Best Buy 10/25 - 10/31 30% off all regular priced Blu-rays

[quote name='Mikkey']so they gonna take 30% MSRP??[/QUOTE]

They'll take 30% off whatever best buy has them retailed at. Most are not near MSRP, but close.

[quote name='ajh2298']So will BSG:"The Plan" be $26.99 plus 30% off on top of that?[/QUOTE]

no, because that's a sale price AND it says so in the small print underneath.

[quote name='ajh2298']So will BSG:"The Plan" be $26.99 plus 30% off on top of that?[/QUOTE]

It won't apply to new releases or to sale prices. It will apply to the regular BB price, usually on white stickers. Most movies are either 24.99 or 29.99, but some are 19.99 or higher than $30.

[quote name='minimafiaaj']does that say ice age is $18.99 for blu?[/QUOTE]

yeah I noticed that too! I'd be in for one, but then that would kill the Ice Age 1 & 2 DVDs I have going...plus I have to get that Tinkerbell movie (my son has been asking about that for 5 months, so finally!!)

The Green Mile Blu-Ray is a BestBuy exclusive and regularly sells for $29.99. That's the movie to go for during the sale (if you're interested in it).

Damn it I have been wanting to pick up the new Friday the 13th movie and have been wanting a sale on horror movies on BD but they had to have both going on now. If it wasn't for Friday the 13th being on sale I could save an extra 4 bucks with the 30%. That 30% also just drops Trick r Treat down to around what amazon charges and I still would have to pay tax. I might as well just hold off and see how much I get in for trade with the movies I just sent in to amazon. Nice of them to have both deals at the same time. Maybe they will have other horror movies that are not listed as being on sale that I can get 30% off.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='MORT A POTTY']aww shit now I wanna go spend more money on shit I don't need. :'([/QUOTE]

that's kinda what this whole website is about. ;)

[quote name='eastx']The Green Mile Blu-Ray is a BestBuy exclusive and regularly sells for $29.99. That's the movie to go for during the sale (if you're interested in it).[/QUOTE]That's showing up at $20.99 online right now, so it's 30% off of the $29.99 price.

Also, Up and Monsters Inc. both dropped to $24.49, so let's hope Amazon follows suit with that, so our Amazon pre-orders will drop accordingly.

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are confirmed to be 13.99 according to the website! I will pick those up and check out what else I can find tomorrow.

Bummed it looks like concert blu-rays aren't a part of the 30% off. I will ask them though.

Other stuff I've found online that I may be interested in:
Napolean Dynamite 9.09
The Truman Show 10.49
Waynes World 1/2 12.59
Shinobi 13.99

Ghost in a Shell 2.0 13.99 (preorder I guess)
Office Season 5 (If I didn't have it) 34.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Preorders are included people! :applause:

The Rocky Collection - $52.49. Compare to $67.99 on Amazon.

Also new day-and-date titles are $20.99, including:

Star Trek
G.I. Joe
Inglorious Basterds
Angels & Demons
Taking Of Pelham 123
Bruno
Funny People

And more expensive catalog titles are also $20.99, including:

Forrest Gump
Clerks
Chasing Amy

Then there's cheaper deals on new/preorder catalog titles, like

Leon The Professional, The Craft, and Wolf for $13.99.

Look around the site, there's deals to be had. Order ASAP, you never know how long the preorders will be eligible.

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']Preorders are included people! :applause:

The Rocky Collection - $52.49. Compare to $67.99 on Amazon.

Also new day-and-date titles are $20.99, including:

Star Trek
G.I. Joe
Inglorious Basterds
Angels & Demons
Taking Of Pelham 123
Bruno
Funny People

And more expensive catalog titles are also $20.99, including:

Forrest Gump
Clerks
Chasing Amy

Then there's cheaper deals on new/preorder catalog titles, like

Leon The Professional, The Craft, and Wolf for $13.99.

Look around the site, there's deals to be had. Order ASAP, you never know how long the preorders will be eligible.[/QUOTE]
fuck yea! i should pre-order by now before is too late.

Whew after 2-3 hours of finding the best deal on pre-order, my cart had 15 items in there then after an hour or so, I eliminated 10 items I don't want and order the best 5 movies I like.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra-Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3-Blu-ray Disc
Pick-Up: Burbank, CA

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian-Blu-ray Disc

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3-Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3-Blu-ray Disc

Angels & Demons-Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3-Blu-ray Disc

Brüno-Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3-Blu-ray Disc

Order Total: $115.18 paid by PayPal

[quote name='Deadpool']Leon The Professional for $13.99?! fuck me it's Christmas![/QUOTE]
Yeah I know, I already have german steelbook on Blu-ray. PQ looks stunning!

[quote name='eastx']The Green Mile Blu-Ray is a BestBuy exclusive and regularly sells for $29.99. That's the movie to go for during the sale (if you're interested in it).[/QUOTE]

BINGO! Thanks for the reminder, I'd been wanting to pick it up but I refuse to spend $30 on a single movie these days.

