Beowulf $19.99 from Gamestop

[quote name='Shimrra']What coupon? Theres a coupon? Where can I get it?[/quote]
He's talking about the $10 off any PS3 game from Best Buy coupon.

Holy shit, it hasn't even been a month, more like 2 weeks. Initial sales must have been extremely bad.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Why do people always bring up the flipping scam?

There are at least half a dozen ways to resell this game for a profit WITHOUT committing a crime.[/QUOTE]

If one store is willing to sell it for $20 (all legit, no fraud/scam/fake coupon involve) and another store is willing to give you $35 for it (again all legit), I don't see what the scam is. Isn't this how the stock market work anyway...buy low, sell high?

[quote name='Garfield']If one store is willing to sell it for $20 (all legit, no fraud/scam/fake coupon involve) and another store is willing to give you $35 for it (again all legit), I don't see what the scam is. Isn't this how the stock market work anyway...buy low, sell high?[/QUOTE]

"Dont look a gift horse in the mouth"

A deal is a deal! Go get some!

[quote name='djkunai']Trade in value at Blockbuster/GameRush:

:ps3: $36
:360: $35[/quote]

Damn, is that true? I wonder how many copies you could trade in without them getting wise. Trade 4 and you've earned yourself a free game pretty much....

[quote name='flybrione']fuck it I bought one. Why not? It can't be as bad as Fantastic Four. That game made me sick :puke:[/QUOTE]

Not to get off topic but I picked up fantastic 4 the rise of the silver surfer from target for $9.

It could be the worst game I've ever played. It's that bad.

Kevin

[quote name='Garfield']If one store is willing to sell it for $20 (all legit, no fraud/scam/fake coupon involve) and another store is willing to give you $35 for it (again all legit), I don't see what the scam is. Isn't this how the stock market work anyway...buy low, sell high?[/quote]
The flipping scam he's talking about isn't trading in or selling on eBay, but buying at one place and "returning" it to Wal-Mart to take advantage of their no-receipt returns policy. Which is not legit and is fraud.

Hey guys, don't use SAVER if u're buying the 360 version. Using code XB2D gives you free 2-day. ;)

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']The flipping scam he's talking about isn't trading in or selling on eBay, but buying at one place and "returning" it to Wal-Mart to take advantage of their no-receipt returns policy. Which is not legit and is fraud.[/quote]

Correct.

I didn't read through this whole post, so I apologize if this was already said. But, if anyone is ordering the 360 version, use the coupon code XB2D for free 2-day shipping... way better than the terribly slow no-tracking-number "SAVER" shipping.

Thanks for the heads-up on the free 2 DAY shipping, Wulf.. Their saver shipping usually takes forever. Picked up one for myself and one for my cousin for a gift. We both like action games where you just run around and kick ass, so this looks like we should get enough of that with this game. 20 bones is the magic price point where I'll bite on a game like this. Now just drop Conan down to 20, please.

BTW, I would bet that by tomorrow this will be 19.99 at the B&M stores. Like somebody previously posted, Gamestop stores usually lag a day behind when updating price drops from when it changes online. Happy gaming, boys.

In for one. Sounds and looks a lot like Conan (which I really enjoyed). I do hate you people for making me spend money I don't have.

Have a nice day. I gotta go hitchhike to the poorhouse.

"Thx OP, picked up a PS3 copy w/ SAVER!"

Dude, you could have got 2 day air for free, also. If you can go back and change it you should.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']"Thx OP, picked up a PS3 copy w/ SAVER!"

Dude, you could have got 2 day air for free, also. If you can go back and change it you should.[/QUOTE]
what's the code for 2 day shipping for the ps3 version. i only know of the xb2d for the 360.

well what sucks is that i have some store credit that i could have used for this but called the store and they said it was 60 bones. so i had to order online with my cc. oh well, ill pay 20 for just about any non sports ps3 game at this point.

[quote name='VVulf']Hey guys, don't use SAVER if u're buying the 360 version. Using code XB2D gives you free 2-day. ;)[/quote]

Ah crap, wish I had known about this before I ordered it. Oh well.

Imagine the shock on the face of somebody who recently bought Beowulf for 60+ dollars, then takes it into Gamestop to trade it in and are told it's worth 5 bucks credit.
boese069.gif

In for one, I don't really have the money to spend on it, but I can't pass up a brand new 360 game for $20.00, unless it was Fuzion Frenzy 2.

[quote name='buffdrew84']well what sucks is that i have some store credit that i could have used for this but called the store and they said it was 60 bones. so i had to order online with my cc. oh well, ill pay 20 for just about any non sports ps3 game at this point.[/quote]

I called corporate, and they said that it is an online only sale, that they're having, sale price is a no-go in stores. I didn't ask them for how long, and hopefully this price does drop in stores soon to 19.99.

