Best Buy: 007 Legends PS3 & 360 $5/ Prototype 2 360 deal is dead no more!

Man, just made it before the store closed. Got stuck in traffic on my way, but made it just in time to pick up two copies of 007 and then trade them right back in.
Makes up for me holding Damage, Inc for one day too long.
Did the coupon work twice or do you have two GCU accounts?

Wow.  I just picked up 007 Legends.  They were sold out of Prototype 2.  They didn't have any when they were $5 after coupon either.

I am keeping 007 for the time being, bad or not.  I can't justify buying it and immediately trading it in, regardless of the TIV drop.  The coupons don't *have* to permit sales price + coupon... so feel obligated to give it a shot ^_^

Sorry for being stupid. I can't find these coupons in my digital issue. Used to get physical copy coupons were not an issue. But I cannot find where these digital coupons are. Thnx for help looking forward to 007

I am keeping 007 for the time being, bad or not. I can't justify buying it and immediately trading it in, regardless of the TIV drop. The coupons don't *have* to permit sales price + coupon... so feel obligated to give it a shot ^_^
Actually, they do... "Mark down taken from sale prices".

Sorry for being stupid. I can't find these coupons in my digital issue. Used to get physical copy coupons were not an issue. But I cannot find where these digital coupons are. Thnx for help looking forward to 007
If you look in the e-mail you got with the link to your digital issue, there's a link to print the coupons.

Prototype 2 for :360: and 007 Legends on either console are free.
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, haha, I meant what was the other free game earlier this year. I saw someone mention there was three free games in one year. I knew Prototype was the other free game right now, sorry. lol

Just picked 007 in-store and the SR asked if I wanted to keep the coupon.  Wonder if I can use it again? Do you all think that once the code has been used in-store that you can't use it again?
Sorry - I did order both games also online and it's being deliver.

Tried to get this before I left work and coupon didn't bundle down the price, realized when I got home that I didn't scan my RZ card for my GCU. (DO'H) Ordered 007 360 online no problem. Went to order prototype 2 and accidentally submitted the order without entering the code in and bought it for $15.87! Immediately cancelled the order and bought again for $0 with the code. God that was dumb now I got $15 in limbo zone for a couple days.

I actually enjoyed 007 Bloodstone, also courtesy of BBY, this one is worse than that? If so might as well trade it in or sell it as sealed without wasting the time, and save the time for more enjoyable games.
Yeah its not as good as Bloodstone. I was really looking forward to playing through some classic (and some not so classic) Bond films, but the execution is lacking. I think the Moonraker levels were the only part that got any effort put into it, there's fun to be had in the zero gravity shooter level, but by the time you've slogged through the other four parts, its too little, too late. And the Skyfall DLC is hardly worth the effort, it covers the first third of the film and then just stops.

It worked like a charm in-store and I had a nice, pretty girl ring me up to boot. Can't beat that.

It worked like a charm in-store and I had a nice, pretty girl ring me up to boot. Can't beat that.
Although I don't frequent BBY because of gas, I have never seen a pretty girl working in BBY, I assume they go work in Sephora or something. Must be a great day for you.

so do these ring up free after coupon (physical) automatically as in no override needed?  I wasn't able to get any of the other free coupon games (didn't get coupon or price was upped)

so do these ring up free after coupon (physical) automatically as in no override needed? I wasn't able to get any of the other free coupon games (didn't get coupon or price was upped)
no override needed, as long as you give them your rewards zone membership with GC. You should have no problems

no override needed, as long as you give them your rewards zone membership with GC. You should have no problems
Just to confirm, did you get the games for free in store using physical coupons from the physical magazine that you got in the mail? Sorry just need to make sure as all the confirms here seem to be online orders for instore pickup.

Anyone else get the info today that best buys new trade in policy is one per game per console instead of 3?
No one would get that info unless they were an employee. No changes to the online faq.

