BB Gamers Club - Get Matt Hazard PS3 for $10 with 20$ off coupon

yingfo

CAGiversary!
The Best Buy Gamers Club has a coupon up for 20$ off Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. Best Buy is selling the game for 29.99. The game has a very cool concept but I hear the gameplay is very bad. I wanted to check the game out a while ago but when I read the reviews I waited for a very big price drop. So this is my chance.

The coupon also has 20$ off Monsters Vs. Aliens and Madagascar 2 for the 360. Making M vs. A $30 and Madagascar 2 $20 if anyone else is interested in those games.

Here is the coupon:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_20

Plus the BestBuy.com listing of Matt Hazard:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...pe=product&cp=1&id=1218061082241&ref=69&loc=2

[quote name='kell']Did the coupon ring up incorrectly for anyone else?

I bought 2 hazards and it only took $20 off one. The coupon clearly states that there is a limit of 3 of the same title. The cashier and manager didn't seem to understand that, however, after some cajoling they gave me both for $10 each.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly from other reward zone sales, they have to be separate sales, not all on the same receipt. I can't confirm that personally, but I think I recall some other CAGers saying that in the past.

I bought it new, since I was in Korea and that was about the only game that was recent, it's really short but it's hilarious, it's supposed to be bad though it's a parody game, the controls aren't too bad, weaponry is funny as are the one-liners and a lot of the conversations. TOTALLY worth it for 10 bucks(also the achievements are so easy and hilarious, should get almost all of them in 1 play thru) *had 360 version*

[quote name='opterasis']Now that someone called him out, they're suddenly going to be for "family or friends".[/QUOTE]
No, they are not for "family or friends", I'm going to flip 2 of them to BBV and keeping 1 for myself, I'm not going to lie about it and I already mentioned it in the BBV thread this morning.
Good try though.

When I left, there were still 5 copies left at least, now you can believe it or not, honestly, I don't really give a damn.

Grabbed a copy in St. Pete. I had a $5 RZ Coupon too so it ended up being $5.46 including tax. I think just about any game is worth $5. Trades for $7.50 at Amazon so way I see it I am still $2 ahead in the end.

Picked up a copy along w/ a (YMMV) $12 clearance copy of Spider-Man Web of Shadows and the free Free Realms starter card.

I haven't played Eat Lead yet, but so far the other two have been disappointing: Spider-man is just unengaging and the VO is off-putting, and the Free Realms card is unfortunately only for brand new accounts. Will it be three for three for frowny faces?

Knowing how rare it is for PS3 only sales of any kind at any merchants (yeah I'm a bit bitter that 360 games are always cheaper and have more discounts) alone that has me intrigued. I'm a huge Will Arnett fan and a fan of FPS games, and a fan on top of that of comedy. Can't go too wrong for $10 for a game I figure will be at least alright in my book from back when I read reviews and saw videos...

Guess BestBuy wasn't feeling to friendly for Wii this week. Didn't see an offer for one Wii game on the BB Gamers Club website.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up.

Picked up one copy today and it's a very decent and fun game. Love the parodies and Will Arnett is funny as hell as always.

I went to Best Buy twice today... and forgot the coupon both times. Damn.

Oh, well. I'm sure they'll have more copies there tomorrow.

Thanks a ton! Tried to se the coupon on Madagascar 2, since it was on clearance for $30, but to no surprise, it didn't stack. Still got Eat Lead at least!

Picked this up today and used the 10% off coupon on Fight Night Round 4.

Display cases still had the game listed at $49.99 but rung up at $29.99 at the register.

sweet, I just found an old Best Buy gift card with a little cash on it so I think I'll be picking this up. Thanks OP!

Nice price, I likie.
151l1259.jpg

picked this up yesterday, played through a few hours, didn't really enjoy it that much

i think the TEEN rating really hurt its parody/humor

anyway the gamestop TIV is 8.00 base, so with hte 40% + 10% Edge, comes out to 12 bucks.. making it basically a free rental

and it's def. worth a free rental!

I'm headed to BB today anyway to check out the DS sale, so I'll probably pick this up if they have it (ie, I'm not about to make it its own trip). NPH and Will Arnett are two of my favorite actors, so its worth it for that alone.

Picked up last one today, THX, on a side note i found Mana Khemia for $7.49...i noticed the box art is different than the one listed on GS. Hmmm..

Do we have to sign up for Reward Zone online first or can we just show up with the coupon and sign up at the store for the discount? I haven't bothered to sign up for reward zone yet, though in hindsight I should have probably done so before buying a PS3 a few weeks ago.

hmmm, no go at fullerton worst buy. The system says they have 4 in stock. Actually cant complain this time though. Asked a girl there to verify it was in stock, she went and checked the cage, came back and ask if i wanted her to check in the back, she went and did that for me, and even came back and started looking behind some of the well stocked games to see if it was there. Best service i ever received at worst buy.

Still didnt get the cheap game though. I know the coupon says not valid at bestbuy.com, but i wonder if I order it online, when someone goes to pull it they might actually find one of the 4. When i show to pick it up, just do a return and buy it in store with my coupon. Anyone ever try something like that and have it work? Ive been denied so many times on stuff at the fullerton worst buy im a bit gunshy.