The ad says 24.99 for Friday the 13th yet online it is 19.99. I also see The Haunting in Connecticut is cheaper by 2 bucks online. I take it best buy would have to sell them to me for this price if I went to pick them up today?

I wonder should I just bite on the Restored version of the Godfather set that I want to get to replace my old DVD set instead of buying a lot of the cheap movies that I want too?

[quote name='sendme']The ad says 24.99 for Friday the 13th yet online it is 19.99. I also see The Haunting in Connecticut is cheaper by 2 bucks online. I take it best buy would have to sell them to me for this price if I went to pick them up today?[/QUOTE]

The easiest way to handle this is to order online, and choose in-store pickup. But yes, BB stores will usually price match their website, but some stores can be a-holes about it.

got Sin City unrated, recut, extended 2-disc blu ray for $20.99+tax best price ive seen so far.

I was looking for it for $19.99 or under but it was only a dollar more so I jumped on it

I preordered GI Joe and Forrest Gump special edition for a total of 45 with tax, but they already charged my card and got no confirmation email... they better have my two when i come in...

[quote name='fizzywix']Ghost in a Shell 2.0 13.99 (preorder I guess)[/QUOTE]

Just picked this up from Best Buy yesterday when I went to get Fallout 3 price matched. It says pre-order on every site but the Mission Valley BBY had like 20 of them. Might have to go back again to get the price adjusted.

Does anybody know if you pre order GI Joe and Star trak if you'll get charge for shipping one time or for each time they send the movie out? I don't mind getting a jump on the pre order stuff but I rather have them ship it all at once to save on shipping.

Went a little crazy pre-ordering today. I was going to pick up all these anyway, so I figured might as well lock 'em in at some good prices.

Picked up:

$20.99
G.I. Joe
Star Trek
Funny People
Forrest Gump
Inglorious Basterds
North by Northwest

also picked up Say Anything ($17.49) and Clone Wars S1 ($34.99)

Between these and my Amazon pre-orders for Harry Potter, The Hangover and Terminator, I think I may be good for the rest of the year.

[quote name='madvaz']Does anybody know if you pre order GI Joe and Star trak if you'll get charge for shipping one time or for each time they send the movie out? I don't mind getting a jump on the pre order stuff but I rather have them ship it all at once to save on shipping.[/QUOTE]
You're paying for shipping on each title, unless it comes with free shipping. Each item would be charged out at item cost + tax + applicable shipping charges. You're not saving on shipping charges with multiple items.

[quote name='shrike4242']You're paying for shipping on each title, unless it comes with free shipping. Each item would be charged out at item cost + tax + applicable shipping charges. You're not saving on shipping charges with multiple items.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, good to know and have to see if it's cheaper to pick up the day of release in the stores.

I ended up getting Friday the 13th (the new one), Quarantine and Drag Me To Hell. The only one that was not a blind buy was Friday the 13th. I just watched Quarantine and I really liked it. I will chances are go back for more movies Friaday. I guess this is going to have to be my horror movie deal because I have not seen one yet this year.

[quote name='lawdood']Went a little crazy pre-ordering today. I was going to pick up all these anyway, so I figured might as well lock 'em in at some good prices.

Picked up:

$20.99
G.I. Joe
Star Trek
Funny People
Forrest Gump
Inglorious Basterds
North by Northwest

also picked up Say Anything ($17.49) and Clone Wars S1 ($34.99)

Between these and my Amazon pre-orders for Harry Potter, The Hangover and Terminator, I think I may be good for the rest of the year.[/QUOTE]
Was that the final price of those listed or were you able to get 30% off of that?

wanted to go nuts...but held off....

ended up pre-ordering Star Trek and threw in Wrath of Khan for a grand total of 30.19 (damn you, tax!!!)

[quote name='One4Deuce']Was that the final price of those listed or were you able to get 30% off of that?[/QUOTE]

Those are the prices after the 30% has been deducted.

this may be a dumb question....but does anyone know if you can use BB gift cards online? i have a ton of them lying around. this would be a good time to use a few.

[quote name='elessar123']Just picked this up from Best Buy yesterday when I went to get Fallout 3 price matched. It says pre-order on every site but the Mission Valley BBY had like 20 of them. Might have to go back again to get the price adjusted.[/QUOTE]

I also got GITS 2.0 yesterday for $19.99. What's their policy on price adjustments? Does it have to be the same store? There's another location closer to where I work and that would be more convenient for me.

[quote name='joeyatog']this may be a dumb question....but does anyone know if you can use BB gift cards online? i have a ton of them lying around. this would be a good time to use a few.[/QUOTE]
Does it say Best Buy on your gift card? :roll:

[quote name='joeyatog']this may be a dumb question....but does anyone know if you can use BB gift cards online? i have a ton of them lying around. this would be a good time to use a few.[/QUOTE]

yes you can, you just need the number and PIN on the back of the cards.

bread's done
Back