Last edited by a moderator:
All depends on the state you're in my friend.
Glad you're back.

Just to confirm, did you get the games for free in store using physical coupons from the physical magazine that you got in the mail? Sorry just need to make sure as all the confirms here seem to be online orders for instore pickup.

No one would get that info unless they were an employee. No changes to the online faq.
I used the coupon that I printed from email, they didn't need an override. I'm sure it's the same for physical copies coupon.

I used the coupon that I printed from email, they didn't need an override. I'm sure it's the same for physical copies coupon.

Only asking because when I went to trade in 2 copies of 007 today she said she could only trade in 1. I told her it was 3 and she said it must have changed. I know she's not incompetent because she's normally there when I trade in my games and I never have any problems.

Managed to get both games, I don't really care if the online one didn't work but idk why there getting canceled.

If you banned from the store is there any way to verify?

I just used both physical coupons.

Employees don't care either, I mean dude we fucking pay for these coupons, they better work.

Sorry for the dumb question, but where exactly do I go to see the issue?
I logged in and on the site and am lost. First time doing this.
Get ready for some tough news. If they don't send it in the email you can't access it. You must contact the BB mods on Best Buy unboxed to get them. They will respond pretty fast but they may take like 3 days to get them to you. Check your email though, it should say this "your @gamer issue + $xxx in coupons"

Get ready for some tough news. If they don't send it in the email you can't access it. You must contact the BB mods on Best Buy unboxed to get them. They will respond pretty fast but they may take like 3 days to get them to you. Check your email though, it should say this "your @gamer issue + $xxx in coupons"
actually was able to log into the magazine on my app. had to create a password on the site.

browsing on my tablet ow, where do i go to see the coupon? i'm on page 24 and trying to figure it out. I'll continue playing with it.

actually was able to log into the magazine on my app. had to create a password on the site.

browsing on my tablet ow, where do i go to see the coupon? i'm on page 24 and trying to figure it out. I'll continue playing with it.
You can access the magazine, but the coupons are not in it. There is a separate link in the email that gives direct access to the coupons. I've had to go through this several times.

I went somewhere? Was I kidnapped?
you disappeared for a day which seemed like eternity. At least I think you did

You can access the magazine, but the coupons are not in it. There is a separate link in the email that gives direct access to the coupons. I've had to go through this several times.
i have an email for the general coupons, such as the b2g1 free on new. They email the coupons monthly, too?

i have an email for the general coupons, such as the b2g1 free on new. They email the coupons monthly, too?
Those coupons are for signing up so just once. The @Gamer coupons are monthly some last 2 months though. Check your spam, I wrote what it should look like above. When did you sign up?

Those coupons are for signing up so just once. The @Gamer coupons are monthly some last 2 months though. Check your spam, I wrote what it should look like above. When did you sign up?
yeah, i'll look for it. should be there. late september i signed up

i'll check in the morning. thank you! :)

Its in the same email as the magazine link you used. Just scroll lower.
the email I used was for the introductory email that said you need a better couch, etc and when i click the print coupons thing, only the general coupons come up.

they put it under my parents email address, so i'll have to check later. they signed it up under their account.

Got this PM from a 2 post lurker. I thought it was quite amusing...

If you just ordered it online I would appreciate it if you would be willing to send me a pdf of the used coupon so I can see if I am able to use it instore after the online code is used. I don't know if the coupon gets invalidated when you redeem the online one but I would like to try if you could send me a pdf of the coupon so I can print it out. I hear the game kinda sucks but my son loves James Bond and would freak out to get this. THANKS!
Can't believe someone would stoop that low... would your SON really freak out if he got 007 Legends? :rofl:

Got this PM from a 2 post lurker. I thought it was quite amusing...

Can't believe someone would stoop that low... would your SON really freak out if he got 007 Legends? :rofl:
I got that. The person joined in July of this year and, I think, has 2 posts.

:spam:

bread's done
Back