BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Stop hating on real world ads. Some games would not see the light of day without them. Also, I think it ads realism to the environment.

It's not like you see a billboard ad for Pennzoil pop up in the middle of Dragon Age.[/QUOTE]
Again I play games to ESCAPE reality, not have to look at ads for whatever company/item plastered on in-game billboards.:booty:
[quote name='Clown069']wonder if the prototype coupon will work on the special edition. my BB still has like 10 of them.[/QUOTE]
It's been said about 100x already, that unless you get a really lax manager who will do an override, that using the coupons on CE/SE/LE's of games is highly YMMV.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Again I play games to ESCAPE reality, not have to look at ads for whatever company/item plastered on in-game billboards.:booty:

It's been said about 100x already, that unless you get a really lax manager who will do an override, that using the coupons on CE/SE/LE's of games is highly YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Or they automatically work sometimes like a few of the others before? your attitude annoys me.

[quote name='Clown069']Or they automatically work sometimes like a few of the others before? your attitude annoys me.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:Attitude? It's attitude to give someone an answer now, is it? It's just attitude to you because it's not what you wanna hear. But I took the time to answer your question, even though it's covered at least once or twice every couple of pages.

Have the coupons worked automatically on CE's? Maybe sometimes. But most of the time they require a managers' override and unless you get one who just doesn't give a damn, they're not going to let you walk out of the store with a $60-70+ CE for $30 or less.

[quote name='Burning Karma']I finished it up last week and do not remember seeing in real world ads in it. Might have glossed over them, though.

When should I expect to get next month's (the currently discussed coupons) mag? I figured they arrive like most magazines due, but since the coupons have date ranges, I'm just making sure. I signed up for the first time back around July 4th so I didn't get the July/August issue.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only panthers fan on here

:bouncy:

[quote name='Clown069']wonder if the prototype coupon will work on the special edition. my BB still has like 10 of them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']using the coupons on CE/SE/LE's of games is highly YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I think there's some miscommunication between you two. There's a collector's edition, then there's a limited edition which was just the first run copies of the game. The limited edition will work with the coupons, the collector's edition YMMV as IATCG stated.

Not sure what was meant by "special" edition but I hope this clears up some confusioin.

Truth be told, I always just group Special Edition, Limited Edition and Collectors' Edition in the same group. But if there is some sort of limited edition that is not considered a special edition or collectors/Blackwatch edition, then maybe the coupon will work on it. Although that will completely depend on the SKU's listed on the coupon itself.

Maybe someone who has seen the back of the coupons can enlighten us on which SKU's are listed for that coupon.

It all comes down to the sku.

Some games, like Bulletstorm, Twisted Metal, Medal of Honor, Crysis II and Darkness II, release a limited and non-limited (or collector's or special or whatever they want to call it) version. All versions will be limited to begin with, then later on in the production line, they'll shift to standard releases.

If you have a game like Soul Calibur V or Prototype 2 that have separate releases for their CE/SE/LE, they have separate sku's.

The coupons will work on games with the same sku. Using a Prototype coupon to get $30 off of the CE/SE/LE Prototype 2 (Radnet edition Blackwatch edition) is extremely YMMV and will probably require an override. I don't think you'd have a problem if you found a LE copy of Battlefield 3 on PS3, though.

[quote name='Scorch']It all comes down to the sku.

Some games, like Bulletstorm, Twisted Metal, Medal of Honor, Crysis II and Darkness II, release a limited and non-limited (or collector's or special or whatever they want to call it) version. All versions will be limited to begin with, then later on in the production line, they'll shift to standard releases.

If you have a game like Soul Calibur V or Prototype 2 that have separate releases for their CE/SE/LE, they have separate sku's.

The coupons will work on games with the same sku. Using a Prototype coupon to get $30 off of the CE/SE/LE Prototype 2 (Radnet edition) is extremely YMMV and will probably require an override. I don't think you'd have a problem if you found a LE copy of Battlefield 3 on PS3, though.[/QUOTE]
That's what I figured.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Truth be told, I always just group Special Edition, Limited Edition and Collectors' Edition in the same group. But if there is some sort of limited edition that is not considered a special edition or collectors/Blackwatch edition, then maybe the coupon will work on it. Although that will completely depend on the SKU's listed on the coupon itself.

Maybe someone who has seen the back of the coupons can enlighten us on which SKU's are listed for that coupon.[/QUOTE]

what do you expect, ppl are just greedy

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is true.[/QUOTE]

iatcg, you should really think about getting bf3, since you still play battlefield 1949 or some whatever that is called. bf3 is far better

[quote name='YBX87']iatcg, you should really think about getting bf3, since you still play battlefield 1949 or some whatever that is called. bf3 is far better[/QUOTE]
Nah. I rage enough playing BF1943 when I get stuck up against a team made up of solely high level players who can fly a plane blindfolded and annihilate me within 30 seconds of respawning.:whistle2:#

Is there anyway to check the stock status of KoA without going out to the store it doesn't seem to be listed on the website anymore.

