Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eb Games and Circuit City, whose combined trade 3 get $10 sale and clearance bins, allowed me to get a new premium 360, Saints Row, and a year of live for under $200

Best Buy.

Mostly because I find their games much better organized than CC or TRU, and you can use the $5 off coupon for ANY game (over $19.99). CC and TRU are a close second because of their deals and having more older and rare games.

Best Buy. They run good sales and PM guarentee is money. I would have said Gamerush if they had any good stock but I haven't been able to find anything I wanted for months.

I second the Circuit City votes. All there clearence sales, them letting me use the $40 off coupon (more than once actually) and their ads are normally much better than BB's.

hmm tough one i got viva pinata for $16 at bestbuy and i got 1600 points for $5 at circuit city, hmmm. Frys is always a good price.

I CHOOSE BESTBUY

Between Target and TRU - I'll have to go with Target. The selection is well-organized, and their red-tag clearance sales are tough to beat.

TRU has awesome clearance deals, but it's tough to really find anything in the R Zone. Shelves are never adequately stocked, items are mismarked or misplaced. At least from the two I frequent.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I'll nominate Toys R' Us. Thier clearances are few and far between but they are always really good.[/quote]

I second this. When they do have a clearance it is usually excellent and you can always count on the buy 2 get 1 new every october.

People will think I'm insane, but I got more good deals at Sears this year than any place else. Best deal by far was the Micro for $31.50 (PM'ed on Black Friday - plus 10% less for finding a lower price)!

I also love my closest EB Games. The guys there are great. The others in town, though, including the Gamestop 2 minutes away from that store, pretty much suck, though.

RD

TRU... one of my two local ones is now closed, but the remaining one is appropriately dingy, has a couple of die-hard gaming geeks working in the video game section, and pulls through with enough sales and ridiculous price drops that it stays about on par with CC and Sears in the deal finder's champion's league.

$100 gift card with the purchase of a 360? Annual B2G1? C'mon! Plus it was the only place to find a Wii on launch day after 0900 around here.

Best Buy - had some good deals, price matches without any problems, GGC. Also get in new game releases pretty quickly unlike previous years.

[quote name='GenDV138']Best Buy - had some good deals, price matches without any problems, GGC. Also get in new game releases pretty quickly unlike previous years.[/quote]

You must not have Nazis running your BB like I do. I've always had nothing BUT problems with price matching. Hence why I don't eve bother anymore there

My local Software Etc., simply because of the great selection and great customer service, along with a spacious store.

And also for not being the cliche GameStop/EB that everyone else seems to hate.

[quote name='akilshohen']Circuit City for the glitches[/QUOTE]

Ooh, that's right - the Buy 2 Get 1 free $19.99 and under glitch was early 2006, wasn't it? (Buy 2 $2 clearance games, get a $19.99 game like Lego Star Wars or DMC3 CE for free).

However, CC went WAY downhill in my mind after that - a somewhat meh summer sale followed by nothing all Fall/Winter. Kmart has been my best source for clearance games. I have a hard time calling any of them "best" though. I would even throw EB in there just because I found one with a cool manager. But I also considered putting them under worst for general principles as well ;). TRU has been OK but ever since they got rid of green tag clearances they haven't been so great either. Best Buy is nice for the recurring $5 off any game coupons, but not for much else. Target has been much worse since they started removing games after 75% off and sending them to Goodwill (no more games for $2 at 90% off like in 2005).

Gamerush would have gotten my vote for sure if they didn't start failing to get games in towards the end of the year (with the final straw being that they never got a Wii or even accessories and haven't to this day).

My votes are probably Kmart for best (due ONLY to the clearance pricing and selection) and Walmart for the worst. EB has been very up and down for me (sometimes the greatest, sometimes not so much).

I'm going to have to go with BB for the GGC, printable coupons, rewards points, and dumb ass cashiers that let me get away with using all three at once........good shit.

[quote name='GenDV138']Best Buy - had some good deals, price matches without any problems, GGC. Also get in new game releases pretty quickly unlike previous years.[/QUOTE]
totally.

just after release got R6V for 40 bucks, they price-match VERY easily (they did it without any sort of proof on a twenty bucks off a sixty dollar game), they've got the reward zone shit to I'm all the time earning five dollars off coupons, they've got those cards witht he five dollar off coupons, etc.

also they don't hurt your soul to go into the store like an EB/GS does.

and can we forget the Gears of War pre-order deal for the cheap CHEAP XBLA points and the Gears t-shirt, case, and pre-order all for fifteen bucks?
(and also I second your Lawrence Arms. Oh! Calcutta! is a fucking sweet album :D )

Best Buy for their decent selection and mainly for their consistent coupons.

Circuit City a close second, for their annual clearances.

This may sound strange, but i'm going with Big Lots. Sure, the selection sucks and is only limited to PC games, but damn are they good deals when you find something you like.

Best Buy for GGC and relatively consistent $5 off coupons. With one exception (TP for $30) I don't think I've ever spent more than $10 on a game there.

I guess TRU. No store really stood out for me this year, but I always seem to find higher quality stuff marked down there, as opposed to the crap that's usually in Circuit City's junk bin. TRU releasing the 360 camera ahead of time gets points as well.

I'm generally too lazy and/or busy to bother going to B&M stores these days.

Ciricuit City. Used that $40 off coupon twice, got Rayman for $30, got some 360 Wireless controlers for $40 plus a few other random good deals.

Ciricuit City. Used that $40 off coupon twice, got Rayman for $30, got some 360 Wireless controlers for $40 plus a few other random good deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back