But even then I haven't had a lot of luck with games that dropped quick.
Wartech was crap, and in terms of quality, this game looks to be the that game's greener, runnier, funkier cousin.

I'd pick up Eragon again, before I'd touch this game... The reviews are stomping this game into the ground. Even IGN gave the game a 4...

But to those who play it, let the rest of know how it is...

I'm so tempted to order one of these, but I just know that it'll be yet another game that I'll "never get around too." Thanks for the heads up, but my credit card bills are already out of control this month.

Didn't read through everything so this may be a repost; this will be dropping to 20$ in store starting tomorrow.

[quote name='legs1986']Didn't read through everything so this may be a repost; this will be dropping to 20$ in store starting tomorrow.[/quote]

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

Everybody else still has this game for near $60.

I can't imagine a permanent $40 drop on any game within a month of its release.

[quote name='legs1986']Didn't read through everything so this may be a repost; this will be dropping to 20$ in store starting tomorrow.[/quote]
any idea how much used will go for?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Are you asking a question or making a statement?

Everybody else still has this game for near $60.

I can't imagine a permanent $40 drop on any game within a month of its release.[/quote]It's Ubisoft, and it's a licensed movie game that wouldn't be popular a month past the release of the movie.

Budgeting out a title that wasn't going to sell well in the first place isn't unheard of.

I called my local GS earlier and Beowulf is still 60 bones. The clerk did say that it may drop in price tomorrow, but wasn't sure how big a chunk of the 60 dollar tag would be bitten off. I guess we'll see how this unfolds tomorrow.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Good luck price matching with no ad.[/quote]

1. Printout of website

2. Receipt

3. Simply calling GS

It says your CAG Veteran too...

I COULD very well be wrong, but I don't see a permanent price drop.

1. Take trade-in values into consideration.

That first week or two, Gamestop was probably giving near $20 in store credit for Beowulf.

Is Gamestop going to drop the used game price to $14.99 and eat $5 a pop? Not likely. I understand GS will sometimes charge more for used games, but even GS has limits.

2. Take into consideration the competition.

Why would GS sell any new game for $20 less than any other competitor?

Has anybody else decided to drop their price? Ubisoft might drop the price they're charging to the store, but that gives the store the chance to break even on a shitty game.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Good luck price matching with no ad.[/quote]

seriously when enchanted arms dropped i took my receipt over to the CC manager and he told me, "Go freak yourself i am not going to match some 'mom and pop' shop." then of course the next day they dropped it to 19.99

My Best Buy stamps a big VETO on bringing in online ads, especially if the B&M store still has it @59.99. 40 bucks off is gonna bring up an instant red flag and a call to the manager....that's where the "fun" begins. Like I said, good luck with that, but I wouldn't want to go through the hassle on a possibility of saving a couple of bucks more.

Couldn't pass this up considering the game just came out. I guess with games like Mass Effect, COD 4, and Assassins Creed coming out at the same time the demand on this thing was zilch. Big thanks to the OP and whoever first mentioned the 2 day shipping code for the 360 version.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']My Best Buy stamps a big VETO on bringing in online ads, especially if the B&M store still has it @59.99. 40 bucks off is gonna bring up an instant red flag and a call to the manager....that's where the "fun" begins. Like I said, good luck with that, but I wouldn't want to go through the hassle on a possibility of saving a couple of bucks more.[/quote]

Well, 4 bucks is worth it to me. People said its droping tomorrow B&M anyway.

It's possible, but if it doesn't drop in-store tomorrow, then you have the game you bought at BB and if they won't match it you have to get a refund, then go back to square one and buy it online off GS. With the price of gas, traffic and hustle and bustle going on this time of year, just ordering it online is gold.

20 bucks? can't pass it up, even if it blows it looks decent enough. Not to mention, with how inconsistent reviewers are these days, I prefer to just try everything if I can.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']It's possible, but if it doesn't drop in-store tomorrow, then you have the game you bought at BB and if they won't match it you have to get a refund, then go back to square one and buy it online off GS. With the price of gas, traffic and hustle and bustle going on this time of year, just ordering it online is gold.[/quote]

True, but if bestbuy fails, there is always the CC down the block on the same street.

..if the trade-in price is as low as the other guy said ($8 at GC), expect it to be a permanent drop.

And if it is.. DAMN that was FAST.

One person bought it at my store.. then traded it back in.

[quote name='Scorch']..if the trade-in price is as low as the other guy said ($8 at GC), expect it to be a permanent drop.

And if it is.. DAMN that was FAST.

One person bought it at my store.. then traded it back in.[/quote]

Well, thats what the dude said with a chuckle. 360 version btw.

And thanks MIX. I will not lose! (I view my BB/CC pming and purchases like a battle)

bread's done
Back