Best Buy $0.01: LotR: The One Ring (pre-order bonus)

JediJames2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Not sure that it belongs here, but it looks like Best Buy is continuing to penny stuff out and post it on their site. Mostly a bunch of older pre-order bonuses (stuffed plushes, story books, ect.) that show out of stock in my area, but one recent pre-order bonus that is showing up is The One Ring you got for pre-ordering Lord of the Rings Extended Edition.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lord+Of...42.p?id=2225674&skuId=2684342&st=*&lp=38&cp=2

Good luck to those interested!

Oh, and it keep things semi on topic for this part of the board, they also have a version of Fast and Furious at $0.01 but it's not in stock/will ship when available (aka probably never at this point).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blu-ray+Disc/1816222.p?id=2181764&skuId=1816222&st=*&lp=40&cp=2

A store near me has the ring in stock. There's no way to order it for pick up anymore right? I just have to go in and hope it's on the shelves?

I just checked and about 5 of the stores around my area have them in stock. I wonder if they will sell them for $0.01 in the store? If so, I'm buying every single one they have!

[quote name='TealPavelski']I just checked and about 5 of the stores around my area have them in stock. I wonder if they will sell them for $0.01 in the store? If so, I'm buying every single one they have![/QUOTE]

if they are in the store they should ring up as a penny. Its how I got penny items years before.

So I called the BB in my city (Santa Rosa, CA) and the sales associate said they had 12 in stock. I went to the store, but couldn't find them and neither could one of the employees.

Was able to snag one of these today. The employees thought it was a glitch and it was sort of a hassle to get one but they eventually just gave it to me for being patient. They had these up by where the registers were... I didn't dare ask for another since they already seemed sorta adverse to giving me one.

[quote name='TealPavelski']I just checked and about 5 of the stores around my area have them in stock. I wonder if they will sell them for $0.01 in the store? If so, I'm buying every single one they have![/QUOTE]

Do you have the SKU for it?

so while shopping for the Sonic (i think it was the early 1990's the cartoon was on fox. The actor voice was the the guy that played the nerd in family matters?) i saw 1 tron flynn t shirt. There was none of the other stuff.

I couldnt find find the sonic tv show. Does anyone remember this show and how it ended? I remember bits of it. Sonic father was a robot and was turned back to himself. I think i saw the ending but not sure.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Stock locator links for the LOTR item and F&F:

LOTR(SKU: 2684342 ): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

F&F(SKU: 1816222): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode[/QUOTE]

LOTR is completely pulled/gone in LA. And one of the stores had dozens of them just a couple of weeks ago. I also found the F&F with that SKU at a Best Buy - there were two that had different UPC stickers over the UPC and a bunch that didn't have any stickers, just the UPC on the case. Unfortunately, none of them rang up for a penny. They were $12.99, $19.99, and $24.99 :roll:

[quote name='karkyco']LOTR is completely pulled/gone in LA. And one of the stores had dozens of them just a couple of weeks ago. I also found the F&F with that SKU at a Best Buy - there were two that had different UPC stickers over the UPC and a bunch that didn't have any stickers, just the UPC on the case. Unfortunately, none of them rang up for a penny. They were $12.99, $19.99, and $24.99 :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Saw like 6 of them. I also notice that some had no sticker, but all had the same UPC. There were like 2 of them that had a BB sticker on it with a different sku. Its $12.99. Its the red cover 2 disc edition blu ray. All the rings were also pulled. I luck out on 1 shirt. the inventory showed 2 in stock, but only found 1. They also removed some of the penny stuff off the bb website.

The Sunnyvale, CA store is supposed to have 10 of the LOTR in stock, but the employees couldn't find them. If a local CAG has better luck, please think about giving one to me! :D

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']The Sunnyvale, CA store is supposed to have 10 of the LOTR in stock, but the employees couldn't find them. If a local CAG has better luck, please think about giving one to me! :D[/QUOTE]

Did u ask for them to check the back?

If it says 10 in stock then mostly likely its in the backroom getting ready to be send out to warehouse.

They had 17 cars 2 steelbook and had it in the backroom. they found it but couldnt sell it.

I can confirm that there are some in the wild. I found and picked up four today. They all had price stickers on them reading "$.01" plus the sku.

I think I'm giving up on these. I just called my local store again and now they are saying they don't have them. I think I'm just gonna buy me an actual ring I can wear.

img0950dp.jpg

There's today's haul including the rings.

[quote name='dabamus']I can confirm that there are some in the wild. I found and picked up four today. They all had price stickers on them reading "$.01" plus the sku.[/QUOTE]

Where were the rings located? I looked all over the DVD/BD section and the employee looked in the back (supposedly) and couldn't locate them despite my store having 12.

