Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2010

Went with Target because of their clearance deals. I know Kmart has put a lot of effort into their deals, but I don't really have a convenient Kmart.

Toys R Us is probably second for me, but I didn't like how they limited their reward program to coupons that can only be spent during certain 2 week time periods. It's too easy for them to just not have any deals during that time frame.

Best Buy deals have been few and far between ever since they eliminated the Gamer reward zone coupons or moved them to the magazine, and I don't think you can combine them with sales any more. They focus too much on reward zone points and loyalty programs rather than actual deals.

I still hate gamestop selling opened games as new.

K-Mart all the way, The Game credits from this year were almost too good to be true half the time. I hope K-mart delivers the deals in 2011 as well

KMart. If you'd told me a year ago I'd be selecting them, I'd have given you the look River gave Simon when he asked if he was speaking to Miranda. And yet...

Gamestop. There's actually a good store with great employees near my office. Not only do they know what they're selling, they never hound me, and it's a pleasant visit each time I go. Plus, I can walk in and out fairly quickly; whereas with best buy or any other B&M, it will be at least 30 minutes dealing with lines, walking to the game section, etc.

I almost feel dirty voting for Best Buy here, but I don't have any real complaints about them over the past 12 months (other than the store I went to not having any of the midnight release Reach incentives).

I think Best Buy is the only B&M store I bought a game at this year, all of my other shopping was online.

Best bargains would probably go to Kmart.

But best overall would have to go to GameStop. I'd make a piechart, but you wouldn't respect me in the morning.

Went with Best Buy because despite K-Mart having deals at least the Best Buy employees knew about the ones they had.

K-Mart, the 25,000 ($25) SYWPs are awesome! Although they need to stock up on way more than 2 or 3 CE/SE/Limited Editions and allow people to pre-order games on and offline...

Target, because they still occasionally have good to great deals - Best Buy doesn't seem like they do anymore.

K-Mart seems like they've become really good, but I don't have any close to me, so it's not an option.

Target (solely for clearance - I don't think I've ever purchased a "regular" game there) and, yes, Gamestop were high on my list, but it is hard not to vote for Kmart, especially given the effort put forth by Josh (aka SHC Gamer) to reach out to the CAG community. I purchased quite a bit there last Fall as well.

My local Gamestop is pretty nice and has some really good guys working there so I don't have the hate for it that most CAGs do. I made some decent trade-ins there and picked up a few CE/LE's and guides cheap. And it is pretty much the only source now for the occasional used game that I buy (usually something that is hard to find new but I just want a copy to play).

Used to be TRU but they've been skimpy on the deals in the last year or two, so Target gets my vote for their Magical Endcaps of Clearance Wonders.

bread's done
Back