BB has SFIV TE PS3 sticks online

just got this message through wiialerts. that site really works. i recomend to anyone. now ill wait and see if my stick gets shipped and post back.

so, umm, this is TE coming around? you know, Mad Catz is actually making more of them? Or just left over stocks from previous production?

Thanks OP! :applause: Now I just hope it ships. I received the following from BB though.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Status: Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 05/09/2009 - 05/16/2009. [/FONT][/FONT]

Trying to decide if I should cancel my pending order at Buy.com - I don't want two of these, but I also don't want to lose my spot in line if something falls through with the BB order.

Yeah I just got one ordered as well. I have one for my 360, but all the local tournaments are ps3 so I had to pick up one for that as well. Got to use my Reward zone points which brought it below retail. Sweet deal.

[quote name='Zmonkay']can this be used on a pc? ie, are there drivers?[/quote]

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading somewhere that you can use the xbox 360 one on the PC, but not the PS3 one.

its actually reversed, I've already used the PS3 one on my comp, just have to set the joystick to LS. It was the xbox guys that had problems with drivers. On my system the stick was recognized immediately, no need to look for drivers, and this was with vista 64.

well, googleing was a bitch (kept coming up with stuff about the 360 one working) but finally found people that said ps3 works on pc too, so ordered. Had a 55.00 gift card, plus have a sony credit card, so will get double points on this, and I'll simply submit it for point redemption, so free stick for me! THANKS OP

Edit: and thanks for confirmation jterp7!

Final question: will this work for BC compatible PS2 fighters? I've got me a catalog that would be awesome to use a stick with.

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Final question: will this work for BC compatible PS2 fighters? I've got me a catalog that would be awesome to use a stick with.[/quote]

[quote name='goldvenom69']Can you use this stick with Ps2 games as well?[/quote]

No - unfortunately not at this time (maybe with a future firmware update from Sony, but Mad Catz has stated the chances of that happening are slim).

http://www.madcatz.com/faq/default.asp?Action=Q&ID=208

[quote name='Wildcat1080']phew, glad I missed it

I shelled out $200 on ebay for one last night. I justify it by calling it a ~$30 convenience fee.[/quote]

sure.. make urself feel beter....
but yeah not like we have time to be up at friggen 8am... ( i was at work surfin the web :D)

it was in my cart for a while... i just can't justify the $150 price tag. If no tax and free shipping, i might bite. And yes, i'm also glad that it's OOS :) But no, hell no, $30 "convenient fee" from eBay? That's three games right there!

[quote name='Furashu']sure.. make urself feel beter....
but yeah not like we have time to be up at friggen 8am... ( i was at work surfin the web :D)[/quote]
Pretty much!

Remembering that it had tax + shipping makes me feel even more better :)

why does everyone willing to pay so much for this stick? $200? You can get a custom stick with design of your choice and full sanwa part o_O made by one of the member from SRK or by yourself for cheaper or even at that price it'll be a dang nice stick. lol.

[quote name='luan87us']why does everyone willing to pay so much for this stick? $200? You can get a custom stick with design of your choice and full sanwa part o_O made by one of the member from SRK or by yourself for cheaper or even at that price it'll be a dang nice stick. lol.[/quote]

Uh... yeah, if they can actually get the parts for it. Lizard Lick, Akihabarashop, and most other arcade parts stores are backordered on parts still.

The stick is worth the money. I've put at least 60+ hours on mine and they play fucking amazing.

[quote name='fatboyjam']No - unfortunately not at this time (maybe with a future firmware update from Sony, but Mad Catz has stated the chances of that happening are slim).

http://www.madcatz.com/faq/default.asp?Action=Q&ID=208[/QUOTE]

Shit, that sucks, since I'm sure Sony has more to worry about that updating the firmware for one (well, 2) devices compatibility with backwards compatibility, which is dropped anyway. Thanks for the confirmation though. Looks like I'll have to see if the PS2 emu I've seen floating around can run any of my fighters so I can use the stick on my pc.

[quote name='luan87us']why does everyone willing to pay so much for this stick? $200? You can get a custom stick with design of your choice and full sanwa part o_O made by one of the member from SRK or by yourself for cheaper or even at that price it'll be a dang nice stick. lol.[/quote]

cause those guys are probably booked like eff with like 27189173 fighters coming out.

and i wanted one cause it has a cable compartment LOL

TE is a good deal for that price. You would spend just as much or more going with someone else making one for you for a similar quality stick. I can't wait to get some time in with mine.

Can anybody tell me why MadCatz is so slow in making these sticks? Seriously, all the demand is there. What else do they want.

[quote name='Serpentor']so, umm, this is TE coming around? you know, Mad Catz is actually making more of them? Or just left over stocks from previous production?[/quote]

They've been making TE sticks for the last few months. They still haven't actually covered all preorders at least as far as the Capcom/Digital River store is concerned, but still send out stock to other retailers for new orders.

