Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2008

My gamestop is hands down the greatest game store I've ever been to. Therefore, all gamestops will reap their benefit!

Best Buy. Price matching, mostly accurate and plentiful in-store stock when checking online, and the Reward Zone Gamers Club make them my choice.

Have to go with Blockbuster. They have some killer deals sometimes and then combine that with a magical credit system last year. If it was all about a vast selection then it would be different, but for me there is no question I found the best deals and got the most value for my money at Blockbuster.

[quote name='Smallville123']Blockbuster Video because of their crazy buy one get one free and had a lot of good games 14.99 and under.[/QUOTE]

Ditto ^_^

My local Gamestop stores are staffed by friendly, super-knowledgeable people who actually play games. Sometimes other retailers have better prices, but the cost difference can't compete with conversation. Gamestop wins with me.

I love going to Target and seeing what random good deals they might be having this time. I don't get there often but I usually find something good to get.

Target really drew in my dollar around the holidays (and since). Previously, BB would get most of my attention. I like BB doing price matching, but I shouldn't need to price match... the deal should be there. I won't go to Target for anything else, but they are top on my list for games now though.

I can't pick Best Buy because their actual selection of games is rarely good.

GameStop has a great selection with great prices.

I'm going with Blockbuster this year mainly because of the ability to get games on the cheap through flipping (although they pretty much put an end to this in the last couple weeks).

I voted for Circuit City to go out with one last bang. I picked up more clearance games from their stores this year than all other stores combined. They had some of the best clearance sales and you could make the deal even better with their frequent coupons and Gamers Club. R.I.P.

bread's done
Back