Best B&M Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
GameRush and Fry's but sadly, neither are avaliable in all areas. :( But, I have both. :D

Gamerush has awesome deals on used games, brand new games, preorders for future games. They also give excellent trade in prices on almost all games. The employees at my stores also know plenty about games and always like to talk about current video game news and stuff.

Fry's always has new releases that are normally $50, on sale for $35-45 the day of release. Awesome store.

my top choice has been nominated. I would also like to nominate Toys R US for their green tag sale and now really reduce sale by YMMV. Also, Gamerush should be on the list of nominees for their wonderful trade-in deals and values.

Target definitally gets a nod from me, being one of the only big name national stores that consistantly has great sales. Tales of Symphonia for $27 was a big one, as was La Pucelle for $20. Not to mention they'll reguarly knock a few bucks off a game while it's still new. Didnt they have Metroid Prime 2 for like, $37? Thats highly respectable.

Good job Target. Keep it up.

FYE/Strawberries

Excellent trade in values (usually cash for me) for one. The other is that the place is like a just a giant scavenger hunt to me. I lost track of how many items I've been able to scour for dirt cheap prices.

Lunar 2 New ($30), Zelda Collectors' Disc ($1), DC memory cards (.01), Clock Tower ($10), DC Fishing Rods ($1),New DC controllers ($1 each), Point Black 2/w guncon ($15), various strategy guides (.01) Dragonball Z VHS tapes for $1.99, the .01 Psone/PS2 game fiasco, Valrkie Profile ($10), New DC games under $1.99, etc, etc. It's come to the point that I'm also hassling them to ask what they took out of storage this week.

I have to go with Best Buy. They had two $5 dollar clearances before Circuit City even had theirs. They were the originator of the $5 clearance. Everyone seems to forget that. Factor in the GGC and how can they not be the winner?

Rhino Games... AWESOME trade in prices (trade in 2 games worth $15 bucks... get a new game free). Lifetime warrenty on ALL games, no questions asked. Crazy assortment of older games (SNES, DC, NES, GameGear!, Saturn, Genesis)

I'm going to have to nominate Best Buy. I know many people have had bad experiences there, but I never have. Plus, the GCC and the Zoner Card keep me coming back time and again...

Gamerush! Sure, sometimes the employees suck, or the selection sucks...but you can't beat the deals they've had!

i'm going with eb again. i've gotten a number of rare games from B&M EBs, like mint Valkyrie Profile, Tactics Ogre, and Lunar 2.

In the past year the bulk of the games I bought came from CC. TRU made a remarcable comeback towards the end of the year to sneak in at second place...

Definitely Target. Great selection, great sale prices, great all around.

My CC on the other hand...the game section is so bad it's ridiculous. Hell, all of the games are put in backwards so the back of the box is facing forward. Good luck finding anything in there.

How the heck does EBgames B&M get nominated?

They are known thieves. They try to push off used games as new. They are worse than used car salesmen.

They aren't the best, they are the worst.

For me, Circuit City.

Circuit City not only let me take some (I only bought 3 games..) advantage of their $5 games in the summer clearance thing, but they also honored their online prices. EB Games don't match their own online, even though some other stores vary their prices. Circuit City has good in-store pickup, and online item checking, even though GameStop for me came in a close 2nd, because I scored some cheap PC games, with no hassle.

Most nods were great, so it was a tough decision. I voted EB based upon the amount of business I do with them; in volume and dollars transacted.

B&M prices are good, promos are constant and varied, free stuff is a plus, and service is very good in my area. Plus in '04 they opened a new store just around the corner from my house! They've made game buying and trading so easy for me. Thanks EB!

My nods also go out to GameStop, GameCrazy, Best Buy, TRU, Wal-Mart, and Target.

My local Gamestop has always been good. Decent bargain bin prices, good employees, overall a pretty good game store. Just wish they sold used PC games as well as console.

I'm going to have to go with Gamestop. All the guys that work at my local Gamestop are pretty nice and knowledgable (gasp!), and the deals are pretty decent (buy 2 get one free, trade in 3 for extra $10, etc.). Plus when my friend went in to pick up RE4 Collector's Edition for me using his discount (he works at Barnes and Noble), the guy threw in TWO RE4 promo soundtrack CDs. OK, so technically that's a 2005 occurance and this is a "best of 2004" thread, but close enough.

My local Target has some nice clearance stuff, but I really hate the layout of the store...sometimes it seems like they just throw the clearance games on whatever rack the feel like. Granted, it's kinda fun hunting for deals, but having to push aside dolls and children's books to find the games buried under them can get annoying.

Tough vote here.....It's either CC (for their crazy $5 sales and mishap of computer error to get GH,PH, or PC games for 2 for $10) or EB games (for decent drops every so often)...............It's CC by a hair....

I vote CC, since during the big 5 dollar CC sales nobody gave me shit about buying multiple copies (AS GIFTS NOT EBAY RELAX!) when I went up to pay.

I'm deviating from the norm giving my love to Toys R Us. Sure, the CC $5 sale was incredible, but I just love TRU in general, plus, the Green Tag sale kicked ass. God, I love that store. Mine is a pretty old-fashioned one. It's so cool. :)

I'd say CC. Although the one here is ran like ass, they have a great deal of customer service policies in place. They don't even require a receipt for returns/exchanges (since it's kept on a database).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back