best band in the world

[quote name='zewone']Led Zeppelin.[/QUOTE]

Ok, we got Primus and Zepp in. That's all anyone needs to know. This is done, close it up.

I may be the only one, but I'm going to have to say...

Thrice.

They are the most inspirational, passionate, and insightful band that I've ever had the pleasure of listening to, yet they still manage to be just your average band.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm gonna go way out here and say Radiohead.[/QUOTE]

way out to england right?

Pink Floyd and Led Zep are English bands. I thought the criteria was US band.

[quote name='camoor']I thought the criteria was US band.[/QUOTE]

The name of the thread is "Best band in the world." No exceptions.

[quote name='camoor']way out to england right?

Pink Floyd and Led Zep are English bands. I thought the criteria was US band.[/QUOTE]

That was just that crappy list that was posted, whcih I give no weight to because the general publi, by and large, knows jack shit :roll:

[quote name='Ledhed']Ok, we got Primus and Zepp in. That's all anyone needs to know. This is done, close it up.[/QUOTE]

Zepp's been mentioned several times already. It's well known that they're the greatest band of all time. There's not yet a consensus on the greatest band of today, however. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Zepp's been mentioned several times already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but not by my main mutha Zew. Only then is it a valid entry.

The best band in the world is Ratt!
Ratt-Japan-Tour-1987-277225.jpg

[quote name='Ledhed']Yeah, but not by my main mutha Zew. Only then is it a valid entry.[/QUOTE]

I see how it is ... no one cares what Subby thinks. Well you know what, fuck you! :cry: :bomb: :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I see how it is ... no one cares what Subby thinks. Well you know what, fuck you! :cry: :bomb: :lol:[/QUOTE]
You're just now getting this? :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']nice caddyshack reference :D

Now, if this were 2 years ago, I would've totally agreed. But now I love Brighten the Corners and I almost like Terror Twilight.

For everyone else.....[geezer rant/] without Pavement, you kids wouldn't have your Weezer or your Decemberists or Bright Eyes or any of this so-called indie rock! do you little brats have any idea what Slanted and Enchanted was recorded on? why it was an analog 4 track, I reckon...they didn't have a G5 or the internet or a home page...they had to get it published by a "label"...and they didn't even have a drummer, they had to use a drunk hippie. why I reckon they sounded worse when they got a real drummer! [/end of geezer rant] :lol:[/QUOTE]

Brighten the Corners is a good record but a below-average Pavement record. Terror Twilight sounds more like a Malkmus solo album than Pavement and I don't really like his solo stuff. And you are so right - it is a miracle that S&E ever saw the light of day back in 92 when there wasn't really a way for smaller bands to be heard. Although it's kind of a double-edged sword because now every no-talent ass clown with a computer and an internet connection thinks he is the next great thing...

[quote name='Ledhed']It's always nice to meet other fans. And I mean that, and I know you do to.[/QUOTE]

hell yeah...for me Antipop is the only weak link in their catalog. Everything else completely kicks ass. I think my favorite is Frizzle Fry.

Catch 22
Operation Ivy
Ok Go
Reel Big Fish
Less Than Jake
Long Shot Hero

Anything else ska I may have forgotten and like

They can all share the title, cuz they're cool like that

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Catch 22
Operation Ivy
Ok Go
Reel Big Fish
Less Than Jake
Long Shot Hero

Anything else ska I may have forgotten and like

They can all share the title, cuz they're cool like that[/QUOTE]

This thread cannot die with bands like this. So once again, Led Zeppelin
ledzeppelinphotorazzi7dr.jpg

Pearl Jam is pretty high up there....

Aerosmith can lick my sack though.

JOURNEY!!! lol.

And Led Zeppelin is pretty good, but insanely overrated.

Well since they reunited at Live 8, Pink Floyd for today, Led Zeppelin for all timeeeee. Just watching the DVDs can make you ruin your pants.

How many of you guys are just naming bands for music credibility compared to what you guys actually listen to.

I just have to say Nirvana is one of the most overrated bands ever.

I'm the only person I know who doesn't like pre-90's music. I also listen to strictly nu metal (alternative rock) from the late 90's to present. So I pretty much don't like most of the bands named in this thread, lol.

[quote name='billyknoxville']How many of you guys are just naming bands for music credibility compared to what you guys actually listen to.

I just have to say Nirvana is one of the most overrated bands ever.[/QUOTE]

If Nirvana is overrated, then what do you consider good?

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']If Nirvana is overrated, then what do you consider good?[/QUOTE]

I like a bunch of music! The last 3 CDs I got were as follows:

Aquabats - Charge!!
The Get Up Kids - Live @ Granada!
Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous

Don't get me wrong, Nirvana has some classic songs, but if Kurt was still alive, they would just be another washed up grunge band today. They don't deserve all the praise that they receive.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Metallica is the greatest band to ever exist and will ever exist. [/QUOTE]

INCORRECT! see st.anger and napster debacle. They're old stuff is great, but I feel they are just grinding it out now. They're basically living off their past, and grubbing as much money as possible now before they completely become has beens.

Sorry to come off as some music bitch, but I just lost all respect for them over napster, well atleast Lars. Lars seems to be a huge douche bag that can't be content with being a millionare.

bread's done
Back