BB has SFIV TE PS3 sticks online

i'm trying really hard to get a ps3 te arcade stick first because fighting games are on fire this year. obviously mad catz didn't anticipate this level of demand but truth be told i had no idea so many fighting games were coming out this year.

just checked my order status when i got home and mine says it shipped. kinda sucks for ppl that have been waiting for preorders since the stick's release since i just decided i wanted one about a week ago and now its on its way. my advice is USE WIIALERTS.COM!!! set it up to send a text message to your phone when the stick is in stock. the system works great. i missed it the first time i got the text cuz it was around 3am when they came in stock but after i was notified the second time i went and ordered my stick. that easy.

[quote name='Th3irdEyeBlind']just checked my order status when i got home and mine says it shipped. kinda sucks for ppl that have been waiting for preorders since the stick's release since i just decided i wanted one about a week ago and now its on its way. my advice is USE WIIALERTS.COM!!! set it up to send a text message to your phone when the stick is in stock. the system works great. i missed it the first time i got the text cuz it was around 3am when they came in stock but after i was notified the second time i went and ordered my stick. that easy.[/quote]

This is a great idea, thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Furashu']
some people have been waiting like two whole months.
[/quote]

Three months and counting! Yay!

[quote name='jterp7']I'm going to assume you're talking about the MvsC2 rerelease...that turned out to be bogus

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/apr/29/mvc2-themed-fightpads-and-fightsticks-were-faked/

The $70 hori stick honestly does not look that good (no real wrist rest area), but the HRAP3 on VGC I could consider, but thats on backorder and for the $130 does not include sanwa buttons. For 150 the TE stick does not need to be modded at all and to me looks better aesthetically. I'm not a fan of the curved hori button arrangement, but to each his own.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. I did mean MvsC2. I already know next to nothing about the fighting genre, so it's hard to keep track of all these franchises.

Woot, mah stick shipped... and is scheduled to come in tomorrow! Time to boot up some FBA/MAME Soul Calibur 4 (only PS3 fighter I have so far) and rock!

[quote name='Th3irdEyeBlind']just got this message through wiialerts. that site really works. i recomend to anyone. now ill wait and see if my stick gets shipped and post back.[/quote]

I agree... I bought my 360 version thanks to the site tracking it for me.:bouncy:

Good news: my stick came today
Bad news: I don't have time to try it out till late tonight
Worst news: The fuckers shipped it in a BAG. A God damned white bag, like u might get clothes you ordered in. I paid 165 for this thing, and it comes in a fucking bag! The box isn't horribly deformed, but it does have some dents/scratches. The stick seems fine, but it is ridiculous that they couldn't put it in a box.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Good news: my stick came today
Worst news: The fuckers shipped it in a BAG. A God damned white bag, like u might get clothes you ordered in. I paid 165 for this thing, and it comes in a fucking bag! The box isn't horribly deformed, but it does have some dents/scratches. The stick seems fine, but it is ridiculous that they couldn't put it in a box.[/QUOTE]

wow, that is just 100% irresponsible and shows that they really dont care. Did you get charged like $5 for shipping or more? Cheaper shipping usually get fucked unfortunately

Yeah you can expect a freaking bag. My friend was pissed when he got his. He luckily got one from Capcom also (that packaging was FANTASTIC!! Much better than the DJ Max The Crew edition I got) so he gets to sell his dented up BB one.

[quote name='equest943']Yeah you can expect a freaking bag. My friend was pissed when he got his. He luckily got one from Capcom also (that packaging was FANTASTIC!! Much better than the DJ Max The Crew edition I got) so he gets to sell his dented up BB one.[/quote]

wow lame

the box is something i would want to keep cause it looks cool

Worst news: The fuckers shipped it in a BAG. A God damned white bag, like u might get clothes you ordered in. I paid 165 for this thing, and it comes in a fucking bag! The box isn't horribly deformed, but it does have some dents/scratches. The stick seems fine, but it is ridiculous that they couldn't put it in a box.[/QUOTE]

Man, if I see my box messed up when it arrives, I'm going to see if raising hell with BB will do anything along the lines of a discount at least.

Are you serious?! Someone should call and complain. This is $150 item. Ship it properly!

How heavy did UPS show his package to be?

mine better not show up tomorrow in a bag. ill be pissed. UPS says the item is 11.2 lbs. it made it to my state now but at this time its not making it to my house until tomorrow. ill post back when i get it.

[quote name='FuzTurtle']I bought a laptop from bestbuy and that also came in a ups bag. Luckily the dell box was thick enough.[/QUOTE]

wow..i mean for a 150 joystick that's barely acceptable but a laptop?!...in the end i'm glad I picked mine up semi local (35miles...), but surely a slightly beat up box beats paying 200 or more on ebay?

[quote name='distgfx']Mine says 11.2 lbs like the other guy's.[/quote]

Mine only shows 9.5lbs, so does that mean i don't even have a bag??:cry:

Well, I get mine on Monday, so if you guys want I can post my results. You guys will probably get yours the same day or before that though.

[quote name='FuzTurtle']I bought a laptop from bestbuy and that also came in a ups bag. Luckily the dell box was thick enough.[/QUOTE]

wow, just wow. i wish like hell they carried these in store because i'm beyond unimpressed with bb.com

Whoever is working in their warehouse and is packaging this stuff needs to be shot or whichever manager telling them to do this has got some serious issues. That is a pricey item to be shipping in a bag as if it were a dvd. At least my Capcom shipment came in mint condition and packaged properly.

