Best Buy: 007 Legends PS3 & 360 $5/ Prototype 2 360 deal is dead no more!

Obligatory these coupons suck, but I'll take them from anyone who doesn't want them.

Haha jk. Picked them up online with free shipping. Thanks OP.

If i cancel my order will I be able to reuse my coupon? I didn't notice Prototype 2 was also free so I just ordered 007 and paid $3 for shipping   :wall:

All the GCU haters can kiss every hairy inch of my ass. This is exactly why you pony up the $15 annual fee for the coupons. And the best part? No one will be able to sign up/renew until well after the sale is over, so anyone who was blubbering about renewing last month is boned.

Thanks OP, heading out to my BB right at open to grab both games (can't do online since I have physical coupons). Here's hoping for more markdowns while the renewals are locked out.
Dude, you do realize that people can still renew the mag subscription from the @gamer website. It's the BB benefits portion of GCU that people are losing because of the lockout.

Last edited by a moderator:
It keeps saying there's and error processing the order for me after I hit submit did they kill it?

Thanks OP. Hopefully picking up 007 today and having Proto shipped to store. 

Have to go to BB anyway so I'll try the printed coupons in store as well. 

The coupons won't work without a valid GCU membership on the same transaction.
Ordered 007 for store pickup Prototype 2 for free shipping, both on one order. Got the error processing order message on my iPad. Went to PC and it submitted my order. My GCU is expired but is the last set of coupons they sent me. We'll see what happens I guess. Thanks OP regardless if my order gets cancelled.

Any confirmation that you can use the promo code online and the upc coupon in store?  I want to make the trip but I will wait for confirmation

Order for 007 Legends went through and then was promptly cancelled since they could not "verify" my CC for some reason.  Decided to call them and I talked to someone who transferred me to sales. After waiting 15 mins I hung up.  BBY then calls me back with a sale rep which was pretty crazy.  Unfortunately my coupon code "disappeared" from the order and was not triggering the sale.  She told me it was being escalated but I highly doubt I will see this game. If it was something I really wanted I might make a fuss but this game is supposed to be pretty bad. I already 1000/1000 prototype 2 so I am not going to try that one.

Just as a heads-up - ESPN Sports Connection is $22.49 right now on Amazon as well. Take the $30 coupon off to Best Buy, have them price match, apply coupon, and viola - a third free game from this deal.

Have at it CAG!

Just as a heads-up - ESPN Sports Connection is $22.49 right now on Amazon as well. Take the $30 coupon off to Best Buy, have them price match, apply coupon, and viola - a third free game from this deal.

Have at it CAG!
Thanks for the heads up, but do you think it will actually work?

I remember when Deadliest Warrior was free people were having a hard ass time getting them to honor it in store. That Tank game, and these two, they had the online coupons, so I just let the site handle it because it won't whine about free games.

Thanks for the heads up, but do you think it will actually work?

I remember when Deadliest Warrior was free people were having a hard ass time getting them to honor it in store. That Tank game, and these two, they had the online coupons, so I just let the site handle it because it won't whine about free games.
I've done multiple price-matches in store before - there isn't anything on the coupon itself that prohibits the match, and that point always worked with me when I presented the coupon to the manager. YMMV of course, but it shouldn't be an issue. I'll test it out and see what I can find.

Anyone have an extra prototype coupon? I haven't been able to sign up for this program again since my sub ended 2 months ago, and if somebody has an extra prototype coupon it would be greatly appreciated.

I've done multiple price-matches in store before - there isn't anything on the coupon itself that prohibits the match, and that point always worked with me when I presented the coupon to the manager. YMMV of course, but it shouldn't be an issue. I'll test it out and see what I can find.
My concern isn't the PM/coupon part of it. My concern is clerks are going to see a free game and say they can't do it. My friend and I spent 30 minutes to get them to give us Deadliest Warrior when it was $9.99 with the $10 off coupon and it wasn't even really worth the effort.

My GCU expired on Monday, but the online coupon codes worked.  Already got the "ready for pickup" message for the 007 Legends PS3 game from my local store.  Last time with Tank Tank Tank, I was able to order online and use that code and then print out the physical coupon and then use that as well.  I'm going to try to pickup the 360 version in store as well with the physical coupon.  Thanks a ton OP.  I'm going to trade these in to GS to reduce the cost of my PS4.  Yay free games!

Just bought both for the 360 online with in store pick up. Had no issues at all. The last time I used a coupon was over 4 months ago.

I might try this tomorrow when im out 

Im not even sure its worth the hassle for a POS like 007 legends though

Should be an amusing thread when people try to get free games in store

My concern isn't the PM/coupon part of it. My concern is clerks are going to see a free game and say they can't do it. My friend and I spent 30 minutes to get them to give us Deadliest Warrior when it was $9.99 with the $10 off coupon and it wasn't even really worth the effort.
That must have been frustrating. Perhaps it's my Best Buy and the one friendly employee who I trust with my exchanges, but both Tank and Deadliest Warrior worked for me the last time this happened. There's surely a case to be made when you also have a store pick-up (007 Legends) that shows how even the system allows free games with the GCU coupons.

I keep getting the damn "error" message no matter what form of payment I try or if I use the mobile site or the standard site...
Try a different browser. I had the same problem when using Firefox, but when I tried with IE, the order went through without issue.

Thanks OP. I got my orders placed without any problems although Prototype is supposed to be shipped to the store. Funny I traded in 2 007 Legends to them from Amazon a couple weeks back and now I get the game again for free. Yay!

Had to place the order with a 2nd account, no issue. So to recap: couldn't order on my elite plus account that is actually GCU. Was able to order on my junk account that is neither elite plus or GCU. Sigh... oh Best Buy.

That must have been frustrating. Perhaps it's my Best Buy and the one friendly employee who I trust with my exchanges, but both Tank and Deadliest Warrior worked for me the last time this happened. There's surely a case to be made when you also have a store pick-up (007 Legends) that shows how even the system allows free games with the GCU coupons.
Lol yup sure was. If I couldn't use the coupons online I'd probably try and do them at the store for the 360 games but being as I don't have a Wii U I wouldn't try and waste my time on the ESPN one.

Can anyone answer my question please? I don't have unlocked digitally, can I use my physical coupons online?
No. They are for in store only. When you have the digital coupons, you can either print them out and use them in store like the normal coupons, or you can use a separate code printed on them and apply them online. FYI, the code you use online is different from any code that may be on a physical magazine coupon. Sorry.

Welp, this was the last mag I received before my sub ended so I guess It went out on a high note for me lol I never had any issues getting these free games in-store so I should be good to go on 007. Thanks OP!

I can't seem to find my gamer magazine in my junk email inbox.

1.  Does anyone know the date it was sent?

2.  Also, are all of the codes individually numbered? 

3.  I know the codes can only be used once by a BB gamer member.  If I am also a BB gamer member, can I use someone else's code even if its already been redeemed since my account hasn't used a code yet?

Any help is appreciated.

Havent gotten my sub in the mail or digitally for a few months

fuck best buy- no one there knows anything or can help with @gamer. Theyre 2 separate things that dont work

Thanks OP.  Grabbed 'em both.  Really wish Prototype was for PS3 because I have no use for the 360 version, but I'll trade it in or sell it on Amazon for a few bucks.

bread's done
Back