Best Buy $0.01: LotR: The One Ring (pre-order bonus)

JediJames2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Not sure that it belongs here, but it looks like Best Buy is continuing to penny stuff out and post it on their site. Mostly a bunch of older pre-order bonuses (stuffed plushes, story books, ect.) that show out of stock in my area, but one recent pre-order bonus that is showing up is The One Ring you got for pre-ordering Lord of the Rings Extended Edition.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lord+Of...42.p?id=2225674&skuId=2684342&st=*&lp=38&cp=2

Good luck to those interested!

Oh, and it keep things semi on topic for this part of the board, they also have a version of Fast and Furious at $0.01 but it's not in stock/will ship when available (aka probably never at this point).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blu-ray+Disc/1816222.p?id=2181764&skuId=1816222&st=*&lp=40&cp=2

Oh, by the way, random tidbit for the day: the receipt for one penny guide and 13 of these rings was 33 inches long due to having to do a preorder of one penny for each ring. (I measured it when I got home from PA :D )

Welp, my orders got cancelled but I did get a $10 gift card for my trouble (pick up emails sent out but not in store)

[quote name='dabamus']Oh, by the way, random tidbit for the day: the receipt for one penny guide and 13 of these rings was 33 inches long due to having to do a preorder of one penny for each ring. (I measured it when I got home from PA :D )[/QUOTE]
:lol: I think the registers at BB have a transaction limit, where they have to start a second transaction after so many items are scanned in.

I know this because when I used to be hitting the Syracuse NY area BB stores for 40-60 guides per drop they would cap it out at I think 25-30 items. The receipts would be like 3 1/2 to 4 feet long.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: I think the registers at BB have a transaction limit, where they have to start a second transaction after so many items are scanned in.

I know this because when I used to be hitting the Syracuse NY area BB stores for 40-60 guides per drop they would cap it out at I think 25-30 items. The receipts would be like 3 1/2 to 4 feet long.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was hoping it was three feet, but it was 3 frickin inches short. :p

[quote name='sixluis']None here in mission valley san diego. And i wasn't even clear on if it was just the ring bonus or the movie set and the ring. Enlighten me anyone?[/QUOTE]

It's TEH PRECIOUS! Just a big box the size of a DVD/Blu TV Season or box set, containing TEH PRECIOUS!!!

I usually don't go for anything pennied out cuz once they see the price they won't sell it, but I wanted the ring. Same deal. Guy said people are getting fined or fired for selling them cuz they're supposed to get thrown out. So basically all my stores follow the rules and suck. Oh well, it was worth a shot, pretty sweet for anyone that can get pennied stuff though

My brother is dying for a ring. Anyone wanna trade? Check out my list!

As far as shipping goes, open the huge box- and just ship the smaller box that contains the ring, chain, etc.

bread's done
Back