Best Buy: 007 Legends PS3 & 360 $5/ Prototype 2 360 deal is dead no more!

So as not a "2 post lurker" :p does anyone have a coupon/code(for in store or online) that they'd trade for a 25% off a used console coupon from GS? (asking about the 007 coupon btw, I actually want to play it, not flip it :p )

Also got a PM from that lurker. I hope no one actually does give it to him and if you are, give it to someone else here who's at least active.

Whoa, I didn't know that guy was a lurker (though I should have known based on his activity). :shock: I told him that I couldn't give him my coupons due to them having my name on them ("Exclusive Savings for ______").

My sub expired in mid September, but I had this issue mailed to me.

Would I be able to use these in store? You guys think I will encounter any resistance?

I'll post my pictures here later (on mobile), but I can confirm that Best Buy will also give ESPN Sports Connection for free as well through an Amazon price match. That makes three free games in one day.

Thanks again for the heads up OP. I mentioned this might happen in the last Best Buy Gamers Club thread, but it's crazy to think the coupons came through.

Showing $30 for 007 and $25 for Prototype 2 now... not cool BestBuy... not cool.

The prices literally changed as I added them to my cart.  Clicked on the link in OP and saw $19.99... added to cart and it magically changed to $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. Where can I see past purchases or club membership online? I used to see all past purchases in BBRZ, but my BestBuy only shows online purchases...I'd love to get 007.
:\ Wow, apparently my year was up. It's only 10 issues. Called BB who transferred me to @Gamer. They don't send you renewal reminders or final issue notices apparently. Had to re-subscribe but this time I went with the digital subscription.. which somehow still takes 2-6 weeks to confirm. -_- So.. hopefully there's awesome deals this winter.

Looks like it's still holding at $12 base.

But I 'm glad I got mine in last night, because I'm usually the cooler for such things. 

I think they get alerts at BB when I'm on my way to trade games in. "DROP TIV, DROP TIV'

:\ Wow, apparently my year was up. It's only 10 issues. Called BB who transferred me to @Gamer. They don't send you renewal reminders or final issue notices apparently. Had to re-subscribe but this time I went with the digital subscription.. which somehow still takes 2-6 weeks to confirm. -_- So.. hopefully there's awesome deals this winter.
Same thing happened to with me, I called @Gamer in the store to ask for coupons. They said no.

wow BB changed prices.  Not sure if I'll bother with P2, have another week to decide.  I'll at least make some getting 007 and trading it.

hmm so I bought it for 19.99 yesterday for pick up plan to pick up today could I still get them to honor the 19.99 price of yesterday?

lol, i made this thread. are you seriously going to question me. they changed the price, so it is no longer free. go ahead, and pay $5 for it, if you want.
I'd pay $5 for 007 if I had the coupon. Since I missed free, $5 would still be the cheapest I'll see for a long time.

the title can just be changed to ”5$ after @gamer coupon, no need to nuke it
you are here long enough to know, once people found out something was free. they are not going to be happy paying $ for it, and just another ammunition to rag on bestbuy gcu membership with comments like " typical bestbuy, changed the price in one day. No wonder they are going bankrupt". or "bait and switch".

you are here long enough to know, once people found out something was free. they are not going to be happy paying $ for it, and just another ammunition to rag on bestbuy gcu membership with comments like " typical bestbuy, changed the price in one day. No wonder they are going bankrupt". or "bait and switch".
and its usually same people begging for coupons yesterday

Well if you can get a PM and still have the coupon work then this is far from dead. Amazon has it for $19.99/$24.99 for the PS3/360. Never done this but someone was saying it works with ESPN Sports Connection.

Well if you can get a PM and still have the coupon work then this is far from dead. Amazon has it for $19.99/$24.99 for the PS3/360. Never done this but someone was saying it works with ESPN Sports Connection.
I'm sure someone will come in and brag about how they do this all the time but the chances of a manager pming something so you can use a coupon to take it down to free are slim. Very slim.

yep you pretty much nailed it

hahaha they changed their systems up quick lol

didn't want 007 to sign up again for crappy coupons

already have prototype 2
Wow, such an obvious troll, the coupons gave two games for FREE yet magically they are crappy. That is some amazing logic right there. Please point out a single other store that offers better coupons? I'll wait.

Wait. Are you kidding me?! The price was raised?!!!!!! Wowwwwwwww......
ben-stein-in-tally-march-08.jpg

If anyone other than Cags In Training or that PMing Lurker & Son didn't see this coming after all those other times.......
how-to-draw-the-evil-monkey-from-family-guy_1_000000001876_3.jpg

Go out/use online coupons the day of or be SOL. Stay glued to CAG or else!

hahaha they changed their systems up quick lol
didn't want 007 to sign up again for crappy coupons
already have prototype 2
You're an idiot. Even if you didn't want 007 it was a free $19.20 or $38.40 if you used it twice and traded 1 or both in. Nothings good enough for anybody these days.

I'll post my pictures here later (on mobile), but I can confirm that Best Buy will also give ESPN Sports Connection for free as well through an Amazon price match. That makes three free games in one day.

Thanks again for the heads up OP. I mentioned this might happen in the last Best Buy Gamers Club thread, but it's crazy to think the coupons came through.
You should really have worded this better, as your post makes it sound like ESPN Sports Connection will automatically ring up free after PMing Amazon, but when I tried this today, the coupon didn't change the after-PM price of $19.96 at all. When I asked why the coupon wasn't doing anything, the employee just said the game had to be at least $30 before tax or the coupon wouldn't apply (he didn't really understand/hear me when I mentioned I had gotten a game for free using a similar coupon). I still bought the game so as to avoid being a jerk for wasting the employee's time, but I'll return it tomorrow or the next time I'm in a BBY.

So yeah, YMMV on this, as I initially thought.

bread's done
Back