BB - Rock Band Midnight

anyone know if Toys R Us is going to carry rockband next week? I asked today when picking up Mario + the 25 dollar gift card but the lady didn't know.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Crazy! Only crazy people show up midnight for game.[/QUOTE]

and where were you during the halo 3 midnight launch?

Thanks OP!

I was hoping the EB I pre-ordered the game at would have a midnight, but it looks like it'll be a no-go. I'm guessing the problems with the number of units being shipped is a big factor in that.

I wonder if Best Buy will have the same problem EB is in getting copies of the game. I know it's been reported that EA will have trouble shipping the game in large numbers this year. It would definitely suck if you waited until midnight only to find out the store you went to had really low stock numbers.

[quote name='asianxcore']Thanks OP!

I was hoping the EB I pre-ordered the game at would have a midnight, but it looks like it'll be a no-go. I'm guessing the problems with the number of units being shipped is a big factor in that.

I wonder if Best Buy will have the same problem EB is in getting copies of the game. I know it's been reported that EA will have trouble shipping the game in large numbers this year. It would definitely suck if you waited until midnight only to find out the store you went to had really low stock numbers.[/quote]

At least if the store you go to at midnight is out, you can go somewhere else once stores open in the morning. If you wait until morning and go to an oos store, you may have trouble getting one at all.

[quote name='asianxcore']I wonder if Best Buy will have the same problem EB is in getting copies of the game.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to throw this off topic, but...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?! :cold:

My sister already pre-ordered Rock Band for me, only about last week or so. We haven't heard anything about pre-orders cancelled, but is that what you are implying?

[quote name='imacgod']Sorry to throw this off topic, but...

My sister already pre-ordered Rock Band for me, only about last week or so. We haven't heard anything about pre-orders cancelled, but is that what you are implying?[/QUOTE]

Most stores officially stopped taking guaranteed preorders some time last week.

i was crazier, i waited 24hrs+ for ps3. at least i got one at that time.

by looking at this, i'm glad i got my preoder on amazon.

[quote name='imacgod']Sorry to throw this off topic, but...

My sister already pre-ordered Rock Band for me, only about last week or so. We haven't heard anything about pre-orders cancelled, but is that what you are implying?[/quote]

The EB games near me no longer is accepting pre orders saying they are only getting 5 of each type in. Ps3/Xbox

I pre ordered mine 2 months ago, not many people fronted the $25 because they thought there would be plenty and people are already complaining to the manager about this.

I might pick it up at BB if they are open and get a refund from EB if i get one, I dont care where i get it as long as i get it.

BTW I am one of the people that got shafted on the original release of World Of warcraft at my local EB so I dont trust em.......
(ended up getting WOW at media play day of release because a buddy held one for me!)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Crazy! Only crazy people show up midnight for game.[/QUOTE]
I've been out at odder places at midnight.
Edit: what do you expect from gamestop? I'd rather pay for shipping and get it online or wait a few days and get it somewhere else than give gamestop a penny..

I would guess this midnight launch will be bigger the GH3. I mean I drove by a store when GH3 was getting launched and maybe a dozen people. I would agree BB will send a LOT of inventory though to the midnight locations, and might be the best way to get one on launch day since most will just go in the morning. Why wait and risk not getting it when it's 99% you can get it at a midnight lanuch. didnt I read somewhere as well that supplies will be limited, not as limited as the Wii of course but still not walk into a store on a few weeks and get one either.

My Gamestop store is also hosting a midnight release for Rock Band as well as Mass Effect since they will be released the same day. I'll be picking both up, but I am way more excited for Mass Effect.

I know several other stores in my district are also hosting midnights so I guess it's a YMMV on Gamestop midnight openings for Mass Effect and Rock Band.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']lots of angry neighbors come early Nov 20th[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And the people who are complaining to the manager at GS need to shut the hell up. You snooze, you lose!

[quote name='Masterkyo']Crazy! Only crazy people show up midnight for game.[/quote]
I work until midnight, so I'm planning on hitting Walmart down the street from work monday night at midnight. I can't see why they wouldn't have it for sale then.

EDIT: I did the exact same thing with Halo3 and I was in and out of Walmart with my game by 12:10, while the line full of chumps at GS had hardly even moved.

I'm just wondering if there's free shit like with GH3. If there's free shit I guess I'll be getting it at Best Buy. SOLD!

i wonder how supplies are going to be like. there's supposedly a shortage and it's suppose to be harder to find than a Wii [ don't know if that means currently or when it was first released ].

[quote name='heyheyhey11']i was crazier, i waited 24hrs+ for ps3. at least i got one at that time.

by looking at this, i'm glad i got my preoder on amazon.[/QUOTE]

how? you got around $2000-$2500, that means you got paid somewhere around 100 an hour just for sitting in a line somewhere.

[quote name='sp00ge']I work until midnight, so I'm planning on hitting Walmart down the street from work monday night at midnight. I can't see why they wouldn't have it for sale then.

EDIT: I did the exact same thing with Halo3 and I was in and out of Walmart with my game by 12:10, while the line full of chumps at GS had hardly even moved.[/QUOTE]

I got a feeling this isn't gonna be like Halo 3. I too walked in and out of Walmart and got my Halo 3. They can mass produce a disc lot easier than mass produce all the instruments. Not to mention it's already been announced that this is gonna be hard to find.

ha, i might pre-order this at my Best Buy.

hopefully they make the same mistake they did when I pre-ordered GH3.

so, i picked up my copy of the GH3 game only at the midnight launch with my in-store pickup email. they had a few problems and had to call over a manager because apparently they didn't bring out the .com orders, but they gave me mine anyway. monday rolls around and I get an email from Best Buy saying I didn't pick up my GH3. Ok...I print the email and swing by Best Buy to see what's up. I get to the register and they have the whole GH3 bundle waiting for me. I ran out of there as fast as I could. Suckers!

[quote name='gamcreator']I got a feeling this isn't gonna be like Halo 3. I too walked in and out of Walmart and got my Halo 3. They can mass produce a disc lot easier than mass produce all the instruments. Not to mention it's already been announced that this is gonna be hard to find.[/quote]

I don't foresee that much trouble for me. RockBand isn't nearly as hyped up as Halo3, especially around here. I also don't foresee many people in this town willing to drop $170 on a game.

Well I pre-ordered the bundle for the 360 at amazon.com AND gamestop. They better not cancel my pre-order at GS. I hope that my GS has a midnight launch. That would be awesome.

bread's done
Back