BC update out now! 21 games! Doom 3 and Lego Star Wars!

[quote name='mtxbass1']I posted earlier in the thread that I tried out the Doom 3 Collectors Edition. Both Doom 3 and Ultimate Doom ran fine. Doom 3 was actually nice looking really.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed it. Thanks though.

I've been thinking about giving Doom 3 another try. My local TRU still has a handful of Doom 3 copies for only $9.98.

I noticed something weird with Doom 3 this afternoon.. the sound emulation seemed a little off, as well as the graphics a little blurrier (or maybe I didn't notice it when it released). My subwoofer wasn't producing bass as well as it did on the original Xbox (it works fine with every other game and DVD). Anybody else notice this?

[quote name='mtxbass1']I for one am SOOO GRATEFUL that they took the time to convert Bad Boys 2. I mean, why waste your time converting oh, I don't know, ANY of Microsofts top selling games when you can have the awesomeness that is Bad Boys 2! This update is truely pathetic. Granted Doom 3 and Lego Star Wars (and around 6 others) are good updates, but why Zapper? Why Minority Report? Did Tom Cruise jump on Moore's couch just so he could push for MR to be ported over?

And for those who are wondering, the Doom 3 Collectors Edition does work in the update. I've noticed no slowdown as of yet playing Doom 3 or the ultimate doom on this update.[/QUOTE]

They didn't convert anything. That isn't how it works. The better the emulator gets at replicating the exact behavior of the Xbox chipset on the 360 the more games will run. It doesn't matter if they were good games or bad games.

It may seem like a waste of time to test and verifiy crap games but it isn't. Each game provides data for how well the process is proceeding and improving the tools. If a prediction that a revison to the emulator would get a specific list of games up and running, having that list prove out is pretty useful to know.

Also, if you're training a new guy for the testing task, guess which games he gets assigned? His boss gets to play Doom 3 while he endures 'Bad Boys 2.' It's called paying your dues.

I picked up Lego Star Wars today. I can't believe how awesome this game is. I've been missing out. The only problem I see with the emulation is that it seems extremely quiet in the audio department. I had to crank my stereo up in order to hear it.

They should have still made all the platinum hits BC. Doesnt make sense to me why they didnt. In my eyes they are doing a horrible job in BC dept.

[quote name='Sojeph']They should have still made all the platinum hits BC. Doesnt make sense to me why they didnt. In my eyes they are doing a horrible job in BC dept.[/QUOTE]

Well that's only because you can't grasp the entire situation. As Epobirs already stated; it's not as simple as picking a game, hitting a "switch" and it's magically BC.

I hope M$ gives up on BS just to piss off you whiny little bitches.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']

I hope M$ gives up on BS just to piss off you whiny little bitches.[/QUOTE]

yep, giving up just to piss of fans works wonders for PR.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Well that's only because you can't grasp the entire situation. As Epobirs already stated; it's not as simple as picking a game, hitting a "switch" and it's magically BC.

I hope M$ gives up on BS just to piss off you whiny little bitches.[/QUOTE]

I would rather have one system for certain games. Doesnt make sense to me to keep the original brick box when 360 should be able to do the job. Lately with these broken promises and slow updates from microsoft I am leaning to get a PS3 because I know for sure their BC will work alot better than 360. The BC should be constantly updated with these drought of games for the summer and arcade section is lacking.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I picked up Lego Star Wars today. I can't believe how awesome this game is. I've been missing out. The only problem I see with the emulation is that it seems extremely quiet in the audio department. I had to crank my stereo up in order to hear it.[/quote]

That's actually how it played on the original XBOX too. The sound was always low. Hopefully the sequel will sound better.

You I know, I was thinking about this, and Conker's Bad Fur Day STILL isn't BC... I would think MS would at least want to get all their own games BC before they quit.

I'm not going to rebuy an Xbox (mine broke), but I would want a 360, and Conker is one of those games I'd buy for cheap just to play it.

[quote name='Roufuss']You I know, I was thinking about this, and Conker's Bad Fur Day STILL isn't BC... I would think MS would at least want to get all their own games BC before they quit.

I'm not going to rebuy an Xbox (mine broke), but I would want a 360, and Conker is one of those games I'd buy for cheap just to play it.[/QUOTE]
I believe Conker and Riddick are the top non-BC games, so hopefully we'll see them both in the next update

[quote name='Roufuss']You I know, I was thinking about this, and Conker's Bad Fur Day STILL isn't BC... I would think MS would at least want to get all their own games BC before they quit.

I'm not going to rebuy an Xbox (mine broke), but I would want a 360, and Conker is one of those games I'd buy for cheap just to play it.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to imagine that it has something to do with that game sucking cock, but I imagine that graphics engine is hard to emulate.

I think the only games in my collection that aren't BC yet are Merecenaries, Fatal Frame 2, Chronicles of Riddick, and Psi-Ops, all of which but the latter probably have good chance of being on the next update or 2.

[quote name='epobirs']They didn't convert anything. That isn't how it works. The better the emulator gets at replicating the exact behavior of the Xbox chipset on the 360 the more games will run. It doesn't matter if they were good games or bad games.

It may seem like a waste of time to test and verifiy crap games but it isn't. Each game provides data for how well the process is proceeding and improving the tools. If a prediction that a revison to the emulator would get a specific list of games up and running, having that list prove out is pretty useful to know.

Also, if you're training a new guy for the testing task, guess which games he gets assigned? His boss gets to play Doom 3 while he endures 'Bad Boys 2.' It's called paying your dues.[/QUOTE]

QFT

bread's done
Back