Beowulf $19.99 from Gamestop

[quote name='deletion']is this just online? can i just go get it at the store?[/QUOTE]

My gamestop had it for $59.99, and wouldn't PM their website, saying it's an online exclusive... i was going to argue, but didn't have the time. YMMV i guess

[quote name='uesc']My gamestop had it for $59.99, and wouldn't PM their website, saying it's an online exclusive... i was going to argue, but didn't have the time. YMMV i guess[/quote]

just gave my local store a call....21.39 w/ tax

wow...I cant believe the flipping going around...on second thought, i guess i can believe it

maybe if amazon drops it i might bite on a copy for myself

FW's just don't care if you call 'em FW's...they're going to continue to do what they do best...BSin the crap out of every bull in town. I'm going to my local EBgames to pick up ONE Copy! and who cares what cynical reviews this has gotten...reviewers suck for the most part anyway cuz they are extremely bias from playing all these other award winning games...it's crap..

Picked up the PS3 version for 15 with coupon today

... this was a $5 off coupon only good in select local stores in my area, not even all my local GS's take this coupon

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I've flipped a few games in my day, but I would feel like a real ass coming in with 5-10 copies of the same game.[/quote]

may I ask the name of the gurl in your sigg?

[quote name='sp00ge']Just a heads up, it was $19.82 at my Walmart today.[/quote]

this game must suck that bad that even walmart price drop this thing. My walmart is selling it for 19.82 as well.

lol, I went to Gamestop near my school. There was a used copy of Beowulf labeled $54.99. Asked the employee shouldn't it be 17.99 for a used copy if the new copy is going for 19.99. He double checked and said yea. So I have a used Beowulf for 14.32 out of pocket (the rest was credit leftover on my edge card).

I hope it's not as bad as the reviews say. Thanks OP. Cheers :)

FWIW, trade-in value at GameCrazy is indeed $8.

And I saw this at Wal-Mart B&M today, $19.82. So it appears to be universal. I'm just waiting for it to drop at GameCrazy to 19.99/14.99. Hopefully it will.

Then again, it could wind up being like Enchanted Arms on PS3, which GC still sells new for $50 and used for $40.

[quote name='shigster']Beowulf is now $19.99 on amazon (360) I didn't check the ps3 one. :X[/QUOTE]
That price is J&R. Amazon is still selling it at $45.

[quote name='sp00ge']Just a heads up, it was $19.82 at my Walmart today.[/QUOTE]

Same at the one I work at. They had both the 360 and PS3 versions on the $20 and under rack.

Hmmm, as much as a I hate WalMart, I may stop later today and get one....I need a few other things and it is close. Plus, GameRush is on the way home ;)

[quote name='kevzik']True, but if bestbuy fails, there is always the CC down the block on the same street.[/quote]

someone in another post (CC clearance post) said Beowulf price fell to $20 at CC as well. Maybe it is a permanant price drop

[quote name='joker______']i wanna get this today but i wanna know if anyone has played to see if its good or not[/QUOTE]

I played it last night for a bit. Eh... if you are looking for keeping this. I would rather spend the $20 elsewhere. There seemed to be some potential, but it doesn't wrap it together too well. There are points in the game where it isn't so apparent how to approach the task at hand. The boss battles are not as fun as in God of War, and the combat isn't as deep, at least not in the beginning. I think I'll be trading it in today, I'd rather go play COD4 that I got this week.

I actually enjoyed Conan more.
One interesting thing in Beowulf is the rhythm gaming to lead your Thanes, I said interesting, I didn't say enjoyable.

[quote name='Calico']I played it last night for a bit. Eh... if you are looking for keeping this. I would rather spend the $20 elsewhere. There seemed to be some potential, but it doesn't wrap it together too well. There are points in the game where it isn't so apparent how to approach the task at hand. The boss battles are not as fun as in God of War, and the combat isn't as deep, at least not in the beginning. I think I'll be trading it in today, I'd rather go play COD4 that I got this week.

I actually enjoyed Conan more.
One interesting thing in Beowulf is the rhythm gaming to lead your Thanes, I said interesting, I didn't say enjoyable.[/quote]

thanks for the reply Calico, i guess ill try before i buy

[quote name='joker______']thanks for the reply Calico, i guess ill try before i buy[/QUOTE]
no problem. I only got it cause I was curious how accurate reviews of the game were, and that the trade in at blockbuster was higher.

Picked up three of them yesterday (2 PS3 and 1 360). They were marked $59.99 still at the mall Gamestop, but I got the guy to scan it and sure enough, $19.99. They had to check with the manager because they couldn't believe the drop.

That clears out my EB credit. Soon it'll be GR credit.

well mines suppose to be here tomorrow... ill make sure to review it, only cause i dont compare every game to other games (like they did this game to god of war) and becuase i i think alot of reviews are biased.

but we will see, for 20 dollars... it already gets a 2/10 just for pricing.

Picked up my copy yesterday, they only had 1 more left. I also picked up POTC: At Worlds End for $19.99 with the coupon. Two crappy games for $40.00, I guess that's not too bad.

Please tell me that you don't believe that the $40 is better spent on two crappy games than if you got COD4 for the same $40.

[quote name='MasterYensid']Picked up my copy yesterday, they only had 1 more left. I also picked up POTC: At Worlds End for $19.99 with the coupon. Two crappy games for $40.00, I guess that's not too bad.[/QUOTE]

Ha, What a price drop. This is a lot like The Da Vinci Code, Remember that? It was $50 when it came out and a month later it was $20!

I just got Beowulf for $15.99 by PMing at BB w/ 110% difference.

After reading this thread, I don't 16 bucks is much of a deal or worth it since the price has dropped everywhere...

Circuit City was $20 too. Just a heads up for those of you who don't go to the Blockbuster/GameRush Forum, it gets $35 Credit there so I traded it in for Final Fantasy XII for the DS.

[quote name='Calico']Please tell me that you don't believe that the $40 is better spent on two crappy games than if you got COD4 for the same $40.[/quote]

No, I don't. I already have COD4 and almost every other game that has come out recently. I have nearly 20-25 games that I still have not even opened. I just keep adding to my long list of games to play. I use these games as a diversion, when I just want to play a quick game for achievement points over a weekend or something.

Anyone spotted this game for 19 at Gamecrazy? All my local GS are sold out..BTW how did you price match at BB? did you have a 5$ off coupon too?

bread's done
Back