Beautiful Katamari Officially Confirmed!

I have always wanted to try these games, but sticking with MS and Nintendo systems, never got a chance. As long as the $39.99 price tag is true, I will definently get this game around release!

Loved the first two, and will continue to unless they drastically change the game. At 39.99, its a no brainer for me. I almost never buy games at launch either (exception: Guitar Heros, maybe Madden).

[quote name='Scorch'](cue photoshopped Katamari pic)

I'm in ur 360, rollin up tha bandwidth[/QUOTE]

LMAO, I'm sure there's a motivational poster floating around 4chan somewhere.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']ever since the creator left the team, I've lost most of my interest in the series. I'm glad it's going on, but for me it's not the same anymore.[/QUOTE]

I lost interest once I completed the original. One Katamari was more than enough to satify my appertite for crude graphics and neat, but shallow, gameplay.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']ever since the creator left the team, I've lost most of my interest in the series. I'm glad it's going on, but for me it's not the same anymore.[/quote]

If you didn't know that factoid would it really matter?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']no, but the fact of it already existing, then yes.[/quote]

You're missing the point, if the game turns out good then would all this qveching over the original creator going off to make playgrounds matter?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You're missing the point, if the game turns out good then would all this qveching over the original creator going off to make playgrounds matter?[/QUOTE]

Yes it will. To most it wont, but to me it will. Hey, I'll probably be getting it anyway, but I still wont have the same feelings towards it since I know info I probably never should have known.

Gamepro's got coverage.. oddly enough

http://gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox360/games/previews/109352.shtml

Once again, you'll play as the Price or one of the cousins to help out the King of All Cosmos. The basic style of play remains the same as previous Katamari games--roll up heaps of wacky objects--but everything around it gets a big upgrade; it's the core Katamari experience that has made the series a huge success, and the colorful, retro look and feel of the game remains unchanged in Beautiful Katamari. But the series is getting a huge technical boost, and there's an entirely new soundtrack, too.
Rolling into HD, Beautiful Katamari supports 720p, seamless Katamari growth, and increased draw distances. The physics simulation, which was sluggish on the PS2 installments, is much more realistic and allows for a lot more on-screen objects. There are new levels and presents, and we even saw a couple stages in action, and can report that everything is rolling along very nicely. The game looks great in HD and it all looks like Katamari 2.0, a game that moves the series onto the Xbox 360 and PS3 without disrupting the simple, addictive gameplay.
In total, there are over 50 cousins (old and new), which will be playable in online games via Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network. There is no confirmed number of online players yet, but Namco-Bandai has confirmed that there will be downloadable content to come in the future, and that development is looking into offering up new objects, cousins, presents, and even entire stages. The team is also interested in utilizing online leaderboards, though no firm details are available at this time. No word yet on an Xbox Live or PSN demo.
Beautiful Katamari does not yet have an official release date for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and as of now, it is unconfirmed whether or not it will be a full or budget-priced title.

Yes, yes....fuck! Yes!!! I will be happy if nothing is changed to the gameply and I get to roll up everything I see. Katamari Damacy was the reason I got a PS2(well the deciding factor) last gen. I can't get enough of these games! I could careless if Bill Gates made the game, if it was good and had the same charm as the last ones, I would still love it.

Good shit. I never had a PS2 and didn't get it on the PSP because of the controls, so it's nice that we finally get it.

Anyone have an idea of how the online will work?

[quote name='Zoglog']he went off to make playgrounds :D[/QUOTE]
Which I personally like to imagine are going to end up being some of the most fucked-up trippy playgrounds on the face of the earth.

I never played any of these games before. Not sure If I'd buy unless its less than $30 or if there's a demo that convinces me otherwise. It just seems like a game that would have been great on XBLA, then again, never played it before so I could be wrong.

bread's done
Back