Best Buy: 007 Legends PS3 & 360 $5/ Prototype 2 360 deal is dead no more!

Thanks OP.. Been wanting 007 legends for awhile and I already best Prototype but now I have a present for my brother at Christmas... Might try and get them again tomorrow in store since you can use digital and physical. It's legit, but they don't like to give things away for free..

Thanks OP.. Been wanting 007 legends for awhile and I already best Prototype but now I have a present for my brother at Christmas... Might try and get them again tomorrow in store since you can use digital and physical. It's legit, but they don't like to give things away for free..

Are you sure you can use it digitally and physical?

Since Prototype 2 is $15, and the coupon says $20 off, will the employees give me some problems if I try and use it in store?

Also, what happens if I don't pick up a Ship-to-Store order? Why do I need to enter my credit card info?
They will have to override it, remember the Free fighting game. Forgot the name. It will get canceled and your money will be refunded. Just put a gift card, it won't use any money.

edit- nvm if you don't pick it I think you lose the coupons, I forgot it's free

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Prototype 2 is $15, and the coupon says $20 off, will the employees give me some problems if I try and use it in store?

Yeah they will, but they should Honor it. I'm going to try tomorrow too. I used to know a guy, but since they did away with the gaming area they've been less pleasant to shop at game wise.
Also, what happens if I don't pick up a Ship-to-Store order? Why do I need to enter my credit card info?

I might have to switch to digital after this, since I still get the physical magazine in the mail. Coupons explicitly say "Not valid on any Bestbuy.com order, including in-store pickup."

I placed an order for both for in store pickup at the closest Best Buy using a credit card. Just going to do a return/rebuy and get both for free before Best Buy fixes this, which they will.

They will have to override it, remember the Free fighting game. Forgot the name. It will get canceled and your money will be refunded. Just put a gift card, it won't use any money.

edit- nvm if you don't pick it I think you lose the coupons, I forgot it's free
There was a free fighting game too? Aw, missed on that as well

Yeah they will, but they should Honor it. I'm going to try tomorrow too. I used to know a guy, but since they did away with the gaming area they've been less pleasant to shop at game wise.
Report back as soon as you can!

I might have to switch to digital after this, since I still get the physical magazine in the mail. Coupons explicitly say "Not valid on any Bestbuy.com order, including in-store pickup."

I placed an order for both for in store pickup at the closest Best Buy using a credit card. Just going to do a return/rebuy and get both for free before Best Buy fixes this, which they will.
Ah, fine print. Well, there is a copy of 007 Legends near me for the 360. I'll give it a shot with that.

And would appreciate if anybody knows if the coupons can be used twice. 

They have 007 in stock near me so I would like to try it but IDK I really doubt I'm banned.

If I am though lol idk what I did wrong

And would appreciate if anybody knows if the coupons can be used twice.

They have 007 in stock near me so I would like to try it but IDK I really doubt I'm banned.

If I am though lol idk what I did wrong
Well, if you're not banned now, I wouldn't risk it buy using the coupons twice. If you had an initial online transaction that didn't go through, then your coupons still haven't been redeemed yet and should still work.

Well, if you're not banned now, I wouldn't risk it buy using the coupons twice. If you had an initial online transaction that didn't go through, then your coupons still haven't been redeemed yet and should still work.
Even if it says they have been redeemed already? Which it what it says if I use them online again.

I guess I'll just see what everyone says. Yeah though my initial transaction online was canceled right away.

Thanks.

lol @ those trying to justify paying for such shit coupons. Protoype 2 has been $5 before without GCU, and 007 Legends is a shit game; worst 007 game in a long time. 

Yes. You can use the coupon digitally and physically. I used it last month to get Wii Transformers Prime via shipping and then in-store.
Will try tomorrow, thanks for the info. :)

If its still up.

Will the game ring up correctly?

It did the last time Tank Tank Tank on the Wii U was free. When they scanned the coupon it brought the game down to $0.00.
I was referring to like if the price on website will reflect in-store. Just clarifying. But I think you got that :p

I appreciate it, not trying to get two copies but I have no idea why I can't order through there site. Do they ban you for getting free items? Or something.

Do you know if theres a way to find out if your banned?

lol @ those trying to justify paying for such shit coupons. Protoype 2 has been $5 before without GCU, and 007 Legends is a shit game; worst 007 game in a long time.
I've made far more than I've spent with this program on free games and trade ins alone. It's still going down hill, but this is my 4th free game this year with tank tank tank, and when they had the 10 off all game mess up.

Thanks OP don't know how I almost missed this. Got 007 Legends 360 for in-store pickup and Prototype 2 for 360 for shipping both for free. I don't know how many total copies of Prototype 2 I've gotten from BB but I hope this is my last one.

Boring old physical magazine coupons!  I have to go all the way in to the store to get my free stuff and I'll probably get roughed up by the overzealous best buy gustapo thinking I hacked the best buy mainframe to change the prices.  Oh well, I do like free stuff.

Never received a copy of @Gamer since switching over to digital a couple months back. These two turds aren't worth the hoops I'd have to jump through to get my digital sub. I'm definitely finished with @Gamer.

Huh, didn't realize that the physical coupons were in store only versus the digital.   According to the website neither BB in town has either game available.

Oh well.

I'd give my coupons to someone if it was simple, but I'm still a print mag subscriber....well I was until recently but I got these coupons in the last one.

I'm still offering a 25% off any preowned console at GS coupon for either a digital or in store coupon/code for 007 Legends.  I want it to play it, not to flip! :p

Have the physical mag. This is gonna be interesting, the last time the coupons were worth more than the sale price, it took forever to get the free games. Will try later today.

:applause:  Thanks a lot, OP. I already have a PS3 copy of Prototype, but I wanted a 360 just in case. Also picked up 007 Legends for the PS3, probably just to flip. I already made my $16 back with the 10% bonus on trades, so all this is just frosting on the chocolate cake.

Have the physical mag. This is gonna be interesting, last the coupons were worth more than the sale price, it took forever to get the free games. Will try later today.
Whether the coupon is worth more or not doesn't matter. Best Buy corporate might disable the coupon from working, but if they don't, it'll work. The price will come off and there's nothing the junior detectives at Best Buy can do about it. A while back, I got TERA for free at Best Buy thanks to an @Gamer coupon. The fat, ugly junior detective cashier took my game and receipt as she tried to find a manager, as well as maybe find a half-eaten Snickers bar on the floor. Manager told her, if the system allows it, then it's fine.

All the GCU haters can kiss every hairy inch of my ass.  This is exactly why you pony up the $15 annual fee for the coupons.  And the best part?  No one will be able to sign up/renew until well after the sale is over, so anyone who was blubbering about renewing last month is boned.

Thanks OP, heading out to my BB right at open to grab both games (can't do online since I have physical coupons).  Here's hoping for more markdowns while the renewals are locked out.

bread's done
Back