Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2007

[quote name='msdmoney']I vote for Circuit City for best and worst. Worst for what they did to speedy, best because I have gotten the most out of their clearance sales. I really like the starting clearance price of $16.96, not cheap enough for ebay hoarders, but cheap enough to pick up most games. [/quote]

I agree with this 100%. CC has had the best deals (both weekly and clearance) over the course of the whole year, even though many times it has to be price matched at BB or WM. I will also give a nod to Game Crazy.

Best Buy gets my nod. But I have to give props to Target for consistently having great deals, even if their selection isn't as big as BB's.

I'm gonna vote Best Buy.

I seem to end up with the majority of my clearanced game deals coming out of their store. And Reward Zone points on all my purchases definitely gives them a bit of an edge over other stores.

Seeing as I didn't buy many games in a B&m this year my voye goes to:

Toys R Us

for the Mario Galaxy GC deal and B2G1F deal they had a few times last year

I going to say Toy R US. They had $25 GC for Super Mario Galaxy. Plus, that buy 2 get 1 deal and it was combined with the $10 free gift card for $75+ purchase.

Gamestop. I scratched too hard on a Microsoft Point Card. Called Microsoft and said they wouldn't do anything about it. I then called Gamestop and they said they are not supposed to replace those but they would do it for me.

Anyway, before I returned it that night I spend an hour putting in different number/letter combinations where there was nothing there and I eventually got the right code! I didn't return it still btw.

I can't believe I'm typing this, but it should be Toys R Us. The SMG deal, the B2G1 deal, doorbusters, clearance deals, and gift receipts have made it a reasonable place to shop.

TRU had been good to me last year ('07), mostly with the markdown/clearance DS games.

Best Buy was close, but lack of good markdowns and clearance games at the stores near me put TRU on top.

I will go with TRU (SMG gc deal & b2g1). Target (clearance) & BB (coupons, front lane games & RZ points) are a close 2nd.

Best Buy because this is the last year of GGC coupons and Meijer's for their percentage sales that give major discounts if you're buying a console (saved $70.00 off a 360 back in March)

I think Im going to have to go with CC as being my vote for best. I can usually find some pretty great deals as far as clearance. But there not tops in anyway for new games.

Reluctant to nominate any actually, but
Best Buy- for overall convenience and selection.
Circuit City & Target- for their clearance deals.

I'll nominate Play N Trade. I've been there a few times & they are awesome. They carry a wide variety of games & seriously know their stuff.......anything is better than going to Gamestop!

Play n Trade! Awsome store, and while the prices aren't the best, the atmosphere is the best since Rhino before Blockbuster bought them.

Target
My local mom and pop is Game Players Unlimited They are great
Also F.Y.E. gives best trade in usually 35 for a newer game. Plus their club is 10% off everything and they have rebates all the time that actually come back.

Probably a darkhorse at best but...

CostCo.

Major releases are always stocked and usually $5-$10 cheaper than everyone else. I got Mass Effect there day after release for $53 new.

They almost always have consoles in stock, Wii's included, and the bundles they do sell are genuinely worth it.

My 360 cost $50 more than regular retailers and came with a 2nd wireless controller, extra headphones and a play and charge kit.

They even bundle up games - Mercury Meltdown Revoltion and Rampage for the Wii for $24.99 (if memory serves). Which is a great deal if those are games you wanted, like I did.

The only real downside to them is they don't stock a variety of games. But, your big releases (Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo3, Madden, etc) are always in stock and almost always $5 cheaper.

bread's done
Back