Beat Dante's Inferno, whats next?

saberz

CAGiversary!
Contrary to what many have said, the game is actually pretty good. I actually found it far more enjoyable than GoW1. I did start GoW2 but after a few hours I put it aside for another time. I found DI to be pretty good, actually really good.

Now I am looking for suggestions on what to play next. I don't bother with "new" games because I can get a couple used ones for the price of one, and I am patient.

Was thinking about Nier or Eternal Sonata, just want something a bit different from the GoW games and something I can relax on and just hammer away at bit by bit(work two jobs). Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well picked up Infamous, nice change of pace, little slow in the beginning and wasn't getting to into it until I unlocked my close quarter powers. Also picked up Drakengard for the PS2 to prep myself for Nier(somewhat tied in) which I'll pick up next week. Crazy how hard the game is to find though.

Because there isn't really a point to replay it with new game plus(no alternate ending etc). Picked up Infamous(pretty good), Eternal Sonata and trying to find a cheap copy of Nier(don't wanna pay 29.99 or 24.99 for it used). I wish I could score it for less like others have(7.50 at best buy, 17.99 else where)

I picked up a copy of Drakengard (1 and 2) a couple years back really cheap because a buddy said they would be worth a play through....

If I could find them I might have to at least give them a try to see if they are any good.

[quote name='saberz']Because there isn't really a point to replay it with new game plus(no alternate ending etc). Picked up Infamous(pretty good), Eternal Sonata and trying to find a cheap copy of Nier(don't wanna pay 29.99 or 24.99 for it used). I wish I could score it for less like others have(7.50 at best buy, 17.99 else where)[/QUOTE]
Nier is $19.99 at Kmart. It was one of a bunch of price drops a while ago.

Gamestop sort of matched them, but then jacked the prices back up for some reason.

[quote name='saberz']Because there isn't really a point to replay it with new game plus(no alternate ending etc). Picked up Infamous(pretty good), Eternal Sonata and trying to find a cheap copy of Nier(don't wanna pay 29.99 or 24.99 for it used). I wish I could score it for less like others have(7.50 at best buy, 17.99 else where)[/QUOTE]
Please tell me you've heard of Demon's Souls....?

[quote name='saberz']Contrary to what many have said, the game is actually pretty good. I actually found it far more enjoyable than GoW1. I did start GoW2 but after a few hours I put it aside for another time. I found DI to be pretty good, actually really good.

Now I am looking for suggestions on what to play next. I don't bother with "new" games because I can get a couple used ones for the price of one, and I am patient.

Was thinking about Nier or Eternal Sonata, just want something a bit different from the GoW games and something I can relax on and just hammer away at bit by bit(work two jobs). Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

congrats on beating the game.
you've destroyed the Devils cock!

Oddly enough I just started Nier up last night. I picked up a copy on ebay for $16 shipped, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.

It's... different. The story seems pretty interesting, but the game feels a little dated so far. At first you're just running back and forth doing fetch quests, so I wasn't sure I was going to continue with it, and then you hit a small dungeon with the first boss (which was actually really awesome). After that boss, I'm intrigued enough to continue. Supposedly only around a 20 hour game, too, if you only play through once. There are supposed to be four playthroughs though, in order to get the complete ending (different ending each time).

Here is a list of all games I would recommend for PS3:

God of War 3 - I got it for $14.99 at Blockbuster a few days ago, and you can't beat that
Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction/A Crack in Time
Borderlands
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1/2
DJ Hero (if you're into music games)
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Grand Theft Auto IV + DLC
Red Dead Redemption

These are just the games on the cheaper side, but all are worth a look. Also, if you're into RPGs, the Final Fantasy games (7, 8, 9) are only $10 on the PSN I believe.

Despite it's rough around the edgeness, I had quite a lot of fun with the first Star wars: the force unleashed game though part of that is probably because I quite liked the story.

Another vote for Batman: AA, great, fun combat system, competent story, solid controls. Unless you can get it for a similar price, just pick up the original version and skip the GOTY edition. All you get in the GOTY edition is two-tone cardboard glasses 3D and a couple of extra challenge maps. Most of the challenge maps the GOTY mentions on the box are free DLC that you can download for PSN with the original version.

Saint's Row 2 isn't as polished as some of the other open world game, but it is much more enjoyable to play than say a GTA game.

Demon's Souls is good, though if you're accustomed to button mashing there will probably be a period of frustration as you are re-trained to play through trial by fire (as the tutorial isn't very thorough). It's lock-on, Zelda: Orcarina of Time style of combat with 5 different worlds connected by a central hub. It's not open world like Oblivion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nier is $19.99 at Kmart. It was one of a bunch of price drops a while ago.

Gamestop sort of matched them, but then jacked the prices back up for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? 19.99? I am so there, I checked Best Buy(29.99, even after price check), Target(29.99), Walmart wants 39.99 lol. But yeah, for some reason Im obsessed with getting that game.

[quote name='AzzidReign']Please tell me you've heard of Demon's Souls....?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have it, and am right at the end of it, not beaten just yet but close.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Here is a list of all games I would recommend for PS3:

God of War 3 - I got it for $14.99 at Blockbuster a few days ago, and you can't beat that
Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction/A Crack in Time
Borderlands
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1/2
DJ Hero (if you're into music games)
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Grand Theft Auto IV + DLC
Red Dead Redemption

These are just the games on the cheaper side, but all are worth a look. Also, if you're into RPGs, the Final Fantasy games (7, 8, 9) are only $10 on the PSN I believe.[/QUOTE]

All good suggestions(appreciate that). Borderlands I was thinking about eventually picking it up but I heard its repetitive(don't mind it in a Diablo 2 sense). Enslaved is on my buy list eventually. Not sure on Batman AA, Ninja Gaiden ive done to death ;P.

DJ Hero I had for the Wii and I honestly didn't like it. I also had GTA IV and like the other GTA games about 1/2 way through i lost interest in it.

Borderlands is a bit repetitive, but still great nonetheless. All the DLCs add a lot of replay value to it too.

Enslaved is a pretty good game. I picked it up at the $14.99 K-Mart deal, but I would say not to pick it up for any more than that.

Batman Arkham Asylum.... BUY IT!!!! I was very skeptical at first because I'm not a big Batman fan, but it turned out to be one of the top 5 games of this console gen that I've played.

Finish Infamous, then get Batman:AA before Arkham City comes out. I was never a Batman fan but the game is something else. If you want another hack and slash type game, Darksiders was pretty good.

If you enjoyed the gameplay/atmosphere/tits in DI - you should check out Splatterhouse. It's pretty similar; very gory and mildly humorous. It's a good slasher/beat 'em up in the same spirit of Dante's Inferno.

[quote name='saberz']Seriously? 19.99? I am so there, I checked Best Buy(29.99, even after price check), Target(29.99), Walmart wants 39.99 lol. But yeah, for some reason Im obsessed with getting that game.[/QUOTE]
I was just in a Walmart yesterday and saw Nier tagged at $19.99. It was not a red markdown price either, but a regular tag that made me beleive it was a universal Walmart price drop.

Shit. I can't believe no one's mentioned Uncharted and Uncharted 2 yet. People claim their the best things since the internal combustion engine, but check them out and see for yourself. U2 is actually quite good though.

bread's done
Back