Beowulf $19.99 from Gamestop

[quote name='ave1']Are there still $5 off coupons for Best Buy somewhere out there?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would love to find one of these as well. Want to pick up Black, but just can't pull the trigger for $19.99, but $15 I would.

Any coupons out in the void?

Best Buy still has it for $59.99. Hopefully my copy will arrive before they drop the price too.

Does TRU carry this game? It's not listed online.

You can either pricematch or use a coupon at bestbuy. You cant use both.

Confirmed as I PM'd the game at Best Buy tonight, she was suprised at the price when she found it on Gamestops website. I could either PM or use a paltry 10% off coupon.

If you guys want to get the game, get it at BB if possible.

It's still $59.99 there, meaning a PM of $19.99 will get you $40 back, and ASK for the 110% offer! You'd get an additional $4 off, making the game only $15.99!

Once BB officially drops it to $19.99 like everywhere else, you lose that extra $4 off.

But you know, think twice before getting this game, even at $15.99.

its not a bad game. i actually like it. for $20 it wasnt bad at all.

i havent finished it yet, but ass soon as i do ill poxt a full review

Maybe if the movie actually stuck to the plot used in the original poem...or simply didn't suck balls the game would have sold better.

Last day to get a guaranteed $35 in credit at Blockbuster/GameRush. The trade prices change Tuesday morning, and while they haven't updated other games recently (Darkness and Hour of Victory still get $32), they may finally make a change by tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Maybe if the movie actually stuck to the plot used in the original poem...or simply didn't suck balls the game would have sold better.[/quote]

The movie didn't suck balls. It was a fairly good adaptation with a little twist that actually made sense.

[quote name='spideymike']The movie didn't suck balls. It was a fairly good adaptation with a little twist that actually made sense.[/quote]

the dragon was beowulfs son, how in the hell does that make sense?

[quote name='knightsdwn']Because he banged Angelina Jolie. That makes a lot of sense.[/quote]

Yeah, it might be obvious, but he's right. The movie story is about how lies get passed on as the truth, and eventually turn into legend, which is the song that we know presently. The twist makes sense, and keeps the story fresh.

[quote name='Poor2More']Thanks for the SPOILER warning :roll:[/QUOTE]
To be fair the previews all but gave that plot twist away.

[quote name='vienge']To be fair the previews all but gave that plot twist away.[/quote]

Well, I'd rather have "all but gave it away" over "blatantly gave it away" any day.:roll:

I went to Blockbuster today and traded 2 new sealed Beowulfs. and then 3 sealed and 1 used at another location. I figure why not for $19.99 at gs with BB giving $36/$35 in trade. Thats too easy as I just have the trade credit put on a gift or value card. I then go to other Blockbusters in the area and find out that the Manager from the first store put out a hit on me leaving a voice mail at Blockbusters all over the area that I'm suspicious and the games I traded in might/could be stolen. My account was put on high alert and frozen as I found this out over the course of the night as I went to other Blockbusters. This will be settled tomorrow as I show them my reciepts for the Beowulfs bought at Gamestop but I shouldn't have to, I'm not a thug or a crook. This is so rediculous as I have been insulted and lied too and told that I can't even purchase anything from some of the stores, and that my gift cards will not be honored. They even got my damn first name wrong when I was asked "are you that person ____________, we can't sell to you if you are her/him"

Well, I guess this is one reson why nobody trades stuff in at Blockbuster.

I'm pretty pissed off as I think anyone else would be but I just wanted to share this with the cag community.

If anyone else wants to trade in beowulfs at Blockbuster, you better do it fast, 2 per store (1 360 and 1 ps3 version), and make sure they are not sealed. Take off the plastic! That was my mistake, but there mistake for wrongly accusing me of being suspicious with goods that they assume stolen.

Does anyone know a good lawyer? lol, I'm not like that lucky for them. Never the less, they can go fuck a donkey!

[quote name='GameReeper']I went to Blockbuster today and traded 2 new sealed Beowulfs. and then 3 sealed and 1 used at another location. I figure why not for $19.99 at gs with BB giving $36/$35 in trade. Thats too easy as I just have the trade credit put on a gift or value card. I then go to other Blockbusters in the area and find out that the Manager from the first store put out a hit on me leaving a voice mail at Blockbusters all over the area that I'm suspicious and the games I traded in might/could be stolen. My account was put on high alert and frozen as I found this out over the course of the night as I went to other Blockbusters. This will be settled tomorrow as I show them my reciepts for the Beowulfs bought at Gamestop but I shouldn't have to, I'm not a thug or a crook. This is so rediculous as I have been insulted and lied too and told that I can't even purchase anything from some of the stores, and that my gift cards will not be honored. They even got my damn first name wrong when I was asked "are you that person ____________, we can't sell to you if you are her/him"

I'm pretty pissed off as I think anyone else would be but I just wanted to share this with the cag community.

If anyone else wants to trade in beowulfs at Blockbuster, you better do it fast, 2 per store (1 360 and 1 ps3 version), and make sure they are not sealed. Take off the plastic! That was my mistake, but there mistake for wrongly accusing me of being suspicious with goods that they assume stolen.

Does anyone know a good lawyer? lol, I'm not like that lucky for them. Never the less, they can go fuck a donkey![/quote]
You should post this in the GR thread. It's full of hardcore Beowulf flippers and at least one posters district manager put a hault to all Beowulf trades in his area.