[quote name='dabamus']They were with the extended editions on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, my store did not have them with the
iconbluraypng.png
on the shelf...oh well.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']The Sunnyvale, CA store is supposed to have 10 of the LOTR in stock, but the employees couldn't find them. If a local CAG has better luck, please think about giving one to me! :D[/QUOTE]

Don't plan on going to BB this weekend but if I do, I'll try to nab you one.

[quote name='Donut2922']Are you guys using RSS to determine the quantity available? If not, how did you guys figure that out?[/QUOTE]

I asked an employee to look up the SKU in-store. If there's a better way, someone please let me know! :D

[quote name='Donut2922']Are you guys using RSS to determine the quantity available? If not, how did you guys figure that out?[/QUOTE]

I had a guy look up surrounding stores in RSS. One had 13 showing(9 now probably) and another had 12, but I couldn't find any when I checked.

So I just talked to my local store again and the employee told me that they have 12 of the rings, but most likely they are being shipped back to the vendor. Which means I can't buy them and the same goes for a couple other local BB's.

I guess if I really want one, I can fork over the $15 on eBay! I'd really prefer getting one for a penny however! lol

[quote name='dabamus']
img0950dp.jpg

There's today's haul including the rings.[/QUOTE]

Have you opened a ring yet? Is it made out of metal or plastic? If I buy one on eBay for $15, is it worth it or should I just pass?

[quote name='TealPavelski']Have you opened a ring yet? Is it made out of metal or plastic? If I buy one on eBay for $15, is it worth it or should I just pass?[/QUOTE]

youd pay $15 even though these things were normally $5? damn you really want one.

[quote name='TealPavelski']Have you opened a ring yet? Is it made out of metal or plastic? If I buy one on eBay for $15, is it worth it or should I just pass?[/QUOTE]

I've heard the ring quality is not that great. If you want a ring, there are much nicer replicas (jewelry quality) elsewhere.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']youd pay $15 even though these things were normally $5? damn you really want one.[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I think I will just buy me a real ring! lol

[quote name='dabamus']
img0950dp.jpg

There's today's haul including the rings.[/QUOTE]
Damn. was all this in 1 store finding? Shocked to see u were able to find these guides in this late of the game.

[quote name='The Punisher']Damn. was all this in 1 store finding? Shocked to see u were able to find these guides in this late of the game.[/QUOTE]

Lotr was at one and the guides were split between two others.

[quote name='dabamus']Lotr was at one and the guides were split between two others.[/QUOTE]

golden sun and New super mario is a really good find.

I was only able to find Star wars CE x3 and 1 epic mickey CE

I can't get either of the links to work. All it says is "sorry, the page you requested was not found" but it's a best buy page. So I can click some other stuff and it just drags me into their normal site.

I had reserved the lotr box and when I got to best buy they told me they didn't have it. I left without it. I've had really bad experiences finding anything cheap at my best buy ever.

[quote name='Blaster man']I had reserved the lotr box and when I got to best buy they told me they didn't have it. I left without it. I've had really bad experiences finding anything cheap at my best buy ever.[/QUOTE]

same here. They said that to me when i was looking for the cars steelbook. They check again found 17 in the stockroom boxed up. Then said couldnt sell it because its being send back

I hate BB and this thread. Two separate orders for rings and the tron shirt placed and pickups confirmed. Emails sent out 30 minutes later cancelling both orders. :bs:

None here in mission valley san diego. And i wasn't even clear on if it was just the ring bonus or the movie set and the ring. Enlighten me anyone?

[quote name='sixluis']None here in mission valley san diego. And i wasn't even clear on if it was just the ring bonus or the movie set and the ring. Enlighten me anyone?[/QUOTE]

its just the ring.

[quote name='sixluis']None here in mission valley san diego. And i wasn't even clear on if it was just the ring bonus or the movie set and the ring. Enlighten me anyone?[/QUOTE]

Couldnt find the ring, but found metal of Honor LE and Metroid guide.

Attempted to buy one of these here in Tucson, AZ today (SW location). Grabbed one off the shelf and took it to customer services, where I was informed it would cost me $100. This was of course the price for the whole BD set. When I asked the employee to scan the pre-order SKU, it rang in as $.01 but the employee said she could not sell it to me at that price.

I explained the situation and after a manager was called, I was offered to buy the ring for $10, as per the original pre-order instructions citing a necessary $10 deposit toward the BD set. Explaining that the set was already released did me no good and I just ended up leaving without the ring.

Oh well.

bread's done
Back