The inventory checker online side Unavailable but I know that doesn't keep track of stock once it reaches two or less copies in stock. So I figured I'd go and check anyway. They had exactly two in stock. SCORE! So I got one. NPH is in it so that's a must own for me, and Will Arnet is awesome too of course. Then the checkout guy was new so he wasn't sure what to do, but in the end it was $10+tax, so awesome there. Now to get Bionic Commmando for $20 tomorrow...ugh more to my endless backlog.

Picked it up today. Seems kind of silly to mention it for such a mediocre game, but since others have: If anyone in the DC area is looking for it, the Tenleytown BB had at least 7-8 copies left.

Got the last copy earlier from my local Best Buy. I missed it when it was around $15 at NewEgg so I was glad another deal came up. Anyway, I've finished the first 3 levels and I'd say it's definitely worth the $10. Nothing spectacular but there's enough decent gameplay and laughs for the price.

Hoping to get in on this. I'm intrigued by a game that parodies other games, and have wanted to pick this up for a while. Thanks, OP!

I dont see how its any worse than say gears of war just because it wasnt psyched up to be a populr game doesnt mean its bad

[quote name='slashkirby']I dont see how its any worse than say gears of war just because it wasnt psyched up to be a populr game doesnt mean its bad[/QUOTE]

its bad because the shooting mechanics just plain such. And its bug ridden, i remember I was just running in place stuck on nothing and didnt move until I was shot. And because the shooting sucks the game gets very frustrating at times.

Basically the only thing that kept me going was Will Arnett, breaking the 4th wall constantly.

Yeah, the controls are pretty crappy (why is shoot R2 and reload R1?) but I'm surprisingly addicted to the game to the point that I think about playing when I'm not. It does get frustrating at times though and I haven't hit the tentacle boss yet, which is where I heard the game gets really frustrating, so I might have to adjust my opinion later on this game.

Anyways, got the last copy that I saw at the Costa Mesa BB, woot woot!

Just printed the coupon and will be picking up today for a few reasons:
1 - I'm willing to try most games for $10.
2 - I like new games to replace the cases of the used games I pick up.:)
3 - Will go towards my 6 games for 40% extra credit at GS.
4 - If it's as good as Dead Head Fred then it's totally worth it.

Just saw this posted on SD. If you are interested in this game, you better pick it up soon now that the hoarders know about it

Tentacle boss -- here's what I did.

To begin, there are six tentacles. Numbering from the left, beginning furthest away, you've got Tentacle 1. Moving towards you, still on the left side, let's number Tentacle 2, leaving Tentacle 3 to your immediate left. On the right side, furthest away, let's call it T4, then moving towards you T5, and finally T6 at your immediate right.

For my game -- and I am assuming yours as well -- the tentacles will beginning their insta-kills strikes beginning with T1, then T4, then T2, T5, T3, and finally T6. In other words, they begin at your far left, and flip-flop back and from from left to right as they get closer to you.

The only place I've found to be "safe" from a tentacle strike is at the location of the last strike. So once T1 strikes, I begin moving to that location, steering clear of T4 (or T2 if you're slow). You -may- be able to keep this up for some time, but I didn't need to: T1 got "stuck", i.e. vulnerable on the deck, almost immediately. Once you kill a tentacle STAY THERE. I found that tentacles had some leeway as to where they'd strike, but they don't overlap the "area" of another tentacle. I wiped out T1 quickly, and from that vantage point I could eliminate the other five with relative ease -- I was safe from all of the other five tentacle strikes. Also, one that tentacle is gone you can use the cannons alongside the ship as cover from the incoming marines.

Once you wipe out the six tentacles the game auto-saves and moves to round two. I didn't have near as much trouble with the remaining boss fight, so I'll end this here. Anyone with further questions feel free to PM me. I will say -- on the final stage, once you shoot a "short" tentacle wait for the larger tentacle -- holding a mine -- to appear. You've got to shoot the mine while the large tentacle still holds it. Don't wait for it to throw the mine at you.

I hope this helps!

P.S. I am loving this game. I think it helps to be a fan of Will Arnett and/or Neil Patrick Harris, but the humor almost requires a more mature gamer, i.e. someone who's been around since the 8-bit days.

P.P.S. Actually, no -- scratch that. This is just a funny game. For anyone. I'm loving this purchase.

This game is total crap, I regret wasting $10 on it. The graphics are shit and the gameplay is so dry and boring. The level design is not up to par with anything in this generation and there is no multiplayer or co-op. Matt Hazard fails.

This game is worth the 10 bucks... WAY WORTH IT!

The graphics are OK, the gameplay is OK, the story is hilarious as are the characters. It's really fun to play and listen to Matt just bitch about having to do a tutorial and learn to shoot a gun again haha

Very much worth it!

This game is amazingly mediocre.... almost painfully. The most it has going for it is that the lines are kind of funny at points and it is (for the most part) functional.

I like being able to headshot everyone, all the time. With no-AI, there's no real challenge.

bread's done
Back