Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='doctorfaustus']I agree. I also, nominate Gamerush. It was the only place i went for new games thanks to the trade-in 2 get a new game 29.99 and the good to excellent trade-in values.[/QUOTE]

How about a tie between TRU and Gamerush, because it was all those cheap TRU games that allowed us to pwn Gamerush and their ridiculous trade deals! But the inept customer service, lateness/no-show of certain games and overall poor organization brings them down quite a bit.
Nah I'd have to pick TRU as the winner, we had THREE superb sales from them - at the start of the year there was the green tag 90% off, where you could get games for $1-$2, then there was the return of the green tag 50% off, and the spectacular 9.99 December clearance.
CC wasn't as great in 05, the July 4 sale paled in comparison to the legendary $5 sale of 2004. There were some good individual sale prices here and there but nothing that could challenge TRU. Best Buy doesn't even register, that supposed $5 sale with the changing prices was a washout.

Fry's, even though CC did have a lot of great deals. But gotta go with Fry's because most of the games that just got released were usually $35 or $40.

Based only on 2005, I've got to go with Toys R Us, Sam Goody, and Game Rush. I know that when someone posts a deal on here regarding one of those stores, I'll be able to get it too. I can say the opposite for Circuit City, Best Buy, and EB.

I never thought I would say this but...Best Buy. Last year was by far the best experience this "devil" customer has had in a long time...

I know a lot of people on this site hate them, but Best Buy was the best B&M retailer in 2005. They had incredible coupons (that $10 off one at the end of the year seals it), plus everyone seems to forget they had a CC/TRU quality clearance last spring: Y's, Paper Mario, Growlanser Generations, and many others were all $9.99 each.

Not to mention, they were the place to get penny guides with the least amount of hassle.

Gamecrazy has ridiculously good prices across the board. Not only that, they have among the highest trade in values around.

You dont HAVE to wait for a sale to shop at Gamecrazy.

TRU hands down, first in late Oct. Buy 2 get 1 free sale on videogames. Then the $10 clearance in late Dec. Easily one of the best places for Videogame deals. A close second is Best Buy, since you can always get a game for $5 off with the GGC and things got really sweet with the $10 off $30 coupon.

gamestop more or less equals eb...I visit each on about equal frequency. so I threw in the vote for eb, since one of my friends from HS works at one.

I like game crazy. They remind me of an olde-timey game store (in a good way). Plus they consistantly have good prices and trade-in values.

I love CC. Clueless employee (mostly, don't mean to offend anyone) + a corporate office that drops prices and doesn't tell anyone = there will always be great deals. $2 game clearance was great this year.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Why is Best Buy on the list...?[/QUOTE]

Like the other CAG (Josef) mentioned, BB gives you the least hassle when it comes to getting penny guides... also the $5 off PSP/PS2 coupon and the $10 off 360 coupon... not to mention GGC, RZ and PM+10%.

In terms of best cheap deals, I would say TRU during the green tag sale in March... there were so many $1 to $3 games... I found a lot of hidden gems that I would have never tried before (like Kya on PS2).

Blockbuster had the trade in 3 for a $5 PO... and the fact the trade-in games counted as credit made the games free (with extra store credit to boot)... That was great because most of the titles available were just a couple months old.

... Best deal (in terms of value and quality) goes to Blockbuster.
... Best cheap deals goes to TRU.
... Best B&M goes to BB.

TRU did me proud this past year with their pricing glitch during the buy 2/get 1 sale, the green tag clearance and the later $10 clearance.

Voted EB, mainly because Rhino didn't make the list. Rhino is hands-down the best gamestore in my area. The untouchable 2-for-1 year-round deal combined with possibly the best used game selection, great extra sales, and a very friendly staff.

EB is second place tho. Some people I've seen post who said they can't understand why anyone would pick EB, or why they wouldn't pick Best Buy - well, just realize stores vary by region. I've been to some excellent Best Buy's - but mine is the smallest one I've ever seen. I actually had a employee tell me it was built off of a newer small floorplan and ours was one of the first like it - unfortunately for us. Plus, getting deals there for me is very hit-or-miss.

Meanwhile, our EB is one of the largest & cleanest I've seen. It's a very well-organized store with a very friendly & knowledgeable staff. They also run some great sales as well as game clearances from time to time.

Went with Bestbuy because I can get at least $5 off pretty much anything there with GGCs, also random salespaper deals and the latest $10 coupon.

The one now on the list I would have picked is Fry's, I would love to have a Fry's here, they have discounts on games when they first come out and you don't need coupons!

I have to go along with some people that BB was my choice. The use of their coupons and penny guides that i could get easily are my reasons.

If it wasn't for TRU, there is SO many games I wouldn't have right now. Please don't ever go out of business! And I've been shopping there for years since my childhood. I still remember getting the orig Toejam and Earl for SEGA Genesis with my childhood best friend and bringing it home to play together and how cool we thought that game was at the time. And (although only 1 TRU in my area still does it) the only store I know that does the ticket system which is so much easier to look thru - just alphabetised flip cards, no racks of endless games to look thru - you can see them all easily in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back