ALWAYS take the wrapper off it only takes about a second. If you unsure ask about a trade value then go to the car and unwrap it and bring it in to trade.

Also $20 is for suckers get it for $10 at BB PS3 version using $10 off any PS3 game coupon. See the BB coupon thread... :D

[quote name='GameReeper']I went to Blockbuster today and traded 2 new sealed Beowulfs. and then 3 sealed and 1 used at another location. I figure why not for $19.99 at gs with BB giving $36/$35 in trade. Thats too easy as I just have the trade credit put on a gift or value card. I then go to other Blockbusters in the area and find out that the Manager from the first store put out a hit on me leaving a voice mail at Blockbusters all over the area that I'm suspicious and the games I traded in might/could be stolen. My account was put on high alert and frozen as I found this out over the course of the night as I went to other Blockbusters. This will be settled tomorrow as I show them my reciepts for the Beowulfs bought at Gamestop but I shouldn't have to, I'm not a thug or a crook. This is so rediculous as I have been insulted and lied too and told that I can't even purchase anything from some of the stores, and that my gift cards will not be honored. They even got my damn first name wrong when I was asked "are you that person ____________, we can't sell to you if you are her/him"

Does anyone know a good lawyer? lol, I'm not like that lucky for them. Never the less, they can go fuck a donkey![/QUOTE]

Why are you trading sealed games...that is a dead giveaway that something is up. If I did not know any better, I would of thought the same thing. Also, if you show them the receipt and they take notice of the price versus the trade-in value, they will clearly see you as a flipper and ban you. It is their right to do so, thus no lawyer will be needed :)

[quote name='unforeseen']Why are you trading sealed games...that is a dead giveaway that something is up. If I did not know any better, I would of thought the same thing. Also, if you show them the receipt and they take notice of the price versus the trade-in value, they will clearly see you as a flipper and ban you. It is their right to do so, thus no lawyer will be needed :)[/quote]

I was kidding about the lawyer :cool:

Damn "SAVER" shipping. Are there any stores that will offer trade/credit for more than $19.99?

Does anyone know a good lawyer? lol, I'm not like that lucky for them. Never the less, they can go fuck a donkey![/quote]
1. Don't flip multiple copies at one store (maybe two maximum). Spread the love to other GR/BBs.

2. If you're going to flip multiple copies at one store, find different cashiers if possible. You don't want the same cashier seeing you day in and day out. They begin to wonder where you got all your copies.

3. If you have some other crap games to trade in, do it. Always helps to have a stack of games so as not to draw suspicion because of the one getting a shitload of credit.

4. Finally, DON'T fucking TRADE SEALED fucking COPIES.

[quote name='$hady']You should post this in the GR thread. It's full of hardcore Beowulf flippers and at least one posters district manager put a hault to all Beowulf trades in his area.

ALWAYS take the wrapper off it only takes about a second. If you unsure ask about a trade value then go to the car and unwrap it and bring it in to trade.

Also $20 is for suckers get it for $10 at BB PS3 version using $10 off any PS3 game coupon. See the BB coupon thread... :D[/QUOTE]

Sorry - what is the "GR thread?"

GameReeper, when you go in with multiple copies of games repeatedly it's gonna look shady. It's quite embarrassing for you and I can't imagine doing this and even at multiple BB stores.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']GameReeper, when you go in with multiple copies of games repeatedly it's gonna look shady. It's quite embarrassing for you and I can't imagine doing this and even at multiple BB stores.[/QUOTE]

People has been doing it all along. Multiple copies at a time, sometimes twice a day. I for one, cannot keep up with the pace. Maybe if I was in college again. Too busy with work and too tired to drive around after work.

With that said, I enjoy hearing other ppls exploits and experiences with the trades.

I don't care who is doing it, but stores will get to notice when you keep coming in with the same stuff. Makes a person look bad either way. I guess some people have no shame.

Man, it's been a week and a half and I still haven't received my copy (PS3) that I ordered on the 4th...... stupid SAVER shipping

has anyone received their's that they used the SAVER code on?

I'm tempted to go buy a copy from Gamestop and then return the one I receive in the mail when it gets here

Yeah, saver shipping takes forever....probably much worse considering it's Christmas crunch-time. I would do like you said and buy a copy from GS, then return the sealed copy for a refund when you get it in the mail.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Man, it's been a week and a half and I still haven't received my copy (PS3) that I ordered on the 4th...... stupid SAVER shipping

has anyone received their's that they used the SAVER code on?

I'm tempted to go buy a copy from Gamestop and then return the one I receive in the mail when it gets here[/QUOTE]

I GOT MINEdays ago. NYC

[quote name='KRS']My SAVER shipment arrived on Thursday.

And FYI, FYE still sells the game for $59.99. ;)[/quote]

and give you 8$ trade in credit, at least the one by my house does as well as secondspin.com

[quote name='ICEPICC']I GOT MINEdays ago. NYC[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm in TX and it was shipped from KY..... what's up with that? Are they walking it to my house?

So, any luck getting your account unfrozen?

I just received it in the mail today. It was postmarked on 12/4 and today is 12/20.

Man, a warning to everyone..... never used SAVER unless you are willing to wait

[quote name='dkim064']Don't know if anyone posted this, but Walmart has it for $19.82 online and in stores[/quote]

Yeah, it's posted way back on page 8. Thanks though.

bread's done
Back