[quote name='Pneub']Is there anyway to check the stock status of KoA without going out to the store it doesn't seem to be listed on the website anymore.[/QUOTE]

There is this lovely thing invented by Alexander Graham Bell called the telephone.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']There is this lovely thing invented by Alexander Graham Bell called the telephone.[/QUOTE]

Phone call?! thats insane its too dangerous!

used my $5 coupon today to grab the 17.99 copy of ICO/Shadows of the colossus used on :pS3: ... ended up being like 11 and change before a $10 code i got from BB blowout 2.0... woohoo! excited as i've never played either. just in case people were wondering some good items to use the coupon on, i also saw the god of war 2pack for 17.99 (the one with the psp titles they converted). or assassin's creed 2 is 14.99

Has anyone sold these before? I feel bad seeing some of these awesome coupons go to waste. I just subscribed to the magazine. I realize that this cycle of the magazine is a little late, but next time around I can sell any of the coupons.

Basically just pay shipping. I can send one, I can send multiple, I can send them all. I guess just don't be greedy in case anyone wants the others. $1 for 4 or so, $1.50 for more than that.

Is that alright by the thread rules?

[quote name='TooPoor']The blowout 2.0 gave out codes? For what?[/QUOTE]

Those were probably from the $50 store pickup order promotion where people were getting $10 codes.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Those were probably from the $50 store pickup order promotion where people were getting $10 codes.[/QUOTE]
Oh. I thought it was some hidden trick to get codes that I didn't know about:D

[quote name='Bosamba']I think there's some miscommunication between you two. There's a collector's edition, then there's a limited edition which was just the first run copies of the game. The limited edition will work with the coupons, the collector's edition YMMV as IATCG stated.

Not sure what was meant by "special" edition but I hope this clears up some confusioin.[/QUOTE]

i don't know what it's called, it's huge though. anyway my bad IATCG.

I signed up for Gamers Unlocked on 6/28. It has been 8 weeks since then and I have yet to receive an issue in the mail. All I have is the issue I picked up at my local store on 6/28. When should I expect to get an issue in the mail?

[quote name='Clown069']i don't know what it's called, it's huge though. anyway my bad IATCG.[/QUOTE]
That's ok. I get confused sometimes too with all the different versions they put out of some games. No harm, no foul.;) Sorry if I came off as rude, as I didn't really intend it that way.

[quote name='Sizu']I signed up for Gamers Unlocked on 6/28. It has been 8 weeks since then and I have yet to receive an issue in the mail. All I have is the issue I picked up at my local store on 6/28. When should I expect to get an issue in the mail?[/QUOTE]

Signed up around the same time as you. Checked online and says Sept is the next issue, so i went in store and the employees agreed to give me this months.

[quote name='thegreatone313']Signed up around the same time as you. Checked online and says Sept is the next issue, so i went in store and the employees agreed to give me this months.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to do the same. How were you able to login or register at the @Gamer site?

I dont know if this is where i should ask this but here goes. I have been an unlocked member for 5 months but i still haven receive my welcome package. What should i do?

[quote name='darrenaw9']I dont know if this is where i should ask this but here goes. I have been an unlocked member for 5 months but i still haven receive my welcome package. What should i do?[/QUOTE]

Same boat as you, I'd probably call CS at this point.

@Gamer customer service page: https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1345935438469&lsid=22381757184026401&vid=1

Or call them: Toll free: 1-800-678-3643

If you wanna see where your subscription issue is, I believe you just put in your email address at the link above, then click 'forgot password' and they'll give you one via email. You gotta use the email address associated with your Reward Zone account in order to log-in though.

For the GCU welcome packet, you're better off going onto the BB forums:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

There's currently a thread at the top of the page asking why their RZ GC isn't updated on their RZ account, but you could always create a new one. It typically takes one of the mods there 3 to 5 BUSINESS days(Mon through Fri) to get back to you.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']There is one PS3 KoA at the Union Square store in NYC.

It is on the bottom shelf of the ps3 section where it should be alphabetically.[/QUOTE]

Big thanks to jiggy for this info. Got it this evening. Couldn't believe it wasn't hidden behind some other boxes. It was just right there, seemingly waiting for me. One of the many reasons I love CAG.