[quote name='Vitality X']Can anybody tell me why MadCatz is so slow in making these sticks? Seriously, all the demand is there. What else do they want.[/quote]
they want to raise the price xD? Madcatz always been suck lol. I say if you have the money make a custom one yourself or get someone to build one for you. And all the parts are being shipped now. They're getting restocks of those parts recently.

[quote name='aegisol']They've been making TE sticks for the last few months. They still haven't actually covered all preorders at least as far as the Capcom/Digital River store is concerned, but still send out stock to other retailers for new orders.[/quote]

Yeah, i still haven't received my pre-order from Capcom. It the worst pre-order ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='luan87us']why does everyone willing to pay so much for this stick? $200? You can get a custom stick with design of your choice and full sanwa part o_O made by one of the member from SRK or by yourself for cheaper or even at that price it'll be a dang nice stick. lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah good luck with that. Also It's $150 MRSP, tho on eBay scalpers have made this a pretty consistance price of $200 which is only about $50 MRSP. A lot cheaper then they were just a month or two ago.

Also can't be a bad stick if every tournament video of a local tournament I see players picking up a TE in their hands at the end of the video. These are also easy to mod so replacing buttons and even the stick over time (if it's even needed) is pretty easy to do it seems.

Tho that sucks about not working on PS2 games.

[quote name='prateeko']Why the hell hasn't mine shipped yet? Or are they just slow at updating the status?[/quote]
look at the date......................order will be process and shipped from 5/9-5/16

geezuz what are they waiting on just your order? :roll:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah good luck with that. Also It's $150 MRSP, tho on eBay scalpers have made this a pretty consistance price of $200 which is only about $50 MRSP. A lot cheaper then they were just a month or two ago.

Also can't be a bad stick if every tournament video of a local tournament I see players picking up a TE in their hands at the end of the video. These are also easy to mod so replacing buttons and even the stick over time (if it's even needed) is pretty easy to do it seems.

Tho that sucks about not working on PS2 games.[/quote]
well yeah it's SF4 TE stick lol. It's provided by default at famous tournaments. But alot of the good people still choose custom sticks/HRAP3 =p (ex: Justing Wong). I am not saying this is a bad stick at all lol. It's a quality stick for sure. What i'm trying to say is for people that willing to ditch out so much for this ($200+ or even $150) they can find custom sticks with design of their choice for around that you know what I mean? And it will probably be available faster than these TE sticks.

And for those on budget and still want an arcade stick for your PS3 I recommend a Hori Fight Stick 3 (only around $60-70). They're very good stick for cheap price. You can find it on Videogamecentral.

[quote name='Furashu']look at the date......................order will be process and shipped from 5/9-5/16

geezuz what are they waiting on just your order? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Considering one other CAG said he called and they said it was already on a truck AND it says processing is 0 to 1 days, yes, there should be an update.

But thanks for trying to be a facetious smart ass...

[quote name='prateeko']Considering one other CAG said he called and they said it was already on a truck AND it says processing is 0 to 1 days, yes, there should be an update.

But thanks for trying to be a facetious smart ass...[/quote]

u placed an order at 8 am it hasnt even been 24 hours.
some people have been waiting like two whole months.

"some other cag" i dont see anyones post in this thread regarding that.
wah wah wah its been 10 hours why hasnt my stick shipped yet
maybe.. because people get off work at 5-6PM?
maybe because since these things sold out in like 15 minutes theres at least 100 orders ahead of urs?

good job being impatient and calling me a smartass

woo!

I'm strangely glad that I missed this since I definitely don't have the money right now. Still, I am wondering when there will be a day when Amazon will get the TE sticks in stock since they have free shipping and all.

Aren't they kind of "re-releasing" these with different skins for the Marvel vs Capcom 2 game coming out? Might just be better to wait for those if you're having a problem getting the street fighter ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='morphineseason']Aren't they kind of "re-releasing" these with different skins for the Capcom vs. DC game coming out? Might just be better to wait for those if you're having a problem getting the street fighter ones.[/quote]

rumors.
or that one link from that.... UK site was a hoax or.... a trial balloon to see how nuts we would go. lol

I'm going to assume you're talking about the MvsC2 rerelease...that turned out to be bogus

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/apr/29/mvc2-themed-fightpads-and-fightsticks-were-faked/

The $70 hori stick honestly does not look that good (no real wrist rest area), but the HRAP3 on VGC I could consider, but thats on backorder and for the $130 does not include sanwa buttons. For 150 the TE stick does not need to be modded at all and to me looks better aesthetically. I'm not a fan of the curved hori button arrangement, but to each his own.

[quote name='jterp7']its actually reversed, I've already used the PS3 one on my comp, just have to set the joystick to LS. It was the xbox guys that had problems with drivers. On my system the stick was recognized immediately, no need to look for drivers, and this was with vista 64.[/quote]

Yeah, no. I know from personal experience that the 360 sticks have absolutely no trouble being recognized on PC. This was on a Win XP SP2 system, no less. I plugged mine in, and it was instantly recognized by Windows as well as any games I ran.

As for PS3, dunno if there are problems or not. I can just verify that the 360 ones don't.

bread's done
Back