I'll leave the other copies for people that want the game instead of trying to make a buck.

[quote name='mrclutch']Picked mine up today. Same thing. About 3 left and the guy just handed me my coupon back. Don't guess I'll get another one. I'll leave the other copies for people that want the game instead of trying to make a buck.[/QUOTE]Good man. (takes a screenshot)
Just kidding.

Discovered today by accident that if you re-up your gcu membership any number of magazines will ring up free (which I suppose would satisfy inventory). A fine (and a little ironic) fella was kind enough to ring up two free magazines so I could pick up two KoA copies without getting him in trouble for using one coupon twice. Yep.

(if anyone's wondering, I re-up'd because mine will expire in September and all my bby preorders hit in October - since the $20 rz points are purportedly gcu only, I didn't want to accidentally miss my chance)

Picked up KoA for PC this morning. After reading posts in this thread, I was surprise to see it's still available at by local BB on all 3 platforms.

As soon as I walked away from the counter, I saw a few employees walk (quite quickly) to pick up a copy of KoA leaving the shelf very bare of both ps3 copies and 360 copies. So glad I went early :D

I rebought KoA for $10 today, but I couldn't find anymore Tera copies.. probably since the recent DOTD. Is $39.99 the permanent price for this game now, or will I be SOL if I can't find a copy this week?

[quote name='barrit']I rebought KoA for $10 today, but I couldn't find anymore Tera copies.. probably since the recent DOTD. Is $39.99 the permanent price for this game now, or will I be SOL if I can't find a copy this week?[/QUOTE]

not sure, it could be a temporily price drop like they did with ssx, and soul calibur with last months coupon. If you really want tera, my advice would be to find another store with tera if you can. Honestly it is highly unlike to go below $10 with the coupon

Best Buy still has yet to send the digital coupons, and there is now zero Amalur in NYC. Screwing over their best customers; giving their best deals to people buying multiple copies of the game to resell. I don't even know why I got my hopes up.

my gamer magazine hasnt arrived yet. went to local store, they have no magazines available to buy. no KoA ps3 copy on shelves... sad sad day so far. hope they restock on the ps3 copy. xbox had alot of stock still. wonder why thats the case.... is ps3 copies more superior or something?

bread's done
Back