As for the person who received the laptop that way, they should be calling BestBuy and giving them a piece of their mind.

[quote name='goengland']Mine only shows 9.5lbs, so does that mean i don't even have a bag??:cry:[/quote]

They took off a corner of the box while they were at it.

[quote name='prateeko']See, mine only says 9.8 lbs :?[/QUOTE]

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but mine said 9.90. I'll shoot em an email tomorrow and see if they'll do anything about it (not holding my breath). such a headache

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but mine said 9.90. I'll shoot em an email tomorrow and see if they'll do anything about it (not holding my breath). such a headache[/QUOTE]

fuck fuck fuck

Did it even have any padding in there?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we should figure out who's shipping from where to get an idea of who's getting what.

Mine shipped from Ohio and my box is 11.20 lbs

mine shipped from Maumee, OH as well and is 11.20 lbs. UPS says its only a few miles away now so ill post this afternoon about the condition it came in.

I had pre-ordered one from bestbuy.com back in January and received mine in early March... It was shipped from Maumee, Ohio and did come in a box. Been enjoying it ever since. I was able to order another stick at the store about a week and a 1/2 ago that was shipped to the store. 1 came on the truck loose and the other one came in the normal shipping box straight from Madcatz. So I would say that its a 50/50 chance. The original boxes that the sticks come in house 2 of them.

Got mine today!!! Came in the proper packaging with a mint condition box. i haven't used it yet but im really excited! I think that the people that have a weight of around 11 lbs will get it in the proper package. the 9 lbs ppl i believe are screwed.

Mine came and it was in bag, box is meh. I'm a little upset and was wondering how people were getting them sent to their local Best Buys?

[quote name='Th3irdEyeBlind']Got mine today!!! Came in the proper packaging with a mint condition box. i haven't used it yet but im really excited! I think that the people that have a weight of around 11 lbs will get it in the proper package. the 9 lbs ppl i believe are screwed.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it, thanks. :applause:

Sorry to those with 9lbs. :cry:

[quote name='prateeko']How were you able to order in store?[/QUOTE]

If the warehouse aka the DC shows a quantity on-hand on RSS. They can order it for you using what they call Green Screen. You pay for it that day and then they ship it to the store on their next available truck day. It showed that they had like 114 in the DC on RSS while they were still sold out on bestbuy.com. Placed my order on a Thursday afternoon and I received it on the following Tuesday when the store got their truck. They utilize this system for TV's all the time. Its also known as placing a Sold Order for an item. Basically if you know your way around their systems and can talk to someone who knows what they are doing, you have an advantage to being able to get specific items sometimes. Essentially mine was from the shipment that was eventually put on bestbuy.com come Tuesday Morning. I ordered mine the previous Thursday and it was delivered to my local store on Tuesday. So they held the sticks over the weekend before they physically put them on the website for some reason. Hopefully that clears things up.

congrats to those with a boxed stick! Out of curiousity, which shipping did you pick? I picked the cheapest, thinking it would just be the slowest. Stupid if it also meant plastic bag.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I picked this up online and got it readjusted for my employee discount. Total ended up being some $96 and change.[/quote]
i hate you so much right now... mine 149.99 + tax + shipping = 165 and change :(

[quote name='Nealocus123']I picked this up online and got it readjusted for my employee discount. Total ended up being some $96 and change.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you just order it in-store using green screen and save yourself the shipping.... you cheapass! Unless you spend over $2,500 and are a reward zone premier silver member anyway. Just giving you crap man, I did the same thing on a 360 stick but I ordered my PS3 stick in store via green screen. Enjoy your stick, they really are a thing of beauty.

[quote name='Zmonkay']congrats to those with a boxed stick! Out of curiousity, which shipping did you pick? I picked the cheapest, thinking it would just be the slowest. Stupid if it also meant plastic bag.[/QUOTE]

Got it in a box and I got the cheapest shipping.

Got mine in a bag.
Called customer service and they won't do a thing about it except to send a return label. Did anyone who got it in a bag able to get partial credit.

Nope, they told me to return it or whatever. I'm quite pissed since other people with the same shipping got it in a box. I want a replacement but it's such a hassle and I'd be out of a stick...

I got lucky. Received mine yesterday, and it came in a box (picked cheapest shipping). Sad that I haven't opened it yet, but I will tomorrow after work!

[quote name='Xiemos']I got lucky. Received mine yesterday, and it came in a box (picked cheapest shipping). Sad that I haven't opened it yet, but I will tomorrow after work![/QUOTE]

ugh, this just upsets me

Mine came in a bag. Fortunately no serious damage. The corners are a little scuffed but overall the box held up inside the bag.

I agree that the shipping could have been better...however, even if my box had been significantly dented I would keep the stick as long as it was not damaged. They're just too hard to find right now and I'm ready to play some SF4 with this baby.

So I called them this morning and I told them the box was damaged and the person helping me told me she would send me a shipping label and she put in an order to reship a new one and to wait for that before i return my current one. If it was going to be back-ordered, I could choose to keep the damaged box and get a discount (she didn't specify how much though). So we'll see how this plays out. I might just end up returning it all together.

edit:
interesting. they're shipping me a new one out today and gave me a tracking #. although it's sold out online?

bread's done
Back