[quote name='JohnnyS5']Big thanks to jiggy for this info. Got it this evening. Couldn't believe it wasn't hidden behind some other boxes. It was just right there, seemingly waiting for me. One of the many reasons I love CAG.[/QUOTE]
You're very welcome. I'm glad this went to a good home because it is not easy to find great deals in NYC. This makes it even more important for NYC CAGs to stick together.

It has been there for quite some time. I was hoping someone it would not just go to a GCU, but a CAG as well. Have fun with this Johnny.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']You're very welcome. I'm glad this went to a good home because it is not easy to find great deals in NYC. This makes it even more important for NYC CAGs to stick together.

It has been there for quite some time. I was hoping someone it would not just go to a GCU, but a CAG as well. Have fun with this Johnny.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again, I certainly will enjoy it. Definitely made my day.

Is anyone blown away at how awful the writing is in @Gamer? I just subscribed and this feels like I am reading a school newspaper in high school. Awful writing, really immature humor and writing, etc. That and even the editing is horrible.

[quote name='Lazer77']Is anyone blown away at how awful the writing is in @Gamer? I just subscribed and this feels like I am reading a school newspaper in high school. Awful writing, really immature humor and writing, etc. That and even the editing is horrible.[/QUOTE]

I'm not, but I also never read it :lol:
I will look at pictures if I'm bored

[quote name='Lazer77']Is anyone blown away at how awful the writing is in @Gamer? I just subscribed and this feels like I am reading a school newspaper in high school. Awful writing, really immature humor and writing, etc. That and even the editing is horrible.[/QUOTE]Couldn't care less they could write it in klingon as long as the coupons remain in english & keep the $5-$20 games coming I'll be subscribed. I'm not expecting @gamer to be wall street journal it's making me happy just being enuf's gaming deals journal LOL

[quote name='Lazer77']Is anyone blown away at how awful the writing is in @Gamer? I just subscribed and this feels like I am reading a school newspaper in high school. Awful writing, really immature humor and writing, etc. That and even the editing is horrible.[/QUOTE]

I was just surprised they don't praise everything in it like the magazine Gamestop used to (or still does?). I was laughing when skimming through the KH: DDD article and couldn't disagree with it.

I don't ever read them, same goes with the gamestop magazine. I read gaming news sites just about daily, so it's usually outdated info by the time I get them. I just join for the bonuses and coupons.

[quote name='Enuf']Couldn't care less they could write it in klingon as long as the coupons remain in english & keep the $5-$20 games coming I'll be subscribed. I'm not expecting @gamer to be wall street journal it's making me happy just being enuf's gaming deals journal LOL[/QUOTE]

I mean honestly I don't read it for high class video game reading, but if I am pooping or have nothing to do, I'll read it. I would just imagine Best Buy wanting to hire someone with more than 9th grade composition experience.

[quote name='Lazer77']I mean honestly I don't read it for high class video game reading, but if I am pooping or have nothing to do, I'll read it. I would just imagine Best Buy wanting to hire someone with more than 9th grade composition experience.[/QUOTE]

I usually skim through once when I get it. I don't take it seriously though. Four stars out of five to Steel Battalion? (80 of 100 Metacritic style). Wasn't that game so broken it was unplayable?

Considering that I rely more on the opinions of other gamers to determine if I'll like a game or not, the magazine hasn't had much of anything for me in months. I'm like Enuf, in that I only skim through it maybe once and then just rip the coupons out to use.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I usually skim through once when I get it. I don't take it seriously though. Four stars out of five to Steel Battalion? (80 of 100 Metacritic style). Wasn't that game so broken it was unplayable?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that got me too. I already didn't take them seriously, but when I saw that review score, I laughed, then told my wife so she could laugh too. That demo was so horrible I couldn't even finish it, and deleted that shit off my xbox for fear of contaminating anything else on it. :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you wanna see where your subscription issue is, I believe you just put in your email address at the link above, then click 'forgot password' and they'll give you one via email. You gotta use the email address associated with your Reward Zone account in order to log-in though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was able to retrieve my account number and found out that I'm set to receive the September issue.

I have two copies of the $5 off preowned $10-20. Any suggestions on what I should get? I'd prefer a $10 game down to $5 (as you might guess).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
For the GCU welcome packet, you're better off going onto the BB forums:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

There's currently a thread at the top of the page asking why their RZ GC isn't updated on their RZ account, but you could always create a new one. It typically takes one of the mods there 3 to 5 BUSINESS days(Mon through Fri) to get back to you.[/QUOTE]

I contacted them through the forums and had my problem resolved within 8 days. It turns out they had my address as "undeliverable". They are sending me a packet but not until the next batch goes out... in 6-8 weeks.

That sucks. I really wanted to use the "half off any guide" coupon on a Borderlands 2 guide.

bread's done
Back